AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-28, 03:07   Link #41
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I was thinking that due to many questions being asked over and over again, that a FAQ thread be started up with some common answers to questions such as "What does CLANNAD actually mean?" and "Is this based on a game?" and "OMGZWTFBBQSAUCE... this is from Key, does that mean it's a h-game???"
Old 2007-10-28, 04:33   Link #42
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Now that the widescreen version has been released, is there need of a video quality thread?
I'm not in favour of creating such threads. The only reason it exists in the Gundam forum is because that forum isn't limited. If another Mod thinks it's justified here, fair enough but in practice such threads become more of a complants thread than anything.
Old 2007-10-28, 05:18   Link #43
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I agree with xris on this matter - there is little to be gained from such a thread. We all know the regular version cut out some parts of the image ... what would we do in such a thread besides going "orz, this version is so much better then the cut down one!". There is nothing to discuss besides praising one and/or complaining about the other.
Old 2007-10-29, 18:05   Link #44
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Maybe a thread for Sunohara, so that we can monitor his potential development as a supporting character?

So far he's merely a comedic character, but with Kyoani at the helm, he's bound to develop eventually... (or so I hope...)
Old 2007-11-03, 04:04   Link #45
Tangowr

Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265 View Post
Maybe a thread for Sunohara, so that we can monitor his potential development as a supporting character?

So far he's merely a comedic character, but with Kyoani at the helm, he's bound to develop eventually... (or so I hope...)
He's only a serious chara in Kyou's route.
Fuuko route - Nagisa's other love interest, and comedy relief
Tomoyo - Comedy relief
Kyou - The voice of reason
Kotomi - Completely ignored by Kotomi so not important

But that reminds me, I have a doujin where he becomes the "Main" character in CLannad...
Old 2007-11-11, 17:07   Link #46
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by eMpTy265 View Post

I completely agree. How can the biggest bugger in the show not get a thread to himself? I can even create a Sunohara fan club for it! (Sunohara in Kyou's route is suuuuuuper cool by the way)
Old 2007-11-14, 03:39   Link #47
Divini
Senpai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
I completely agree. How can the biggest bugger in the show not get a thread to himself? I can even create a Sunohara fan club for it! (Sunohara in Kyou's route is suuuuuuper cool by the way)
I second the creation of a Sunohara thread.

I also think Ryou should get a thread. She has enough presence and screentime as many of the main characters, and I think that she will be developed nicely as a character as well.
Old 2007-11-16, 18:47   Link #48
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I third and fourth the creation of the Sunohara thread. Oh wait....

edit: Thread created!

Last edited by monir; 2007-11-16 at 19:22.
Old 2007-12-12, 02:28   Link #49
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Just a quick question, will we get the 1st favorite character thread any time soon? =3

I know, it gonna depend on the current screen time that make a character getting more voted than others. Still i would like to see the change in people's mind from "half way over the series" to "the end"
Old 2007-12-12, 03:35   Link #50
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Just a quick question, will we get the 1st favorite character thread any time soon? =3

I know, it gonna depend on the current screen time that make a character getting more voted than others. Still i would like to see the change in people's mind from "half way over the series" to "the end"
Take a look at these posts from the first page of this thread. The answer is given several times.

Or in other words, one will be created in the next few weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
Favorite character poll is a "must have"...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
err... considering how new the series is (and as some side characters aren't even introduced yet), it is really to soon to do so.
Usually, they are done during mid series, or when the show has ended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Ditto Klashikari. Way too early in the series to have such thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Well, here's a thought. I suggested the "Favourite Main Characters" thread back for Lucky Star, and that worked out quite well.

Not that I'm saying we should implement it now (even I think it's too early in the series for anything like that), but maybe we can implement it somewhat earlier than a "Favourite (all) Characters" thread?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am pretty sure the ones in the OP slideshow are the main ones
In all seriousness though - there is little reason for a favorite character poll when we have barely had a taste of some characters and their personalities. For the moment it doesn't boil down to much more than first impressions with characters like Tomoyo / Fuko / Kotomi/Ryou/whatever. Since it is pretty much a given this is going to be 24 episodes, i am envisioning two character polls - one at the middle (around ep12-13), and one when the series ends.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
As far as I'm concerned, it's a no.

Lucky Star was way different than Clannad and making something related to the main characters was absolutely justified since, from the very beginning, it was clear who they were. But here? Unlike LS, This is a plot oriented tale, hence I wouldn't go as far as introducing "main characters" discussions or poll. Besides, at this point of time (episode 2), who are the main characters? Anime virgins cannot know, and must not know before the anime says it is time.

I'm afraid we'll follow the model of "Kanon" instead. So expect an all chars favourite poll later in the series (in the middle if it's 24-26 episodes, at the end if it's 12-13).
Old 2007-12-17, 10:23   Link #51
telperionflower
I love clouds...

I'd like to see a Ryou thread. She's my favorite character so far.

But I would understand if the thread isn't created. She has played a minor role so far, and judging from most of the Clannad artwork out there, it seems that she will not be one of the major characters. I haven't heard much talk about her amongst fans either. But, at any rate, that's my request. Thanks for listening.
Old 2007-12-17, 11:02   Link #52
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes, Ryou is considered as a secondary character, but so is Youhei.
The matter was lingering around, but her involvement in recent episodes (namely 10 and 11) warrants her a proper character thread.
Old 2007-12-17, 21:36   Link #53
telperionflower
I love clouds...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Yes, Ryou is considered as a secondary character, but so is Youhei.
The matter was lingering around, but her involvement in recent episodes (namely 10 and 11) warrants her a proper character thread.
Thanks
Old 2007-12-22, 10:56   Link #54
kevs926

can i request a poll thread discussing about subs?

it will ask which is better, "Sprocket-hole-subs or SS-Eclipse?".
Old 2007-12-22, 11:08   Link #55
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevs926 View Post

I'm sure they'll get to you on the matter soon enough, but I might as well say it anyway since I asked the same question once.

Both Mentar and IRJustman, representatives of SS-Eclipse and TWH-Sprocket respectively, have said it would be preferable not to have this conversation in the first place, since it would only lead to a flame war. So I'd say let's respect their wishes, and not have this thread. It is also not strictly pertaining to CLANNAD in any case, anyway.
Old 2007-12-22, 11:18   Link #56
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:

No. For a number of reasons (some of which Ascaloth has already mentioned) we have no interest in promoting such a "discussion", and this is the case for any fansub, not just Clannad.
Old 2007-12-23, 10:39   Link #57
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Since the last chapter before their long break -12 - have aired for a while already; can we have the 1st favourite character poll now? ^^

It's about half of series already
Old 2007-12-23, 11:59   Link #58
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I also believe it's about time since we have a fair accumulation of characters, but once again I'm not an expert on the title... so I'll let the expert decide. The thread will be one more incentive to come to this section of the forum during the month recess.
Old 2007-12-23, 12:36   Link #59
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Favorite Character poll created. Have fun
Old 2007-12-25, 02:45   Link #60
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:

I will add further to what Ascaloth and Xris have said and suggest that if you REALLY want to talk about subs, please do so with us (all four groups in general) DIRECTLY.

For our (Sprocket/TWH) part, we DO listen. Whether we'll actually implement any suggestions is entirely a matter of discretion.

I will not presume to speak for SS or Eclipse on their effort. Though likewise, if you have questions or concerns regarding their effort, take it up with them. Again, whether they implement anything you suggest will entirely be a matter of discretion.

Thanks for understanding.

--Ian.
Closed Thread