AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-08, 15:11   Link #41
DekaMaster
Banned

I won't bother downloading this anime until a group that is not ^_^ does it. I watched one of their other projects and it was just not good :/
Old 2004-04-08, 15:24   Link #42
Lina
moo.

Mehh, it's okay.. Since I wasted a buncha unholy hours on Ragnarok I feel inclined to follow it and see what else I can remember... Psh, like the city guards/admins ever helped with branch monsters! They were usually the ones letting them lose and killing everyone for fun...
Old 2004-04-08, 19:56   Link #43
SimplyEd
Claytard

:OFF-TOPIC:

Sorry folks, but there's a little bit of steam i have to vent: during the course of this thread i noticed that a lot of people seem to place a whole lot of unjustified dislike on the fansub group called ^_^, which i can't really comprehend. They seem to be a fairly new group and therefore they deserve just as much support and appreciation as any other of the major players like A-Keep, Aone and all the others, even AJ (yes i mean it, they no longer deserve their bad reputation at all).
I do understand that every persons preferences vary and that some groups will always be prefered over others, but all of them have one thing in common: they should receive our respect for their voluntary work. The display of dislike is, at best, inappropriate as long it is not constructive criticism but bashing.
Thank you very much for your patience^^
Old 2004-04-08, 20:12   Link #44
UssoKK

So, just to clarify, it -IS- a little cookie-cutter, and all the magic or support classes are females? That stinks in my book.

And SimplyEd has a point. It's not like ^_^ is charging anyone. Not every new group can be, Anime-Keep or Ani-Kraze quality.
Old 2004-04-09, 04:13   Link #45
^_^

Although I thought episode 1 was not all that great, I did find it fun and nostalgic. It brought back alot of memories of my days playing Ragnarok online.

I think this series has great potential ^_^
Old 2004-04-09, 05:57   Link #46
Sylvanthious

I liked this ep, and even though I'm not at all able to speak japanese so I don't know how much my opinion matters on the sub, but I thought the sub was fine.

So, I really was actually pretty into the Series though, I play EQ, and this stuff is up my alley. I was actually so entertained by the episode that I went and checked out the games website. Oh man, I don't think I'll be playing Ragnarok Online any time soon. That game looks really bad. It kind of looked like something I would imagine playing on my Super Nintendo back in the day. I considered signing up for the 15 day trial, but I decided against it. I guess I can't say if the game is good or bad until I play it.

What I'm trying to say is that the show I like, the group doing the subbing '^__^' is ok, and the game doesn't look very good at all.
Old 2004-04-09, 09:27   Link #47
Airnest

The swordie looks like a pathetic faggot. The mage is very hot.
Old 2004-04-09, 14:26   Link #48
bobofet
Blue Pheasant

the voice acting/personality of roan is superb, actually is the voice actor who's doing roan the same as the one for the main boy character(forgot his name) in maburaho? i swear they sound the same

yuufa is such a snobby stuck-up...kinda reminds me of 90% of girls in real life. roan should just ditch her and do tryst with the magician
Old 2004-04-09, 16:21   Link #49
OrangeKaito
Bloody Snow 9Ô_ó9

I watched the "^_^" Release, and it wasnt that bad, except for the missing Opening Lyrics ;_;
But the overall Dialogue was ok...

And I liked it, even thoug in the Game, that would not have been possible... XD
Old 2004-04-09, 16:23   Link #50
HellRaver
Warrior Nation

Download speed is sooooo low
I wanna see but it takes forever to get it downloaded and everytime I get "tracker down error" *cries*
Old 2004-04-09, 20:32   Link #51
lordlucless

This seems pretty cookie-cutter fantasy to me. I don't think MMORPGs make the best basis for fiction; in a MMORPG the focus is often on social aspects of the game, not the originality of the game-world. I imagine most MMORPG-based fiction would be pretty sameish.

I do like the character designs for the main characters, but the artwork for all the secondary characters seems a little primitive. It's like the studio blew all their budget before getting around to the support cast.
Old 2004-04-10, 04:09   Link #52
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

I wonder when we'll meet the first Power Gamer, Munchkin, Min/Maxer, N00b?
Old 2004-04-10, 04:33   Link #53
Kiro
chocolate overdose

i didn't have any issues with the quality of the subs. i think ^_^ did a good job on this one.

but i have some issues with the anime itself. it's so WOW unoriginal. support/healing-girl, knight, magician. *yawn* everything in that show you allready have seen elsewhere. if i where to produce a fantasy anime i would at least TRY to make the first episode somehow special.

that group that stole the "item bag" from the magican. it was just your typipcal brainless "we-appear-in-every-episode-of-pokemon"-team rocket. please, spare us.

the fighting part was just *ugh* lame. wtf where they doing? at some point our little knight can't stand up anymore. what is that "support"-girl doing? instead of using her "heal"-skill again, she uses what? her laughable holy light to attack the monster which has obviously no effect. just...no?

the knights appear! what do they do? they throw spears. wow, that hurts. was that there plan? very effective. and that magician with the blind fold, if that lightning attack was the most effective spell against that "mechanical" monster, why did she cast those crappy ice-spells in the first place?

i didn't play ragnarok the game but i played a lot other rpg's. and since when does someone cast ice-spells on a mechanic creature when you have acces to lightning spells? no, just no.
Old 2004-04-10, 08:53   Link #54
Kazahaya

seriously, in most anime the characters do NOT make the obviously most effective attack until the last moment and they beat the monster 'by accident'. Not very intelligent. Stronger characters desperately needed... =_=
I think this series will be better if it follows the GuruGuru style XD'
Old 2004-04-10, 09:55   Link #55
HellRaver
Warrior Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro
i didn't have any issues with the quality of the subs. i think ^_^ did a good job on this one.

but i have some issues with the anime itself. it's so WOW unoriginal. support/healing-girl, knight, magician. *yawn* everything in that show you allready have seen elsewhere. if i where to produce a fantasy anime i would at least TRY to make the first episode somehow special.

that group that stole the "item bag" from the magican. it was just your typipcal brainless "we-appear-in-every-episode-of-pokemon"-team rocket. please, spare us.

the fighting part was just *ugh* lame. wtf where they doing? at some point our little knight can't stand up anymore. what is that "support"-girl doing? instead of using her "heal"-skill again, she uses what? her laughable holy light to attack the monster which has obviously no effect. just...no?

the knights appear! what do they do? they throw spears. wow, that hurts. was that there plan? very effective. and that magician with the blind fold, if that lightning attack was the most effective spell against that "mechanical" monster, why did she cast those crappy ice-spells in the first place?

i didn't play ragnarok the game but i played a lot other rpg's. and since when does someone cast ice-spells on a mechanic creature when you have acces to lightning spells? no, just no.

Well maybe if you'd play the game you'd understand.
First off Acolytes dont have alot of mana which allowes them to use heal very limited esspecially at lvl 1.

Cold skills are water based and lightning is enhanced by those water skills so its perfectly ok to use water first and then lightning.

And those spears are the spearskills of the Knights which do lots of dmg in the game.
Old 2004-04-10, 15:30   Link #56
Fate
Mystic Arcane

Lightbulb

It really isn't that bad.

Consider this: It's the first episode. Many complain now, because many failed to understand that most anime does not take off with the first episode.

Think of others, such as Naruto, Samurai Deeper Kyo and .hack//sign. Anime usually needs time to build up story, character development, suspense, etc. Some may recall in the past, if he or she is not in denial, that he or she thought Naruto sucked int he first episode. Seriously.

It also depends on the genre. Anime like Trigun started off great because it was a fast-paced action slash comedy.

There are even some anime that does a sudden turn-around near the end, which is where they get their high points. How? Easy - the beginning and middle episodes were nearly part of a bigger picture, in which the ending message revealed an unexpected and solid story, message, etc. etc.

Or to put all this shortly with a near-quote, "shaddap n00bs and watch the whole *$&#*$# thing!"

Peace.
Old 2004-04-10, 15:44   Link #57
Fate
Mystic Arcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiro

1. Too quick to criticize, I believe. As for unoriginal, your other statements answered this view.

2. You're kidding? It's the first episode. Besides, Team Rocket in Pokemon arereal characters that serves a purpose, although it is overshadowed by their foolishness and misfortune.

3. They are obviously low-level characters. In many MMORPGS, the so-called support characters may start out with some sort of magic attack. Healings are usually expensive, and there is no point in healing if the enemy cannot be defeated.

And why is everyone bashing "support" characters? RO is a MMORPG, not your everyday newbie Final Fantasy game. These misnamed "support" characters are awesome some properly trained and attributes well-distributed.

4. I don't think those Knights were in any position to go melee with swords. They were doing fine. Just because we shouldn't see the "HP status" of the monster draining (since we're so spoiled) doesn't mean it wasn't effective. As for the magic, someone else answered.

5. This is a MMORPG, not a simple RPG. MMORPG from the Asian area is significantly different from what we are exposed to. Try playing games such as RO, Priston Tales, and Dragon Raja.

All this shows that this anime is ORIGINAL already! My, no typical cast-the-thunder-spell-and-win rpg?? No more Knights-slashes-with-sword-GG? No more "support"-characters-must-heal-run-then-cry-but-never-attack??

Oh my! It's so different, we don't know how to react to it!! Let's bash it some more, for I fear it!!

Unorthodoxy within a familiar setting in anime is often accepted with high-criticism, especially at its "unoriginality." Bring out another anime people simply are sapped into, something similar to their favorite anime and it will be easy accepted. Bring in something different and the reception will be significantly different.

Happens all the time.
Old 2004-04-10, 15:50   Link #58
Fate
Mystic Arcane

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingRanger
I won't bother downloading this anime until a group that is not ^_^ does it. I watched one of their other projects and it was just not good :/
Let's see you do a better job. This mean, surpass the video quality of the release with the file size in consideration, accurate translations with minimum fumbling over language (such as regional jokes) and as a bonus, you may waste your time attempting to translate the songs, only to later be slapped in the face if an official translation is ever released.

Good luck, and I'm sure many won't bother downloading your fansub. -_-;
Old 2004-04-10, 19:27   Link #59
Jehuty

Er...

Quote:
Originally Posted by "kiro

Um... duh. Of course they'd show those characters. Swordsmen and Acolytes go very well together, and are common parties. Add a mage, and they kick ass. Also, you said "if i where to produce a fantasy anime i would at least TRY to make the first episode somehow special." Well... You obviously don't have skills necessary, nor are you are a producer, so how can you say you'd do a better job, hm?

The one thing I'll semi-agree with you is the part about the trio - the rogue, blacksmith and thief just.. I dunno. They don't really fit.

The fighting part was okay. The guy was not a knight - he was a swordsman. As for the acolyte ("support"-girl), heals are expensive.. Holy Light will be very weak as well, but it was all she could do at the time, Holy Light doesn't take much sp (magic points) at all. Also, she did it to distract the monster long enough for the others to get their bearings and attack.

The attack the Knights used is called Spear Brandish - it's quite powerful. Opponents like Clock Tower Keeper are best dealt with range attacks, not melee (unless your agi and flee are insanely high).

The reason the mage used ice first and lightning later is because lightning attacks become stronger after a water-based attack. She should have just gone for Frost Driver and Lightning Bolt, but I'm assuming she used Cold Bolt just for dramatic effect.

Also, you said you didn't play RO, right? then you wouldn't know how it goes.

Now - I do have some gripes with the anime... Mainly the Clock Tower Keeper. You see, the swordsman said he was level one... That monster is usually killed by 70+ characters only.. And I doubt they'd do well without support. That monster was simply too much for the swordsman - one hit, and he should've been dead, hands down. It's just...No. A mage I can see doing some serious damage, even freezing it with frost driver (assuming it's level 6 or more, and she's on her 40's). That swordie shouldn't have been able to damage it at all... Also, he should've gotten exp (you don't lose exp when a monster kills you in a town, but you can gain, woo-hoo!), and should've went up to like, level 15 or something, heh... especially since he got help and all. And of course, the aco was partying, so she should have gotten some exp too.

Blar.
Old 2004-04-10, 20:44   Link #60
Wolfy

This anime will be good. Dun you people worry. Can’t you tell that it’s gonna be good? Also, couldn’t you tell that the Final Fantasy animation would end up in the pits from its first episode? These are senses one attains after watching many animes.

I know you want more. It’ll happen. I know you’re disappointed with Roan being the main character since he’s nothing special. Well too bad, because he’s young and innocent. The good guys usually abide by their morals until someday they meet the dominatrix. Roan will become twisted. He’ll crave more than the desire to protect. After all, Yuufa is already dead!
Closed Thread