Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-10-04, 19:57   Link #101
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Did you ask them and they replies that they were trying to alientate them ?
What? That sentence makes no grammatical sense. Reformulate that in intelligible English, please (and I'm not even a native speaker).

Quote:
It's better they say it than they not say it because now everyone knows who to stay away from.
Then WHY THE HELL don't you say BLACK [insert your country's gentilic] people? I'm gonna take a (not so wild) guess and say that, from that way of addressing them, you're American. They are American, too!

I'm not saying you should not say "stay away from black people". Do whatever the hell you want. But I find it completely irksome that some people see fit to treat them as outsiders like that, mainly because that's such a high degree of blindness that doesn't allow you to see that the problem is within your own society, and not because Africans are all robbers.

Quote:
South Africa
OH, HEY, HEAR THIS, WHITE SOUTH AFRICANS AREN'T AFRICANS NOW, HURR

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 21:46   Link #102
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
OH, HEY, HEAR THIS, WHITE SOUTH AFRICANS AREN'T AFRICANS NOW, HURR
Wait, Africans live in Africa?

Holy shit, we're making revelations here
"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-04, 22:10   Link #103
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Yeah, now someone's gotta come to the conclusion that Americans live in America and we will have to give them a freaking Nobel prize or something.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 09:14   Link #104
Amray

I have a black friend, and I treat him really badly. But that is how I treat every single one of my friends so I am not giving him any special treatment just for his colour. (Yes, that was a joke. I love all my friends no matter the colour or ethnicity.)

Seriously though, when I see a black englishman (did you notice that I said "black englishman"?) I just see them as another normal British citizen, along with all other British citizens with different ethnic backgrounds. Never would I look at them as outcasts and what not..unless ofcourse they are in fact really travelers and tourists. I treat them with respect too.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 09:29   Link #105
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Same here. When I see a black Englishman, I throw rotten fruits at him. But that's because he's English, not because of his skin color. (Kidding! )
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-05, 09:39   Link #106
Amray

Ladies and Gentlemen,
allow me to introduce you to your comedian for today; Mr. 'Smart-mouth' Ahn Minh.
Amray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-06, 17:04   Link #107
Kiggz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Same here. When I see a black Englishman, I throw rotten fruits at him. But that's because he's English, not because of his skin color. (Kidding! )
lol 10/10
Kiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 03:30   Link #108
Samari
World's Greatest

Have you ever been burglarized?

Because I just was when I was away during the Thanksgiving weekend. Me and my roommates actually. I live on Treasure Island in San Francisco and apparently that day during the time between 1:30pm and 3:00pm there was an invasion of our household. It's really rare that no one is around our house. In total there were four roommates including myself. One had moved out that day earlier. Leaving it to be just us three. And during that specific time period we got our stuff jacked. I guess I was the luckiest one. My buddies got their laptops taken and one also his expensive camera. Some other little things too. The only thing from my room to be missing seems to be my 80GB PS3. I was silently furious. They left the games and movies there. My desktop computer, scanner, printer, and $400 Cannon Powershot is also still here...but I think they didn't take the camera because they just didn't see it. I have the serial number for my PS3, so I plan to turn that into the authorities and update the police report.

There is something that I'm curious about though. I keep wondering whether they had been watching us for quite some time and knew when to strike, or did they just take a chance and no one happened to be home. I'm assuming it's the former. For a while there were four people living in the household. On Thanksgiving Day when everyone is usually in their houses, I wouldn't be confident to burglarize a home. Then again they could have just been armed and went in the house prepared for a confrontation. So perhaps it's a blessing no one was there.

It's a pretty safe neighborhood here in terms of people not getting hurt. Perhaps not so much in the theft department. I believe the person, or people got in through our front window which is usually kept locked and shut, and double locked with a second wooden bar. What we didn't know is that if you leave the main lock unlocked the wooden bar is useless because you can actually open the window from the front of the house by just sliding your hands on it.

I feel like buying a baseball bat now. I'm still quite pissed. Criminals I hear aren't usually that smart in terms of what they do after the crime...as in they come back around the same location. I wouldn't be surprised if the person, or people tried to do this again to our place even with added security. We have some more valuable stuff they might try to take. I would love to get just one good swing at a head or two.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 11:15   Link #109
Shadow Kira01

If it does occur, you can always try to be calm and serve them some tea, then have a conversation, maybe the thug would lower his/her weapon, giving you an opportunity to make a run for it. This may sound pretty stupid, but somebody had done so and succeeded.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-11-30, 15:35   Link #110
LeoXiao
思想工作

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
If it does occur, you can always try to be calm and serve them some tea, then have a conversation, maybe the thug would lower his/her weapon, giving you an opportunity to make a run for it. This may sound pretty stupid, but somebody had done so and succeeded.
And was that guy specialy trained in "calm interaction with humans in stressful circumstances?"

Probably.

I've never been near serious violence of crime of any kind (the closest was a fight that ensued when some kid tried to stop me from getting off a school bus in middle school), so I have no idea how I would react in such a situation, except for run. And if the person attacking me had a gun, I'd probably be screwed unless I have some innate ability to repel hostile people with guns.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
guns