AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 27 37.50%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 26.39%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 13.89%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-30, 07:17   Link #21
kotchy

the new light music club member.

if only ui and jun joined the light music club...
then we can wait being excited for another new story of K-ON to start!!
Old 2010-06-30, 09:02   Link #22
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotchy View Post
wait and see.......
Old 2010-06-30, 09:10   Link #23
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
Amazing! Loved the episode! Even though I'm not really a fan of the Ui, Jun and Azusa adventures, it was awesome. As always, I'm lookin' forward to the next episode.
Old 2010-06-30, 09:30   Link #24
krko
The Movie is Coming

Azusa, I find your lack of faith (in Yui) disturbing...
...but unsurprising.
It was a very funny episode but it foreshadows the future once more, a recurring theme throughout the show. The girls seem keen to keep things the way they are but they're realizing that its not going to happen.

As an aside, Azusa should definitely be more critical about using the internet. There was her buying junk and now the classic shrimp hoax.

Also, Azusa's monolugue at the end put this pic into mind:
Old 2010-06-30, 10:10   Link #25
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
"Who are you?"

I just give it a 10 , allways entertaining me even if its 5 AM when i watch it.
Old 2010-06-30, 10:19   Link #26
BlackKnightKanos
Lord of The Netherealm

Send a message via Yahoo to BlackKnightKanos
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotchy View Post
Awww. It wouldn't be the same without Yui and the rest of the LMC.
Old 2010-06-30, 10:33   Link #27
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Those are some... uh... pretty strange dreams. Almost... fetish... like...

I actually like these "about nothing" episodes focusing on the three juniors because it really does exemplify a "passing of the torch" of sorts. They talk about it a lot how the 4 will be graduating soon, leaving Azusa and to a lesser extent Ui and Jun behind. Of course as of now only Azusa is going to get the proverbial torch but we can at least see some optimism in her despite of course the worry that without members the group will disband next year. In spite of that, while she would clearly miss the time and the music spent together, she's trying to enjoy the moment as it is rather than being worried all the time, which is a big contrast to how Azusa was when the season began.

The pacing seems to suggest that it may be very possible that they might graduate even before the season ends, which is a pretty interesting approach.
Old 2010-06-30, 11:10   Link #28
TremendousLion
Drum Legend

Send a message via AIM to TremendousLion
I was thoroughly amused, one of the few episodes to evoke some serious emotion, mainly nearing the end. I was also laughing 80% of the episode, the in-out dreams were funny.
Old 2010-06-30, 11:47   Link #29
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyezrylei View Post
I find it very gross to be sliding down a water slide with yakisoba lol
I cringed at that part, good thing it's just a dream as it would have been very improper for them to do that. They would have been dumping trash into the pool. It's an interesting transition form the first half of the ep where it was easy to tell if Azusa was dreaming by checking if she was tanned.

Around 16:53 when Ui made that face as Azusa was complaining about Yui my first thought was that Ui's gonna go yandere on her.
"You dissed nee-chan?! You are going to DIE"
Old 2010-06-30, 12:30   Link #30
zette

This really felt like Azusa's own Endless Eight. Was a really good ep however, those dream sequences were awesome.

I like how they manage to maintain an overall cheerful mood while still addressing the issue of Azusa being alone when the rest of the band graduates, and how Azusa is remaining optimistic, or trying to, in spite of all that. It's certainly reflective of real life -- more often than not, people get too caught up in what's going to happen in the future that they completely forget to cherish the present.

Azusa mentions a 'school festival performance' coming up, here's hoping for some new songs.
Old 2010-06-30, 14:14   Link #31
Ezilled

Am I still watching K-ON? Or did I just watch a completely bizarre yet rather a laidback and fully-entertaining episode? If I had to compare it, it'd be an Endless Eight + Aria the Natural where Akari had experienced a mirage in a scorched midsummer. All Azusa's dreams were nothing but an acid trip and strangely, half of the events actually came true. Those three daydreams from the Higurashi-esque animation up to Ritsu in a pool slide where literally the highlights of it. Liked the short festival as well because of its overall ambiance and atmosphere. At first, I thought she was having another hallucination though. Also, Jun's figure in a swimsuit was a perfection; although, I still kinda don't like her personality at all. Ui was her self as usual, so I don't have anything to say.

That said, this ep certainly was a big suprise, and personally the best episode as of yet. Pretty straightforward that their summer season reflects the reality especially in my place - hot, undead boring, and sleep-inducing.. but without fun activities. Also, it'd be nice if we could have another OP and ED song, but the chance seems low since KyoAni hasn't even made a second OP to a certain show if I remember correctly
Old 2010-06-30, 14:22   Link #32
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

What Ezilled says about the surreality of the episode: Thumbs up. A great collection of various 4-koma morphed to new purpose in the anime and anime-unique stuff.

Morose Azunyan brings a tear to the eye, but Jun gives us the satisfaction that there may be post-graduation-of-original-4 shenanigans to come for Azunyan.

I believe this rates a "10" for me...
Old 2010-06-30, 15:35   Link #33
Ezilled

Thanks Vexx. It's refreshing to see something original and different from the previous ones. KyoAni staffs did a great job that leaving off the viewers wondering about the Azusa's dream sequences and its interesting interpretations.

As for me, those dreams were perhaps a metaphor of her bonding to Ritsu, Mio, and Mugi. All of those were nothing but things unrelated to music, but she's rather enjoying the ups and downs together with them. However in the festival scene where Yui held a hand of Azusa to see the fireworks display, they were parted by the crowds of people while pondering if she's still dreaming or not. Thus, making it as a symbolism to the reality or the near future where the original four will soon leave the school, move on to a different surrounding, and lose the time to keep in touch with each other especially to Yui. It's kinda saddening to think that Azusa will miss the days she spent with the club and could only fill the void with Ui and Jun.
Old 2010-06-30, 15:41   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I suppose we'll see just how evil Kakifly is ... over at Lucky*Star (manga) we've seen *that* mangaka (Kagami) advance the seniors out the door, but the graduated girls haven't quite disappeared yet as far as daily life goes since the younger girls come home to their elder relatives.

I'm hoping that Kakifly two-tracks his story with the original-4 as they attend the local women's university and we get the Jun/Ui/Azusa/? antics in high school with Azusa and Ui's connections providing the continuity glue to their elders. But hey, I'm not the author.
Old 2010-06-30, 17:07   Link #35
DarkWish
Proclaimed Perv

Send a message via MSN to DarkWish
I like to see other people with brains discussing these kind of stuff.. rather than me , a selfish baka lol.
Old 2010-06-30, 18:27   Link #36
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I should say that Azusa continues to reminds me of my wife (especially when she was a teen) …. she’s the same height, weight, and some of that serious personality/cynicism, the gravelly little voice, and especially that she deep tans in 10 minutes, while I simply burst into flames on contact with the sun.

Just rewatched it for a break - great episode … like a bit of Twilight Zone “am I awake or not, dammit?”, some very nice animation and art (though there were some cost-cutting moments as well).
Old 2010-06-30, 18:29   Link #37
Dop
Mmmm....

Lovely episode, with the dream sequences leading to the moment when Yui took Azusa's hand and led her off to see the fireworks only for them to be separated as they will be come the next school year. Very symbolic.

"I'm going to be all alone soon."

Waaa! Poor Azu-nyan!!!!
Old 2010-06-30, 19:16   Link #38
Seravy
Dorothy-chaaan~!

S2 is running for 2 cour? Holy crab!!
Old 2010-06-30, 19:23   Link #39
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

It was funnier when I could understand what was being said. Though it still did not get out of that Endless Eight/Higurashi vibe because that is pretty much what this was...a light hearted version of Azusa going mental and having time repeat itself (sort of) via dreaming.

Mugi: "We've entered an endless recursion of time."
Azusa: "Are we going to practise during it?"
Ritsu: "Hell no, we are here to study then have fun!"
Yui: "And eat!"
Azusa: "Awww..."
Mio: "sob"
Old 2010-06-30, 19:42   Link #40
Ramong
Danish geek

Send a message via MSN to Ramong
Great episode, loved it all!

The clips we saw from the horror movie was not frightening at all
and what is up with what Azusa wear at the pool ?! It look likes something a small kid would wear
Closed Thread