AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 13:18   Link #381
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Wow, didn't notice that. So the asshole music teacher and Wakana's mother were "best friends". And it's implied Wakana's mother is dead. HONK HONK. Incoming delicious drama in the near future.
My guess is that the asshole music teacher and Wakana's mother were both friends and rivals, but Wakana's mother was more talented than the asshole music teacher and she got jealous over it. Wakana and the asshole music teacher most likely have some history no doubt. My guess on that is that the asshole music teacher pushed Wakana too hard (both because of past jealousy of her mother and because of Wakana's potential) to the point Wakana "ragequit".

This series has so much potential drama that's portrayed pretty subtlety despite the rather happy and colorful exterior. F***ing love it.

I should really learn the asshole music teacher's name... instead of calling her asshole music teacher
I gotta say that it's already gotten, for me, pretty annoying to hear you continuously swear over and over and over again. In this one post you've used the same swear word seven times.

How about lightening up on the swears?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruAoiShiho View Post
Sadly this show looks like a cash-in on the great HanaIroha. The characters seem copypasta and the writing seems much weaker. I'll give it 3 episodes to see if it measures up, but this spiritual remake seems unpromising.
To each their own. I already like this show much better than HanaIroha. Probably because I didn't like that MC at all right from the start, but have found Konatsu to be a much more likable and lively character. Just my opinion.

Last edited by FredFriendly; 2012-07-07 at 13:24. Reason: added another reply
FredFriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 13:56   Link #382
Divini
Senpai!

Konatsu is like Yui and Mugi put together (K-ON). She reminds me SO much of those two, couldn't get it out of my head whenever I saw her.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 13:58   Link #383
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoruAoiShiho View Post
Sadly this show looks like a cash-in on the great HanaIroha. The characters seem copypasta and the writing seems much weaker. I'll give it 3 episodes to see if it measures up, but this spiritual remake seems unpromising.
If they wanted to cash in on HanaIro, why wouldn't they just do HanaIro 2?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:01   Link #384
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Well they're kinda already are. XP

I thought I could compare Tari Tari to HanaIro, but I think that might be a bit misguided. HanaIro seemed more of a Coming of Age show than this seems to me right now. I could easily be wrong but it seems to me like this is going to be more different to HanaIro.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 14:19   Link #385
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Well they're kinda already are. XP

I thought I could compare Tari Tari to HanaIro, but I think that might be a bit misguided. HanaIro seemed more of a Coming of Age show than this seems to me right now. I could easily be wrong but it seems to me like this is going to be more different to HanaIro.
Given what I've been shown in "TT" (Tari Tari. True Tears shall now be known as "T.T" by me ) and the nitty bits of details here and there, I'm predicting some heavy drama down the road between particularly Wakana, the music teacher and Konatsu. Not once did I feel this was a "cute girls doing cute things" type of show at all.

But yeh, it does feel a bit different to HanaIro. HanaIro was more upfront (and less subtle) with its drama... though it had quite a substantial amount of silly stuff in its "slower eps".
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 16:13   Link #386
KaoruAoiShiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
If they wanted to cash in on HanaIro, why wouldn't they just do HanaIro 2?
I think they would need Mari Okada for that.

This show seems to be like: Can we do it without her? Maybe we'll see? This right now seems to me like Seed Destiny. But of course need a few more eps to pass judgement, I might turn out to be wrong.
KaoruAoiShiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 21:42   Link #387
Somnus
Eh?

I'm happily posting here because Konatsu wasn't a violent tsundere with a high-pitched voice, or extremely shy with a brother complex. The girl's got spunk, and won me over with "Good luck, lonely boy!" Bonus points for her voice/singing. I enjoy both greatly. Not really a fan of "loli" types, so this seems to be a rare occasion.

That's not to discount the rest of the episode. I actually like all the characters so far, and all the dynamics throughout. Like mentioned before, the flow and general feel of the episode was fantastic. Lastly, though I acknowledge HanaIroha's success and general approval for being a good show...I found myself bored within the first few episodes.

Most likely will follow this to the end.
Old 2012-07-07, 22:32   Link #388
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Fun first episode. A lot of introductions and I was getting confused between the two dark haired girls. Their base designs are so similar.

And Reflectia FTW.
Old 2012-07-07, 22:44   Link #389
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I find the choir singing the OP of True Tears weird... they should made it more feminine and clearer. Its like a mixed choir sing.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 06:08   Link #390
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Removed a few off-topic posts, but since we are already in that territory, allow me to go off-topic to clarify something here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
I gotta say that it's already gotten, for me, pretty annoying to hear you continuously swear over and over and over again. In this one post you've used the same swear word seven times.

How about lightening up on the swears?.
If you've any problem with any post, feel free to use the report button so a moderator can look into it, and if the post crosses certain boundaries, then appropriate action will be taken accordingly. That said, we also don't want our members to police each other. It's unproductive and usually leads to circular arguments and heartaches. I've read the post you've quoted and I agree that the "swear words" could be cut down to make the post pallatable. I also think you could have brought that message straight to the poster via PM/VM or by other method instead of derailing this thread.

As for others, voicing strong opinion/likes/dislikes doesn't need to resort to name calling and such. One can still express ones liking/disliking a character without cursing him/her out in every other sentences. Use your language skill.

And play nice. Peace!
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 08:30   Link #391
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somnus View Post
I'm happily posting here because Konatsu wasn't a violent tsundere with a high-pitched voice, or extremely shy with a brother complex. The girl's got spunk, and won me over with "Good luck, lonely boy!" Bonus points for her voice/singing. I enjoy both greatly. Not really a fan of "loli" types, so this seems to be a rare occasion.
Glad to see others think the same with Konatsu, she was pleasantly surprising in what kinda character she really turned out to be.
Between her and Sawa it's hard to say who I like more.

I liked the scene with her "drowning" her sorrows and venting, it threw me at first cause I was like "wth, she's nuts!"
Old 2012-07-08, 08:53   Link #392
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Konatsu reminds me of a moe version of Chihaya from Chihayafuru both personality wise and how she sounds. Funny enough, the two share the same VA.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:21   Link #393
Miraluka
Banned

I loled, it seems that Tari Tari meaning of fanservice is manservice . Ah, poor director...

'Dreamer' Single will be on sales August 1st.

P.S.: Violin Guy Is FABULOUS!
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 11:44   Link #394
Freeter
beyond

Anime of the season right here. This show is Iroha on crack.

The manservice trolling is going to become a running gag, isn't it
Old 2012-07-08, 14:40   Link #395
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

episode 02 raw

I couldn't wait for a subbed version, so I watched the raw, and I'm glad I did. Even with my limited [non-existant] understanding of verbal Japanese, the episode was enthralling, and was over in a flash. A true testament to how captivating the characters are, even with the language barrier.

Konatsu is definitely a great character. Not only is she just so darn cute with all those different facial expressions, her tenacity and positive spirit make this a very emotionally uplifting show.
Old 2012-07-08, 14:49   Link #396
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep2:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 15:08   Link #397
FredFriendly
Beyond the Fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
Spoiler for response:

Quote:
Spoiler for ep2:
Spoiler for reply:

Quote:
Spoiler for ep2:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2012-07-08, 20:24   Link #398
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Episode 2 finishes and it was prettty brilliant.

So here we meet again PA works. Will you screw this up like HSI or go on to make this a compelling show?

It'd be ironic if the worse looking show of the two ended up being the better one.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:36   Link #399
Midonin
Last Engage

たりたり♪♪ 02 - Let's Put On a Show!

The new choir club was formed with much greater speed than I thought. Only one episode and they're already being entered into stage performances. That's the power of Konatsu's persuasion for you. Even Wakana is starting to come around thanks to it. Maybe it's because there are less episodes, but the show's establishing its tone pretty quickly. Sure, things were tense, but they ultimately turned out alright. The way the performance transitioned into the ED credits was really great.

The twist of fate that put Kyoto as their music teacher does seem like the plot doing things of its own whim (the Principal may have been a good choice at the outset, but that man and his bike-waxing...), but I think Konatsu can get around to her, too.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 20:46   Link #400
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredFriendly View Post
Spoiler for response:
Spoiler:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, music, original anime, pa works