AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2007-01-11, 00:20   Link #1
guess

crappy pic/digital camera

I took this picture from my text and as you can see, it is crappy. The text part is not legible and the figure can barely been seen as a figure. I would like to have a clear pic of this. It is dim because of the light. I don't care about that. Do you know how to take a clear pic like this using digital camera? Do I need to buy a higher pixiel digital camera for this?

For example, I would like to see detailed stuff loooking like this (see the leaves in the website).
http://gonewengland.about.com/librar...avessubmit.htm
It doesn't have to be that good but I would like see the "minute" things in the objects, well, at least be able to read the text and see the figure. thanks.
Old 2007-01-11, 04:10   Link #2
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Have you tried the macro function? Every digital camera has it.

Also, the pic seems to be made in a darker environment, possibly your own shadow casting over the book. Without the flash, it means your camera will need more time to register everything. If you move or tremble a little, you get this kind of blurry image.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-11, 07:18   Link #3
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

I suppose this camera needs minimum distance to the object that is to be photographed. I don't even know what the lens parameters are, but unless you have a high quality wide-angle lens, I would not try to make pictures of wide areas on close range. I suppose you made the photo going beyond the focal width specs of your lens. Thatswhy it is all blury.
A better approach might be, to go further away with the camera and Zoom in the page. In that case it is very important to not shake the camera (holding it in your hands might already be too much, especially with long exposure times). So using a stable base (like a tripod) is recommended.
Old 2007-01-11, 10:28   Link #4
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
if you wanna take a sharp close up function you need to use that function on youre camera, its the flower looking picture, as for focus, when you take the picture, hold the picture taking button in a little for a few sconds first then it starts to focus on what it has to photograpgh and then press it through completely

try those two tips first

also make sure of lights, if you use flash it reflects ont he paper so you have to turn that off and not move the book for less bluryness

EDIT: as for Jinto's comment, do not move away too far, because zoom in only works from a certain distance or it will get more blurry then youre pic already is, i suggest you use the flower option, have the book lying still and move about 30-40 away from it and zoom with the flower zooming, if it works on mushrooms and make it look sharp and pretty it should work on yours too
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-12, 00:22   Link #5
guess

Thanks for you guys tips. It has now been improved a lot.

I used that flower function and no flash. It is taken indoors at night. I just need to fix this dim light problem then I will be all set.