Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2003-12-10, 03:45   Link #61
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
Yeah, when Lion-san first met Asumi it was after her funeral and Asumi was carrying her ashes. It was almost 49 days later when Asumi has her accident in the river and that is why she sees her mom in the afterlife. I was surprised we got to see Lion-san's face. I didnt think we would get to see him till the end.
eh... I think we seen Lion-san face in ep 1 or 2 when he takes the lion head thing off right before Asumi's teacher, then he dissappears. I wonder why he can't show his face to Asumi, even when she enters Junoir high he stills wears his Lion mask thing.
Old 2003-12-10, 10:16   Link #62
saku~ya
la~li~lo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
eh... I think we seen Lion-san face in ep 1 or 2 when he takes the lion head thing off right before Asumi's teacher, then he dissappears. I wonder why he can't show his face to Asumi, even when she enters Junoir high he stills wears his Lion mask thing.

Perhaps there is some rule that says you can not show your face in the real world to other people. Of course Lion-san did show the teacher, but I don't believe that she even saw him. I have no idea on why he would be playing with rockets instead of crossing the river. Maybe it was his destiny to meet Asumi and be her mentor. Then when she has grown up to be an astronaut he can truly move on.
saku~ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 20:36   Link #63
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Talking

I think that Lion-san was in the spirit world to tell Asumi how to get out of it. Plus, he still wants to remain in the material world in order to be a "guardian angel/tutor" for Asumi. Which is why he was just hanging out in the spirit world in stead of crossing over the river (he's still attached to something/someone). Also, it was Asumi's fate to lead her mom out of the misery of being stuck in a spirit world, lingering without purpose. If Asumi did not accidentally fall into the river, then her mother's soul would linger on hopelessly. Too bad Asumi couldn't get to draw her mom's actual face... and freak out her Dad and teacher...hehehe ^_^
Lanimoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-10, 21:12   Link #64
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanimoo
Too bad Asumi couldn't get to draw her mom's actual face... and freak out her Dad and teacher...hehehe ^_^
Well she kinda already freaked out her teacher a little in ep 2 I believe. The preview for the next episode looks to be a good one, can't wait.
Old 2003-12-11, 09:41   Link #65
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
You all seem to be assuming that she was really dead and everything she saw with her mother actually happened and that could be true but, the way i saw it when i first watched it was she was never really dead just unconscious and everything she saw was just a dream she had, caused by everything her dad recently told her about the river crossing and what not. And her seeing her mother was just something her mind created to help itself ease the pain of loosing her mother. Her finally seeing her mothers face was one of two things ether just made up in which case that’s not really what her mom looked like or just a really old memory pulled up from the back of her head to remember what she looked like. This was all just what i figured so let me know if any of this made any sense to any one ells and feel free to disagree and/or prove me wrong.
Alfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 10:08   Link #66
u&t

Ok then. You're wrong.

With this show so firmly planted in the "spirit world" as it is it's pretty safe to assume Asumi really did meet her mother.

Just the fact that she met Lion-san there is proof enough. She couldn't possibly have dreamt him up because I'm pretty sure she had never seen him before.
u&t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-11, 10:17   Link #67
Alfzilla
Was Here

Send a message via AIM to Alfzilla
I figured that her mind put him there to guide her kinda the way he has been doing in life but since she probably never saw his face ur probably rite.
Alfzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-12, 01:49   Link #68
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

ahhhh!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfzilla
I figured that her mind put him there to guide her kinda the way he has been doing in life but since she probably never saw his face ur probably rite.
you people!!! Who cares about assumptions, when you're watching an anime with religious theme going on, you're suppose to just intuitively know!

If you want proof here it is: Asumi is a child, if she wanted to see her mom in her dream face to face, she would. That way she could've just drawn her mom's face during the sunset.... but noooo the mom was still wrapped up in bandages. Secondly, She's too young to understand the idea of "Asumi, don't get on the boat, you survive, etc." and why would she come up with "I hope Asumi grows up to be kind like you" lines?!

Conclusion: it all happened
Old 2003-12-13, 03:38   Link #69
Sklappu

I'm not really the kind of guy to dig into and overanalyze things like this, but my immediate thought about what happened in ep5 was that it actually did happen. Again I'm not too firm on it so I can go both ways. The only thing I really care about is the actual content in her dream which was very well made and made me feel a little less erm.. masculine.. if anyone figures that one out.
I liked all the details, that the boat wouldnt move when Asumi was on it, that she drew a smiley face on her drawing in the end, and that her mother didn't know the child guiding her was her daughter.

The latter reminds me of a scene in scrapped princess which was also one of the better sentimental scenes I've seen.
Sklappu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 13:31   Link #70
Go-lytely

One thing that was a mystery to me is that Lion-san told her not to cross the river and go back but she still headed straight for the river. Lion-san didnt even try to stop her.
Go-lytely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 15:02   Link #71
Sklappu

Didn't Lion-san tell her to go to the river and follow it up the stream? I could be wrong on this, I'd check but I delete episodes after I watch them.

What had me puzzled though, was why Asumi got on the boat. Was it just to help her mother onto it? She did wonder how they were going to make it move.
Sklappu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 18:06   Link #72
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Asumi wanted to make sure her mom made it across, while forgetting that if she had cross the river, she would die too.
Old 2003-12-13, 18:12   Link #73
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sklappu
Didn't Lion-san tell her to go to the river and follow it up the stream? I could be wrong on this, I'd check but I delete episodes after I watch them.

What had me puzzled though, was why Asumi got on the boat. Was it just to help her mother onto it? She did wonder how they were going to make it move.
Yup she forgot about what lion-san told her. Its odd how the boat didn't move when they were both in the boat but when Asumi step out of the boat it started moving without Asumi even touching it.
Old 2003-12-13, 19:48   Link #74
Kensuke

I like to think that the boat didn't move since it wasn't Asumi's time... And when she jumped out of it, boat started to move since her mother was onlyone on board.
Or it was just when she jumped she gave small kick to the boat to make it move.

"Lion-san" told that Asumi could return to real world by walking opposite direction than the river's flow.

I made a little google search and there is Sanzu river (Sanzu no kawa) in Buddhist mythology, it is much like Styx river in Greek mythology.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-13, 21:02   Link #75
bOcyOgl
lv.2 频道贼

off topic--

anybody know about the chinese way ?

the person crosses a bridge and an old lady gives you a bowl of soup, and you'll forget your whole life after drinking that soup
bOcyOgl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-22, 20:03   Link #76
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

ahhhhh

WHERE's EPISODE 7!?!??!?!?!?!? OMFG.... I thought it would come out a week later but i has been over a week and I need me weekly dose of Asumi... sniff sniff >_<
Old 2003-12-22, 20:06   Link #77
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanimoo
WHERE's EPISODE 7!?!??!?!?!?!? OMFG.... I thought it would come out a week later but i has been over a week and I need me weekly dose of Asumi... sniff sniff >_<
I feel the same, don't worry it should be released soon. Also you got to remember the subbers are also busy with stuff like the Exams and the fact that its the Holidays. Patience is an essence ne.
Old 2003-12-22, 20:17   Link #78
Breogan
Umeboshi

Argh... I watched from episode 1 to 6 in a row and it was really depressing. This series is really touching. There were a couple of scenes that almost made me cry, like when she drew her mother in class.

I think Lion-san is sticking around because he really wanted to go to the space. He's one of these spirits that cant rest due to an unfulfilled wish, and fate allowed him to meet Asumi and watch over her, since her becoming an astronaut would allow him to do that (sort of like the relationship between Sai and Hikaru in Hikaru no Go).
Breogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-23, 14:18   Link #79
CompShrink
getting in comps' heads

Send a message via AIM to CompShrink
I don't think asumi forgot crossing it meant death, I think she just wanted to be with her mom, though she might have forgotten, it isn't clear.

Am I the only one who thinks lion-san stayed for asumi's teacher? They were engaged I think she said... regardless of that they were definately in love... he was still too atached to her to leave... there are several examples of him watching over her... anyway...

Actually, ep8 has already aired in japan, anime-fansubs is just a bit slow... but it's ok, just glad they're doing it for us...

Their release schedule is inconsistant, don't expect it once a week, again just be glad to be getting it, though I too am anxiously awaiting the next episode.
CompShrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-29, 14:03   Link #80
Lanimoo
Disabled By Request

Unhappy booohoooo

where is 7? doko ni? I'm going to cry..... 2 weeks already........ sniff sniff

Tags
science fiction, seinen