AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2012-05-22, 16:13   Link #961
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Holy shit they made the first ending good. Well the singer is still way too damn nasally but damn son....what a difference a tempo change can make
I had a few more listens to them both, and I don't know. I like the ballad version, but I think the original is better overall. I honestly feel that it fits with AGE much better as a show IMO

One thing I can agree with you on Kaioshin, and that is Minami Kuribayashi isn't really that great of a singer If you aren't really that sold on this song, then I'd recommend not giving White Star a listen.
Quote:
I don't know, somehow I still just don't feel that modern pop music suits Gundam all that well. For me I'm still all about the ballads. Somehow this version just feels more....right....
I think it has to do with you being a long term fan of the franchise, and since Gundam has a long musical history with ballads throughout its shows, it's natural that you might feel something is ''off'' or that this version is a better match, since in a way, it sort of is.

Still, I think that on the musical front, the Gundam franchise had always had generally fantastic music (with a few exceptions) and that modern music, even pop, can be utilized effectively and just as well (if not better at times) than ballads. It depends largely on the ability of the composer and how well the music is used in the show to make it work, and I think the first ED is good.

Quote:
Speaking of which am I the only person that feels the music in AGE has gotten a little worse since the show started. Like I actually really liked a lot of the music that went into the first generation and even some of the early episodes of Gen 2 but since about the time the Zeydra was introduced I just haven't been feeling the soundtrack as much. It somehow went from low key orchestral music to kind of IMO uninspired techno.
Well, I would go as far as say that it's uninspired (though it is undoubtedly more techno than ever before) but ... yeah, I have been owning the soundtrack for a month now and had been listening to it for a while now, and I can say that the decent effort placed in the first OST had sort of fizzed out of it by Generation 2. I don't know, but where I had more motivation to listen to the first OST while I was writing my review, the second one leaves me with little to nothing.

Now don't get me wrong, it's not bad, some of the tracks are still pretty nice to listen to (the second track I found to have a really nice theme) and the tracks are longer (a criticism I had with the first OST is that some of it's best tracks were really short) there is more variety to them (I think some of the music on the second OST sound like it came from a westerner ) and I honestly like how the first track (the main theme for AGE-2) sounds, even if it is just a techno version for the 100 year old tale (but then again, I have yet to meet a variation of the first OST's 1st track that I didn't like) and I think that it still gets across the same theme of the epic, heroic, century spanning tale the song has, just with adding a bit more of an edge to it (possibly to make it sound more ''rebellious'')

But overall, it's a really disappointing effort by Yoshikawa. Even after dropping my expectations down a lot (since I understood he had a very tough act to follow) this just wasn't on the same level as the previous soundtrack.
Quote:
That and frankly the song itself is generic and uninspired as hell for a final opening.
Eh ...
Old 2012-05-25, 09:32   Link #962
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Does anybody know the name of the OST that plays in Gundam Unicorn episode 5, when Banagher's Gundam tries to hold on to the tether but it looks like the strain would be too much?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 09:53   Link #963
bio9205
Reborn

Also would like to know the name of the song playing when the Unicorn goes to catch Audrey/Mineva in mid-air.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 10:12   Link #964
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Does anybody know the name of the OST that plays in Gundam Unicorn episode 5, when Banagher's Gundam tries to hold on to the tether but it looks like the strain would be too much?
"Psycho-Field" (OST3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Also would like to know the name of the song playing when the Unicorn goes to catch Audrey/Mineva in mid-air.
"Audrey" (OST3)
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-04, 22:32   Link #965
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ottocycle View Post
"Psycho-Field" (OST3)

"Audrey" (OST3)
Both are disgustingly good fits for the scenes too.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-05, 07:08   Link #966
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Both are disgustingly good fits for the scenes too.
Agreed. To be honest, these are the only 2 soundtracks that really hit home for me for OST 3, the rest weren't as impressive.
Old 2012-07-11, 09:15   Link #967
solidvanz
Special Operative

Mobile Suit Gundam AGE Official Soundtrack Vol.3 (Release Date: July 11th 2012, Price: 3300 yen)

1. ガンダムAGE-3~覚醒 - Awakening of Gundam AGE-3
2. 遥かなる時 - Become Much More
3. コアファイター - Core Fighter
4. 破滅の風 - Wind of Doom
5. 光と影 - Light and Shadow
6. リアリティー - Reality
7. ファントム3 - Phantom Three
8. 新たな武器 - New Weapons
9. 激情 - Passion
10. 迫る影 - Approaching Shadow
11. 作戦航行 - Navigation Operations
12. キオのテーマ - Kio's Theme
13. 暴虐の街 - City of Violence
14. イノセント - Innocent
15. 悲しみを駆けろ - Running Across the Sorrow
16. アッシュ - Ash
17. Gセプター - G Scepter
18. ラ・グラミス - La Glamis
19. 守るべきもの - Things to be Protected
20. 確執 - Feud
21. 果てしなき戦い - Endless Battle
22. 運命の兆し - Signs of Destiny
23. 戦艦バロノーク - Baronoku Battleship
24. 絶望の淵で - In the Depths of Despair
25. アビス隊 - Abyss Corps.
26. 生まれ来る命 - Life We're Born To
27. 疾走 - Sprint
28. 野望の果て - End of the Ambition
29. あなたが教えてくれた - You Told Me
30. 命燃やすとき - When Life Burns
31. 決戦の日 - Sun of Battle
32. sharp ♯ (TV Version)
33. My World (TV Version)
34. 君と僕はそこにいた (TV Version) - You and Me Where There
35. REAL (TV Version)
36. WHITE justice (TV Version)

Credit: GundamGuy
Old 2012-07-11, 09:18   Link #968
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

WOOOO! Can't wait to hear those!
Old 2012-07-13, 04:40   Link #969
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

What is the song that plays just before the opening in Generation 3 of Gundam AGE?

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-15, 20:42   Link #970
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Opening 4 is definitely much better than Opening 3, but I really liked the new ending. It might actually be the best one of the show with it's only competition possibly being the second one. Time will tell. As of now like with all Gundam series I've got my tentative opening/ending rankings:

OP1>OP2>OP4>OP3

ED2=ED4>ED3>ED1
Old 2012-07-15, 23:53   Link #971
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Why is it so popular to show off destroyed Gundams in a show's ED? SEED's EDs was nothing BUT the cast standing or floating around the ruined Gundams, Gundam 00's fourth ED featured the Gundams shot full of holes, and now AGE's latest ED has the AGE-1, 2, 3, and FX torn apart in space.
Old 2012-07-16, 15:12   Link #972
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Does anyone know the name of the two tracks that play during the AGE-FX's deployment in episode 40 and if they are on the 3rd OST or not. Suddenly the music in the show has gotten really good again after a kind of lacklustre second volume
Old 2012-07-16, 18:45   Link #973
Plant42

Quote:
Does anyone know the name of the two tracks that play during the AGE-FX's deployment in episode 40 and if they are on the 3rd OST or not. Suddenly the music in the show has gotten really good again after a kind of lacklustre second volume
Still never get a chance to listen to the OST 3 except for the first track.

I quess that's the theme of FX and also the main theme for the fourth arc, it be the first track pf 4th OST.
I'm also looking forward to the pre-OP intro of the next ep, there's a high chance that we get the new intro as well as a new song for the fourth arc.
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 04:44   Link #974
bio9205
Reborn

Any idea when the full version of OP4 will be released? I really love it, definitely the best of the AGE OPs.
Old 2012-07-17, 05:00   Link #975
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by bio9205 View Post
Any idea when the full version of OP4 will be released? I really love it, definitely the best of the AGE OPs.
September 5th

Holy shit we will have character songs from Flit, Emily, Woolf, Arisa, Asemu, Zeheart, Romary and Yurin! One volume will be released next month on the 8th containing the first gen cast above while volume two will obviously feature the second gen.

Saw them on CD Japan my body is not ready especially for Arisa's song. T_T

Last edited by Roloko vi Britannia; 2012-07-17 at 05:02. Reason: wrong date for single
Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-17, 08:10   Link #976
Zeydra
A random passerby

The latest Age ost is great, the main theme is as great as the last two, and the rest of the soundtrack (that I've heard at any rate) is easily some of the best bgm the series has had since Flit's arc. Going back to a more orchestral style was a great move.
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 01:04   Link #977
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I always hate the full versions of the songs. (alot of up and downs of the song)

TV-size is where it's at, where they take the best parts of the song.

But AGE OP4 is definitely the best. Been listening since the episode came out. Better than all of 00.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-19, 23:28   Link #978
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

The quality of the the 3rd OST is definitely the highest of the series so far. Listened to half of it already and all of the tracks are pretty great.
Old 2012-07-23, 22:03   Link #979
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

What's the name of the song that plays during Asemu vs Zeheart on the moon?
Old 2012-07-23, 22:09   Link #980
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

No idea yet. It wasn't on any of the OSTs released thus far.