AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-25, 04:16   Link #1101
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
According to french website wakanim there's finaly going to be a blu ray version coming out in november.

This version will include "revambed" episodes (not only animation apparently but a few soundtrack and editing changes as well)
The pilot episode shown at TAF
Never heard before audio commentaries
New interviews as well as a look at the changes made to the anime.

Sounds quite exciting,I really wonder how big the changes are,minor,SHAFT-level or even more?

Also for all french posters,the folks at wakanim have said they've been trying to licence the show but someone's already got it,they just havn't done anything with it.
Old 2011-07-25, 07:46   Link #1102
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Are you talking about the upcoming JP release? More details here.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-25, 21:51   Link #1103
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Also for all french posters,the folks at wakanim have said they've been trying to licence the show but someone's already got it,they just havn't done anything with it.
Ahhhhh, I'm an American but I had been browsing a French forum at one point and someone mentioned about having trouble licensing the show and that's probably what they meant (apparently the French fans want the series just as much XD ). And thanks for the info about the blu-ray, I remember hearing that there was some strange grain added to the DVD version of the show that wasn't in the tv version so I wonder if the BR will take that back out.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 03:58   Link #1104
kitten320

I just started the series and am a bit confused... All this digital stugg can be seen only through glasses, right?
If so, why not just take them off when a trouble happens. It will not affect you then, will it?
Old 2011-08-31, 04:06   Link #1105
ArrowSmith

What's the point - it's not been licensed. Probably won't be in this economy.
ArrowSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 04:53   Link #1106
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I just started the series and am a bit confused... All this digital stugg can be seen only through glasses, right?
If so, why not just take them off when a trouble happens. It will not affect you then, will it?
Not sure on which episode you are but pretty early on there's a point where to avoid trouble they turn off the glasses.
Early on this is all seen as a bit of a game where no real harm can be done to you anyway so there's no real incentive to turn them off ,of course when real danger starts popping up later in the plot there will be something that prevents the kids from turning off their glasses.
Old 2011-08-31, 11:01   Link #1107
kitten320

Yeh I got to that part now, suprised they don't do it more frequently but instead go through trouble of using all their stuff for nothing.
Old 2011-10-22, 07:50   Link #1108
zeando
maybenotimome

^you can see it as a game where moving with the glasses you have to reach a goal, if you remove the glasses before completing you'll have to restart from zero, meaning you've lost (withdrawed)
basically removing the glasses it's the same as disconnecting from a mmorpg when you're about to die/lose, but if you played mmorpgs you may know disconnecting that way doesn't assure you being safe at all, since often after you disconnected your alter remains active for some more little time, and in that time often it's enouth to lose anyway
so rage quitting, flee disconnecting doesn't really works that well

i've finished watching this finally :3
it was very interesting in the first part about all the cyber theme, while in the second part was more emotional and horrifing (some parts feeled rushed, and/or cliched)

if only all the serie had followed strickty the cyber theme, i would have loved this a lot more
there was so much simbolism/references about the tools used and the other side appearance(kid's fear of dark and road crossing), which wasn't explained or developed more :|
well, the show was targeted for kids i presume so i shouldn't have expected it to go more deeply from the start >.<
at least the emotional part was enouth interesting anyway
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-24, 21:08   Link #1109
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Google working on virtual reality glasses

Driving home today I heard this report on NPR about a secretive Google project that is trying to develop VR glasses for ordinary use.

Quote:
They will reportedly overlay graphics, ads and images into your field of view. They should feature some level of voice control, while navigation around the tiny screens could also come from a tilt of your head. And while Google's electronically endowed glasses may not be fashionable at first, they could eventually change the way we all see the world.
What a remarkable vision Iso had some two decades ago when he first wrote the story that became Dennou Coil. One thing he neglected to include were the ads though! I'd hate to see virtual pet care ads pop up every time I looked at Densuke. It would be a good way for Mega-baa to advertise her shop, though.
Old 2012-02-24, 22:39   Link #1110
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

While it was undeniably brilliant insight, this was an absolutely logical development. In some ways, I'm surprised something like this isn't far enough along to be commercially viable by now.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-20, 22:17   Link #1111
ellifeedn
Thinker

I am re-watching this series after several years and I've forgotten how creative, if silly at times, the use of VR was. It's a shame the series hasn't gotten more love over the years.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-21, 14:58   Link #1112
RebootEDC
Kiero mi Hanime Gratix™

Send a message via MSN to RebootEDC Send a message via Yahoo to RebootEDC
Indeed.

This series is the most undervalued of all the times.

Proudly enjoying Hanime Gratix™ since 2003
RebootEDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-23, 12:34   Link #1113
Puddingman

I just finished this earlier in the week for the first time, re-watching it already and I love catching the little story hints I didn't notice the first time around.

Spoilers >_>

Did anyone else catch the subliminal image of (probably) Michiko in Isako's hair during episode 8? Blows me away XD
Old 2013-08-23, 13:39   Link #1114
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddingman View Post
Did anyone else catch the subliminal image of (probably) Michiko in Isako's hair during episode 8? Blows me away XD
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...05#post2212305

Michiko is a good guess, too.
Old 2013-08-23, 16:13   Link #1115
Puddingman

Cool!!! I dig those theories for sure. I guess, really it could be any of those girls. It's kinda weird cause the image strikes me as a symbolism to what Isako's thinking of..But it's clearly visible to Aunty (I forget her name) cause she squints and zooms in on it.

But I don't understand how in real life an image of a girl's face could somehow appear in the weavings of someone's hair..so that makes me think it's just a fun thing the animators threw in...but then Aunty sees it..so it's my circular thought process >_<
Old 2016-02-23, 16:43   Link #1116
Dop
Mmmm....

What? But it's not the first of April for weeks yet, so it must be true!

ANN: Section23 Films announced in its June 2016 release slate that Maiden Japan will release the 2007 anime Den-noh Coil (Dennō Coil) on Blu-ray and DVD in North America on June 28. The release will include an English dub.

Am kind of hoping the Blu-ray will be region free, but I'd settle for the DVD as it'd be cheaper to import from the US than importing it from Australia.

No apologies for raising this thread from the dead, as it's a classic and long overdue a wider release.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-28, 21:55   Link #1117
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Am kind of hoping the Blu-ray will be region free, but I'd settle for the DVD as it'd be cheaper to import from the US than importing it from Australia.

No apologies for raising this thread from the dead, as it's a classic and long overdue a wider release.
Pretty certain the BD won't be region free.

Siren has the AU edition as a complete DVD collection for less than collection 1 of the US DVD, surely that has to be cheaper on a whole even with higher shipping? Just saying.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-29, 20:04   Link #1118
Dop
Mmmm....

It's about ten quid postage, which on a £25 dvd is a big markup.
I'd not seen a price for the US release yet.

As a UK anime viewer, region codes are a pain. I've got some US Blu-Rays that are region free, but I know a lot aren't.
Dop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 10:23   Link #1119
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Rightstuf is taking pre-orders for the first half at $45 on Blu-ray; the DVD is $39. My guess is that it will fall a bit in price once it is released. Amazon has it at full list price ($70), but I'm sure that won't be true after release either. Amazon lists it as Blu-ray Region A (Western Hemisphere + East Asia) and DVD Region 1 (North America).
Old 2016-06-07, 13:35   Link #1120
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

My Blu-ray arrived yesterday, and I watched the first two episodes. The quality of this release is quite impressive. The line art in particular is sharp with strong blacks, making the characters stand out from more diffusely drawn backgrounds. I have no hesitation suggesting this release to anyone in Region A. Four dollars per episode is pretty competitive for a Blu-ray release, especially one with an English dub (which I have not yet listened to).

Tags
science fiction