AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-06, 17:42   Link #101
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Yes, exactly why he never said anything <3. (I've always wondered if Natsuhi knew he was there haha...obviously she at least didn't know why or there would be real issues XD)
Wasn't there something in the character information on the 07thexpansion site about Natsuhi suspecting that there might be something more thatn "Servant and Mistress" or something like that? can't remember clearly (I think on Kanon's profile)

Quote:
Yeah, Kanon really has far too much angst for it to be natural.
For an orphan the angst level is quite normal though (especially in anime where normally there is the rule orphan=traumatic past/big secret)
Old 2009-11-06, 17:43   Link #102
Chishio no Hana

I just had a thought... What if his real name was Kagu? Then he would have a legitimate reason for calling himself furniture!
Old 2009-11-06, 17:47   Link #103
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I just had a thought... What if his real name was Kagu? Then he would have a legitimate reason for calling himself furniture!
I would throw rocks at Ryukishi for sucht a stupid name.. I mean if my name were Kagu I would be emo too. (Is that even a name???)
And also ther is the theory that his name has to start with 嘉 (most ironic sign in a name ever..I mean what the f***..)
Old 2009-11-06, 17:56   Link #104
Chishio no Hana

I would through rocks at Ryukishi-sama too. And I know that everyone thinks that Kanon's name has the same first kanji that is in 'Kanon'. The fact that his name could be Kasai made me laugh. That would mean he's Shion's bodyguard.

I also read somewhere that on Kanon's meta profile, he can't control his powers. I thought he only had that weird sword/locus thing, but he has powers too? If there's such a thing as magic, that is.
Old 2009-11-06, 17:57   Link #105
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
Wasn't there something in the character information on the 07thexpansion site about Natsuhi suspecting that there might be something more thatn "Servant and Mistress" or something like that? can't remember clearly (I think on Kanon's profile)
What what what? This I must read...

Oh my goodness there is XD. It also says that that's the reason she's not very nice to him:
Spoiler for Japanese:

Spoiler for very rough translation:

It'd make sense that she'd have some idea of what was going on though . I mean even Gohda notices it XD.

And speaking of a favorite "real name", I recall Katsuya being a nice possibility.

Avatar adapted from Yoshitaka Amano art

"There is no such thing as a sexy George." - Rhiannon, Easy A
Old 2009-11-06, 17:58   Link #106
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
I would through rocks at Ryukishi-sama too. And I know that everyone thinks that Kanon's name has the same first kanji that is in 'Kanon'. The fact that his name could be Kasai made me laugh. That would mean he's Shion's bodyguard.
XD I remember posting the most likely possibilities here sometime ago xDD Kasai was my favorite

Quote:
I also read somewhere that on Kanon's meta profile, he can't control his powers. I thought he only had that weird sword/locus thing, but he has powers too? If there's such a thing as magic, that is.
His reflexes, strenght and speed is meant with that. (at least I always understood it that way)

Quote:
and occasionally bullies and calls out to him.
And this is why I love Natsuhi xDD

Quote:
And speaking of a favorite "real name", I recall Katsuya being a nice possibility.
Well Katsuya is nice but it sounds so femine with the ya. I actually am for "Yoshi" or something like that...fits a shota
Old 2009-11-06, 18:02   Link #107
Chishio no Hana

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rogue View Post
What what what? This I must read...

Oh my goodness there is XD. It also says that that's the reason she's not very nice to him:
Spoiler for Japanese:

Spoiler for very rough translation:

It'd make sense that she'd have some idea of what was going on though . I mean even Gohda notices it XD.

I thought Natsuhi only bullied Shannon...

Gohda notices it? O.o when was this mentioned?
Old 2009-11-06, 18:03   Link #108
ameskitty
Kupo

In EP 2 when he runs off with Kanon to help Jessica part of the reason he leaves them alone is because he has a vague idea that they're close XD.

Old 2009-11-06, 18:05   Link #109
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Duuh even Rosa knew it and she is on the island about 3 times a year.
Old 2009-11-06, 18:07   Link #110
Nifty
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Quote:
Well Katsuya is nice but it sounds so femine with the ya. I actually am for "Yoshi" or something like that...fits a shota
Kanon. Feminine.
Fits to a tee.
In any case, I couldn't possibly imagine Kanon's real name not beginning with 'Ka'.
It would just be weiiird.
Old 2009-11-06, 18:08   Link #111
Chishio no Hana

And Battler knew it too... and he'd never met Kanon before...gosh Kanon, everyone else knew, and yet you only figured it out after George proposed to Shannon...

it just wouldn't be Kanon if it didn't start with a K
Old 2009-11-06, 18:10   Link #112
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Kanon. Feminine.
Fits to a tee.
Well we don't have to make him more feminine then he already is, do we? Guys names ending wit an "a" are just akward for me. (Batora~ doesn't count)

Quote:
In any case, I couldn't possibly imagine Kanon's real name not beginning with 'Ka'.
It would just be weiiird.
Yeah, I know what you mean but I think it is a more natural sound than some of the names. Kayo was also a nice one, I think
Old 2009-11-06, 18:11   Link #113
ameskitty
Kupo

I only pointed out Gohda because he's probably the biggest idiot out of all those people XD.

And yeah, part of the reason I liked is is that he's a rather effeminate bishounen :3.

Old 2009-11-06, 18:11   Link #114
Chishio no Hana

If it was Kayo, then I would swear that Kanon and Shannon were lying about not being related...

Kanon is extreme bishounen. At least most bishounen get a male seiyuu... does Kanon really need to become more feminine?
Old 2009-11-06, 18:13   Link #115
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
And Battler knew it too... and he'd never met Kanon before...gosh Kanon, everyone else knew, and yet you only figured it out after George proposed to Shannon...
Actually Kanon figured it out a lot ealier...a hella lot ealier
QUOTE from the VN
Quote:
......I, liked Milady...!! And after seeing Milady on that day, I started liking her even more...! And when I heard that Milady also liked me, I was really happy...!! But I'm furniture, ...... and I can't accept Milady's feelings!!
And Battler didn't notice in Episode 1 till three on his own he gets either told and then goes "Well duh yeah they had that air" or gets it on a silver tablet
"Wait...hey....the only guy around is Kanon, so it's him!! Ihihihihihi"

Quote:
Kanon is extreme bishounen. At least most bishounen get a male seiyuu... does Kanon really need to become more feminine?
I know I will be beheaded...but...can anyone explain to me how Kanon is hot or something I mean..he is...well Quote from my friend "huggable and knuffig (german word sorry...something like cute like teddy bear cute) He looks way to mcuh like a child for me to say hot (never uses that word anyway) but this may be because I have the VN graphics in the back of my mind
Old 2009-11-06, 18:16   Link #116
Chishio no Hana

what I mean is that he didn't admit it until after George proposed to Shannon and he had that discussion with Shannon...

well, in the third VN he figured it out pretty quickly...
Old 2009-11-06, 18:41   Link #117
Nifty
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Quote:
I know I will be beheaded...but...can anyone explain to me how Kanon is hot or something I mean..he is...well Quote from my friend "huggable and knuffig (german word sorry...something like cute like teddy bear cute) He looks way to mcuh like a child for me to say hot (never uses that word anyway) but this may be because I have the VN graphics in the back of my mind
It's a fangirl thing, I guess. Although the VN graphics do contribute a bit, because animu!Kanon DOES fall under the bishie category. Very much so, actually. And we all know how much chicks love bishies.
Sometimes it's actually kind of scary (joking is one thing but some girls are really extreme about wanting to get in the pants of a fictional character... ) but mostly just pretentious (See: FF.net).
Old 2009-11-06, 18:54   Link #118
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
It's a fangirl thing, I guess. Although the VN graphics do contribute a bit, because animu!Kanon DOES fall under the bishie category. Very much so, actually. And we all know how much chicks love bishies.
Yeah..I undesrtand anime Kanon but...I guess whenever I think of Kanon there is VN Kanon. Not really what I call hot.

Quote:
Sometimes it's actually kind of scary (joking is one thing but some girls are really extreme about wanting to get in the pants of a fictional character... ) but mostly just pretentious (See: FF.net).
Without fangirls where would I get my daily laughing fit from?? xDD Okay some are really scary.
I love suddenly popping up daughters of the Ushiromiya family who fall in love with Kanon who comepletely forgets the existence of Jessica, I mean who was that anyway

Is there actually a FAnfiction Discussion thread in this forum?
Old 2009-11-06, 19:00   Link #119
Nifty
ɹǝqɯǝɯ

Quote:
Yeah..I undesrtand anime Kanon but...I guess whenever I think of Kanon there is VN Kanon. Not really what I call hot.
Well, that's just us. Most fangirls, as far as I know, do in fact think anime!Kanon. One of my fangirl friends says it's because the VN art is so godawful in her opinion that it's just more convenient for her.

Quote:
Without fangirls where would I get my daily laughing fit from?? xDD Okay some are really scary.
I love suddenly popping up daughters of the Ushiromiya family who fall in love with Kanon who comepletely forgets the existence of Jessica, I mean who was that anyway
I swear sometime soon I just HAVE to write a parody of that. Ironically, it's these same self-insert types that claim to be Kanon/Jessi fangirls. Way to go, shippers.

Also, no thread for that stuff at all. And quite frankly, the Umineko community is so littered with badfics that it's probably better off this way.
Old 2009-11-06, 19:02   Link #120
ameskitty
Kupo

Quote:
He does look very huggable :3. The hotness refers to when he's clinching to Lucifer by the neck and being all BAMF-y . True, that's more acting hot than being hot, but yeah. Or maybe we're all shotacons like Jessi-chan.

Quote:
Oh geez, those make me sick >: P. Stupid OCs in general really bother me.

It's one thing to love the awesomeness/cuteness/whatever of a character, another thing entirely to actually want him and write yourself stories where you can be together with said character. And if it involves sinking a cute ship that defines half the character it's even worse.

I like both VN Kanon and anime Kanon for different reasons :3.

Closed Thread