AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episodes 11 & 12 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 8 14.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 12 21.43%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 13 23.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 17.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 7.14%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 7.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.79%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 5.36%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-07-01, 18:20   Link #21
Dahak86
Classics never age

Spoiler for final impressions:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
I watched this just for the hot girls
you speak truth, my friend. same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
But I couldn't help cracking up when Vlad kept stomping on Riko and Kenji and Aria just stood there for 2-3minutes straight.
again, same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Is their any indication on what the bonus episode will cover? Or is it just going to be a plot-less extra episode?
let's just hope for a 'plot-less' fanservice episode. Frankly, I don't see many other possibilities...
Old 2011-07-01, 18:31   Link #22
bokchoy

Does anyone know if whatever was said after the credits hint for a second season or something?

-Tsumugi Kotobuki (K-On! Episode 7)

Old 2011-07-01, 18:53   Link #23
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokchoy View Post
Does anyone know if whatever was said after the credits hint for a second season or something?
second season of HnA depends on DVD sales (already posted somewhere else probably)
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-bd/dvds-sales

Guess we can be hopeful
Old 2011-07-01, 22:51   Link #24
Wigwams

Quote:
i think that was advertising their next show? i heard "idolmaster" or something.
Old 2011-07-01, 23:36   Link #25
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

errr... I even not sure that this is the last episode from season 1.... there should be another episode next week... no preview about the second season, right? (well, it's JC Staff style for not giving any clue about season)

Spoiler for 11:

Spoiler for 12:

overall, just give this 9/10..... I don't read the novel seriously so I think the adaptation is "good"

mentioning Kana's name since ep 11 maybe just another strategy to give some curiosity to the watcher
Old 2011-07-01, 23:39   Link #26
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

J.C. Staff screwed it at the end.

That final was just like 'wait, wtf...'

I really spected to see a cliffhanger about the Kinji's brother or at least some decent ending. But they choosed Aria punching Kinji overall it.

Ep. 10: 8/10
Ep. 11: 6/10
Old 2011-07-02, 00:11   Link #27
larethian

JC Staff didn't screw up. It will be bad if they put a cliffhanger when there isn't another season. It's best to end the arc proper. This still leaves 2nd season possible. They would screw up if they have their own original ending and made it such that it's impossible to connect the story with season 2. The fight was changed but it was a good fight. I'd give 7 for 11 and 9 for 12, so 8/10.
Old 2011-07-02, 00:24   Link #28
DestinyFate
Shana <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyFlames View Post
J.C. Staff screwed it at the end.

That final was just like 'wait, wtf...'

I really spected to see a cliffhanger about the Kinji's brother or at least some decent ending. But they choosed Aria punching Kinji overall it.

Ep. 10: 8/10
Ep. 11: 6/10
There is still the DVD extra episode.
Old 2011-07-02, 00:47   Link #29
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Just be introducing that girl Kana they are giving space to the second season, so putting a cliffhanger would be pretty much the same.

Extra episod... Which will be purelly fan service. But I got the hope they will bring a scene to introduce the new season like SnS S
Old 2011-07-02, 04:47   Link #30
HuNGaricum

Spoiler for opinion:

ep 11: I imagined something more scary as Vlad's mansion... am i the only one who did so? and Riko was epic as always
ep12: a good fight, and an epic Aria ending
question: Reki managed to paralyze the wolf for 1-2 mins. it was a sniper bullet, which applied more pressure than a mere 9mm(i think) the wolves should have gotten up in the middle of the fight[/troll]
leaving the Kana cliffhanger, and not giving a unique ending leaves the opportunity for the 2. season. btw Chugaku sensei mentioned if we want a 2nd season we should buy more blu-rays 'n' dvds which have been(IMO) sold in a great amount yet.(talking about bullet 1)
the bonus episode will be yes... purely fanservice, which i don't mind... people need nekkid/half nekkid girls n stuff
Old 2011-07-02, 05:50   Link #31
Gohan78
Awakened One

Riko's torture scene was the only good part of the last episode.
Honestly, why should Aria & Kinji help that b*tch that betrayed them multiple times?

I was disappointed in Vlad. He was supposed to be EU's number 2? His only power was invulnerability...

Overall not a great series, but watchable. 6/10
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Old 2011-07-02, 07:35   Link #32
HuNGaricum

Quote:
His only power was invulnerability...
nope... he has wallachia's magic flute, that roar, which disables hysteria mode... and he also has hysteria mode"He has a sadist fetish, so abusing someone is necessary to activate his Hysteria Mode. "(HnA wiki). while he is in hysteria he transforms into Vlad form... otherwise it would be difficult for him to recieve the adrenaline rush, which is needed to activate the metamorphosis... HSS is just perfect for it...(source: Novels)
Old 2011-07-02, 08:13   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuNGaricum View Post
question: Reki managed to paralyze the wolf for 1-2 mins. it was a sniper bullet, which applied more pressure than a mere 9mm(i think) the wolves should have gotten up in the middle of the fight[/troll]
Obviously Wolves aren't as loyal as dogs.

Wolf 2: "Oi, I can move already, should we help him?"

Wolf 3: "Idiot! If we continue to play dead, then they won't hit us!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Riko's torture scene was the only good part of the last episode.
Riko's VA really did a great job That was a 'good' scream.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post

Ep 12 was "wtf?" like Cub-sama I could only faceplam at Kinji and Aria standing there like a brick wall when Riko is being tortured.
Jesus I know being at a stand off is to create some tension but this was just bad, bad on a epic level.

I'll borrow a quote from serenade_beta

"Aria: "You said it too late!" <-- No, you acted too late"

This is why I don't like the Butei laws; most of them are more of a hinder and they would really get people killed.

In this case, the law clearly states that "A Butei must learn to become independent. You can not help him if he does not request it."
Old 2011-07-02, 08:57   Link #34
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

well after watching series it ok series give i say there could be s2 might happen.

really there some thing still need to especially whole mom in jail sentence with many hundred years still like why?!

yet give i mention before i knew it give never read manga or novel that male teacher is bad guy yea i so call in ep.10 gave it away.

yet finish him off with tongue shot now that something you don't see in anime.

overall series is ok now need s2 nuff said.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
Old 2011-07-02, 09:09   Link #35
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
This is why I don't like the Butei laws; most of them are more of a hinder and they would really get people killed.

In this case, the law clearly states that "A Butei must learn to become independent. You can not help him if he does not request it."
WTF seriously?

So I take it then theres no rule like, "you must help ones in need" or "save a fellow butei from danger"?

Oh wait episode 1 and in 12 here had Aria and Kinji say a butei law, "believe in your comrades and help each other"
And since we know how much Aria prides herself as a butei and the fact that they went to save Riko anyway, leads me to believe they either think of Riko as friend or fellow butei depsite her being a bitch to them.
It just baffles me that they wait and watch.

But then again this is anime and stand offs always tend to be abit meh.
I mean the one with Jeanne was bad as well but I'm more forgiving there as Jeanne is adroable
Old 2011-07-02, 10:32   Link #36
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I actually pictured Vlad as a potato....
Old 2011-07-02, 11:28   Link #37
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I'm disappointed too. I thought he'd look more like his portrait.
Old 2011-07-02, 12:23   Link #38
n120cky

Now that make me wonder Kana is male or female . . . . .
I don't know why but I think my favorite character is Riko .
8/10 for ep 11
8/10 for ep 12

So for now we know only Aria, Shirayuki, and Riko can get Kinji to HSS, or maybe Reki?
Old 2011-07-02, 15:19   Link #39
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Having read the light novel up to that point, I can help but be disappointed. Disappointed by the director leaving out details that would have helped people with the context. Instead what have come on screen in episode 12 have leave people scratching their head. That's imo a botched job, and makes me wonder about the level of respect that the director have for the LNs.

Episode 11 - 8/10

Episode 12 - 7/10, it would have been 6 if not for Riko making it enjoyable.

Light Novel - 7.5/10, it's imo the love child of 1980s-1990s action shows and your typical school romcom. But I love it, the whole thing about ancestors, etc, tickles the history nerd in me. And a lot more things too.

Adaptation - 6/10, episode 4 showed the potential. Episode 8 and 12 just made it fall flat on the face. It's just like the director(s) didn't care. Takashi Watanabe!!!! Boo Yoshitaka Koyama!! Booo Takashi Ikehata!!! Boo JC Staff!!!!
Old 2011-07-02, 15:33   Link #40
Unknown Soldier
:D

Quote:
After the credits, the VA for Haruka Amami just says she's excited to be performing as an idol and blah blah READY? GO! It was promotion for The Idolmaster.
Closed Thread