AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-08-22, 09:25   Link #421
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Wow My guild got rolled so hard in Tournament. We won a few games but we ran into some unregistered guild that just wiped the floor with us.

In WvW, I can almost always win a 1v3 fight against zergs. In sPvP, 1v2. I haven't ever lost a 1v1. And that tournament just turned my entire perception of skill around. I couldn't kill any of them in a 1v1. We even lost a 3v2 against that team. One warrior had perfect timings on his immunity buffs it seemed almost inhuman. None of my heavy/nuke skills landed on him.

Can't for release, getting very impatient for REVENGE. I need to re-master my classes. So much things got changed around balance-wise each time. Some of my favorite skills don't even do what they do anymore.

The plan is to sleep at 19:00est and wake up at 0:00est and start 3 hours of spamming log-in's until I can get in and reserve all my names.

Also do you get DoT'd for standing around in WvW? I was looking at my traits in the homeland Citadel and I started taking constant damage for no reason X_X
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 06:39   Link #422
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Wow My guild got rolled so hard in Tournament. We won a few games but we ran into some unregistered guild that just wiped the floor with us.

In WvW, I can almost always win a 1v3 fight against zergs. In sPvP, 1v2. I haven't ever lost a 1v1. And that tournament just turned my entire perception of skill around. I couldn't kill any of them in a 1v1. We even lost a 3v2 against that team. One warrior had perfect timings on his immunity buffs it seemed almost inhuman. None of my heavy/nuke skills landed on him.

Can't for release, getting very impatient for REVENGE. I need to re-master my classes. So much things got changed around balance-wise each time. Some of my favorite skills don't even do what they do anymore.

The plan is to sleep at 19:00est and wake up at 0:00est and start 3 hours of spamming log-in's until I can get in and reserve all my names.

Also do you get DoT'd for standing around in WvW? I was looking at my traits in the homeland Citadel and I started taking constant damage for no reason X_X
Wow, that really does sound interesting.... Which class did you play back then?

I'm really hyping a lots about GW 2,despite didn't participate in any of the beta, or in any conversation/forum about it. Feel so restless that i could not play or watch anything else the last few days....

40 more hours. I'm gonna be kicked really hard in the ass in PvP for not participating in the beta (and only can play casual later through). But my aim is not (yet) challenge at the top, but to gain the most amount of skills with the least amount of spent time
Old 2012-08-23, 06:59   Link #423
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

I was playing necromancer recently. Because of how tanky it was, it was very possible to fight while outnumbered. But in that tournament game, my guild was matched with probably a very serious pvp guild. I had 1 on 1 moments with their warrior, guardian, mesmer, necro and engineer but all were one sided losses

Our team was split in group of 3 and 2. I was in the group of two. My partner had very high DPS and I was the best in our group at fighting outnumbered (albeit taking a very long time). We had to split into two groups as moving as a clump of 5 was too inefficient in controlling the map. I think sooner or later ,we'll have to start moving towards Dota-esque style where everyone goes solo and then start ganking the isolated enemies..

Don't forget it starts officially at Midnight Pacific but the server -may- open up as early as 3 hours prior. So if you got a character name you want to yourself that may be stolen, be on 3 hours before.

In sPvP and tournament, the size of the map is uncomfortably small and you are almost always in battle.

I mained a Elementalist for beta weekend 1 and 2. I liked the mechanics for that class a lot more. Necromancer is really immobile. We heavily lack in mobility skills and buffs, and what's annoying is a lot of our skills (Wells, for example) cannot be cast while moving.
Old 2012-08-23, 07:24   Link #424
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well if you wanted to keep any names from the 1st game, then if you logged in the game recently they would have been kept for you, however they also said it wasn't a guarantee.
It was very weirdly put I think.
Old 2012-08-23, 09:39   Link #425
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

I didn't use any of the names I actually want. I used SauceThrower and HornyDiarrhea for the beta.

Old 2012-08-23, 13:25   Link #426
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Just finished editing my guild's intro video for GW2. Not really related but thought I just post it to share with you guys at Animesuki.

Spoiler for space saver:
Old 2012-08-23, 15:08   Link #427
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

For The Dance!

Pity that it seems it's just different race dances without different male and female dances.
If it's limited to only 5 different dances on the whole, thats abit of a bummer, I liked having the different dances, more variety = more fun!
Old 2012-08-23, 16:02   Link #428
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Sounds like one of those vanity things they might toss in the store.

I do like how it's not all just pop-culture references though. Particularly the Charr and Sylvari are more obscure.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 19:29   Link #429
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Sounds like one of those vanity things they might toss in the store.

I do like how it's not all just pop-culture references though. Particularly the Charr and Sylvari are more obscure.
... Charr dance is obscure? Not if you're into the Rugby World Cup and have seen the All-Blacks, New Zealand's team.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 21:46   Link #430
FateAnomaly

Thats pretty obscure if you ask me.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 21:53   Link #431
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Thats pretty obscure if you ask me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdMCAV6Yd0Y

Over 10 million views on YouTube is obscure?
Old 2012-08-23, 22:16   Link #432
FateAnomaly

Its your description of a specific dance from a specific event from a specific country from a specific team.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 01:30   Link #433
Tokkan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Its your description of a specific dance from a specific event from a specific country from a specific team.
Oh... but I said that it was not obscure if you were into Rugby. I didn't say it was not obscure at all.
Old 2012-08-24, 04:04   Link #434
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
... Charr dance is obscure? Not if you're into the Rugby World Cup and have seen the All-Blacks, New Zealand's team.
That's like saying the Sylvari dance isn't obscure if you happen to be into Punjabi culture and seen the Bhangra Empire perform.
Old 2012-08-24, 04:28   Link #435
Tokkan

Quote:
That's like saying the Sylvari dance isn't obscure if you happen to be into Punjabi culture and seen the Bhangra Empire perform.
Hey man, I'm just disputing the your claim that they weren't all pop culture references. They are all pop culture references. Pop culture exists in segments. Just because something is obscure from your segment of pop culture doesn't mean it's not pop culture.
Old 2012-08-24, 05:44   Link #436
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Right, let me redefine then, they're not the kind of things anyone even remotely connected to the internet wouldn't know about.

I for one never watch MTV or any music channel. Soundtrack is where my musical heart lies. But even I know the party rock anthem or It's Not Unusual by heart, because they're just that famous.

By comparison, I only know about the Maori haka because I'm a culture geek who spends way too much time watching the Discovery, National Geographic or History channels, while I never even heard of Bhangra until now.
Old 2012-08-24, 05:53   Link #437
Tokkan

Quote:

I for one never watch MTV or any music channel. Soundtrack is where my musical heart lies. But even I know the party rock anthem or It's Not Unusual by heart, because they're just that famous.
You got the reference wrong, it's not referencing Tom Jones's "It's Not Unusual", it's referencing the dance Carlton from Fresh Prince of Bel-Air did to it.

Also, I never heard of LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem or it's accompanying "Melbourne Shuffle" dance until I found it in one of Jesse Cox's (OMFGCata) videos.
Old 2012-08-24, 05:57   Link #438
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

I stand corrected. I just remember the name of the song itself better.

But speaking of references... for some reason I just keep thinking of the Asura dance as mister roboto instead of popping. Just makes more sense in my mind I guess.
Old 2012-08-24, 06:47   Link #439
lightbringer
M9000

The fact that they include pop dances from our world in a fantasy game setting is pretty unsettling for me. I can already imagine the scores of losers standing around with their semi-naked characters dancing all day long. *shudder*

Even so, I just pre-ordered. I need my fix after seeing the beta videos. Can't wait until tomorrow.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 06:51   Link #440
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

People will dance with their semi-naked characters regardless of what dance they'd be looking at. Using real-world dances has always been kind of a tradition in MMO's.