Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-14, 08:22   Link #21
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
The result wasn't a stalemate; Akainu decisively defeated Aokiji, and this is evidenced by the fact that he even spared him by the end of the battle. That is a definite indication of superiority over another. It doesn't get any more clear than that.
I dunno.... what I gathered from reading the chapter is that they fought at even strengths. Both of thm leaving with grave wounds... so if I had to say... it probably came down to Akainu's Devil Fruit having the upper hand over Aokiji's....

On another note.... I may have just missed him, but.... has Decken escaped?
Old 2011-12-14, 08:25   Link #22
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Seems like we're getting a christmas special @_@
Old 2011-12-14, 08:55   Link #23
ellifeedn
Thinker

Unless the translation I read is screwed up, it seems that Blackbeard and his group are becoming ever more powerful by combining devil fruit powers.
Old 2011-12-14, 09:06   Link #24
andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post
Unless the translation I read is screwed up, it seems that Blackbeard and his group are becoming ever more powerful by combining devil fruit powers.
There not combining DF , they are killing people and taking away there DF.
Old 2011-12-14, 09:09   Link #25
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
With Akainu now FA, that leaves an opening in the Admirals.... 2 if they decided to replace Aokiji... I vote for Smoker and Magellan~

... unless they want to introduce new characters.
I vote for buggy
Old 2011-12-14, 09:10   Link #26
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Yeah, either it's Blackbeard who's able to get yet another DF power for himself (to have a trio of Zoan/Logia/Paramecia), or his whole crew is now able to somehow steal Devil Fruits and use them, which would be insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellifeedn View Post

Also, looks like Aokiji may be an ally in the future for the Straw Hats or Revolutionaries, but I still want to see Lufy fight him on equal terms (after being so easily defeated by him before), along with Smoker.

Only someone with the same beliefs as Akainu could become an Admiral, seeing as he's the new FA, so Coby is definitely out of the question after what he did, but Smoker is a good candidate...
Old 2011-12-14, 09:14   Link #27
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Awesome chapter with lots of revelations and info about the new status quo!

Very, very unfortunate that Caribou overheard the conversation, if that information becomes public then Shirahoshi will not be safe. Maybe the straw hats can knock him around so hard that he forgets all about it.

The current marines will obviously be more ruthless than ever with Akainu in charge, and it will be interesting to find out what happened to Aokiji.

Now this power hunting business is pretty nasty; killing devil fruit users and stealing their power. If Blackbeard can transfer those to his crewmates too they will all be even harder to deal with. Great gag with Chopper though, why would they need the human fruit indeed.

And Sanji sure has it rough seeing Luffy take Shirahoshi's attention.

As for Hodi and co, before I was wondering how they would handle them, because before this chapter I figured they could easily break out of their prison once they recovered. The ES backlashing by rapid aging definitely solves that problem.

Next chapter there's probably more about Big Mom. It's getting really interesting!
Old 2011-12-14, 09:16   Link #28
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

I think Smoker's sense of justice is closer to Coby and Aokiji rather than Akainu
Old 2011-12-14, 09:18   Link #29
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

Quote:
Apparently Luffy tires of his talk with Jinbei, and soon discovers Caribou, who tried to capture Shirahoshi. The swamp-man escapes, tamatebako in hand.
so he didn't capture shira and just escaped with the tamatebako? luffy did nothing when he saw Caribou?

I want to see the fight between Aokiji and Akainu...
Akainu can't be that much stronger than Aokiji right?
Old 2011-12-14, 09:23   Link #30
ntherblast

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
so he didn't capture shira and just escaped with the tamatebako? luffy did nothing when he saw Caribou?

I want to see the fight between Aokiji and Akainu...
Akainu can't be that much stronger than Aokiji right?
Pretty sure he sent him flying
Old 2011-12-14, 09:26   Link #31
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
I dunno.... what I gathered from reading the chapter is that they fought at even strengths. Both of thm leaving with grave wounds... so if I had to say... it probably came down to Akainu's Devil Fruit having the upper hand over Aokiji's....
There's no doubt that the fight was very even. 10 straight days of fighting tells us that they're on the same level. However, someone emerged as the victor, and that person was Akainu. If Aokiji's loss was attributed to a bad DF match-up, he wouldn't have lasted 10 days. He would have been overwhelmed a lot earlier.

If this fight isn't enough evidence for some people, there's more stuff I can bring up that indicates Akainu>Aokiji, no matter how infinitesimal/marginal the difference is between them.
Old 2011-12-14, 09:42   Link #32
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Great amount of info in this chapter, but I wonder how much misinformation there was in the translation.

I wonder what's the reasoning behind naming the 3 ancient weapons, they may all be roman names, but they don't follow a pattern. If it was Jupiter/Zeus, it would be a clear pattern, but Oda chose Uranus, god of the sky, grandfather of Zeus.

Sanji most probably has Haki now if he was so sure that he could kick Caribou. Zoro probably could slice some elements by now as well.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2011-12-14, 09:44   Link #33
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Oda Y U no give all the 3 weapon roman god names?

Also

Where is Decken?
Old 2011-12-14, 09:50   Link #34
Homura7

Nami sending Luffy, Zoro and Sanji to retrieve back the treasure means we are finally going to see what the Tamatebako looks like. And I already know who will, accidentally or not, eat up its content.
Old 2011-12-14, 10:30   Link #35
Kafriel
Senior Guest

So this is how Luffy led to the destruction of the island...he ate Big Mam's sweets!!!
Quote:
Oda Y U no give all the 3 weapon roman god names?
Because diversity rules
Quote:
Where is Decken?
My bet's on infirmary...
Quote:
I wonder what's the reasoning behind naming the 3 ancient weapons, they may all be roman names, but they don't follow a pattern.
Uranus is Greek actually, I'd say the pattern is an obvious split between sky (Uranus), earth (Pluton) and ocean (Neptune).
Old 2011-12-14, 10:32   Link #36
james0246

With all the juicy info being revealed, it amazes me that Chopper was able to near effortlessly steal this chapter.
Old 2011-12-14, 10:41   Link #37
Hallwacker
ドン

WHAT IF....

Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-14, 11:07   Link #38
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Spoiler for Spoiler?:

I hope they don't do any stupid Uranus jokes, though ...
Old 2011-12-14, 11:22   Link #39
DawnEmperor

I think the whole Akainu "superiority" is more in the sense of stamina, like Kenshin vs Shishio. Yes, people can argue that Shishio was stronger, but the fact was that Kenshin survived that battle means it's his victory. Likewise, Akainu managed to come out on top so it's his victory. Arguing it in terms of "which character is stronger" won't really get anywhere.
Old 2011-12-14, 11:22   Link #40
OtakuReddo

I think that Buggy became a shichibukai not because of his power but because he is quite well known. he was a Crew in Roger's and it seems like the world saw that Buggy talked to Shanks like he was just his own crew(shanks).

I'd rather want Aokiji in the Strawhats but I think that's not gonna happen. because there are some requirements to become a strawhat first you need to have a job for example

Chopper being a Doctor
Franky being a Shipwright
Nami being the Navigator
Closed Thread