AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 44 Rating
Perfect 10 14 30.43%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 54.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 4.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 8.70%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 2.17%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-16, 10:15   Link #41
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Finally saw the episode. Damn if that preview for next week doesn't look badass... ^_^

Makes it so I just can't wait until a specific fight later in the series...
Old 2010-02-16, 23:37   Link #42
tieria.erde
T-chan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
About Greed X Ling Yao, Imagine how it reminds where during Gundam 00 times (Where Setsuna & Graham are both same VA)..

Oddties:-

- Why did bido running scared after he seen just mannequin figures?

- during before the car chase scene, how did Darius & Heinkel managed to get a car in a 1st place?
bido's death was sadly not necessary

and finally Graham Aker is in body & soul with Setsuna
Old 2010-02-17, 09:50   Link #43
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
- Why did bido running scared after he seen just mannequin figures?
It was dark, and they very much appear to be dead (if modified) humans hanging from the ceiling. Plus, he ran off after hearing what the officer told Olivier about how the souls are being harvested to power them, which was scary enough to elicit a reaction from Olivier, so it was more than enough to run off a cowardly chimera.
Old 2010-02-17, 11:08   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This was a strong episode, not least because Hoenheim is such a great character and it's great to see him at center stage at last. It's also a reminder of Al's important (and underrated) role in the story. A huge underlying theme of FMA is deception, divided loyalty and moral ambiguity - everyone's motivations are opaque and many driven primarily be self-interest. The path to success for most in this world is subterfuge and violence. Al is the ambassador for trust and loyalty - this episode shows that he retains his core values despite his abysmal personal circumstances. He's a smart kid, but ultimately probably too trusting - as his father pointed out. Still - that nature is probably what's kept him sane while "living" trapped in a suit of armor.
Old 2010-02-17, 19:32   Link #45
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by tieria.erde View Post
and finally Graham Aker is in body & soul with Setsuna
Imagine that anyone should make a seiyuu joke pic between Graham (Bushido) possess Setsuna.
Old 2010-02-18, 09:33   Link #46
Forever
Revealing the truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
So....speculation time
Spoiler for Hohenheim:
I don't think he can. Becuz it is part of their sin. If he could, he would have returned izumi's organs as well.
Old 2010-02-18, 11:03   Link #47
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
I don't think he can. Becuz it is part of their sin. If he could, he would have returned izumi's organs as well.
I think it's an all or nothing deal. Fully healing Izumi would be like paying for a 60 cent candy bar with a hundred dollar bill and getting no change back. So, I think Hohenheim can "pay" for Al's body, minus the opposite limbs Ed lost. I never liked how Ed & Al were going to get there bodies restored- it should only be Al's.
Old 2010-02-18, 14:11   Link #48
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I just finished watching the episode. It was really good, especially near the end with Greed's part.

9/10

BTW, who else here thinks that Ed looks better without tying his hair and with that gray coat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think it's an all or nothing deal. Fully healing Izumi would be like paying for a 60 cent candy bar with a hundred dollar bill and getting no change back. So, I think Hohenheim can "pay" for Al's body, minus the opposite limbs Ed lost. I never liked how Ed & Al were going to get there bodies restored- it should only be Al's.
Why? It is the sin of both brothers, and both of them have been searching relentless for a way to get it back for nearly three years. Al just getting his body back seems unfair, especially since it will be a combined effort from both.
Old 2010-02-18, 14:16   Link #49
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
BTW, who else here thinks that Ed looks better without tying his hair and with that gray coat?
I always thought he looked the best in that suit, but yeah the hair out and gray coat look is pretty damn awesome.

& yeah i don't understand DragoZERO's post. Why not Ed as well?
Old 2010-02-18, 19:34   Link #50
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I always thought he looked the best in that suit, but yeah the hair out and gray coat look is pretty damn awesome.

& yeah i don't understand DragoZERO's post. Why not Ed as well?

Automail's part of Ed's style, and doesn't prevent him from eating, sleeping and making love, like Al's body. Hence the ending of the first anime.
Old 2010-02-18, 20:20   Link #51
GDB

Quote:
I never liked how Ed & Al were going to get their bodies restored- it should only be Al's.
Agreed. Ed doesn't need his limbs back to lead a normal life. Al, however, does.
Old 2010-02-18, 20:30   Link #52
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Agreed. Ed doesn't need his limbs back to lead a normal life. Al, however, does.
Exactly. Ed is no different from all of those people in Rush Valley.
Old 2010-02-18, 21:52   Link #53
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
Automail's part of Ed's style, and doesn't prevent him from eating, sleeping and making love, like Al's body. Hence the ending of the first anime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Spoiler for Just in case: First anime major spolier:

This isn't really about Ed being able to live a normal life or not, this about both of the brothers having had went through Hell and back to undo the damage they have both done.

Not only do both of them share the same blood, but the same sin, the same pain, the same guilt, the same wish, and the same motivation and drive to get themselves to the state they were before. It goes both ways, as Al have refused to allow Ed to simply sacrifice himself against Scar to protect him, he'd refuse him just going through all this trouble just for one of them. They both went through training together, and they both worked together to revive their mother and both of them committed the act together and paid it at the same time. To think that Ed can suffer while Al can get his original body would imply that only Al deserve any kind of reward after all of the pain they've been through, which isn't true since both of them walked the same bitter guilt ridden path for the last three years with both of them wanting for the other what he wanted for himself.

Quote:
Exactly. Ed is no different from all of those people in Rush Valley.
The crippled people in Rush Valley have Automail that help them fix their disabilities, and Ed does need Automail to help him with his missing limps and all. But, unlike them, Ed lost his limps because he committed a sin and has the chance to get them back, but he has to work his arse to do so.
Old 2010-02-18, 22:11   Link #54
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
The crippled people in Rush Valley have Automail that help them fix their disabilities, and Ed does need Automail to help him with his missing limps and all. But, unlike them, Ed lost his limps because he committed a sin and has the chance to get them back, but he has to work his arse to do so.
Yeah, what's the difference. Other people there may be victims of misfortune or they may have lost their limbs doing something criminal too. Either way - there is nothing special about Ed that warrants how special he is portrayed. He should be like Mr. Fantastic, striving to restore Ben Grim's body.
Old 2010-02-18, 22:22   Link #55
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

The difference is that Ed does have the option of getting his limps back.

Ed has shown that they are committed to get their body back by searching relentlessly throughout the country for three years and doing things not many are willing to do (joining the military, continuously searching for the philosophers stone, fighting all sort dangers) and I don't think that Al should be the only one rewarded when they both went through so much to get their bodies back.

While Mr. Fantastic is the one responsible for Ben's body condition, in this case both brothers share the blame for what happened (they both got penalised for the sin)
Old 2010-02-18, 22:27   Link #56
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
The difference is that Ed does have the option of getting his limps back.

Ed has shown that they are committed to get their body back by searching relentlessly throughout the country for three years and doing things not many are willing to do (joining the military, continuously searching for the philosophers stone, fighting all sort dangers) and I don't think that Al should be the only one rewarded when they both went through so much to get their bodies back.

While Mr. Fantastic is the one responsible for Ben's body condition, in this case both brothers share the blame for what happened (they both got penalised for the sin)
Yeah, but just because Ed can, it doesn't mean he should. There is a tremendous difference between the two. And I don't want Al to get his body back in full - I think it would be a nice twist if he was missing the opposite limbs (left arm & right leg). They both will live with the sin, but at least be able to live.
Old 2010-02-18, 22:41   Link #57
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

... You know? I actually would love this twist. It sort of gets them what they wanted, but also not absolve them of their mistake.

Still, I'm of the opinion that if Al ends up getting the full deal then so should Ed, because they both worked hard to get there (not to mention that the Truth did hint that it was waiting for him to take them back in episode 26)
Old 2010-02-18, 23:19   Link #58
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

I'll agree to if one get's it, the other should. That is fair. But I really like my idea, so yeah.
Old 2010-02-19, 02:34   Link #59
OkamiNoKaze

This episode was very cool. Ed's car looked like something Hot Wheels would think up. Winry's scene was a pleasant surprise. The reunion of Al and his father was pretty good as well. Does anyone else think they should flip flop the opening and endings, I think that song would make an awesome opening song, along with the footage.
Old 2010-02-19, 04:34   Link #60
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I'll agree to if one get's it, the other should. That is fair. But I really like my idea, so yeah.
I just don't see how your idea is fair. That's all.