AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2003-11-28, 11:52   Link #101
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I'm going to let this die. One thing to say though is that people were critiquing the episode for the karaoke in earlier posts in this thread. It was my rant on them and them only. Sorry if I got a carried away and to holy angel, never meant to be a flame, as i have not had any reason to make a flame with ya. Anyways happy hunting.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 14:43   Link #102
144M_HYPERION
Miracle Yang !!

hmmm
do you guys think that Rosette and Chrno will end up like a couple in the end ???

Also did you guys notice that Rosette blushed while that Father "whatever" came into the Head Sister office ???
144M_HYPERION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 15:14   Link #103
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Ah yes, Remington - so charming he can make any lady blush. n.n And too pretty for his own good.

(Speculation spoilered out. Because I can. Nothing too bad though - and nothing new for manga readers.)

Spoiler:

Everyone in this series has a rather involved backstory that tends to flesh them out a lot, plus has a lot of connections to other members of the cast. Probably what makes the series the most interesting, at least in my opinion. ^^
Rune~Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 15:22   Link #104
Ayu-sama

Oh, well... I'm a little tired of everything that's been said here about anime-keep being the 'new anime-junkies'.

First of all I work for a-keep, so yeah, I'm biased, that's why I won't state anything about all the versions released. I actually downloaded them all. I liked A-kraze's version, almost as much as I liked a-keep's. It had a nice encode, a good editing and a nice translation (though I might be wrong here, since my Japanese is not as good as to let me translate on my own...). I didn't like the typesetting. And the karaoke wasn't that original... I'm sure I have seen the same effects in some of their other shows. And hey, I'm an a-kraze fan. Even if I work for a-keep. And I guess there are some guys at a-kraze that also download our versions of some stuff. There's no point on fighting over something so petty as the lyrics of an opening song.

Whatever. I can understand people wanting to download other versions... I actually encourage you to do it, and just download the thing you like better. We're not going to fight here to have the biggest number of downloads, are we? Come on, let's behave like adults. We are all anime fans, we are all doing this work for free, and we are all putting our effort into it. Hell, I can't believe you actually think we're not doing our best to make our version the best.

We messed up the opening song. Ok, it's obvious we did. This is why: The Q/C'er went over the final script. And those mistakes at the opening were made just before the final encoding. We had one of the best editors in our group to do the q/c, so we thought there wouldn't be any trouble after the encode. Our mistake. A problem with the used fonts resulted in what you saw on the release. About the translation, lyrics, ok, it wasn't that good. There were 'obvious mistakes' as you called it. We have corrected them and there will be new lyrics in our next release.

Anyway, saying a-keep is the new aj is going a bit too far. There's nothing wrong with the translation of the episode as far as I know, we have the coolest effects on the karaokes for both the opening and the ending, and I don't think you can say the other groups did better effects. And we gave a lot more time to the main title and said effects than the rest of the groups AFTER working on the most important part of an episode: the translation. So please, download whatever you want, but don't insult our work. Not only we do this for free, but we also lost a lot of hours of sleep to do this fast and with quality, and I don't like people bashing our work, because "we fucked the opening song".

Forgive me for this rant. I'm just tired of being insulted and keeping quiet.
Ayu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 15:32   Link #105
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Isn't it time that this entire mess with discussing Keep gets moved to the fansubber forum, instead of contuning in a thread where it has clearly gone rather off topic when that subject is brought up? Especially since it seems at times that the discussion is getting a bit less civil every time? We all have our opinions... which I'm sure have probably all been stated already. ^^ So do we need to keep rehashing it all?
Old 2003-11-28, 15:40   Link #106
Ayu-sama

I do apologize for ranting in my post, but there are people from all the other groups that gave their opinion. I just thought we had the same right. I'll keep quiet now and lurk again.
Ayu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 18:53   Link #107
user6177
Account Closed By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-sama
And we gave a lot more time to the main title and said effects than the rest of the groups
I really like it that the a-keep logos look like the logos from the shows, if that's what you mean.

Quote:
So please, download whatever you want, but don't insult our work.
I will download whatever I want... A-Keep it is.
user6177 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 19:26   Link #108
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Onto a different topic of conversation...

...what is up with the english name translations in the anime version of this series?

Since all of the names for all of the characters come from either an english or german name, when they actually put the roman-alphabet versions of them up in the opening, it tends to looks rather odd when you see how the japanese translate them.

Chrno - usual spelling I've seen for this series.
Satella Harvenheit
Fiore Florette Harvenheit - While Harvenheit could well be german, the translations I'm used to seeing are Stella (Satella? I'm not even sure where that came from) and Fiore Heavenheight - so its a bit odd to see them spelled that way.
Azmaria Hendrie - Odd substituion between an S and a Z - usually its Asmaria that I've seen for the spelling.
Aion - ...Aion? When its spelled phonetically, perhaps, but... Ion is an actual word. And Ion is not made of love~ >.>
Johua Christopher - Again, an actual name - Joshua.

What is up with some of these translations, really? ^^;
Old 2003-11-28, 21:07   Link #109
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
Johua Christopher - Again, an actual name - Joshua.
Considering the fact that the OP actually writes that as "Johua Christpher" there might be a typo or two in there... Either that or they're using some form of non English writing convention...
Old 2003-11-28, 21:08   Link #110
DryMaltExtract
Huge Member

Who started this stupid karaoke trend anyway? I don't need to have "super high quality" effects show me what part is being said in a sentence. Hell, why would I even bother reading the japanese sentence? As for lyrics in general, I can see why people would want them translated, but I wouldn't even care if the opening credits were left blank and only the show content was subbed. However I credit my opinion of this on the fact that I hate jpop. Anyway, yeah, seems like such a fuss over something so stupid, no wonder anime fans in general have a reputation of being freaks, wish everyone was more mellow. I'd even go as far as saying the majority of anime fans are obsessive compulsive, but that's just my opinion.

On a side note.....I only ever read forums when I'm trying to delay starting school work, so passionate "YOU SUCK TEH BALLS" replies will most likely go unread, by me anyway.
DryMaltExtract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 21:18   Link #111
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Considering the fact that the OP actually writes that as "Johua Christpher" there might be a typo or two in there... Either that or they're using some form of non English writing convention...
Names that are jewish in origin have tended to give anime companies fits in the past, I've noticed. Look at Isaac in Gundam SEED, who's name is romanized as Yzak. While that's close to how it sounds, we do know that Issac is spelled a certain way, being a proper name. Joshua is a similar case - it sounds a bit wierd because they stress the J as being a Y more than I would, so the pronounciation would be Yoshua...

...which still doesn't explain why they missed the s in there to make it Johua. ^^; You know there's a lot of money involved in these series, so why not ensure the names are right? ^^
Old 2003-11-28, 21:24   Link #112
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
...which still doesn't explain why they missed the s in there to make it Johua. ^^; You know there's a lot of money involved in these series, so why not ensure the names are right? ^^
Well, my point was that, if they missed the "o" in "Christopher" there's no reason to think that they didn't just forget to typed in the "s" in "Joshua" as well.

Anyway, I think some of the names are spelled differently in the preview... Can someone confirm that?
Old 2003-11-28, 21:46   Link #113
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Well, my point was that, if they missed the "o" in "Christopher" there's no reason to think that they didn't just forget to typed in the "s" in "Joshua" as well.

Anyway, I think some of the names are spelled differently in the preview... Can someone confirm that?
I'm afraid I can't, alas. One thing I am looking forward to though is seeing what they do with the next episode opening. I know there's something of at trend with having openings be different, and since the opening for the first episode had all footage from the first episode in that... might that be a bit of a preview of the episode to come, and they change it with each passing episode?

Or perhaps not, and they were just trying to fill in space. ^^
Old 2003-11-28, 21:49   Link #114
Firebrand

Quote:
What is up with some of these translations, really? ^^;

Ok, seriously, im sure they don't care. And Secondly, the only reason you have any problems with names being spelt differently *minus the bad 'english' spelling* is because thats how you've read the manga scanlated.... so yeah

we will find out when the characters show up, and how other translators decide to translate the names
Firebrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 22:37   Link #115
Togabito_Ion

I'd like to make a quick comment in defense of the scanslations, to be honest... To only two name spellings that KSS and I had changed when working on Chrno Crusade was 'Rosette' and 'Stella'.

This being that Rosette, according to Daisuke Moriyama was 'Rotzetto' and Stella was 'Satella'. I have had reasons to believe that, while her name is written as such, it would be 'Stella', because of another name in the series...

.....however this is HUGE MAJOR SPOILER info... If you REALLY don't want to know, you really shouldn't read. :3

Spoiler:

Nevertheless, take in mind, we're also going by the fact that other than a handful of names, none of them were written in Roman letters. While it's spelled 'Aion' in the preview, it's pronounced the same as 'Ion', and was never really written out in romaji, just as アイオーン which led me to the spelling that I use now.

In most cases, I think it's silly to argue over spelling names. I'm so used to actually typing it out as 'Chrono Crusade', because I never saw the logo... I actually saw クロノ クルセイド first. ^^ That's what's stuck in my mind.

This is the same matter as to people that I know griping that Ishida Akira plays Chrno when Takayama Minami played him in the radio dramas. I really like both of their parts playing him, and I while I'm more accustomed to hearing Takayama-san play him, Ishida-san is still doing an excellent job with him as a character.

I personally think this is simply a matter of what you was first and what you're used to. That's all.
Togabito_Ion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 23:19   Link #116
ChaosWing
runpsicat slave

Quote:
Oh, well... I'm a little tired of everything that's been said here about anime-keep being the 'new anime-junkies'.

First of all I work for a-keep, so yeah, I'm biased, that's why I won't state anything about all the versions released. I actually downloaded them all. I liked A-kraze's version, almost as much as I liked a-keep's. It had a nice encode, a good editing and a nice translation (though I might be wrong here, since my Japanese is not as good as to let me translate on my own...). I didn't like the typesetting. And the karaoke wasn't that original... I'm sure I have seen the same effects in some of their other shows. And hey, I'm an a-kraze fan. Even if I work for a-keep. And I guess there are some guys at a-kraze that also download our versions of some stuff. There's no point on fighting over something so petty as the lyrics of an opening song.
I hear ya, and I download keep's stuff for shows that kraze doesn't do... but I don't think calling my kara not "that original" was called for. Unoriginal? maybe. Do I care? not really. Do viewers care? not from what I have seen, and I've also noticed quite a few don't even watch it to begin with. And you'll also see that not everyone is going to like the font you choose, it's something you have to live with as a typesetter.

I aim to provide the leechers with what they want and make sure they are able to at least read it. I didn't join fansubbing looking for a styling competition and fansubbing isn't anywhere near one so I don't understand why groups and viewers seem to want to make it one by complaining about "not liking" how a font looks or filling their intro with aftereffects, vegas, or whatever they use.

And I'm not saying advanced effects are bad. I've used them myself. It's just that a groups see something some other group did and suddenly everyone is like "Oo! Let's do something flashier than they did!" and are forgetting the purpose of fansubbing...

I don't mind the competition in releasing faster or getting more leechers to download your release...but when it starts getting into the "who can create more flash in their karaoke", that's where I draw the line.

I didn't want to join in on this but alas I did.
ChaosWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-28, 23:30   Link #117
BluWacky
尻の竜

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosWing
And I'm not saying advanced effects are bad. I've used them myself. It's just that a groups see something some other group did and suddenly everyone is like "Oo! Let's do something flashier than they did!" and are forgetting the purpose of fansubbing...

I don't mind the competition in releasing faster or getting more leechers to download your release...but when it starts getting into the "who can create more flash in their karaoke", that's where I draw the line.
My sentiments exactly. To be honest, I just want to see what the words are so I can sing along - I don't care whether the words fly across the screen and explode in a shower of fireworks or whatever ^_^ Sometimes even the most basic of effects can be too much - for example, some of the groups subbing Peace Maker Kurogane and Saiyuki Reload have got words flying across the screen when they're being rapped incredibly quickly, so it's pointless subbing them at all since they just flash past in a blur of after effects so you can't read them!

Also, the A-Keep karaoke for Chrno Crusade makes the OP play crappily on my computer compared to the raw, so I like things to be simpler. Nice logo, though ^_^

(and to bring this on topic - I love the manga, I like the anime, Tomoko Kawakami rocks, Ishida Akira will seem better when we get further into the series, I crave the "Tsubasa wa Pleasure Line" single like oxygen, and if Gonzo put lots of fanservice and too much Rosette-blowing-stuff-up in I will be most annoyed)
BluWacky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 00:47   Link #118
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Ah yes, Remington - so charming he can make any lady blush. n.n And too pretty for his own good.

(Speculation spoilered out. Because I can. Nothing too bad though - and nothing new for manga readers.)

Spoiler:

Everyone in this series has a rather involved backstory that tends to flesh them out a lot, plus has a lot of connections to other members of the cast. Probably what makes the series the most interesting, at least in my opinion. ^^
Eh? I was hoping that they will turn out to be a couple in the end. But they would be a weird match since Rosette is a nun with machine guns and Chrno is a demon.
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 00:57   Link #119
ChaosWing
runpsicat slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomomi
Eh? I was hoping that they will turn out to be a couple in the end. But they would be a weird match since Rosette is a nun with machine guns and Chrno is a demon.
That has hentai written all over it
ChaosWing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 01:00   Link #120
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosWing
That has hentai written all over it
Eh? Why hentai?
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote