AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2012-10-24, 04:30   Link #1
xSNOWx

Romance anime suggestions?

Well my list has grow even more than i had expected and im having tons of problems finding romance anime that can keep me interested through the entire series so i thought to ask my favorite online community

i dont mind what type is suggested but try to keep it after 2003 please and if possible a small description would me much appreciated ~Thank You~

Spoiler for Watched Anime:
xSNOWx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 09:06   Link #2
Laniaka

Skip Beat! is one of my favourites. It's about a girl who is dumped and then tries to get revenge with acting. The main part of the romance comes later on in the story though. You'll have to read the manga for that since the anime only covers a part of the whole story.

Nodame Cantabile is a slice of life anime about people making classical music.

Spice and Wolf is another slice of life anime about a traveling merchant and his adventures together with a wolf girl.

Eureka 7 is a mecha adventure romance story.

Lovely Complex is a more typical shoujo romance story about two friends who fall in love.

Last edited by Laniaka; 2012-10-24 at 09:08. Reason: not after 2003
Laniaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 14:38   Link #3
Divini
Senpai!

sola - Starts off rather normal, but then the plot kicks up FAST.

Myself;Yourself - MC reunites with his childhood friends. Slice of Life with plenty of drama to go around.

Lamune - Cute, Sweet, Slice of Life Romance

Kanon (2006) - From the creator and studio that made Clannad. That's really all that needs to be said.

Macross Frontier -
Latest installment of the long-running mecha/space travel franchise, with romance front and center being a key plot point.

ef ~ a tale of memories - A tale of two different couples. Really unique animation style.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-24, 18:46   Link #4
xSNOWx

Thanks Laniaka and Divini, its getting really hard to find more to watch and i appreciate the suggestions. Now i have another week or 2 of anime
Old 2012-10-24, 23:01   Link #5
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Seems thou is fond of the shoujo~<3

In that case, Full Moon Wo Sagashite is a MUST.

I insist! The series ended in 03 so I dunno if that's okay but I swear you won't regret watching this. It's truly amazing. In my opinion, the best shoujo series out there.
Old 2012-10-25, 03:52   Link #6
xSNOWx

cool ill give it a try, and yes shoujo <3
Old 2012-10-25, 05:11   Link #7
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I don't know if you've seen these and forgot to add this to your list but here it goes.

Ahem:

Why don't you give Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu and Shinkyoku Soukai Polyphonica Crimson S a shot if you're interested.

One's about a girl with a secret and the bond that follows with the boy who accidently discovers it. The other is about a guy who makes a contract with a beautiful spirit who's connected to him in someway.
Old 2012-10-25, 07:07   Link #8
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
First I have to second the suggestion of Nodame Cantabile. If you're worried about not enjoying the classical music part, it's not heavy into that. Sure it throws around names, but it does not detract you from the experience. I find it to be a wonderful feel-good anime whenever I'm feeling down. Every episode of this anime makes me happy each week while I was watching, which high praise for an anime.

I'm surprised you haven't watched ef - a tale of memories and its sequel. It's not your typical romance for sure, because it almost doesn't matter who wins or lose. You just love to see the connection between the characters as they develop, and wonder how the relationships will progress. The second season, ef - a tale of melodies has a bit more drama but is devoid of love triangles. It's just two couples, two stories, and that's it. You learn to appreciate the how and why, not the who. As a whole, the ef series is part of my Top 3 romance anime, along with Kimi ga Nozomu Eien and Itazura na Kiss.

Another good watch is 5 Centimeters per Second. It's a...movie I guess, but 3 episodes totaling to 60 minutes. You follow a male character from elementary school to adulthood in 3 phases. I love the innocent relationship in the first episode along with the narrative poetry throughout.

I truly believe that Saikano: The Last Love Song on This Little Planet is a great anime. There's quite a bit of...action and tears, but the relationship between the two main characters are heartfelt and real (to me). Character design is not the anime's best trait, but I got used to it and instead focus on the story.

Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora is a nice hospital romance. It's a 6-episode OVA that sort of funny, sort of...weird, but I enjoyed watching it.

Acchi Kocchi is my favorite anime of that season. It's slice of life, but the romance relationship between the two main characters are very cute. If you like episodic anime without much...character development, but sort of enjoyable, then this is definitely a must watch!
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 20:04   Link #9
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quite a few decent ones this fall.

Best one is probably:

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
: Our Heroine has a goal: Get a six figure salary. To accomplish this goal she must focus on only one thing right now: Calculus. Then one day she is asked to deliver the homework to the boy that sits next to her who has not been coming to school. Somehow he thinks this makes them friends, and he precedes to start dragging her into all sort of problems, when all she wants to do is study.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 23:16   Link #10
Siphine
The Dreamer

Gah, XP i don't know any good shojo romance animes (more into shonen) but if you don't mind shonen/shojo then a good one would be Suzuka

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Siphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 20:35   Link #11
xSNOWx

i dont mind what type, shonen or shoujo, if its good ill watch it and im not bias to any particular genre, i just love anime to much it doesnt really worry me, i mean if you look at my list you can see ive watched a fair few different genres i just get in the mood to watch romance alot but i also really enjoy action,adventure aswell, when those three come together in a good anime i normally suffer minor seizures of joy :P
Old 2012-10-28, 02:03   Link #12
jte742

I second 5 Centimeters Per Second. You may also like that director's earlier films, The Place Promised in Our Early Days and Voices of a Distant Star. The former is a 90 minute movie and the latter is a single 25 minute episode. Both, very generally, are stories about two friends who become separated. As they spend more time apart, they become closer as they miss each other more and more. If you are okay with some sci-fi elements, they are both worth a try. All three are favorites of mine.

Another vote for Nodame Cantabile as well. It is a great series, equal parts hilarious and emotional.

Finally, you might like Cross Game, which is, as you can see three posts above mine, "a story of love, life, death - and baseball". Don't be put off by the occasional extended baseball-game sequences - it is really a very nice story.
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 04:58   Link #13
andromeda0201

Bokura ga Ita - The setting is a bit similar to Sukitte Ii na yo, if you are looking for drama+romance, this is pretty good

Nana - This seems more like a live-action drama than an anime. 2 girls named Nana meet through a twist of fate and support each other through love and career. It's music + love + drama so the soundtrack is brilliant. Do try this out.

Saiunkoku Monogatari - I wasn't sure whether to include this since romance seems to take a backseat. The plot is really good though and the female lead is intelligent and strives hard for her goals.

Kamisama Hajimemashita - currently airing, girl becomes a land god unwillingly and has to interact with her sulky familiar.
andromeda0201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-30, 19:04   Link #14
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Haha. My area of expertise.

Give these a try. I can't necessarily put any details since the list is lengthy. However, I can assure you that they are all romance animes.

I have put in the genres to help out a little bit:

Peach Girl ( romance/comedy)
Canvas 2 ( romance/comedy)
Ginban Kaleidoscope ( romance/comedy/sport)
School Rumble ( romance/comedy)
Shugo Chara ( romance/comedy/action) The romance is a bit childish
Uta No Prince Sama ( romance/comedy)
Lovely Complex ( romance/comedy)
Dragonaut the Resonance ( romance/comedy/action/mecha/echhi )
Aishiteruze Baby ( romance/comedy)
Hanasakeru Seishonen ( romance/comedy/action)
Karin ( romance/comedy/action)
Inu x Boku SS ( romance/comedy/action/echhi )
Ouran Highschool Host Club ( romance/comedy)
Harukanaru Toki no Naka de ( romance/comedy/action )
The Wallflower ( romance/comedy)
Hanamaru Kindergarten ( romance/comedy)