AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-04-17, 12:42   Link #1261
Samatarou
Son of God
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Are the whole Lucky☆gang left-handed?
Nice catch there!

A quick review of ep.2 reveals that in one scene Kona-chan is eating right handed, and Tsukasa’s dad eats right handed but all his daughters are eating left handed as well as writing left handed. The sensei is also left-handed. Classmates in the background are right handed. The handedness of the main charas is pretty consistent including using left hand to point etc., except with Kona-chan who as someone noted seems to be ambidextrous.

My first thought is that one of the animators may have been using themself as a model, looking in a mirror to get the hands right, and forgot to reverse the results. This is very tempting when you’re drawing a person who is drawing or writing since your own hands are already in the right pose and you can just copy them, I’ve certainly done this myself. The fact that only some of the characters are like this doesn’t really say anything either way since several artists are probably working on the scenes, especially the foreground and background characrters are likely to be different, I imagine some lead person is going to be doing keyframes for the main characters but leaving the minor characters (blue-tinted classmates) to someone else. It will be interesting to see if the handedness continues or becomes a plot point. (Even if it is a slip-up I imagine that once noticed they’d probably stick to it, as a little win)

Edit: I just wanted to add that I wouldn’t normally see the depiction of left-handedness noteworthy but the fact that Japan has a history of suppressing lefthandedness makes an anime full of left-handed characters something of a curiosity.

Last edited by Samatarou; 2007-04-17 at 13:47.
Samatarou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 14:14   Link #1262
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
Damn man, you bringin' us to philosophy 101 or somethin'?

My mere 2 cents.
Actually, you *have* wandered into philosophy 101 or some esoteric wonderland. Some of these forums carry on conversations with a substantially diverse level of complexity and banter
(refers to The Ontology of Suzumiya Haruhi thread for a poster-child example)
Old 2007-04-17, 14:57   Link #1263
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Pachi Pachi Pachi.

I used this avatar, screaming moeness from every side, for a couple of days because it was funny, but I can't betray my Matsuri after all

First come, first served - if anyone interested.

So far I only watched the subbed part of Lucky Channel (priceless) for episode 2, but I surfed through the entire episode and on the whole it looks better than the first, because there's more "movement", it's no more a blah-blah-blah in the classroom as most of episode 1, but the characters actually do something this time.
I guess this is the direction for the show, and nevertheless, once that the new characters will be introduced, it will be even more interesting. I'm particularly looking forward to Patricia Martin's debut, since she's voiced by what I deem to be the moeest voice I've ever heard, Sasaki Nozomi.
Old 2007-04-17, 15:51   Link #1264
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

yeah.. I almost died from the cuteness factor when bipolar Akira clapped.

must stay focused on Konata-chan (with the hair and stature she's basically a caricature of She Who Must Be Obeyed in my home.... though Kona is a lot calmer... my wife takes after much noisier archetypes; personality-wise she's much closer to Kagami)
Old 2007-04-17, 16:05   Link #1265
bloodmoon0011

Omg.

A friend of mine just showed me this series today... Lemme guess, this series is so new that there isn't even a full version of the opening yet? Dammit I need it, lol. It's just so... Catchy. Anyway, anyone know when the full version will be released?
bloodmoon0011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 16:24   Link #1266
cmage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodmoon0011 View Post
A friend of mine just showed me this series today... Lemme guess, this series is so new that there isn't even a full version of the opening yet? Dammit I need it, lol. It's just so... Catchy. Anyway, anyone know when the full version will be released?
Should be out May 23rd. Until then I'll just have to loop it.
cmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 16:38   Link #1267
Meophist

It really looks like I'm the only person who doesn't like the Lucky Channel portion of the show. Love the rest though.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 16:44   Link #1268
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Well, i liked ep2 better than the 1st one. It had more... stuff... happening and felt more alive. I hope this keeps up. Though i think they could do without the lucky channel - while the one in ep1 was somewhat funny, this time around it bored me.
Old 2007-04-17, 16:47   Link #1269
cmage

I don't like Lucky Channel as much as the rest, but granted I've only seen the first episode. Just seems unconnected, and I don't love the moe within it or find it especially hilarious.
cmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:03   Link #1270
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
and ep 2 keeps the ball rolling
its great to see the random cracks and quite amazing how it doesnt get old at all XD when kona made her "laughing face" it was pretty normal but the way the other expressed it gave a great impact on how the viewers will interprate it...and on that note i think the way Tsukasa struggled to manage her study time table was spot on with reality (for me anyways )

and seeing kagami wasting money...lawl XD

edit: oh and that sia poster...nice one! :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:09   Link #1271
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Watching Tsukasa vs Kagami in the study arena.. pretty much describes my wife and I in our college days (she being Kagami and me being well-meaning but doomed by ADD)... you'd have to add a splash of Kona to mine though as I'd usually just wing a test by the skin of my teeth and pull through.
Old 2007-04-17, 17:11   Link #1272
Meophist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Watching Tsukasa vs Kagami in the study arena.. pretty much describes my wife and I in our college days (she being Kagami and me being well-meaning but doomed by ADD)... you'd have to add a splash of Kona to mine though as I'd usually just wing a test by the skin of my teeth and pull through.
Sounds like me.
Meophist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:26   Link #1273
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
when kona made her "laughing face" it was pretty normal but the way the other expressed it gave a great impact on how the viewers will interprate it.

I don't think it was shown to the viewers what face Konata made, because if you are referring to this one

then Konata had already made it while announcing the game

Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:50   Link #1274
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Geez this show is random, but in a strangely normal way which is abit of a feat. I mean its pretty easy to do a pani-poni thing and throw out aliens or some such and produce moments, but so far its all been within a slightly normal context lol.

Lucky channel is the funniest part of the show for me still though...Bi-polar never looked so adorable.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 17:57   Link #1275
krln99

Judging from the intro, it looks like they'll eventually introduce the "junior" (kouhai) class to the series, which has Konata's cousin (who pretty much functions as her little sister, since they live together), Yutaka - the really little girl with short red hair, and Minami - the girl with green hair, and Hiyori - the girl with glasses and long black/brown hair.
krln99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 18:39   Link #1276
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meophist View Post
It really looks like I'm the only person who doesn't like the Lucky Channel portion of the show. Love the rest though.
Dont let that worry you too much; We all have our own personal likes and dislikes.

Along those lines, I am probably among the few posting here that doesn't like the intro music all that much.

Lucky Channel is the most funny part for me though.
Old 2007-04-17, 18:56   Link #1277
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

More Kagami from Kagami's fan~ It's a Sony Ericsson theme, specifically for w810. xD
Spoiler:

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/26561524...gami2.rar.html
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 21:39   Link #1278
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
HHY One=Hare Hare Yukai one. Does anybody notice this? Normally Konata's hair goes down to about her knee, but in the cheerleading sequence in the opening its so long its practically touching the ground (Much hotter). Apparentely the GP-02A Physallis is representative of the night sky as well. There are other units in the opening such as a Dom and the Gundam, but I guess they chose to use the GM Command for all the girls. I don't know if it was just the closest thing he could fin to a school girl.
Caught it before you did, pal. But apparently no one else noticed Konata going Tsuruya-san, so meh.

And the plamo vid was great, but I kinda wished he used G Gundam's Noble Gundam as the model instead. Fits better, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
Garfield hit rock bottom in its decades without change, and now it's trying to change things slowly and subtly--which it used to do when it was still fresh.
I wouldn't call Jon finally getting a girlfriend 'subtle'.
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 21:48   Link #1279
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Oooh.... sorry, Haruhi --- .... actually I like the muted tones of this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
More Kagami from Kagami's fan~ It's a Sony Ericsson theme, specifically for w810. xD
Spoiler:

Link: http://rapidshare.com/files/26561524...gami2.rar.html
Old 2007-04-17, 21:52   Link #1280
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
Caught it before you did, pal. But apparently no one else noticed Konata going Tsuruya-san, so meh.

And the plamo vid was great, but I kinda wished he used G Gundam's Noble Gundam as the model instead. Fits better, yes?

I wouldn't call Jon finally getting a girlfriend 'subtle'.
Nobel Gundam actually. Noble is the American name and totally unnecessary. A lot of people make this mistake though. Maybe he doesn't have a Nobel Gundam, I'm not sure. In the Haruhi one he used a Dreamcast to represent a building. The King Gainer had a Guncannon for the Gainer when I think the Turn A would have fit best. He's likely working with just a few Gunpla and only uses his cheaper ones for obvious reasons (Using a Zeta means your just asking for the Waverider Pack to fall off or something, same goes with anything post U.C 0080).

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-04-17 at 22:13.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, comptiq, kadokawa, school life, seinen