AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-02-12, 00:24   Link #41
Tworble

I just got into the manga again, and I have to say it is an extreemly involving series with good storytelling, hair raising visuals and gripping interpersonal relationships. It's another one of those series I can imagine myself reading into but I don't think it should hurt anyone's enjoyment of it.

(I know; we'll call it "O" anime...because it has "Overtones")
Tworble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-12, 10:24   Link #42
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirvee View Post
And on this series being shoujo, it's only "shoujo" because it has a main cast of bishounen and focuses on relationships rather than action most of the time.
No. It's a shoujo manga simply because it runs in a shoujo manga magazine. It's not about themes and style; it's just a marketing decision.
Old 2009-02-12, 17:22   Link #43
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Ah.

Even so, at least this series doesn't make me want to gag like other shoujo manga. If I don't gag, then it's shounen to me.

But anyway, I also really love the art. Teito's eyes are so gorgeous to look at!
Kirvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-14, 00:13   Link #44
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Ah.

Even so, at least this series doesn't make me want to gag like other shoujo manga. If I don't gag, then it's shounen to me.
You don't like it? Shoujo manga I mean.... that's a pity. There are some really great shoujo manga out there (and anime adapted from them): Nodame Cantabile for example (although it's nor exactly shoujo but josei, but it's basically the same), or Lovely Complex. Ah, and Kimi ni Todoke, which has an anime adaptation announced.

Whether it's drama or comedy, or just sheer cuteness, I always go for shoujo manga. I certainly prefer it to loli-moe crap any day.

Anyway, looking forward to this one.
Old 2009-02-14, 10:47   Link #45
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to Kirvee Send a message via MSN to Kirvee Send a message via Yahoo to Kirvee
Well, I'm not exactly the most girliest of girls you can ever meet.

I grew up with shounen anime and loved them to pieces, in fact the only shoujo I ever remember liking was Sailor Moon, and that was mainly when I was 8. I liked Cardcaptors, but only because the dub edited in such a way that it toned down a lot of the girly shit.

I hate/strongly dislike the major majority of shoujo anime/manga because I hate looking at a bunch of sappy romance and teenage drama. I like my action and i like my romance in such a way that you KNOW it's there, but it's not always right up in your face.
Old 2009-02-17, 13:37   Link #46
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Comming from a guy, I think the shonnen stereotype in many ways worse. At least most shojo anime try, I can not see how they are trying in shonnen anime when we get full all out harem anime or pantsu/blush/skirt crap galore. But then there are a lot more shonnen around.
Old 2009-02-17, 17:16   Link #47
Shadow Kira01

I used to watch mostly shounen animes (Naruto, Bleach, etc..) but I sort of lost interest.

As for 07-Ghost, the animation looks really good based on the promotional poster and the story also seems pretty interesting as well. Judging by the list of characters, it appears that this will be one of those supernatural shounen-ai animes, like Monochrome Factor and Angel's Feather.
Shadow Kira01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 18:35   Link #48
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Minato View Post
I used to watch mostly shounen animes (Naruto, Bleach, etc..) but I sort of lost interest.

As for 07-Ghost, the animation looks really good based on the promotional poster and the story also seems pretty interesting as well. Judging by the list of characters, it appears that this will be one of those supernatural shounen-ai animes, like Monochrome Factor and Angel's Feather.
better thing about it is that the budget is at leased better than Monochrome Factor and besides a soundtrack lover as myself would already watch this show because Nakagawa is involved if they had a budget like they did with Monochrome Factor they wouldn't be able to afford him
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 18:51   Link #49
Boduar

Wow I read like 25+ manga chapters and never realized the extreme lack of females and that it was a shoujo manga ... just goes to show I fail at noticing the details. Anyway hope the anime is good but if the anime is based off just the manga I hope that the anime has a decent ending ... right now the translated manga isnt very far into the story and I dont know how far the raw's are.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-17, 20:37   Link #50
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

For the record, while I do mostly prefer shounen manga/anime, there always has to be something about specific titles that catch my interest. Generally it's plot-related, so the titles I like all have nice and generally deep plots.

FMA, for example, has a deep plot.

DBZ, on the other hand.....what's the point of that anime again? XD.

Back on the subject of 07.

I listened to the opening and ending themese on the official website. I really like the opening, it sounds almost shounen-like. The ending song, while not initially sounding all that great, sounds like a shoujo-styled song. That makes an interesting mix, imo, but I'd really like to see how they animate a video to both songs.
Old 2009-02-18, 05:53   Link #51
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boduar View Post
Wow I read like 25+ manga chapters and never realized the extreme lack of females and that it was a shoujo manga ... just goes to show I fail at noticing the details. Anyway hope the anime is good but if the anime is based off just the manga I hope that the anime has a decent ending ... right now the translated manga isnt very far into the story and I dont know how far the raw's are.
RAW is standing at chapter 45
Old 2009-02-22, 06:27   Link #52
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

found a promo =o

Old 2009-02-22, 11:12   Link #53
Kadrias

Waha, awesome! I'll be looking forward to this. I picked up the first english volume of this a few weeks back and loved it. 8D
Kadrias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-22, 22:18   Link #54
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

KarumA, that trailer's been avaliable for a while....
Old 2009-02-23, 05:54   Link #55
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
KarumA, that trailer's been avaliable for a while....
It hasn't been posted yet nor had I seen it myself ha ha ha
Old 2009-02-23, 11:29   Link #56
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Oh, ok, I'm sorry >_<.

I knew about it, I thought I'd seen it earlier in the thread. My bad.
Old 2009-02-24, 03:43   Link #57
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Quote:
Oh, ok, I'm sorry >_<.

I knew about it, I thought I'd seen it earlier in the thread. My bad.
I added it to the first post where the series info is, I'm certain people would appreciate that if they are interested in watching it (saves the trouble for them looking up the trailer)
Old 2009-03-03, 21:52   Link #58
Snooker
Call me neet.

O.K. I have plan to watch this anime but I will drop it if lack of interesting.
Snooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 18:03   Link #59
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I forgot about this till I looked at my shopping bag, but 07 Ghost was one of the upcoming series from TAF that seemed to be generating quite a buzz. It was frustrating being there in a way since almost nothing was translated into English, but this series had a huge booth and a damn pretty trailer. As to the dialogue from said trailer, you're on your own there.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 18:31   Link #60
Kirvee
SoulxMaka Fangirl

Has there been anything new released to promote the series? Any T.V. Commercials? It's coming out in a week or two, and the new FMA anime has more promotions than it, atm.

Tags
fantasy