AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-05, 10:18   Link #81
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Aw man, it does look like it could be him, I hope not though.
Why not?

I think it'd be an awesome power. And it'd placate the ppl bitching about the lack of powerful zoans.
Old 2009-08-05, 10:22   Link #82
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Why not?

I think it'd be an awesome power. And it'd placate the ppl bitching about the lack of powerful zoans.
people just seem to like the idea of strong non DF users with haki atmo :s
Old 2009-08-05, 10:24   Link #83
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

ahahaha I noticed the battle-freak looking woman from WBs crew first, she sure looks awesome. And the guy on the left has a nice gun.

AND OMG OMG OMG THE GUY ON THE RIGHT HAS CHAINS THAT LOOK LIKE CHAIN CHOMPS JUST HOW AWESOME IS THAT

I <3 Chain Chomps

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2009-08-05 at 10:40.
Old 2009-08-05, 10:27   Link #84
rob lucci

I hope mihawk using a sword make from sea stone.
Old 2009-08-05, 10:31   Link #85
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
people just seem to like the idea of strong non DF users with haki atmo :s
I don't get that

To me, a Df is just a weapon...obviously stronger weapons give fighters an advantage. The top fighters will have the best weapons (and the best skill). Nothing wrong wiht that, is there?
Old 2009-08-05, 11:19   Link #86
marvelB

Actually, when I saw that VA with the dog head Garp came to my mind as well, but I noticed a couple of differences. For one thing, that guy's definitely a Zoan (look closely at the spread, you can see his claws). That, and he's dressed differently from Garp, anyhow (Garp's wearing a black shirt, while this guy's wearing a white shirt). Heh, I wonder what fruit this guy ate.... dog dog fruit, model dalmatian?

By the way, someone at AP pointed out that a couple of those VAs were shown during the Shichibukai meeting in chapter 234, specifically the guy standing between Onigumo and Doberman, and the guy with the glasses who's standing behind the former in the background. Boy, does Oda plan ahead, or what....?

And as for the commanders, so far my favorite designs are the top hat dude and the Chain Chomp guy. I'm still assuming that the chick with the gun is one of those nurses, but looking back at the spread from chap. 234, I can't tell which woman it would be. Oh well, I just can't wait to see these guys in action (too bad we have to wait 2 weeks before that happens, though )......
Old 2009-08-05, 13:28   Link #87
Master Mold
Banned

Thumbs up

I hope what has been described in the spoiler is not even close to being the full chapter. In any case Ice man got pwned and the Admirals are on the attack before Doflamingo and also leaving out Red Dog. So I'm guessing Oda saving them two for 2 new world captains. I also thought some of newgates new world underling would take on Blackbeards neo pirate crew, when ever he arrived at this shindig. Meh time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Some spoilers says that Mihawk is former second division commander of Whitebeard pirates and he and Jozo has a little chat where Mihawk says he dont have time to remember old times and he want to test himself against strongest and Jozo says that Whitebeards have been missing swordsman since Mihawk left and he cant get piece of king straight off.

Also Mihawks slash is NOT worlds strongest its just some random marine fanboy yelling, Mihawk himself dont say anything during attack.

But seriosly there are sooooo many intresting inviduals already introduced in this battle, if this war would be showned as Bleach style where 'war' is fought by random 1vs1 battles then we would be stuck for this war for 2020 since we have huge amount of material for it already.

Cant wait for chapter release and I have to get some self-control and avoid spoiling myself any further and save some suprises for chapter itself.
Please stop trying to take shots at Bleach, to pump up One Piece, since this Manga has been on the suck wagon for a long while. Just because the slug Oda has one foot off the garbage wagon, and one foot in the "We finally getting some where boat" don't mean you can go fire off, for the Oda could always plant both feet back on the garbage wagon, like he has done many times in the past, Heck hes stays consistent in that department, especially when it comes to good big battles, lets hope he can break that.

Last edited by Master Mold; 2009-08-05 at 13:42.
Old 2009-08-05, 13:45   Link #88
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

I'm very eagar to see Akainu in action. I want to see just how ruthless & merciless he is against Pirates.
Old 2009-08-05, 13:47   Link #89
Master Mold
Banned

Well with Odas no Kill policy, he won't be that bad.
Old 2009-08-05, 13:55   Link #90
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Mold View Post
I hope what has been described in the spoiler is not even close to being the full chapter. In any case Ice man got pwned and the Admirals are on the attack before Doflamingo and also leaving out Red Dog. So I'm guessing Oda saving them two for 2 new world captains. I also thought some of newgates new world underling would take on Blackbeards neo pirate crew, when ever he arrived at this shindig. Meh time will tell.
There are about 9 pages released so far (whether as actual pages, or specific info from the page), so that leaves at least 6-8 more pages to come. That beign said, this is the chapter before a break, so more than anything, I just expect Oda to start pairing off the fights in this chapter, and leave with a cliffhanger. Next chapter I expect chaos to reign, with maybe a cameo from Luffy talking about the war ("I never thought it's be like this blah blah blah [insert war is hell referrence] blah blah blah") before 2 solid chapters of smaller named fights (the NW pirates and some of the VAs) until finally, in 4 or so chapters we will start with the big name fights...or at least that is my prediction for the next months worth of chapters.

Quote:
Please stop trying to take shots at Bleach
But it's so easy . Harshly critiquing Bleach is like throwing water ballons at an obese, crippled, and mentally challenged kid - there is no sport, it's only funny the first few times but gets boring quickly, and almost every toss will hit the target.

Joking aside, I agree there is no reason to lambast Bleach in order to elevate One Piece (or vice versa, and throw Naruto in there just to be safe). The 2(3) titles are sufficiently different that adequetly comparing them beyond mere surface layer similarities is fruitless. True both are undergoing a "war" arc, but the wars, the participants, and the reason for war are so vastly different, nothing can really be gained by comparing the 2.
Old 2009-08-05, 14:02   Link #91
Master Mold
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
There are about 9 pages released so far (whether as actual pages, or specific info from the page), so that leaves at least 6-8 more pages to come. That beign said, this is the chapter before a break, so more than anything, I just expect Oda to start pairing off the fights in this chapter, and leave with a cliffhanger Next chapter I expect chaos to reign, with maybe a cameo from Luffy talking about the war ("I never thought it's be like this blah blah blah [insert war is hell referrence] blah blah blah") before 2 solid chapters of smaller named fights (the NW pirates and some of the VAs) until finally, in 4 or so chapters we will start with the big name fights...or at least that is my prediction for the next months worth of chapters.
If you had to guess where would Blackbeard fall in all this, or are you still on the stand that he won't take part? IIRC

Quote:
But it's so easy . Harshly critiquing Bleach is like throwing water ballons at an obese, crippled, and mentally challenged kid - there is no sport, it's only funny the first few times but gets boring quickly, and almost every toss will hit the target.
Old 2009-08-05, 14:10   Link #92
james0246

^If Blackbeard does appear it would probably be in at least 7 chapters, if not 10. It really depends on how much Oda wants these battles to rock. If he doesn't care about the opponents needlessly explaining their back stories or powers, having senseless flashbacks, or trying to buildup their individual powers too much, then Oda could make this a great chaotic battle in which character after character simply unleashes their might, and if they win they immediatly go on to the next opponent (this is what I am hoping for). But if he decides to focus on the characters, instead of the fighting, then I wouldn't expect to see Blackbeard (if he appears) for at least 10 chapters, if not more.
Old 2009-08-05, 14:22   Link #93
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
I'm suprised that the admirals went right into battle, I was expecting them to sit it out for a while, but i guess this was necessary for them to take action to show off some of the WBP's abilites. I wonder what Hancock and Doflamingo will do.
Old 2009-08-05, 14:33   Link #94
marvelB

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to see Blackbeard reappear for a good while. We know that him and Shiryuu have some business to wrap up in Impel Down, and that could take a little time. He most likely won't come to Marineford until the war is all but over (along with his new Impel Down posse, of course! ).

By the way, I think this was pointed out before, but one of the commanders kinda resembles Scratchmen Apoo. Maybe he's even from the long arm tribe, just like the supernova....?

And again I think it's pretty cool to see that two of the VAs fighting in this war are those guys that Doflamingo was playing around with in chapter 234. I'm also glad to see that 4 out of the 5 Buster Call VAs are shown in the spread (where the heck IS Yamakaji, anyway? I don't think he's that dog Zoan dude, since he doesn't have a dark beard OR a cigar in his mouth.....). Seeing as the summary from before mentioned Garp and Tsuru join the VAs, I'm actually pretty interested in seeing old Tsuru in action, as well. In the past I didn't think she was a fighter since her intro stated that she was a tactician, but maybe she will turn out to be a martial artist or something after all (would be fitting, since her name means crane in Japanese ). Heh, I can't wait to see Garp's reaction when he sees Luffy entering Marineford with his group of prison escapees......
Old 2009-08-05, 15:13   Link #95
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

Joking aside, I agree there is no reason to lambast Bleach in order to elevate One Piece (or vice versa, and throw Naruto in there just to be safe). The 2(3) titles are sufficiently different that adequetly comparing them beyond mere surface layer similarities is fruitless. True both are undergoing a "war" arc, but the wars, the participants, and the reason for war are so vastly different, nothing can really be gained by comparing the 2.
Nah the bleach war has, so far, been ENTIRELY unrealistic. The last two or so chaps have shown MAJOR improvement, but until I see something concrete, I'm not going to open my mouth and say: "Bleach has finally come back."

If MAtsumoto and Momo die, and Hitsugaya gets ripped to shreds, and Stark finally starts taking stuff seriously, then, I'll say okay. The MOST amazing scenario would be if Aizen was controlling the WHOLE thing by hypnotizing all of Soul Soc. AND the Vaizards into thinking they were fighting real opponents. Then, after they've expended everything they've got, the scales over their eyes are lifted and they see...all of the espada standing there, at full strength, and of course, my favourite scene in any cartoon: the villain smirking, and pronouncing his "game over" phrase.

THAT would be nothing short of WICKED. But it probably won't happen, anyway, so...

But MAN. Whitebeard has the whole thing COVERED. I mean: I don't even think Phenomenal can argue that the Whitebeard effect and his whole BEING right now is enough to blow away the other Big Two. I mean...wow. The guy just cracked the sky. That was nothing short of HISTORIC

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.

Last edited by holypanl; 2009-08-05 at 15:24.
Old 2009-08-05, 15:21   Link #96
Rainbowman

So there are HOW MANY NEW DEVIL FRUIT ABILITIES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! All I could say is:

<"OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Old 2009-08-05, 18:37   Link #97
marvelB

A few more pics came out. We can see some of those New World captains fighting (looks like one of them's even a walrus Zoan, and there's another dude who has multiple arms.... another spider Zoan, maybe?). Sadly, I see no sign of Doma or Makugai. A couple more VAs are shown as well: Yamakaji and Komil (though they aren't shown fighting.... yet). And there's more pics of the scene where Marco deflects Kizaru's barrage of beams. Looking at it now, I don't think his power is flame-based at all. It looks like he spun himself to deflect Kizaru's beams, and the fire on his body is merely from the heat of the beams. So I guess that he has a defensive DF power like Jozu.......
Old 2009-08-05, 18:46   Link #98
AnbuItachi

Yea i agree Mihawk should take down one of the big names to make zoro's dream look good, (as well as shanks fighting skills). However, the only big name on WB's side is.... whitebeard. Next comes Marco and then Jozu if the divisions captains are ranked based on power level.

I think when Mihawk said he wants to see how far he is from that man, he meant that hes never fought him before and just want to see how he compares to him. It doesn't necessarily mean hes stating that he's weaker.

It'd be interesting with Strongest Man with one of the strongest DF vs Strongest Swordsman with the strongest sword.
Old 2009-08-05, 18:59   Link #99
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Joz leave Mihawk the **** alone, you blocking his attack didn't phase him one bit. In any case its foreshadowed that Miahwk can slice up diamond, so why don't you just leave Hawk Eye's alone and go beat up on Moria.....that's what he's there for, to be a punching bag.
Besides Whitebeard of course, it doesn't really matter who Mihawk's opponent is since they are there to job to him anyways. Mihawk is only destined to lose to Zoro much later on, so he's not going to be defeated by anyone but him. If Mihawk vs. Jozu does happen, I think it will be a really interesting match. Jozu would be sure to put up a really good fight and Mihawk would most likely have to put in a decent amount of effort to take him out. I can't wait to see the match ups Oda has in store for us .
Old 2009-08-05, 19:01   Link #100
mvt09002

thanks u very m
Closed Thread