AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-08-08, 10:51   Link #1041
Volcanic
fire of fires

So far, in english, we have a whole list of names:

"The New Girl"\New Girl X\something of that vein
ChibiBeatrice\Chibibeato\ChibiBernkastel
Chibibe (my preferred one, a combo of the above)\Chibeato
Batoriche
Rika-Beatrice ()
Chiru\Chiru-Beatrice

And there's a TON more.

...lol Golden, that's a really well known theory actually. I think Natsuhi and Rudolf would fit better if they switched, though? Hm...
Volcanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 10:54   Link #1042
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
What if the 7 sisters of purgatory would be a referring to the 7 adults? It could be, since we already discovered in EP3 Kyrie had jealousy as her sin and Rudolf sloth as his sin. And then there are the other adults:
Seriously... we discussed that to no end and never came to a solution. It's one of the most popular theories around here (along with Kanon=Shannon, Beatrice=Jessica, servants=Gaap and co.) it often came with the theory that the children (shannon and and Kanon included) represent the seven virtues. no need to shame yourself it isn't that idiotic but nothing new
Old 2009-08-08, 10:56   Link #1043
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
It probably already has been speculated somewhere but I haven't seen it
I rest my case.
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 11:00   Link #1044
Kitsu
The unlucky one

The problem is, it wasnt just speculated somewhere but discussed for about a week...with no stop and then popped out again and again. And I think I might search were the longest discussion started and give you the link. That way you can read through all the opinions without us spamming the EP 5 thread. Cause I can the see the people coming disagreeing with your decisions. Most people would order the stakes to other adults
Old 2009-08-08, 12:31   Link #1045
chronotrig

News from Ryuukishi's diary.
Looks like the release version of EP5 has finally been completed.
Also, he's apparently planning to release another Tips booklet along with the game. This time, it'll involve the Siesta Sisters...and it looks like 556 will make an appearance.

Apparently, getting this EP finished was one of the hardest pushes 07th Expansion has ever made and expects to make in the future. Sounds like they barely made it.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 12:38   Link #1046
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
News from Ryuukishi's diary.
Looks like the release version of EP5 has finally been completed.
Also, he's apparently planning to release another Tips booklet along with the game. This time, it'll involve the Siesta Sisters...and it looks like 556 will make an appearance.

Apparently, getting this EP finished was one of the hardest pushes 07th Expansion has ever made and expects to make in the future. Sounds like they barely made it.
Wow. Only a week before release, and they just finished it? I really feel bad for those guys...they deserve tea and cookies. And tea.

Oooh, the Siestas! And 556! I'm amused. I wonder what they'll do this time...Christmas? Halloween?
Old 2009-08-08, 12:57   Link #1047
Marion
The Great Dine

Maybe it'll be some back story about her death. Some reason I have a feeling more Siestas will be introduced this coming episode.

I wonder if that means they'll skip over December and release EP 6 next August then? I mean if episodes only get longer and they had a hard time making this release then what if they skip? Unless they already have some things from EP 6 done.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 13:01   Link #1048
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Siesta 556 is making an appearance!? Yay! I can't wait to read it! ^.^

... but it looks like I'm gonna have to. ._.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 13:15   Link #1049
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
... but it looks like I'm gonna have to. ._.
Don't do it, Maho! Think about your family and friends!

...Wait, what are you gonna do? xD

I really hope that they start working on EP6 now so we can get it next Comiket, but if it's really that bad...for the sake of quality, yeah, we might have to put it back to a year from now.
Old 2009-08-08, 13:17   Link #1050
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volcanic View Post
Don't do it, Maho! Think about your family and friends!

...Wait, what are you gonna do? xD
Nothing, I just can't read Japanese.

momobunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-08, 13:23   Link #1051
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
Nothing, I just can't read Japanese.
Ohhhhh lol

Hmm, all the focus on Natsuhi in the OP has got me thinking. Sure she was important in EP1, but hmmm....will Battler lose his main character position to a MILF? xDD

Kidding, kidding. But I've always wondered what would happen if the cousins, plus Shannon and Kanon were killed First Twilight and gave the adults a full game to shine.

Plus I'm starting to remember that whole Rudolf=Rika theory that came with "I'm probably going to die tonight."
Old 2009-08-08, 14:34   Link #1052
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Well... The whole Rudolf-Rika thing sounds a little bit too much for me... My own theory for those words are:

Spoiler for EP1 spoilers:
Old 2009-08-08, 14:36   Link #1053
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Witch Drugs View Post
Well... The whole Rudolf-Rika thing sounds a little bit too much for me... My own theory for those words are:

Spoiler for EP1 spoilers:
Yes, that's a more conventional theory. But why would Rudolf and Rosa simply allow themselves to die?

Rudolf-Rika is much more hilarious anyway. xDD
Old 2009-08-08, 14:39   Link #1054
Marion
The Great Dine

I don't think you need spoilers tags for things in EP 1 and such, since this is the EP 5 thread. No one should really be in here unless they want to be majorly spoiled anyway

In any case, whole thing with what Rudolf said was odd in general. It could be taken differently - he mentioned in EP 2 on the plane that he was going to hell for what he was going to do (try and get some of the gold or something like that from Kinzo), so he could have meant it as "I'm going to be killed for the things I'm going to say and do" or something like that. Battler found it really weird, but Kyrie didn't seem too shocked by it as the anime made her appear. She even said that he was probably just saying something like that to get out of the room and not have the burden of explaining what he wants to say unless chased after it.
Old 2009-08-08, 14:40   Link #1055
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

I'm so making a fanart of Rudolf Rika... Ehh anyways, back to the first twilight theory. If the case were that Rosa and Rudolf knew they were going to die, what if they accepted it because they knew they couldn't escape? I still belive that all were the work of wither Eva, Hideyoshi, or both of them <_< They are sneaky like snakes...
Old 2009-08-08, 14:43   Link #1056
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Kyrie didn't seem too shocked by it as the anime made her appear. She even said that he was probably just saying something like that to get out of the room and not have the burden of explaining what he wants to say unless chased after it.
Maybe Kyrie simply wasn't chocked because she also knew she was going to die, but she didn't want Battler to worry about what Rudolf said?
Old 2009-08-08, 14:51   Link #1057
Volcanic
fire of fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
In any case, whole thing with what Rudolf said was odd in general. It could be taken differently - he mentioned in EP 2 on the plane that he was going to hell for what he was going to do (try and get some of the gold or something like that from Kinzo), so he could have meant it as "I'm going to be killed for the things I'm going to say and do" or something like that. Battler found it really weird, but Kyrie didn't seem too shocked by it as the anime made her appear. She even said that he was probably just saying something like that to get out of the room and not have the burden of explaining what he wants to say unless chased after it.
Yes, that's true. Rudolf is an interesting guy, to say the least

I'm starting to think that Rudolf and possibly Rosa remember what happened in previous arcs but kept it secret, but maybe only the first arc. Maybe different people remember in different arcs, and thus react and do things differently?

This would not only be interesting, it would be a lot different from Higurashi, where it was a big deal if anyone besides Rika remembered anything.

Rudolf and Rosa's lines were certainly different- it's giving me vibes of Rika in Himatsubushi-hen and Tsumihoroboshi-hen- she knew what was up, just we didn't find that out until Minagoroshi-hen.

Quote:
I'm so making a fanart of Rudolf Rika...
ROFL You must.

Quote:
I still belive that all were the work of wither Eva, Hideyoshi, or both of them <_< They are sneaky like snakes...
Sneaky like Ninjas? (ninja!Eva and ninja!Hideyoshi, ) Yeah, I've always wondered about those two during first Twilight. The only problem with this is Shannon...although Eva probably did that lol.

Quote:
Maybe Kyrie simply wasn't chocked because she also knew she was going to die, but she didn't want Battler to worry about what Rudolf said?
Rika-Kyrie, too? Yeah, something was definitely going on that arc with the parents-although maybe Krauss and Natsuhi didn't know about it?
Old 2009-08-08, 14:52   Link #1058
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Rudolf wants to be a little miko girl with Kyrie as his Satoko or Hanyuu?
Old 2009-08-08, 15:07   Link #1059
Marion
The Great Dine

There's really no sign that anybody remembers what happened to them in the past, excluding Shannon and Kanon who talked about how they kept losing and being killed early in past times (of course that entire prison thing was one giant magic scene, so I doubt it's really accurate).

Rudolf is known to be someone who exaggerates and likes talking fancy (probably to be suave towards the ladies). I wouldn't be surprised if someone was aware of all this stuff reoccurring, but that person would probably be more or less Maria, who has an actual connection to Beatrice and is a witch herself.
Old 2009-08-08, 15:41   Link #1060
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Rudolf wants to be a little miko girl with Kyrie as his Satoko or Hanyuu?
Yea, sumfin like that. And I'm on it!