AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-21, 14:26   Link #341
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
Just finished episode 3, awesome episode!

Taichi is setting up flags for Yui and Iori, and if he plays his cards right Himeko will be added to the mix. He sure has guts to imflict pain on himself just to help someone with their trauma. What a nice guy...

I want to see more of the lesbian class rep, she looks awesome.
Old 2012-07-21, 14:35   Link #342
ookamigirl

Taichi bullied by a girl...
He's really too nice for his own good.
Also, he seems to be clueless about other people's feelings about the whole body swapping ordeal.
Looks like some of them were enjoying that ordeal ^^
Boys will be boys, even when they're girls LOL
Inaba is one scary girl. Totally not to be messed with.
Yui was the weakest link, but Taichi helped her out with that.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 14:46   Link #343
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I liked the episode - a lot, actually - but I found it quite silly that Yui supposedly had no idea what a man's weak spot was. A high-school girl - and an Androphobic one with self-defense training at that - and she she needs to be shown? Sorry, not buying.

Also, any guy who would intentionally inflict that kind of pain on himself knowing he's going to be back in his body in minutes would have to be a hard-core "M". Not to mention that kind of thing can actually cause permanent damage.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 15:16   Link #344
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Also, any guy who would intentionally inflict that kind of pain on himself knowing he's going to be back in his body in minutes would have to be a hard-core "M". Not to mention that kind of thing can actually cause permanent damage.
THIS! but first onto the episode.

The episode is great and entertaining. It shows us the side of the guys and girls and also resolves the problem of Yui. Even in the beginning the simple volunteering for work would turn into a development. The boys being boys are having fun while the girls are clearly suffering.
Yui with her androphobia. I expect that rape theory would happen before her taking martial arts because I initially think that, that was her answer to it so she can defend herself but apparently being a champion in Karate but still had been into attempted rape is still worse trauma. I feel sorry for her but Tachi help him in the most painful way.

I know that the time the body return might be indefinite or had it been confirmed that it return in definite time? because that really HURTS A LOT and he maybe not thinking about it but only thinks on helping Yui but seeing it. It also hurts me

Well onto Iori. Iori is pretty silent on this episode and past episode but there are hints since the beginning that she is suffering. I only see her mother and it looks like something will happen soon.

Then their is Himeko. She acts tough and all, likes to preach but I never expect her at the end to collapse. I though that the next arc will involve Iori but not her. Indeed from what she said. Sooner or later one will be broken because of this body swap thing but didn't expect the tough one to break first. Maybe she is like Yui. Acting all tough but also sealing all the emotions inside.

I can't say much about Aoki but his a bro a real bro but he is stupid. Unlike Taichi which is clueless. Aoki realize something was off on Yui but he still pull that stunt. When I saw that scene. I knew it the boys will be busted. That was a stupid move but he corrected himself and keep on saying sorry and he won't loose

And onto Taichi which is kinda special. This whole episode and last few episode. She that he is carefree and on episode 02 we didn't expect for him to volunteer and onto vol 03. Himeko called him selfless freak.

I highlight the word M because he is like a mashocist but learning that the girls are having problem and here this selfless freak and optimist in the story seems pretty off. So I think there is more to Taichi than before a selfless freak. Maybe their is also past trauma and problem that leads to this but I can't find a clue yet aside that he is pretty out of place. Though Aoki takes it in a positive part but he himself also notice that Taichi is kinda special that he feels he can help Yui.

I just felt that this story has more meaning to it than we initially thought and its showing to us that their is more to it than what we thought about it. Like on Yui's case so I think their is also for Taichi.
Old 2012-07-21, 15:34   Link #345
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

harem building 101...

other then that and the K-On character designs, this turns out to be a fairly decent anime, VAs do an excellent and unusual job and the writer takes full advantage of the main concept
AmeNoJaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 15:50   Link #346
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Damn -- this show is good. I loved this episode. These characters have a lot more depths that I thought they would have. I'm dying to find out more about the rest of the cast now, Inaba and Iori in particular (can't say I care much for Aoki , he doesn't seem to have any issues plaguing him anyway ).

Quote:
I liked the episode - a lot, actually - but I found it quite silly that Yui supposedly had no idea what a man's weak spot was. A high-school girl - and an Androphobic one with self-defense training at that - and she she needs to be shown? Sorry, not buying.

I was telling myself the same thing. It was rather silly that she had no clue what a man's weak point is. It would have been better if she had known about it but needed to experience the pain herself in order to be convinced it works (it most definitely does...).

Taichi didn't know when he would switch back. He probably assumed the pain would subdue before he got back in his body. He was wrong. I kind of suspect our friend Heartseed had something to do with that. That was too conveniently timed. Nevertheless, he still hit way too hard. Take better care of your body, fool!
That said, I guess Taichi is a bit of a masochist. He's the kind of character who doesn't mind suffering if it can help others. He's got a hero complex.
Old 2012-07-21, 16:18   Link #347
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Kanon, any male who's ever been racked as badly as Taichi racked himself would tell you there's no effing way the pain would have subsided in anything like the interval we've been shown these switches last - in reality he'd be walking funny for a couple of days if he's lucky.
Old 2012-07-21, 16:19   Link #348
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Being snarky towards his club mates doesn't mean he doesn't like them. They are friends no matter how much they pick on each other. As for how far he went -- if they hadn't switched back for another five minutes, he wouldn't've had to experience anything but a little soreness.
It doesn't mean you have to sterilize yourself for them, though, even if the pain goes away. Also, I didn't mean to imply snarky means uncaring, it's just that he didn't seem so eager to lend a hand before. I know everyone called him clueless, but that just reinforces the sudden cliche.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 16:53   Link #349
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

FINALLY, after three episodes is only when Kokoro Connect gets this interesting.

And Inaba pushing Iori with Taichi? That's weird, especially when Inaba claims Iori is already in love with Taichi. That's pretty hard to accept, considering Iori doesn't seem to treat Taichi differently. Maybe all that "Iori is in love with you" and "Iori is on the verge of breaking down" really applies to her?

As for Yuki, well, after the latest episode, I don't mind her with either of the guys now. I don't know who's better, the more perceptive guy or the person who actually knows how to deal with you? Hmm....

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 16:57   Link #350
Somnus
Eh?

F*** me, this show is getting to be really darn good. It owned my soul for the entirety of ep 3 without hopes of letting go.

Inaba's foreshadowing is spot-on of course, and without a doubt they are going to crack sooner or later. However, if they handle it with as much finesse as they did this issue it's going to be a joy to watch (and experience the torrent of emotion). Loving the romance they're able to intertwine with the meat of the action as well.

Also, I don't care what medium it's shown in. When a man takes a hit like that, I feel the pain. Yes Yui, every guy is like that. Damn it, Superman is like that. Villains just won't do it because it's mean.

EDIT: Iori's breakdown is going to be both hard to take and potentially immensely enjoyable to experience as a whole. It looks like her mom might be getting seriously involved with someone? Definitely a push in the "total breakdown" direction.

EDIT 2:

Quote:
Though I agree with the sentiment as a whole (it didn't help they made her seem completely clueless about it), if they made it clear that she didn't know simply how much it hurt it might've worked better. Rather, in the end that's how I took it. I mean, realistically there's know way she would've known else wise and thanks to her phobia after the incident her viewpoint towards men has been strongly overwritten.

Being a black belt martial artist myself, I can tell you there is no lesson where any student was told to "aim for the guy's nuts". To be honest, during one sparring match I countered a kick in a very non-conventional way (catching it) and was scolded for it afterwards. If her lessons were anything similar, and she was able to fight back during the incident (before panic set in) she might've tried to handle as she would a sparring match. Which doesn't work at all, by the way.

Last edited by Somnus; 2012-07-21 at 19:42.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 17:10   Link #351
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Goddamit, Taichi. Why do you and your best friend have to be such boring characters? Please tell me his selflessness gets challenged at some point. Or that he would stop reminding me of Junichi Asakura.

Aside from that the episode was good. Drama was okay, comedy was funny, love the female characters...one of the better shows of the season.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 17:16   Link #352
Pen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
As for Yuki, well, after the latest episode, I don't mind her with either of the guys now. I don't know who's better, the more perceptive guy or the person who actually knows how to deal with you? Hmm....
Whos yuki again?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 17:48   Link #353
Elestia

You've created a monster Taichi!

This show just keeps getting better by the episode.
Old 2012-07-21, 18:24   Link #354
HandofFate

I still think the "hey you can kick guys in the balls" "Oh cool" was a really thin solution.

But I guess its better than having it dragged out especially since its such a 'forced' traumatic event for the sake of having something traumatic happen to a girl.

Hopefully Inaba or Iori's thing is more original and interesting.

And I rather have Yui end up with Aoki since he's been after her for a while.

Iori w. Taichi

and Inaba is shared with everyone else.

Shipping Wars Go!
Old 2012-07-21, 18:28   Link #355
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

In terms of the shipping war isn't Tachi ahead of the polls, to say the least.

I mean Iori and by this episode Yui have an interesting in him. Himeko seems to give off hints, but that's pretty refutable right now.

So Aoki's out of the loop, that's to be expected because he hasn't even created a flag with anyone as of right now, including the girl he's after.

So in essence, Tachi has two rivals (Aoki and the class rep) who like Yui and Iori respectively.

Last edited by Kirito; 2012-07-21 at 18:39.
Kirito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 18:30   Link #356
Pen3

Well if Aoki had to give Yui up for somebody else i bet he would pick Taichi of all people. At least he knows she will be in good hands and he wont miss treat her.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 18:41   Link #357
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Well if Aoki had to give Yui up for somebody else i bet he would pick Taichi of all people. At least he knows she will be in good hands and he wont miss treat her.
As of right now, I highly doubt he will give up on Yui even if Tachi made a flag with her...which I'm positive he did. It's still early, and he showed a bit of his mature side this episode, so things can change for him if he plays his cards right.
Old 2012-07-21, 20:18   Link #358
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Whos yuki again?
I blame my typing. You knew perfectly well who I was talking about.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 20:38   Link #359
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:

Well... it's one thing to be told that that's the way to disable a man. Quite another to actually experience the pain and understand how effective it is.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 20:40   Link #360
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
Well... it's one thing to be told that that's the way to disable a man. Quite another to actually experience the pain and understand how effective it is.
And that was the counter argument I included in my blog post, because I figured someone would use it! But I'm still not close to buying it.

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life