AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2013-04-10, 10:34   Link #2821
shalala

Why did Katagiri look sad? Also did anyone else notice the Renshi amour? Why didn't Isshin report that he was attacked by a shinigami.
shalala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 10:38   Link #2822
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Why did Katagiri look sad? Also did anyone else notice the Renshi amour? Why didn't Isshin report that he was attacked by a shinigami.
I think he told them off-screen. The only thing he left out of his report is Masaki's involvement.
Old 2013-04-10, 13:18   Link #2823
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She's only met Ryuken and Urahara, that's hardly everyone. It was obvious she had to know them since Isshin does.
Depends on how you put it really, she's had a "run in" with Aizen and co as well imo.
The characters she's bumped into so far are some of the big boys to the story.
I can understand Jame's jest at Misaki's role in the story now

As much as I want to see how all this goes, I don't want this to drag for too long which it probably has already.
As long as we get some more interactions between Isshin and other shinigami then I'm ok with the pace.
Old 2013-04-10, 14:52   Link #2824
ChampDream
Alive

so now is Masaki going to meet Urahara? I wonder what will happen next, will Isshin try and go meet Masaki again? or will Aizen start the plan to make baby Ichigo a reality?
Old 2013-04-10, 15:06   Link #2825
sayde

I like how this chapter pretty much echoed many of the same sentiments I've been claiming with regards to Aizen and his little experiment here--that being, he's awesome at finding the silver lining in everything and that this whole outcome was nothing more than a fortunate coincidence. Anyways, I hope Kubo's able to conclude this flashback fairly soon. Because now I'm just excited to see how Aizen's going to become relevant again.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 16:11   Link #2826
Alchemist007
*Author

Urahara the creeper creepin about
Old 2013-04-10, 17:40   Link #2827
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Why did Katagiri look sad?
Because she's hot for wakasama as much as Masaki's classmates are, and knows that he is saddened by Masaki's clear attraction to this shinigami captain.

Quote:
Why didn't Isshin report that he was attacked by a shinigami.
Assuming he didn't, it's probably so that the Gotei 13 doesn't go snooping around the city and find (and exterminate) that cute Quincy schoolgirl that just saved his ass.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-04-10 at 17:54.
quigonkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 17:59   Link #2828
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Depends on how you put it really, she's had a "run in" with Aizen and co as well imo.
The characters she's bumped into so far are some of the big boys to the story.
I can understand Jame's jest at Misaki's role in the story now
I would understand if it were any other character, but Masaki's role was to be expected. She's the virgin Mary to Ichigo's Jessus. Everything we're seeing now has been hinted at a long time ago. The lack of surprises is actually a bit boring. All we're getting are confirmations of what we already suspected. I hope Kubo will spice things up soon.
Old 2013-04-10, 18:10   Link #2829
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What are you confused about exactly? This story takes place around 20 years ago. It's not surprising for the two of them to be captains.

I was thinking of where Isshin would fit in TBTP
Old 2013-04-10, 18:47   Link #2830
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I was thinking of where Isshin would fit in TBTP
He could have been anywhere, even alive. He could have died an adult, decided almost immediately to become a shinigami and shot his way through the ranks. Or he could have died as a child, lived in Rukongai for a time and then decided to become a shinigami. Or he could have died as a child and decided immediately to become a shinigami. Or, I think you get the idea.
Old 2013-04-10, 20:16   Link #2831
Langus
Optimus Prime

Hmmm another interesting installment. Of course Aizen has his "just as planned" moment, but at least we have one more clue about who the shinigami was that created "White". The fact that they're dead helps a lot, as does (I think) Tousen's uncharacteristically emotional outburst. My guess is the shinigami they used to create "White" is Tousen's old friend who was shown as being dead and buried in the SS arc.
Old 2013-04-10, 20:23   Link #2832
itachi-san314

^that makes sense. she was white too. it's a bit lame though. kubo should just stop mentioning tousen. his character is awful and is capable of turning anything into mediocrity
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-10, 21:05   Link #2833
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
LOL, little miss Masaki is meeting everyone isn't she? Next we're going to find out that Shinji babysat her as a child (and Hiyori was her best friend growing up), plus she knew Grimmjow before he died and became a Hollow, and Kūgo Ginjō was her first boyfriend. Etc.
Really everybody she's running into is logical, if you think about it. Aizen has his hands in everything, like it or not, so it was hardly surprising he'd be involved. Urahara is almost as bad (if not worse), and is actually based on Earth, with a known (if present) connection to Isshin, so he's even less surprising. The only real surprise is that she's a Quincy (which really wasn't that surprising when you realize Ichigo was part of every race seen in the series so far except Quincy), so her knowing Ryuuken is hardly farfetched either.

It's fairly "convenient" that Ichigo has all these connections to all the non-human types, but once you get past that, Masaki's relative paucity of connections is hardly surprising. The only "convenient" truth revealed in this so far that seems a stretch is that Isshin was a Shiba, but even that was foreshadowed well enough for me to guess it before the reveal.
Old 2013-04-10, 22:04   Link #2834
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
I think that one thing’s pretty obvious on this forum; people love complaining.

I seriously do not understand the hate on this one. This is one of the best chapters in Bleach for a very long time. Kubo is finally tying up the loose strings, and in such a way to make it appear both logical and interesting at the same time.
Old 2013-04-11, 01:16   Link #2835
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
I think that one thing’s pretty obvious on this forum; people love complaining.

I seriously do not understand the hate on this one. This is one of the best chapters in Bleach for a very long time. Kubo is finally tying up the loose strings, and in such a way to make it appear both logical and interesting at the same time.
I think for most of us it's just nitpicking, which—let's face it—is easy to do with Bleach. I agree that this current flashback is some of the best of the series since the original SS Arc, and while I do kind of shake my head at Kubo's insistence that Ichigo be part human, part Shinigami (from one of the Noble Houses, even), part Hollow/Visored/Arrancar, part Fullbring, and now part Quincy, pretty much everything about this arc is internally consistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Wasn't this a long time before Tousen became a Shinigami?
I really doubt, that the souls are around for so long, to be used in an experiment. IMHO the friend of Tousen should have been reborn as a human long ago at this moment in the story.
I was thinking the same thing, myself. If it's a known dead Shinigami, it's one that died recently. My money's on one of the Kuchiki patriarchs. It's not surprising that Ginrei would be dead by this point (he was ancient even by Shinigami standards 100 years ago), but Byakuya's papa should have still been around.

...If it's not just some hapless, random, unnamed Shinigami, of course.

Last edited by quigonkenny; 2013-04-11 at 02:29.
Old 2013-04-11, 03:51   Link #2836
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Really everybody she's running into is logical, if you think about it. Aizen has his hands in everything, like it or not, so it was hardly surprising he'd be involved. Urahara is almost as bad (if not worse), and is actually based on Earth, with a known (if present) connection to Isshin, so he's even less surprising. The only real surprise is that she's a Quincy (which really wasn't that surprising when you realize Ichigo was part of every race seen in the series so far except Quincy), so her knowing Ryuuken is hardly farfetched either.
it's funny how it was a long running joke that he was a quincy... a well let's just deal with it. but yea, i agree the people she met aren't exactly breathtaking and are actually pretty obvious when you boil down what must have happened with ichigo's genetics. the weirdness for me is the timeline and Isshin knowing toshiro and rangiku like that... i'll never get over that randomness. he still seems like more of a royal guard type character. him fitting in as captain of squad 10 just doesnt do it for me
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 08:24   Link #2837
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Remember when Ichigo turned into a Hollow to fight Ulquiorra? When he was almost finished he started attacking Ishida for no reason who was a Quincy just like Masaki in the previous chapter.
Mad Pierrot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 13:32   Link #2838
dragonmeister
Terror of the Seas

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaterasu4 View Post
Remember when Ichigo turned into a Hollow to fight Ulquiorra? When he was almost finished he started attacking Ishida for no reason who was a Quincy just like Masaki in the previous chapter.
I thought that was because Ishida stopped him from finishing Ulquiorra off, and did so by moving to attack him - the instinctual hollow was trying to protect itself and finish its mission (protecting Inoue by removing the threat that Ulquiorra presented)
dragonmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-11, 16:01   Link #2839
Alchemist007
*Author

Yeah I don't think Uryuu was targeted because of his affiliation. He had to stick his face in and keep insisting before he got shishkebab'd.
Old 2013-04-11, 17:42   Link #2840
Casshern

Wow, did Ichigonator really enter Masaki's bloodstream like Aizen said in Alchemist's comic? I think I'll just wait for Alchemist's version next time because it's more to the point with less wasted panels, and takes about the same amount of time as Kubo's to read anyway.

These chapters reminds me of the animosity between Ryuken and Isshin at the beginning of the series. I remember we were joking years ago that maybe there was some woman between them. Anyway, Ichigonator was interesting but this lovestory with Masaki and Isshin is boring imo. I hope Kubo starts moving the plot quickly (fat chance).

I'm wondering if Inoue could be Ichigo's twin sister and the parents we heard about in the beginning only adopted her.
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter