AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2010-10-17, 20:54   Link #27441
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicoX View Post
10 minutes. No beta. Complaints go to the OCC department. Damn it, OCC.

Spoiler for Face Hug:
... I finally get my internet issues all squared away and get back on ASuki, and the first thing I read here is this.

God dammit.

Page claim for not needing sleep tonight.
Old 2010-10-17, 22:36   Link #27442
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Just saying, if Arf dies because of this, I kick Fate's ass.

I do remember you mentioning at one point that you wanted to work in a Precia/Fate similarity, and you did quite an excellent job here. Really, it almost made me cry and give the poor kid a hug, because she's so torn up about it inside.

I do want to argue, though, that Fate's reasoning is slightly flawed; most likely because her emotions are out of whack over the situation, but the Nanoha she brought back, at her core, is no different from the Nanoha that died. I just think it's kind of unfair of her to make that comparison when you consider the kind of situation Nanoha is in; it's not like she's notably different from the Nanoha that died (unlike Fate, who as we know was blatantly different from Alicia), it's just that her whole world has been turned upside down by what Fate did. So, I do seem some flaw in Fate's logic there, but then again, I doubt Fate is really thinking logically right now.
LOL! You better not see some of my proposed endings then!

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it ^^. A lot of thanks to Alavon, since she helped me work out some versions of this--my first two versions were very much darker and nastier .

Yeah, this Interlude was supposed to come right after Chapter 3, where Fate's pain at Nanoha's rejection is still very fresh (and Nanoha is still angry at Fate, and potentially suicidal ). Moving it back to Chapter 5 makes the whole thing a little less melodramatic, and hopefully lets people think "Hold on there, Fate, there's a light at the end of the tunnel!"

Yeah, Fate's not thinking too logically right now... At the same time, no one knows what Nanoha is like (even Nanoha doesn't know what Nanoha is like ), so whether or not Fate is on the dot remains to be seen .

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Of course Fate won't be exactly like Precia until she starts whipping Nanoha.
True, but I'm interpreting Fate as fearing that by even sinking into the same mindset as Precia could possibly have her slip... Since this is when she's only 12, not that long after the whole Jewel Seeds incident, Fate hasn't had much time to become comfortable with herself, and dealing with the whole Precia/Alicia thing. She's more frightened that like Precia, she would be willing to go so far for someone she loves...where's the limit, when you're willing to break the law so easily?

But yeah, you're right, I don't think Fate would be whipping Nanoha anytime soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Aw, poor Fate... well, don't worry sweetie. Until you start trying to use your current Nanoha to get back a 'correct' Nanoha and torturing her for failure, you're not your mother. Plus, she sorta did get back the right Nanoha, just one who's angry and confused, but I doubt Fate has the presence of mind to recognize that at the moment.
Yup ^^. Of course, who knows if it's the right Nanoha? Being the first of a kind means that no one has any background knowledge to draw on .

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiroi mahotsukai View Post
Curse all of you, now I have a disturbing mental image. Good chapter though, if Fate becomes the same as Precia does that mean she will meet the same end? That would be really sad (although admittedly less so if she starts torturing people).

PS: Sicne it was Fate, it was a yellow electro-whip.
.......now that's an ending I hadn't thought about! Now I have one more possible ending, hehehe....
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 23:12   Link #27443
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Spoiler for MD Forty... something:

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Yasanagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 02:40   Link #27444
vic-vic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Hm, smackdown between Precia and Rai-chan could be a interesting show to watch. Moreover if Precia would be in a good condition - where she can hold her ground against Rai-chan (they both sadistic). Absolutely hilarious could be if they befriend each other in the process...

Rai-chan: Momma!!
Precia: *Who cares about Alicia i have such lovely murderous and beautifully sadistic daughter* Rai-chan!!!
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 05:20   Link #27445
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Spoiler for The Erebus Factor - Chapter 2; Scalpel and Sledgehammer:

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 06:46   Link #27446
Megaolix

Quote:
Hmmm... Isn't that kinda counter-productive for not killing people? Because if that hole doesn't get sealed fast...
Old 2010-10-18, 07:49   Link #27447
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Send a message via AIM to 00-Raiser
Quote:
If Rai remembers Precia, shouldn't she also know that she's already dead?

EDIT: Please visit my profile for a very important poll.

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2010-10-18 at 09:08.
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 09:33   Link #27448
SNobleJr
\m/,

Quote:
I'm not on FF.net, so I can't vote there, but I say keep going. I don't follow all your stories, so I can't comment on everything, but you've written some pretty good stuff in my opinion.

Not to mention I'm interested in eventually seeing the Teana- and Deed-centric shorts you mentioned a while ago. (It was you who did, right?)
Old 2010-10-18, 09:52   Link #27449
vic-vic

Quote:

Hey, don`t be discouraged by trolls and yuri-fanatics, you`re have my full support.

P.S. I voted.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 09:55   Link #27450
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Well, I'm going to vote no doubt, but I'm also going to be rather honest here: asking us whether or not you should continue to write isn't really the best thing. Do I want you to keep writing? Oh, hell yes. But does that mean that you want to keep writing? That's the thing I think you need to consider.
Old 2010-10-18, 09:57   Link #27451
Moczo
"Hey, Isaac?"
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Moczo
Quote:
Went. Voted.

If you want to stop, that's your business. Fanfiction is a hobby and nobody can tell you to keep it if you're not enjoying yourself. But personally, I think you should keep going.
Moczo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 10:07   Link #27452
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Blurry memories, remember?

Quote:
I don't have an account, can I just say "keep going as long as you enjoyed it" here? It's not like I'm a fanatic of any particular ship anyway...
Old 2010-10-18, 10:45   Link #27453
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNobleJr View Post
Not to mention I'm interested in eventually seeing the Teana- and Deed-centric shorts you mentioned a while ago. (It was you who did, right?)
Yeah, that was me. Those are on the back burner for now, but if you search through my VMs with OZ7UP you can find part of the Deed one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Well, I'm going to vote no doubt, but I'm also going to be rather honest here: asking us whether or not you should continue to write isn't really the best thing. Do I want you to keep writing? Oh, hell yes. But does that mean that you want to keep writing? That's the thing I think you need to consider.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moczo View Post
Went. Voted.

If you want to stop, that's your business. Fanfiction is a hobby and nobody can tell you to keep it if you're not enjoying yourself. But personally, I think you should keep going.
Well after another weekend full of people hating on me, I need a bit of positive reinforcement.

Apparently I'm destroying the fandom, I'm responsible for AS's bad reputation, everyone hates me, and I ruin everything so I should disappear. Kinda can't refute that last point since every time I open my mouth people take issue and flame wars result. Me keeping quiet would certainly make things more peaceful as evident with Nanochan.

Anyways, with this poll I'll have something concrete to go by. For those who say everyone hates my work and wants me gone, I'll be able to point to the results and say "That says otherwise."

I appreciate the support.

Last edited by 00-Raiser; 2010-10-18 at 10:56.
00-Raiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 11:03   Link #27454
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Apparently I'm destroying the fandom, I'm responsible for AS's bad reputation, everyone hates me, and I ruin everything so I should disappear. Kinda can't refute that last point since every time I open my mouth people take issue and flame wars result. Me keeping quiet would certainly make things more peaceful as evident with Nanochan.

Anyways, with this poll I'll have something concrete to go by. For those who say everyone hates my work and wants me gone, I'll be able to point to the results and say "That says otherwise."

Sadly, that comes with the fandom. As I said, you've been good to us, and that came with a sad price of being labelled as something you don't deserve. I've learnt during my times in... various places that being amiable and rational doesn't always do good to others who don't care.

And AS always had a bad reputation to... them. It's been that way for a long time, thanks to the Original Characters Thread, which... back when things were a little awkward here as well, was the haven for the more open-minded ones. Things have changed nicely though. Frankly, you're actually elevating away that reputation by attaching your name to it. Trolls are more prone to just verbally abusing you now.

Nanya's hotblooded fury of typing and name-attaching... It was a great thing he did in support of you, ( and to lessen your scapegoating ). Now I'm worried for him too, but I guess that thread won't last long.

I love your work, and I would like you to keep writing, but if you're stressed up, or feeling the brunt of abuse, it's alright to stop, or take a break. We're a niche community even within the Nanoha side of things, and it's bad to be driven by something other than love and passion for what you're doing. Do it because you enjoy it. There are a lot of haters, but know that said haters are also hypocrites that download the doujins you put your effort to scanlating. And frankly, those few haters are probably the same old anyway. Having being in such fruitless arguments many times before, I can tell that there's one or 2 guys who keeps repeating the same 'style' of argument, over at /u/, /a/, /m/ and whatnot.

There's always AnimeSuki, which frankly, is a great community. everyone hating here ends up coming here for the spoilers anyway.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 11:12   Link #27455
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
Well after another weekend full of people hating on me, I need a bit of positive reinforcement.

I didn't even know AnimeSuki had a bad reputation!

Hey, I like your comments--may not always agree with them (and indeed, we disagree often! ), but they're always well thought out and quite interesting to consider, and prompt me to re-look over something to see if my opinion has changed.

Quote:

The simple fact that they say "everyone", which is never the case in the real world, should indicate that what they say is thoughtless and wrong in the first place .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
There's always AnimeSuki, which frankly, is a great community. everyone hating here ends up coming here for the spoilers anyway.
Ah, irony is life .
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 11:17   Link #27456
00-Raiser
Burst Mode
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
The simple fact that they say "everyone", which is never the case in the real world, should indicate that what they say is thoughtless and wrong in the first place .
Heh if they don't say 'everyone' they say the majority of the fanbase, aka all the NanoFate fans, and that any non-NanoFate fans consists of just me and thus aren't worth considering. Cuz, ya know, it's so obvious that NanoFate is canon, so anyone who disagrees must be trolling.

Also, yeah, AS has treated me well, but apparently there are those here who report my posts in an attempt to get me banned, so yeah... Thankfully the mods generally ignore those.
Old 2010-10-18, 11:20   Link #27457
SNobleJr
\m/,

Quote:
Yeah, that was me. Those are on the back burner for now, but if you search through my VMs with OZ7UP you can find part of the Deed one.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out. I'll check it out soon.
Old 2010-10-18, 11:30   Link #27458
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

And adding on to what Justin Brett commented in the Image Thread... well, it is true, somewhat. I believe Nanya of all people is aware it's a bad idea, but he was probably just enraged, because frankly, the 'combined effort' of defaming 00-Raiser in that particular thread was more concentrated ( yet just as repetitive ) than normal.

Really, 00-Raiser, the 'everyone' so-often cited, are probably a few bunch of the same old trolls who keeps asking for your ban, gb2animesucki, ferretfags, etc. Heck, I'm quite confident they have their 'replies' copied on a notepad file somewhere or something, because I know that most of the writing style, grammar and attitude of the arguments are very very consistent across 4chan. VERY consistent.

While there are probably 5 of us who were trying to get a different point of view across there, I'd wager it's roughly the same amount ( +2 or +3 more maybe ) on the other side who were being immature trolls who are 'right.' And the others are those who facepalm and just stopped bothering once things went to the gutter.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 11:51   Link #27459
Nanya01
Left for TFF
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Nanya01
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Nanya's hotblooded fury of typing and name-attaching... It was a great thing he did in support of you, ( and to lessen your scapegoating ). Now I'm worried for him too, but I guess that thread won't last long.
*shrugs* I'm not worried about their thoughts to me. I'm just sick of how people scapegoat Raiser for no good reason.

My fics Due to certain things, I am not here, find me over on TFF.
Nanya01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 13:10   Link #27460
shiroi mahotsukai
Under Death by College
*Author

People that are willing to sink to that level have problems, whether it's something personal or not they could at least have the sense of self-restraint if not the decency to refrain form whining and make life hell for people who happen to do something that disagrees with their opiions.

The internet I suppose is just perfect for those people, nobody knows who you really are so they can't do anything.

Don't be left in despair by people like those Raiser, it just isn't worth it. I voted in your poll and I'd like to let it be known that you're winning. That's all i have to say on the matter.

Nanya, that is a great view to hold, there's nothing better than someone who doesn't care, you can win a lot of arguments that way(believe me I know) when the other side only has insults to throw.
"There are no winners or losers, there are only the living and the dead."
shiroi mahotsukai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha