AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-28, 03:21   Link #1261
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by raile View Post
Hell. That's even the name of the official soundtrack to be released.
Yes... It's actually the name of the song Sayonara no Tsubasa - End of triangle (aka the title of the movie).

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-02-28, 03:21   Link #1262
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
Yes... It's actually the name of the song Sayonara no Tsubasa - End of triangle (aka the title of the movie).
Well, dreamers will deny.
Old 2011-02-28, 03:26   Link #1263
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMeKags View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-02-28, 03:29   Link #1264
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

So, it's Ranka as a maid to serve him during breakfast, Sheryl as a date partner in the afternoon and Cathy as <use your imagination here> at night?

Woah.

But where's Klan?
Old 2011-02-28, 03:31   Link #1265
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by solothurn View Post
So, it's Ranka as a maid to serve him during breakfast, Sheryl as a date partner in the afternoon and Cathy as <use your imagination here> at night?

Woah.
That's what I think he was implying. I don't know about maid... but it's more innocent... and platonic I hope. Unless this was part of the infamous false interviews. Can anyone corroborate it?

Old 2011-02-28, 03:32   Link #1266
moncikoma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragaki View Post
I wouldn't say all of them were unhappy. I looked through quite a few comments and blogs, and the obvious AruSherri fans were satisfied with the ending. They, like some of us here, considered it to be hopeful or beautiful.
glad to hear that...

i think i will become happy too after i watch it, but now i am still pissed
because
Spoiler for still:

how about the sales?
hopefully because of the nendoroid promotion, + because it is a Final movie.... the sales is smooth, so ... kawamori should have more budget to create even a bigger project for the 30th anniversarry in 2012, more superb animation and more musics from yoko kanno..
Old 2011-02-28, 03:37   Link #1267
solothurn
銀河妖精親衛隊・隊長

@Thess:

More innocent? How about taking her to school in the morning like a siscon bro is supposed to do?
Old 2011-02-28, 03:39   Link #1268
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Though he did express in the series ending interview that he preferred ending the series different this time and breaking his pattern by choosing Ranka. Then Yoshino butted in. I remember watching this on the news and someone translated it. I was really shocked and disgusted by the ending.

Honestly, Yoshino pressured Kawamori in that one.

But then again, also remember that things in Japan are WAY more expensive than various parts of the world. Japan is stated to be one of the (I think it was) 3 countries that are very hard to live in when dealing with money. After all, a book in Japan is 3,000 yen, which is $30 USA dollars! I understand his logic in ending with the fan preferred couple to gain money. After all, he NEEDS it.

But I hope he does something for AruRan fans on the Blu-Ray release. After all, he does love Ranka and did want his TV series ending to be with AruRan to change his pattern.

For the series... I blame Yoshino for breaking his pattern of endings, honestly. He WANTED to change but no one seemed to like that. It's like stopping Harry Potter in the middle...
Seriously...unless you've read the original script with your own eyes for the TV series or you were there in the planning or if you're Kawamori's BFF, don't go around saying things like facts.

And you watched this on the news?

Sigh.

Oh well, at least the 'logic' here isn't as crazy as the one in a certain Bleach forum.
Old 2011-02-28, 03:47   Link #1269
Thess

Quote:
Though he did express in the series ending interview that he preferred ending the series different this time and breaking his pattern by choosing Ranka. Then Yoshino butted in. I remember watching this on the news and someone translated it. I was really shocked and disgusted by the ending.
Um. Where?

The only thing it was released about the triangle ending is, fact, that once Alto realizes his feelings he'll move in "a big way". That was before episode 17 release: Read this.

/snips

...Implying Kawamori needs money desperately.

Quote:
But I hope he does something for AruRan fans on the Blu-Ray release. After all, he does love Ranka and did want his TV series ending to be with AruRan to change his pattern.

For the series... I blame Yoshino for breaking his pattern of endings, honestly. He WANTED to change but no one seemed to like that. It's like stopping Harry Potter in the middle...
That'll come out with the special featured DYRL BluRay with Hikaru choosing Minmay, who is THE iconic Macross character. Or Basara settling down with Mylenne, instead of chasing space whales.

This is kind offtopic. Can we move this to romance in Macross?

Old 2011-02-28, 03:54   Link #1270
moncikoma

kawamori doesnt need money.. he is rich already
i wonder how much he get for this macross frontier...>.<
Old 2011-02-28, 03:55   Link #1271
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
I just think that if Kawamori wanted to do something special for his 25th Macross anniversary, it would be to change his ways and choose the GIRL for once instead of the woman. And he didn't. So, to me, I'm done with any series regarding his works.
Pedophilia FTW?
Old 2011-02-28, 03:58   Link #1272
Thess

Quote:
I just think that if Kawamori wanted to do something special for his 25th Macross anniversary, it would be to change his ways and choose the GIRL for once instead of the woman. And he didn't. So, to me, I'm done with any series regarding his works.
I think you missed the point. MF was full of nostalgia references for die hard fans and to attract new blood. If he wanted to do something groundbreaking, he wouldn't have included all those tributes.

Macross Plus is groundbreaking, Macross Frontier is not.

Old 2011-02-28, 03:58   Link #1273
moncikoma

Quote:
Spoiler for ...er:
mee too... cathy is too bad she's just minor chara
Old 2011-02-28, 04:04   Link #1274
Dash_Hunter

What's with the Yoshino's vision and Kawamori's vision?

Yoshino wrote the TV series but he also wrote the movies, of course Kawamori checked and approved everything, the only detail is that we know that it was Yoshino's idea to not resolve the triangle in the tv series because he commented about it.
It's never stated that he convinced or influenced kawamori to change something else, so I don't know why the tv series has suddenly become Yoshino's vision, in the end it's kawamori who says what pass and what not.
Old 2011-02-28, 04:05   Link #1275
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by dash_hunter View Post
what's with the yoshino's vision and kawamori's vision?

Yoshino wrote the tv series but he also wrote the movies, of course kawamori checked and approved everything, the only detail is that we know that it was yoshino's idea to not resolve the triangle in the tv series because he commented about it.
It's never stated that he convinced or influenced kawamori to change something else, so i don't know why the tv series has suddenly become yoshino's vision, in the end it's kawamori who says what pass and what not.
This indeed.
Old 2011-02-28, 04:10   Link #1276
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
What's with the Yoshino's vision and Kawamori's vision?

Yoshino wrote the TV series but he also wrote the movies, of course Kawamori checked and approved everything, the only detail is that we know that it was Yoshino's idea to not resolve the triangle in the tv series because he commented about it.
It's never stated that he convinced or influenced kawamori to change something else, so I don't know why the tv series has suddenly become Yoshino's vision, in the end it's kawamori who says what pass and what not.
Well, according to Yot-chan if IIRC (do rectify me), Kawamori had other plans for episode 25 (including resolving the triangle), but ultimately let him do that (Yoshino thought Alto was too dense and lacked self awareness to decide?). While movie wise is different. This is what I mean mostly...

Old 2011-02-28, 04:36   Link #1277
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Well, according to Yot-chan if IIRC (do rectify me), Kawamori had other plans for episode 25 (including resolving the triangle), but ultimately let him do that (Yoshino thought Alto was too dense and lacked self awareness to decide?). While movie wise is different.
I think Yot-chan got that from an interview with Yoshino, and if it is then I read that one too.

Yoshino says that he decided to not resolve the love triangle in the last episode and that kawamori was not sure about that but in the end he let Yoshino do it.
It was later at the Budokan live concert where kawamori was looking at May'n and megumi singing together that Yoshino approached Kawamori and told him "it was a good idea to not have a winner right?" (i don't remember it word by word) and kawamori agreed.
But that's the only thing we know that Yoshino convinced kawamori to do, nothing else.

Saying that one is Yoshino's vision and the other kawamori's one gives the feeling that the series were not made by or with kawamori and that the movies were, which I really think it's not the case here, both projects are what kawamori wanted them to be.
Old 2011-02-28, 04:41   Link #1278
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
Saying that one is Yoshino's vision and the other kawamori's gives the feeling that the series was not made by or with kawamori and that the movies were, which I really think it's not the case here, both projects are what kawamori wanted them to be.
I agree with this in part. It just seemed like they wanted to end it with the movies in the end.

I actually liked the TV series ending better.

Old 2011-02-28, 05:02   Link #1279
magnuskn

Quote:
I know I shouldn't, since you told me to move this to the Ranka fanclub... but it involves the movie universe,

Spoiler for final words about Ranka/Sheryl/Alto alone.:
Dude, honestly,put it in the Ranka or romance threads, we can discuss there.
Old 2011-02-28, 05:04   Link #1280
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Back to the target, there is NO ONE rich in Japan except the major! This being said, every bit of money that Kawamori gets, he has to pay the studio first, then his helpers, and finally his bills. What's left over? Not much when you consider yen and USA dollars. Like I said, Japan is a high rated, underpaid country. It's part of the reason why I'd prefer to live HERE in the USA.
You know... I was utterly astonished by this statement. Egads. So you think "Kawamori is the director so allllllll the munny gets to him. And he has to pay the productions! I mean all of them!!"?

Try a better reasoning, dearie. As far as I can recall, the budget didn't come from Kawamori--it was from a whole committee for Macross F production. Seriously. Kawamori gets quite a share of his fortune (royalty prolly) since Macross is his love child though, but I'm not gonna think technicalities.

Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song