AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 71 42.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 20.48%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 12.05%
7 out of 10 : Good 19 11.45%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.22%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 3.61%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 2.41%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 1.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.60%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.60%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-18, 06:39   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Angel Beats! - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Angel Beats!, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-06-18, 14:06   Link #2
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Whoa. Extremely confusing without subs (wordy ep), so I'll just give a quick overview:

The fighters of the SSS decide to help Yuri, along with Kanade. 5-dan is also back, and he sure lost some weight from that mountain training. The others, like GDM, decided to give them their best regards, and then proceeded to disappear.

Yuri, making her way to the lowest level of the underground, gets ambushed by lots of shadows. She meets Chaa, they have a nice chat, and then he gave her his last weapon before proceeding to disappear.

Moving along further down, she gets overwhelmed by the shadows and gets momentarily turned into an NPC. Luckily, Otonashi, Hinata, Naoi and Kanade were able to get to her in time. The five of them then push on, with Kanade making quick work of a mass of shadows with her Psionic Storm. Khassar'Detemplari...

At the lowest level of the underground, Yuri finds a room full of computers all running the Angel Player program. In this room is a man, who was apparently the one who was playing God. They have some deep discussion, and it probably ended up in Yuri rejecting his suggestions leading to her going berserk and destroying all the computers. After this, the man is nowhere to be found, though a lone functioning computer monitor is left standing.

Then, Yuri goes on and reminisces about her sisters, eventually losing consciousness after a while. She wakes up at the school infirmary with Otonashi, Hinata, Naoi and Kanade by her side. Also, we get a new ED pic this ep.

Hope the subs make much more sense of this, and here's to hoping that next episode ties together things nicely. Only thing I'm disappointed in so far is that Chaa didn't get to have any notable action scenes at all in the anime. Such a waste, since he was such a badass in Track Zero.
Old 2010-06-18, 15:00   Link #3
Key Board
Carbon

Her conversation with Kaworu Nagisa in a gist

Q: Are you God?
A: I'm not sure whether a God exist or not.

Q: How does Angel Player work?
A: I don't know. I'm not that well versed in programming.

Q: What is Angel Player?
A: Angel Player is a software that can manipulate this world in a way a computer program would

Q: Did you create the Angel Player software?
A: No, but an acquaintance of mine did

Q: Where is that person now
A: That person used Angel Player to turn himself into an NPC. This is the phenomenon that is also happening right now everywhere else.

Q: Why did he do that?
A: That person waited and waited for the love of his life to appear in this world. Eventually he got tired of waiting and was driven mad. Even know he walks among the NPC

Q: Why are you unleashing this program on this world?
A: As you know, this is a world in which people graduate from it after attaining inner peace. But occasionally there are people who hang around for too long. With this program the world will "reset"

Q: With so much power, why not just become God of this world?
A: I suppose that may be possible, but I neither have the motive or the will to do that. But how about you?

It is at this point that Yuri goes crazy and decides to become God of the world...

not

Instead she chooses to destroy all the computers. When she is done, she notices that Kaworu Nagisa has vanished. He probably passed on after realizing there is nothing left to do in this world.
Old 2010-06-18, 15:09   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yuri was cute in this episode. Her last name was revealed: Nakamura.

The first half of the episode was very good. The remaining members of Girls DeMO and most of the guild disappear after saying goodbye to Otonashi; only the key members of SSS are left, and we get some pretty cool action against the shadows (TK! Wooo!). Matsushida 5-dan is ridiculously strong now

The second half... Yuri's self-introspection sequence was pretty good. Nothing original. But after this... remember Matrix reloaded? Yeah, that's pretty much what this felt like. Kaworu came out of nowhere and disappeared just as fast. With only one episode left, I doubt we'll learn more about him or the creator of Angel player. Honestly, I would have rather had episodes focusing on the characters than this. Great development for Yuri in this arc though, so it's not so bad. She was in desperate need of screentime.

Otonashi disappears next episode, and I'm guessing the other members of SSS will follow him. But what about Kanade? I hope their "romance" gets resolved.
Old 2010-06-18, 15:13   Link #5
Key Board
Carbon

The next episode will probably be about Kanade's still unknown past
Old 2010-06-18, 15:27   Link #6
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Q: Did you create the Angel Player software?
A: No, but an acquaintance of mine did

Q: Where is that person now
A: That person used Angel Player to turn himself into an NPC. This is the phenomenon that is also happening right now everywhere else.

Q: Why did he do that?
A: That person waited and waited for the love of his life to appear in this world. Eventually he got tired of waiting and was driven mad. Even know he walks among the NPC.
It could be that the creator of Angel Player is related to Kanade in some way. She could be the one who that person was waiting for, or the creator could be her herself (the NPC conversion may have had started wearing off somehow).
Old 2010-06-18, 16:09   Link #7
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

It was so bad I was left completely drained of energy.
So a new character out of nowhere with a very dull personality appears... and now is gone? Seriously? This isn't April Fool's Day, so don't joke around like that. Oh, it isn't a joke...? (;;; O_O)

And yeah, some characters disappear. But wow, am I left asking whether there was any point in them.

Haa... Well, let's see how the last episode goes.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-06-18, 16:09   Link #8
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Block View Post

Moving along further down, she gets overwhelmed by the shadows and gets momentarily turned into an NPC. Luckily, Otonashi, Hinata, Naoi and Kanade were able to get to her in time. The five of them then push on, with Kanade making quick work of a mass of shadows with her Psionic Storm.
Woot, finally research was complete

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-06-18, 16:12   Link #9
bombyethan1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
It was so bad I was left completely drained of energy.
So a new character out of nowhere with a very dull personality appears... and now is gone? Seriously? This isn't April Fool's Day, so don't joke around like that. Oh, it isn't a joke...? (;;; O_O)

And yeah, some characters disappear. But wow, am I left asking whether there was any point in them.

Haa... Well, let's see how the last episode goes.
but yuri almost died...
Old 2010-06-18, 16:20   Link #10
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombyethan1000 View Post
but yuri almost died...
I was so tired by the episode, I frankly didn't care.
Besides, you can't die in this world.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2010-06-18, 16:22   Link #11
tsunade666

the first part left me speechless. They just disappear one by one. And a big war against those shadow. Heck why do they need guns of fist could beat those up! A pretty messed up set up if you ask me. With the whole almost disappear state of yuri. But good thing otonashi and the others are their to back her up. To much focus on her. And to confusing with a sub but still understandable but that's up to the point when otonashi said leave it to us and go. Then the whole bunch of monitor leave me the impression of persona 4 and embryo then yuri go umineko/higurashi then go busting those monitors. The lastly with forgiveness attain I thought yuri would be gone but ended up in the infirmary.

It had those emotional level like the other key works. But angel beats are just messed up and had mix emotions on it. I would love to see this if only they stretch it into a 24 episodes.
Old 2010-06-18, 16:24   Link #12
kitten320

Eh?! Everyone just dissapeared? Just like that? 0_0
It was way too anti climatic =/

Go Matsushida! Show them the power of judo

I'm lost with Yuri at school... was it some memory or something?

Lol Yuri and her crazy laugh and look

Looks like all the members really are going to pass on in next episode... Not fair, I want more information about some members including Kanade and I don't see getting it all in one episode
Old 2010-06-18, 16:26   Link #13
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I don't know what just happened in ep 12, but I am weeping that next week is the last ep. T_T

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-06-18, 17:12   Link #14
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

... seriously? Girls Dead Monster just disappears? What was the point of giving them names and personalities if all they did was serve as background characters? >____>;
(I've seen nameless supporting characters that have appeared more than they did... in other things, not Angel Beats)

Old 2010-06-18, 17:13   Link #15
rstrafford

Lol, at least they spoke at all?
Old 2010-06-18, 17:16   Link #16
Roardel

I just fell in love with Yuri. She has grown up to be the real leader of SSS. Denying to become the God, she destroyed the system to free her guys. Good.
Old 2010-06-18, 17:26   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstrafford View Post
Lol, at least they spoke at all?
Yeah. They were so happy to get so many lines in one episode that they disappeared right after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
... seriously? Girls Dead Monster just disappears? What was the point of giving them names and personalities if all they did was serve as background characters? >____>;
(I've seen nameless supporting characters that have appeared more than they did... in other things, not Angel Beats)
Perhaps the same could be said of the rest of this anime's cast. 90% of them are just comic relief.
Old 2010-06-18, 17:43   Link #18
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Yeah. They were so happy to get so many lines in one episode that they disappeared right after.

Perhaps the same could be said of the rest of this anime's cast. 90% of them are just comic relief.
Yeah... but the rest of the anime's cast got more lines and appearances... Girls DeMO didn't even serve as comic relief. ;____;

... well at least I still have Yusa... I think? I can't understand what's going on entirely, for all I know she could've disappeared off screen or was one of the people who disappeared with the remainder of Girls DeMo.

Old 2010-06-18, 17:53   Link #19
Revan21

Quote:
Originally Posted by momobunny View Post
Without a lead singer there really wasn't anything else for them to do
Old 2010-06-18, 18:26   Link #20
kitten320

They could ask me to sing

Though I think they would dissapear for other reason then