AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-02, 13:43   Link #101
Densetsuhakai
Imouto Lover x3

Nope they didnt add anything.The Blu ray version is the same as the TV version.Dont know why the first episode is longer as the rest of the TV episodes.
Old 2013-05-03, 19:11   Link #102
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way the reason for the extra length of episode 1 is that the BDs/DVDs added an OP and ED. The TV airing just had the credits appear on top of the episode itself.

(Episode 2 has an added ED as well, by the way. I suspect that's probably the main difference with all the TV episodes that have different lengths.)

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-03 at 20:03.
Old 2013-05-30, 10:50   Link #103
Solafighter
Hige

In the first episode of the second season, when Kanako and Ayase meet Kirino in the school, Ayase hugs Kirino, where Kanako asks:"Are you guys lesbians?". Kirino quickly replies with "No!". To that, Kanako answers:"Oh, you call it 'yuri', right?"

Why did Kanako say this(mentioning the word 'yuri', which is a word known among Otakus)? So my guess is, that Kanako knows, that Kirino is an Otaku. Can someone associate with that?
Old 2013-05-30, 10:57   Link #104
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
In the first episode of the second season, when Kanako and Ayase meet Kirino in the school, Ayase hugs Kirino, where Kanako asks:"Are you guys lesbians?". Kirino quickly replies with "No!". To that, Kanako answers:"Oh, you call it 'yuri', right?"

Why did Kanako say this(mentioning the word 'yuri', which is a word known among Otakus)? So my guess is, that Kanako knows, that Kirino is an Otaku. Can someone associate with that?
Spoiler for Answer - Spoilers:
Old 2013-05-30, 11:13   Link #105
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Spoiler for Answer - Spoilers:
This is true, though doesn't clear up, why Kanako mentioned it there in the first place. This would only make sense, if Kanako knows Kirino's secret.
Old 2013-05-30, 12:03   Link #106
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Might have something to do with the whole schoolgirl lesbian phenomenon in Japan, and it could've just been a slip on her part. In particular it was probably foreshadowing.
Old 2013-05-31, 08:56   Link #107
shironeko8

In episode 8 season 1, in the intro where they showcase scenes from gundam battles and also inside the Justeen cafe in the monitor/tv at the background, are those cut/borrowed from official gundam shows? not really a gundam fan, just curious. XD

and, will asking about Kuroneko's spin-off manga be relevant if i asked something about it here?
Old 2013-05-31, 11:34   Link #108
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Those are no Gundam shows I've ever seen. Most of the anime you see depicted within OreImo is apparently unique and its animation made solely for depiction within the show.
Old 2013-05-31, 20:53   Link #109
shironeko8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Those are no Gundam shows I've ever seen. Most of the anime you see depicted within OreImo is apparently unique and its animation made solely for depiction within the show.
oh, just like Meruru and Maschera then i guess. XD well, thanks for the info!
Old 2013-08-26, 14:55   Link #110
Fragment_Searcher

Speaking of fictional series and games within the Oreimo universe like Maschera or Meruru, which from what I heard are likely based on Darker than Black/Code Geass and Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha respectively, does anyone know which garuge/eroge Sis x Sis is based on? From the title, the easy answer would probably be Kiss x Sis, but imo, something about the characters don't add up to the general feeling of the eroge as seen in the anime, not to mention that its a manga, not a game.

It's always interesting to know what shows/games authors are referring to in stories like this as it gives more insight into what the author is drawing inspiration from and wants to convey to the reader, so I've been trying to find out what the specific shows and games throughout the series were based on. Meruru; I knew almost instantly, while Maschera took me a while and lots of searching to find, but no luck with Sis x Sis so far, so any help would be appreciated.
Closed Thread

Tags
q&a