Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-19, 18:52   Link #12041
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Or she could, in the end, be one of the last persons alive knowing that Lelouch wasn't really the monster he was trying to pretend to be right before sacrificing himself (assuming he does, we're talking possible endings here). Her whole development toward understanding him could lead to something like that.

I could see Kallen being the narrator for the epilogue for example, telling us viewers that while Lelouch (and Suzaku, if Kallen is to be his only real friend alive at the end) died to make the world a better place, no one will ever thank him for that.

(...now where have I heard that before...)
Yes where have you?
Dandylion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 18:55   Link #12042
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
There's always a risk that she could have died, but Lelouch is good at arranging things so such outcomes are unlikely.

I don't expect him to order his forces to ignore her at all costs or anything so blatant, but if he were treating her as a threat same as any other, he would have had Suzaku deal with her right off the bat. Even if she is an enemy, he can still arrange things so victory doesn't have to entail her dying as a part of it.
I don't think that he thought about that and even so, he is not good at protecting those who feel close to him: shirley for instance.

Imo, I don't see him protecting kallen in any way when he already turned against nunnaly who is above kallen in his heart.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 18:56   Link #12043
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I don't think that he thought about that and even so, he is not good at protecting those who feel close to him: shirley for instance.

I don't see him protecting kallen in any way when he already turned against nunnaly who is above kallen in his heart.
She only surfaced recently, while Kallen was there before she came back.
Old 2008-09-19, 18:58   Link #12044
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Your point being she's about to wipe him out with her radiation arm but is obviouly having regrets about it, what better way to take her out.
Old 2008-09-19, 18:59   Link #12045
lovecakecookies

I think we should wait and see how Lulu handles Kallen in the next episode before jumping to conclusions, she is going to battle Suzaku, and I am sure Lulu will know..

so what he thinks/says on the matter will be interesting..

he might be willing to sacrifice/let Suzaku kill her for the plan/promise (whatever makes you happy)
or tell Suzaku something like "make sure you let her live"

Next epiosde...all I am saying..
Old 2008-09-19, 18:59   Link #12046
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
In my honest opinion, this is a weak argument. Excuse me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandylion View Post
No you don't your assuming everything will go that way because of your bias opinion on the characters rather than what has happened up in to this point like Narona stated she could have die in the impact of Mt. Fuji exploding and the fact that he cares isn't gonna stop him from his plan, he said iy himself that this is something he has to do, the silent treatment he gave to Rivalz and Kallen should click to them that he does not want them involved with what he's planning.
Calm down, I know that my post could make people think that I am angry, but not at all :O (not this time at least)

Morbo has his own opinion, I'm just not ok with him but he could be right, who knows?
Old 2008-09-19, 19:01   Link #12047
lovecakecookies

Quote:
In my honest opinion, this is a weak argument. Excuse me

Calm down, I know that my post could make people think that I am angry, but not at all :O (not thime time at least)

Morbo has his own opinion, I'm just not ok with him but he could be right, who knows?
Thank you Narona.. you are never hostile to prove your points/opinions

unlike some people..
Old 2008-09-19, 19:03   Link #12048
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecakecookies View Post

unlike some people..
What's that supposed to mean?
Old 2008-09-19, 19:03   Link #12049
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I'm getting tired of arguing this, too. The way I see it, even if Lelouch is willing to fight those he cares about, killing them is another step entirely. Even if Nunnally is sitting on the Damocles, the very fact that Lelouch confronts her tells me he's not going to just write her off as a casualty of war if he can help it. Same with Kallen. If he can arrange the battle in such a way that she can be relatively safe (nothing but the Albion is taking down that Guren, and it's somewhere else), he will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dandylion View Post
What's that supposed to mean?
It means you're needlessly hostile. I enjoy arguing with people, but there's nothing to enjoy when the other side laces every post with sarcasm and hostile language.
Old 2008-09-19, 19:04   Link #12050
yvj
U Mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliarine View Post
Or she could, in the end, be one of the last persons alive knowing that Lelouch wasn't really the monster he was trying to pretend to be right before sacrificing himself (assuming he does, we're talking possible endings here). Her whole development toward understanding him could lead to something like that.

I could see Kallen being the narrator for the epilogue for example, telling us viewers that while Lelouch (and Suzaku, if Kallen is to be his only real friend alive at the end) died to make the world a better place, no one will ever thank him for that.

(...now where have I heard that before...)
That of course is a completely different argument than the one I was replying too.

Though its not my ideal ending obviously. I'll be fine with it. It's much easier to swallow than the alternatives. Granted there is a lot to be addressed between now and such a possible ending.
Old 2008-09-19, 19:04   Link #12051
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:

unlike some people..
Only the show can say who is right and who is wrong. I was, with Sol, amongst the ones who said that shirley will not die. I argued about that many times. I always thought that lelouch will save her if she was ever in danger.

The show talked: She died.
Old 2008-09-19, 19:06   Link #12052
lovecakecookies

Quote:
I'm getting tired of arguing this, too. The way I see it, even if Lelouch is willing to fight those he cares about, killing them is another step entirely. Even if Nunnally is sitting on the Damocles, the very fact that Lelouch confronts her tells me he's not going to just write her off as a casualty of war if he can help it. Same with Kallen. If he can arrange the battle in such a way that she can be relatively safe (nothing but the Albion is taking down that Guren, and it's somewhere else). he will.
Yes, I agree. ... lets wait till next episode and see if Lulu will order/allow Suzaku to go ahead and kill Kallen or whatever..
Old 2008-09-19, 19:06   Link #12053
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:

unlike some people..
Well Narona is usually a cool head and a voice of reason. But even I have to admit that I do express a certain zeal when my logic is challenged. But I for one hope that I will concede to a point if I can't prove it otherwise. But because some things can only be only left to interpretation, it's hard to give up your argument when the opposing argument can't be easily validated or disproved just as mine can't. A little hostility is inevitable.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 19:09   Link #12054
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Well Narona is usually a cool head and a voice of reason. But even I have to admit that I do express a certain zeal when my logic is challenged. But I for one hope that I will concede to a point if I can't prove it otherwise. But because some things can only be only left to interpretation, it's hard to give up your argument when the opposing argument can't be easily validated or disproved just as mine can't. A little hostility is inevitable.
I applaud you sir for admitting it..

I don't mind it too much, I just don't want this thread to get closed again... or have a bunch of bans happen man..
Old 2008-09-19, 19:11   Link #12055
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sports72Xtrm View Post
Exactly, when someone can't prove at 100% that something will happen or not, some people will still say that something else could happen.

Only one person was feared on that matter and often unbeatable, Var
Old 2008-09-19, 19:13   Link #12056
lovecakecookies

Quote:
Exactly, when someone can't prove at 100% that something will happen or not, some people will still say that something else could happen.

LOL...

I miss him in these debates, they would have stopped a long time ago if he was here..
Old 2008-09-19, 19:14   Link #12057
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
It means you're needlessly hostile. I enjoy arguing with people, but there's nothing to enjoy when the other side laces every post with sarcasm and hostile language.
well whatever, never thought of it that way I just wanted to prove a point
Old 2008-09-19, 19:15   Link #12058
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Why was Var banned, anyway?
Old 2008-09-19, 19:15   Link #12059
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Quote:

Why was he banned, by the way, along with gabbytay?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-19, 19:16   Link #12060
Dandylion
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Why was he banned, by the way, along with gabbytay?
Apparently xris was on a banning spree on Monday and they just so happen to cross his path