AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-24, 17:17   Link #261
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

i must say this series is getting pretty darn interesting...that was such a sick shift when she went from spread legs and did that little ballet move :O, then straight back to spreadlegs or w/e...good episode, ilikey !

we need a separate section for this...this has got some great potential
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 17:25   Link #262
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
i must say this series is getting pretty darn interesting...that was such a sick shift when she went from spread legs and did that little ballet move :O, then straight back to spreadlegs or w/e...good episode, ilikey !

I agree i find this anime also interesting and full of great potential so Im going too watch this anime develop and follow through until it ends.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 20:12   Link #263
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzeroparticle View Post
All I can say at this point is that I'm going to be interested in seeing how Rin gets dragged into the political situation. The big question will be what'll motivate her to voluntarily join because she looks too mild-mannered and not as hardened as Tamayo. But then again, from looking at her, you'd never know that she's that gutsy or competitively-minded either. Nice to see a non-archetypical female character in Rin at the very least.
It's fairly obvious in the manga but it's a little obtuse thus far in the anime. I'm wondering how well it'll mesh together in the show since it's a short series.

For reference, ep 3 that's airing tonight, is equivalent to volume 3 of the manga. They skipped all of the manga's volume 2. It's a darn shame because there's a really cool sequence of events in it and it's important to the overall story of the manga (although almost all events in the manga are so).
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 20:22   Link #264
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
For reference, ep 3 that's airing tonight, is equivalent to volume 3 of the manga. They skipped all of the manga's volume 2. It's a darn shame because there's a really cool sequence of events in it and it's important to the overall story of the manga (although almost all events in the manga are so).
They could just animate what you're talking about later on, though i'm guessing the jump to volume 03 is thanks to only having 12 episodes to work with.
Old 2009-01-24, 20:43   Link #265
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
They could just animate what you're talking about later on, though i'm guessing the jump to volume 03 is thanks to only having 12 episodes to work with.
It's possible but it'd seem a little odd because of some of the specifics of the event.
Old 2009-01-24, 23:37   Link #266
qwerty_
Knowledge Researcher

Quote:

Sadly, the reaction is too small.
qwerty_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-24, 23:57   Link #267
Woodchips
つかれた!

Loving this anime so far. From the minute that I read the synopsis, to the opening sequences of the first episode, I thought that I might get hooked. Now, two episodes in, it looks like this may be a favourite this season.

Godly animation sequences, non-idiotic protagonist, awesome seiyuu list and political intrigue awaiting. Looks like it's gonna be fun. Only too bad it seems like a twelve episoder.

Only gripe is that some of the character designs are a bit on the fugly side. But, oh well...
Woodchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 02:27   Link #268
Kouvley

Episode 2 continues to impress.

There's a nice, almost old school feel to this show so far. The race itself reminded me of something out of the Ah! My Goddess series.

I'm a bit saddened to hear that this will only have 12-13 eps though.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 06:29   Link #269
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Actually, I think Tamayo and the advisor could be anti-GGP. Tamayo did too detailed of a background check on Rin just to be a club member. Universities are historical sites of protests.
Ah yes, the good old university co-curricular activities. A protest/riot every week, I think, is the norm.
It's quite likely that Tamayo's part of that organisation. From the first ep, we see that she has familial connections to fairly powerful people. And that she doesn't agree with them.
I haven't read the manga, so I'm going into this with no prior knowledge and having a blast so far.
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 15:02   Link #270
Raiga
tl;dr

Spoiler for Episode 3:
Raiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 17:23   Link #271
kari-no-sugata

This thread has gotten a lot bigger since I last looked here. Just been enjoying ep 3

I've read the first volume but haven't been able to find any more of it (raw or otherwise), so I guess in ep 4, things will now jump to end of volume 1 / volume 2. Looks like background setup is done and now things become very serious very quickly.
Old 2009-01-25, 17:42   Link #272
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

From browsing the thread... sounds like this series might have "multi-genre" appeal... may take a look-see if I get time this week.
Old 2009-01-25, 18:35   Link #273
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Not a bad ep. Very different from what would've been the manga equivalent though. It more or less caps the introduction in the anime I guess. Next episode is a situation from manga vol 2, so Shiroth was right, hah. Going from the preview, it looks to be different as well but the premise will remain the same.
Old 2009-01-25, 18:50   Link #274
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
Not a bad ep. Very different from what would've been the manga equivalent though. It more or less caps the introduction in the anime I guess. Next episode is a situation from manga vol 2, so Shiroth was right, hah. Going from the preview, it looks to be different as well but the premise will remain the same.

I've just seen it done plenty of times in the past, that's all.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2009-01-25 at 19:01.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 22:24   Link #275
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

so you're saying it's not really following the manga? It's gonna go a different path but have the general feel of the original manga?

p.s. - how popular does this have to get before Rideback gets a SEPARATE section for itself? I hate having to look for this thread all the time
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-25, 22:27   Link #276
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

for a new thread, there has to be enough stuff to talk about. ie characters, speculation, tech, music, etc. i would love this show to have its own section, but i don't know how lively it'll be.

i think this show will have the same overall feel as the manga, but the order of events is a little different. Here, we're getting the "lighter" intro to ride backs before they jump into the political mumbo jumbo. in the manga, (which i vaguely remember reading) they do something with protests quite early in.

Last edited by germanturkey; 2009-01-26 at 02:06.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 00:29   Link #277
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
p.s. - how popular does this have to get before Rideback gets a SEPARATE section for itself? I hate having to look for this thread all the time
If you have to look for the thread, then it doesn't qualify by default imo.
Old 2009-01-26, 01:27   Link #278
Woodchips
つかれた!

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
mods, feel free to edit the manga part out if you feel its too "spoiler laden"

Ah, not to gripe, but isn't it really your responsibility to put spoiler tags on that? The mods have enough to deal with, and I'm sure fellow thread browsers would like to not get inadvertently spoiled.

I'm of the opinion that you're better off to use a spoiler tag on something like this, and just put 'Manga related' to describe it. That way your butt is covered, the mods don't have more work, and lurkers get to choose if they want to know about the events in the manga.
Woodchips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 02:06   Link #279
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

its not really even a spoiler. "oh, a show about political ideologies has protests."
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-26, 10:08   Link #280
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Exact details haven't been spoiled in here yet.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
madhouse, mecha, seinen