AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

View Poll Results: Hidan no Aria - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 4 7.41%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 33.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 20.37%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 24.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 5.56%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 7.41%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.85%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-04, 09:44   Link #41
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
A rather fun ep, this coming from a non-novel reader and one who has only read up to manga ch16. But I did notice some odd placing of some scenes, which really didn't feel right (like the previously mentioned time it took to tie up Shirayandere), and for production quality, it only felt like they could have done better and not necessarily about them drawing it worse.

I got a few beefs though, which only makes me laugh more so than get irritated by it, and it's about the part where Kinji is picking Shirayandere's lock. Ok, you might need to think like a pervert in order to get what I'm saying, but really, let's say it took him 10 minutes to pick that first lock, and he's like "that took a while". Remember the scene here? Where he's underwater. Now, here's what I don't get. Shirayandere has water up to her chin, and her boobie's are underwater. The lock is right below her Valley of the Mountains, and her clothes are like, you know.... WET. With a see through black bra showing itself. Why the heck didn't Kinji go all Hysteria upon looking at that? He picked that first lock for a great deal of time, don't tell me you wouldn't notice her boobies
It was dark. If it was underwater, he probably couldn't see it.
Quote:
If that was me picking her locks, I would have "accidentally" slipped and bury my face into her cleavage and go "oops, butterfingers ;D " I don't care if she'd kill me, I know I can't avoid seeing her bra
She'd never kill Kinji for that...
Old 2011-06-04, 10:18   Link #42
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

It's a shame, I really wanted to see what the aru=kata looks like for cheer leading as well as the weird song they were using; I guess some things are just left to the imagination

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-04 at 11:36.
Old 2011-06-04, 10:26   Link #43
MiMi_B

Maybe I expected a little too much...

Saw this episode with my brother, (I read the LN and he didn't) who found it a little difficult to follow exactly what's going on.
Spoiler for Ep8:

The pacing felt a little odd, with too much of long talks in the middle of what's supposed to be a tense action scene.

Spoiler for Ep8:

I don't really want to sound like a complainer, but I am quite disappointed with how Kinji's character was portrayed in this arc. (I wrote this in my post in Ep. 7 discussion thread too) Am I the only one who feels this way?

Somehow it feels like Kinji suddenly turned into a different person after the first arc. He used to be this indifferent, cool guy (fit for someone called the "gloomy one") with "whatever" attitude with people around him in normal mode, and somewhat of a "gigolo" in Hysteria Mode. But in the second arc, Kinji suddenly turned into a gentle, caring, sweet-talking guy in his normal mode, and even in Hysteria Mode he sounds more like a shojo hero than a gigolo.
Spoiler for How Kinji talks to Shirayuki:

Maybe it's poor script writing, since his character stays pretty consistent in the LN with only gradual development. What do you think?

Last edited by MiMi_B; 2011-06-04 at 10:39.
Old 2011-06-04, 11:06   Link #44
tsunade666

^ blame the studio or anime or director. There's no way Kinji can be describe as normal even in his normal mode. That guy likes to complain a lot and easily to be irritated and doesn't care much about other stuff that doesn't involve him directly. Since they cut off the monolog of Kinji they make him a bit better character and I mean better because if they add that. Lots of complaints about him would probably pop up. Just like how idiot Ichika is. Kinji is in the path between from the worst to the best MC for me. But mostly he irritates me when I read his inner thoughts and it's a good thing they cut it. To cut some time for his complaints but it changes a bit of his character but still it works fine.

His better to be viewed that way for the anime viewers and I like him more on this arc than when I read vol 2.
Old 2011-06-04, 11:20   Link #45
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kinji in the second volume... Or rather, Kinji when he's not saving damsels in distress or in Hysteria Mode (or both), is a pretty whiny character- In his head of course. The anime viewers are spared from that dark secret. I never got that impression that he's a 'whatever' cool character because he's quite ... Petty? Concern? Anal? Well lets just say that he's constantly troubled by many factors.

You're familiar with him not liking to interact with girls; but aside that he's pretty much against any thing that defiles the public perception of 'normal life'.

And all the secrets... Oh boy, rather than a harem lead, he could also be a soap opera actor

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-06-04 at 11:36.
Old 2011-06-04, 11:24   Link #46
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiMi_B View Post
Maybe I expected a little too much...

Saw this episode with my brother, (I read the LN and he didn't) who found it a little difficult to follow exactly what's going on.
Spoiler for Ep8:

The pacing felt a little odd, with too much of long talks in the middle of what's supposed to be a tense action scene.

Spoiler for Ep8:

I don't really want to sound like a complainer, but I am quite disappointed with how Kinji's character was portrayed in this arc. (I wrote this in my post in Ep. 7 discussion thread too) Am I the only one who feels this way?
I really hated him during the first part of the novel, so I'm kinda glad the anime glossed over that. I wasn't looking forward to watching him be an asshole.
Old 2011-06-04, 11:27   Link #47
Hyakimaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Her real name is Himiko not Shiraiyuki; 'Hi' usually means 'fire' so her real name is literally the 'Fire Priestess', though this might also have a double wordplay as I learned that 'Himiko' is the name of a certain Japanese Noblewoman in the past.
I know that, I meant the name we knew so far in the story Shirayuki (which means snow white) being just a fake one used to hide her true name and fire nature was unexpected and clever.
Old 2011-06-04, 11:33   Link #48
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakimaru View Post
I know that, I meant the name we knew so far in the story Shirayuki (which means snow white) being just a fake one used to hide her true name and fire nature was unexpected and clever.
In any case, we have a katana wielding fire user, so that's one more similarity with 'that other show' that we can check off the list

P.S - You know, I think I'm just going to paint all my text navy blue from now on since it goes so well with my new Avatar

Old 2011-06-04, 11:35   Link #49
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Best thing about this ep though....Jeanne's design and her voice. Effing lovely...
Old 2011-06-04, 11:41   Link #50
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyakimaru View Post
I'm also surprised by it. I mean her name was totally different from her real name. From snow to flame. Or rather the whole setting of vol 2 or 2nd arc surprised me because of the whole choutei battle
Old 2011-06-04, 12:42   Link #51
Hyakimaru

Quote:
In any case, we have a katana wielding fire user, so that's one more similarity with 'that other show' that we can check off the list
Next I vote for an emotionless battle maid

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I'm also surprised by it. I mean her name was totally different from her real name. From snow to flame. Or rather the whole setting of vol 2 or 2nd arc surprised me because of the whole choutei battle
Yeah, since usually on this stories names are a pun of a person abilities, it's nice to see someone that breaks the mold... Ok she doesn't exactly breaks it since her real name is a pun of her powers but... close enough
Old 2011-06-04, 13:46   Link #52
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Quote:
Well, except Shirayuki is anything but a Bandage-Covered Social-Darwinist who literally fuels the fire of her sword with the fats and oils of the people that she has kileld with it accumulated within its serrated cutting edge.
Old 2011-06-04, 18:15   Link #53
Dextro
He Without a Title

You know what really annoyed me in this episode? It was a minor thing but I think it really shows how badly the plot was handled in this particular arc.

So Jeanne D'arc escapes and says while unable to be seen that she has the advantage because the others don't know what she looks like...

...only to show up in front of them and clearly visible just a mere minute or so later nullifying that supposed advantage!

I seriously facepalmed at that one. Heck I was close to slamming my head on the table over that particular detail.
Old 2011-06-04, 20:56   Link #54
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

You weren't the only one.
Old 2011-06-05, 03:58   Link #55
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
You know what really annoyed me in this episode? It was a minor thing but I think it really shows how badly the plot was handled in this particular arc.

So Jeanne D'arc escapes and says while unable to be seen that she has the advantage because the others don't know what she looks like...

...only to show up in front of them and clearly visible just a mere minute or so later nullifying that supposed advantage!

I seriously facepalmed at that one. Heck I was close to slamming my head on the table over that particular detail.
I thought she was simply saying that revealing her true form would make her more powerful, not hide it.
Old 2011-06-06, 03:06   Link #56
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The art took a dip this episode. But it was decent.

Shirayuki and Kinji moments were sweet, Jeanne is kinda stupid... she gloated how her advantage was that they didn't know what she looked like, than stepped out in the open a minute later.

Also, a perfect example of how someone who relies on a special weapon too much can spell their downfall.

Anyway, next episode looks like fun, and how many girls is Kinji gonna kiss to initiate his Hysteria mode?
Old 2011-06-06, 09:48   Link #57
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

So I caught up with Red Shot Aria. And when Jenne was explaining her past, I had only 1 conclusion:

Knights templar, now known as Aberdigo Industries! Its a fanfic plot hook waiting to happen.
Old 2011-06-06, 09:53   Link #58
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The templar knights have disappeared before Jeanne and they would be conspiring the fall of French monarchy instead of helping it to go with the curse of Jacques de Molay.

And the whole bit about a fake Jeanne at the stake don't bother me so much. Back in her time, she have become the Elvis Presley of the Middle Ages, as in people have sworn to have seen her alive and well, well until the decades passed.
Old 2011-06-06, 10:52   Link #59
king12354

I knew that this would happen but I am really disappointed with this series. They had a good setting but ruined it with very poorly conceived plot.
Old 2011-06-06, 11:39   Link #60
xTinXion07
-Half Vampire-

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
I knew that this would happen but I am really disappointed with this series. They had a good setting but ruined it with very poorly conceived plot.
Agree. They didn't go deep into the story.
Like here
Spoiler for Fight Scene: