AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2011-07-15, 21:07   Link #661
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Great ending but it dose suck that Rock and Chang didnt take at the end

Now wait tell Funi puts it out and dose any one know if vol10 is out in japan
Old 2011-07-15, 22:49   Link #662
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

What have they done to Roberta? I thought she is the terminator of this show

Last edited by kk2extreme; 2011-07-15 at 23:58.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 23:16   Link #663
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
What have they done to Roberta? I though she is the terminator of this show
That's what I don't like. In the manga, a big part of her appeal was how frighteningly indestructible she was. It looks like the anime just said "screw that" and decided to maim her. Although I still haven't heard an explanation on why she lost the arm and why people think she got a prosthetic leg.

But even she literally only suffered from arm and finger loss, if Hiroe writes her back into the story at some point, as badass and physically functioning as she ever was (still haven't seen a chapter in over a year but ok), the anime's gonna have some serious retconning to do. It's not like they have GitS level prosthetics in their world or anything.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 04:55   Link #664
reaper_unique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Great ending but it dose suck that Rock and Chang didnt take at the end
But didn't he "save" Roberta? And aren't they together?
reaper_unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 06:27   Link #665
d' airscapez
stranded in new york

Who knows maybe they'll give Roberta a prosthetic fingers and arm.
d' airscapez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 07:20   Link #666
reaper_unique

Anyone also know where I can read those extra pages translated, the ones where Chan and Rock have a chat at the end of it all?
Old 2011-07-16, 07:37   Link #667
User68604
Disabled By Request

i believe it is the end of the anime, period

and if theres one thing about the series, its never conclusive..lol. its pretty much a theme that shit just goes on, no matter what you (ahem rock) tries to do
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-16, 12:43   Link #668
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by recover View Post
i believe it is the end of the anime, period
Until Hiroe starts writing more and they decide to animate it.
Old 2011-07-18, 22:54   Link #669
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Spoiler:

I just don't understand how she lost it in the creds.
I don't understand why they did that to her either; it's up to the TV guys to tell us why. That was nowhere in the manga, and there's no reason taking off her aura of unvulnerability. I felt it was a cheap shot doing that to the woman who could become the mother of Garcia's children in a few years.

Spoiler:

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2011-07-19 at 00:33.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 04:56   Link #670
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I don't understand why they did that to her either; it's up to the TV guys to tell us why. That was nowhere in the manga, and there's no reason taking off her aura of unvulnerability. I felt it was a cheap shot doing that to the woman who could become the mother of Garcia's children in a few years.

Spoiler:
That's the family of the Japanese man that Roberta's been haunted by in this story. It was more clear in the manga.

What they did to Roberta and the degree was just so over the top to the point it was obscene. None of that happened in the manga. They even made her hair shorter.
Check out this image on this page. the drastic difference HERE (click on it to enlarge)
Old 2011-07-19, 05:11   Link #671
reaper_unique

Can anyone tell me what Chan and rock talked about at the end in the manga? Those are special pages or something because I can't seem the find them translated at mangareader, etc.
Old 2011-07-19, 07:55   Link #672
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper_unique View Post
Can anyone tell me what Chan and rock talked about at the end in the manga? Those are special pages or something because I can't seem the find them translated at mangareader, etc.
Those pages are from tankobon, they were not included in magazine version of the last chapter. I've send you link to translation of the ch.76 (vol 9 version)
Old 2011-07-19, 08:14   Link #673
Xagzan

Quote:
I don't understand why they did that to her either; it's up to the TV guys to tell us why. That was nowhere in the manga, and there's no reason taking off her aura of unvulnerability.
The weird thing is, it's nowhere in the show either, except for the credits (her missing arm that is). Forget the why, we don't even know the how.

Quote:
I felt it was a cheap shot doing that to the woman who could become the mother of Garcia's children in a few years.
A-frickin-men. You know she would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
What they did to Roberta and the degree was just so over the top to the point it was obscene. None of that happened in the manga. They even made her hair shorter.
Check out this image on this page. the drastic difference HERE (click on it to enlarge)
These guys too? They also say she's lost her leg at the very end, but still someone has yet to tell me how anyone can know that. Is it a Word of God thing? Because again, under that full length dress, I don't see how anyone can make the call whether her leg was real or not.

Well, here's hoping Hiroe writes her back into the story at some point, as badass as ever, and makes the anime team go "oh crap."
Old 2011-07-19, 08:24   Link #674
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Regardless of the differences of what happened to Roberta, I think that Hiroe himself gave the green light to Madhouse to essentially 'remove' Roberta from the story.

Even though Roberta was fine at the end of the manga, the overall atmosphere behind the closure of the arc significantly implies that The Lovelace Family... will have absolutely nothing to do with Lagoon Company/Roanapur anymore. The whole exchange between Garcia and Roberta at the end pretty much says it. "They're dead", and the lives that Roberta and Garcia will live from that point on... will be a different one. Well... different as in how they'll live in support in each other from that point on in more ways than one.

Which means they're likely not to return again outside of a 'what happened to them epilogue' , even in the manga.

Quote:
I felt it was a cheap shot doing that to the woman who could become the mother of Garcia's children in a few years.
With all those drugs pumped in her? Even if I don't question her physical ability to do it, I worry for the children.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-19, 08:46   Link #675
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Regardless of the differences of what happened to Roberta, I think that Hiroe himself gave the green light to Madhouse to essentially 'remove' Roberta from the story.

Even though Roberta was fine at the end of the manga, the overall atmosphere behind the closure of the arc significantly implies that The Lovelace Family... will have absolutely nothing to do with Lagoon Company/Roanapur anymore. The whole exchange between Garcia and Roberta at the end pretty much says it. "They're dead", and the lives that Roberta and Garcia will live from that point on... will be a different one. Well... different as in how they'll live in support in each other from that point on in more ways than one.

Which means they're likely not to return again outside of a 'what happened to them epilogue' , even in the manga.
That wouldn't surprise me I guess. But it's still irritating. A change like that can really make or break my reaction to a show or OVA, either positively or negatively.

Where did you hear that he gave them the go ahead though?
Old 2011-07-19, 08:55   Link #676
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
That wouldn't surprise me I guess. But it's still irritating. A change like that can really make or break my reaction to a show or OVA, either positively or negatively.

Where did you hear that he gave them the go ahead though?
I said I 'think.' It's an assumption.

This was an assumption that has lurked around me for a little bit really, ever since half-way through El Baile de la Muerte arc.

As a reader, it felt to me like Hiroe lost a little bit of the direction he wanted to go through Black Lagoon and feels as if he's going through some kind of writer's block. It's clear that he has some ideas that he wants to pursue as a potential main story or subplot in Black Lagoon, but getting there... seems to be a stopgap.

For that reason, frankly, after Hiroe gets out of his break on Black Lagoon, I don't see him trying to force the story to continue on too long.

Just an assumption. I did hear somewhere he's getting bored of BL, but take that with a grain of salt.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2011-07-19, 09:23   Link #677
Xagzan

I have no idea where he wants to go with it myself. There never seemed to be some main story arc, and I wonder whether he was trying to come up with one.

But still, Roberta's anime mutilation is pretty souring for me. Whether she comes back or not.

And that aside, can no one explain why everyone says she has a fake leg?
Old 2011-07-19, 09:35   Link #678
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
I have no idea where he wants to go with it myself. There never seemed to be some main story arc, and I wonder whether he was trying to come up with one.
The daily day by days of The Lagoon Company in the shithole called Roanapur is the main story arc. Frankly, I don't see that changing.

It's only complemented by engaging character arcs that is of particular importance at the time. We've had Garcia and Roberta's closure arc.

Chang may be a candidate for one... after Hiroe is done with his on-hiatsu cracker arc.

Quote:
And that aside, can no one explain why everyone says she has a fake leg?
I'm surprised you didn't notice. Pay attention to the right leg and compare it to the left.

Spoiler:

Old 2011-07-19, 10:04   Link #679
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
The daily day by days of The Lagoon Company in the shithole called Roanapur is the main story arc. Frankly, I don't see that changing.

It's only complemented by engaging character arcs that is of particular importance at the time. We've had Garcia and Roberta's closure arc.

Chang may be a candidate for one... after Hiroe is done with his on-hiatsu cracker arc.

I'm surprised you didn't notice. Pay attention to the right leg and compare it to the left.

Spoiler:
You're right, I somehow completely missed that

Though even with seeing it, that and the arm loss don't make a lick of sense. Jeez, if Garcia was less devoted to her than he is, I'd wonder if he'd still want to have little Lovelaces with her, as de-limbed as she is (you know it's gonna happen )
Old 2011-07-19, 16:58   Link #680
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Well, here's hoping Hiroe writes her back into the story at some point, as badass as ever, and makes the anime team go "oh crap."
I follow Hiroe on Twitter. He's talkative one, bu hasn't said much about the series. I just wish he'd spend less time on Twitter and more time writing Black Lagoon.
Quote:
You're right, I somehow completely missed that

Though even with seeing it, that and the arm loss don't make a lick of sense. Jeez, if Garcia was less devoted to her than he is, I'd wonder if he'd still want to have little Lovelaces with her, as de-limbed as she is (you know it's gonna happen )
It doesn't change the fact that none of that happened in the manga.

Tags
action, seinen