AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-11-24, 06:47   Link #9301
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I believe Irish is weaker than he appears, especially without the suit. Any guy his size will pick him easily, much less larger guys.

of course unless your take on it is similar, then my opinion is moot.
Old 2011-11-24, 06:51   Link #9302
HasuMasu
*Artist

There's always the on-screen keyboard, even Windows XP has that.
Old 2011-11-24, 06:52   Link #9303
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
There's always the on-screen keyboard, even Windows XP has that.
Impractical... and my sister said I look like Idiot when I used it to type Sacred Twins for a self-imposed challenge.

What the most important button that miss from my keyboard is a '
Old 2011-11-24, 06:52   Link #9304
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
@ Miester

Care to fix any mistakes in my post? Please!
As far as I can tell, it passes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
It is like mixing crack with more crack until you get white powder blowing from nowhere and turn into monster eating smile monster eating you alive while smoking on crack made from iron brick sand combine with liquid nitrogen blasted with lime salt with a mixture of coco powder while smelling the world greatest cracker and eating a shoe all at the same time.
I have to admit, this is...

Setsuna: ...the highest praise.

Quote:
Edit: And IS-verse favor the female and guys in the canon story are technically spineless wimp.
Which is why I decided to do it differently, by having my OCs personally go out there and see what the world is like.

This occurs in 2 parts. One is the "Before Canon" miniseries of fics centered on the various characters before they become St@rs. The next part is the [World Tour] arc, which takes them out of the school (conveniently avoiding them being involved in Silver Gospel) during the summer vacation and scampering throughout the globe experiencing life outside of the author's warped world view.

My characters are walking shout-outs, that's how I write. I find that if I don't I lose interest quickly.

My plot however, apart from winks here and there, are based on these characters coming together and turning things upside down.

Finally, all of them are idol singers, allowing me to mix in some Macross-esque shoutouts, and most of all take them out of school ever so often to see the wider world.

Quote:
I will read it later on.

The difficulty in writing normal Female IS pilot is the conflict, what conflict do she have?

There is nothing epic like going against a social order or fighting against terrorist but normal stuff: rivalry with other classmate, gossiping....etc. But you must still make it interesting.
Yeah I cheated here. I created this [Infinite Stratos Perception] phenomenon based on Ichika's convenient Newtype Reactions, added an ultraconvenient pun (Vanda M. Joaquim = Vandam Joaquim ) and banged out a story.

You *can* still go against the social order. That's where all the "everyone's on the edge of open war" sentiment comes in. I just simply thought of the most fun, most over-the-top campy solution (Save the world with the Power of Rock, and IS!) then ran with it.

Ultimately, the popular story is not the grossly thought-out one, but the one that keeps updating, has a plot to follow, might explode your mind here and there, but you don't feel the rage that the author makes us feel.

That's what I've learnt from going to so many fandoms. Sure, you can sell pure Dan Brown snake oil, but only if you can sustain it. Right now, I'm challenging myself to finish a story I started, and if being overly cracky is the way forward, so be it.

Quote:
far from it, Meister want the fic to be fun. All the shit and giggles of crack, all character being sue? No problem, because nobody is stealing spotlight, cause... well, they're all Mary Sue.

Meister did a reconstruction of old era stories, where prince charming and princess classic is very common -Modern readers call them Mary Sue and Marty Stu-, but he using sci-fi crack as setting instead of medieval Eroupe. Despite the crapsack world, the protagonist is ragtag bunch of idealistic people. BUT of course its all my opinion, and as Agetreme said, too much crack for me to handle.
Quote:
Err... actually I am not on the realistic side. I am far from realistic. The problem is from what I have read about his idea and the story..... there is just too much crack for me to handle: Kamen rider, Gundam, To-aru.... he tried to mix those without some sort of really nice spin to them.
Trust me, the final product is far more polished than that.

My fic is actually a deconstruction of all the realism and grimdark that was flying around this thread. And incidentally, I decided to revive some age-old wisdom along the way, as Zero put it nicely. I wanted to write an interesting story that didn't rely on grimdark to make it better. And what better to prove my point than overdosed noblebrightness and tropiness?
Old 2011-11-24, 06:53   Link #9305
Eratas123

Quote:
I believe Irish is weaker than he appears, especially without the suit. Any guy his size will pick him easily, much less larger guys.

of course unless your take on it is similar, then my opinion is moot.
His weight is noted to be extremely under the norm and his muscles as pretty weak. Hey, being a bishonen and having the weight of a regular guy makes no sense so he's obviously got some problems.

What I need to know is if Tatenashi should be stronger than him. I re-read V5 and saw that she managed to smash through Ichika's door when he was pressing down on it even without her unit. Does this mean she's stronger than he is or not?

@ Meister - And that's why I'm reading your story Nothing like a dose of brightness to make you feel like you're alive.

Side note - It's your fault shadow lost it's GD. Now over half of it is light hearted situations and character development instead of the darker premise.
Old 2011-11-24, 07:03   Link #9306
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
His weight is noted to be extremely under the norm and his muscles as pretty weak. Hey, being a bishonen and having the weight of a regular guy makes no sense so he's obviously got some problems.
It depends on body composition and structure, search for exomorph, mesomorph, and endomorph.

Here it is.

I myself is an lean-bodied man that's declared overweight (78 kg, as opposed to 65-70 kg) due to my larger bone structure (that resembles Space marine for some odd reason).

Irish himself is an exomorph, and he may have his ideal weight, but lighter than average.

Quote:
What I need to know is if Tatenashi should be stronger than him. I re-read V5 and saw that she managed to smash through Ichika's door when he was pressing down on it even without her unit. Does this mean she's stronger than he is or not?
No comment, maybe shes monstrously strong like Chifuyu, but weaker (?). Maybe rule of funny?
Old 2011-11-24, 07:09   Link #9307
Eratas123

@ Zero - Lack of muscle and proper food kind of contributes to the small weight. He also moves around a lot so he doesn't have a chance to let any fat build up.

Side note - All of the girls strengths seem to be rule of funny. Laura arm barred Ichika despite the fact that he's somewhat muscular and she as the body of a 13 year old. Lets not forget the Houki Pouki where Houki gave Ichika air time by kicking him in the gut!

@ Box - You've read volume 5, can you give me a strength assessment for the student council prez?
Old 2011-11-24, 07:13   Link #9308
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
@ Zero - Lack of muscle and proper food kind of contributes to the small weight. He also moves around a lot so he doesn't have a chance to let any fat build up.

Side note - All of the girls strengths seem to be rule of funny. Laura arm barred Ichika despite the fact that he's somewhat muscular and she as the body of a 13 year old. Lets not forget the Houki Pouki where Houki gave Ichika air time by kicking him in the gut!

@ Box - You've read volume 5, can you give me a strength assessment for the student council prez?
Tsk tsk, you should pay more attention.

Just kidding, as for your question, she's pretty much a beast in and out of the IS, as per Ichika's commentary she almost looks like she's dancing, don't confuse this with capoeira, although she can do that too, oh and she did a Tekken juggle with Ichika too.
Old 2011-11-24, 07:14   Link #9309
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Tsk tsk, you should pay more attention.

Just kidding, as for your question, she's pretty much a beast in and out of the IS, as per Ichika's commentary she almost looks like she's dancing, don't confuse this with capoeira, although she can do that too, oh and she did a Tekken juggle with Ichika too.
Old 2011-11-24, 07:16   Link #9310
Eratas123

@ Box - The hell- Nevermind. What I'd like to know is how the F*** she broke down his door hinges with nothing but her bare fists!? She wasn't even smashing into it and she shows no sign of even struggling!
Old 2011-11-24, 07:17   Link #9311
HasuMasu
*Artist

Breaking a door off its hinges isn't very hard you know.

Don't ask for a demonstration, the last time I did one I had to get a new door, not fun.
Old 2011-11-24, 07:22   Link #9312
Eratas123

@ Zero - What's with the reaction? Thinking about something again?

@ Box - Then there's the fact that she managed to push over Ichika who was already pushing down on the door really hard.
Old 2011-11-24, 07:24   Link #9313
HasuMasu
*Artist

Ahh yes I forgot, that kinda complicates it then, though couldn't she have just partially deployed Mysterious Lady?
Old 2011-11-24, 07:25   Link #9314
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I plan to make a strange situation where she being reckless in her fight against Ichika, and Chifuyu was too late to warn her about the dangerousness of pushing him onto limit... Deconstruction ahoy!
Old 2011-11-24, 07:26   Link #9315
Eratas123

@ Box - Nope, the text says she just jumped on the door and was apparently strong enough to make Ichika fall over. Ichika's shown to be pretty strong so this kind of confused me.

@ Zero - Please don't let your perceptions influence your writing please. Writers are supposed to be unbiased.

Side note for both - How the heck did she tekken juggle Ichika?
Old 2011-11-24, 07:30   Link #9316
HasuMasu
*Artist

Ichika was getting desperate and basically superman punched her, she countered and kept hitting him while he was airborne, I think Ichika stopped counting after more-or-less 20 hits. (Then he lost consciousness, if I remember correctly.)
Old 2011-11-24, 07:32   Link #9317
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - Please don't let your perceptions influence your writing please. Writers are supposed to be unbiased.

Side note for both - How the heck did she tekken juggle Ichika?
Nope, Im taking the canon scene and twist it.

Basically, Ichika has emergency mode of sort, that he can fight while half-conscious. problem is, he lacked restraint and most of his attack can be dangerous and outright lethal. This is what happen in Chapter 12 too when Ichika was ganged by the thugs.

The logic is: You lose consciousness and youll be killed, better to kill them first, its all due to his unnatural body. Like a candle going off, it shines bright for a moment.

Tatenashi does her 20-hit air combo, and Ichikas response is... punching into her ribs as hard as hell before fell unconscious... (remember his punch is strong enough to dislocate Lauras Jaw and thrown her to the wall). Tatenashi getting an internal bleeding in the liver, though she quickly treated and get of by 24 hours.
Old 2011-11-24, 07:39   Link #9318
Eratas123

@ Box - How does one escape from a tekken juggle?

@ Zero - I doubt that punch would hurt her that much, she has those pillows.
Old 2011-11-24, 07:43   Link #9319
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Zero - I doubt that punch would hurt her that much, she has those pillows.
By ribs I mean just under those assets of her....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Boobs don't cover the liver, as Zero would also know, so a rib fracture at T10 to T12 can cause a liver bleed.
and as I said, all violence in Sacred Twins is Deconstructed, Ichika didn't survive unscratched either.

As for HOW Ichika can hit her, he grabbed her leg at 21st hit and countered while midair, using gravity and his own mass.

Yeah....that's gonna hurt a lot.
Old 2011-11-24, 07:44   Link #9320
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Boobs don't cover the liver, as Zero would also know, so a rib fracture at T10 to T12 can cause a liver bleed.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest