AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-30, 20:18   Link #961
silvercover
Romance Expert

its pretty clear the anime was just made by the author to use the characters that were discarded in the manga already.

notice how prominent the dog and megu-nee is. I mean, I like megu-nee sure and its nice to see more of her, but they realllllyyy want to hammer it to the viewers that "megu-nee was such an awesome and best teacher" just like how taromaru is "the smartest and best dog".

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-02, 08:54   Link #962
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-10-02, 10:04   Link #963
tsunade666

^lol, zombie rush.
Old 2015-10-03, 06:32   Link #964
James Rye

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
its pretty clear the anime was just made by the author to use the characters that were discarded in the manga already.

notice how prominent the dog and megu-nee is. I mean, I like megu-nee sure and its nice to see more of her, but they realllllyyy want to hammer it to the viewers that "megu-nee was such an awesome and best teacher" just like how taromaru is "the smartest and best dog".
Yeah, alone in the first episode it was far more about Taromarou than Yuki and co. Still can't believe he came back to life just so that he can die again just so that we have to listen to ten minutes of "Praise Taromarou" stuff. Heck, even Megu-nee didn't got that much love from her students. xD

What I really disliked though was how they glossed over Yuki's recovery, in the manga it was a pretty big deal, here it "just happened" on the way to the radio room. Add to that the missing stuff like Kurumi's home visit, Yuuri's emotional mood changes/states being soften so down they didn't existed or her clearly not being ready to kill Kurumi despite the promise while in the manga Yuuri on her own decided Kurumi had to die and was just about to do so or Miki's change in character due her different background story in the apocalypse, and with all that and the intense screentime Taromarou and Megu-nee got, you'd feel like the four girls were extras and not THE main characters.

Heck, they couldn't even save themselves like in the manga. Without Taromarou saving Yuki they all would have died that day.... -__-

Well, looks like we won't get a S2 though. Which is a shame, would have liked to see some Kurumiki interaction like I expected them to add to show why Miki says you can also build/trust/depend on Kurumi like they did with the extra big sis scene with Yuuri or the "you're amazing" scene with Yuki, but nope.

Ah well, I still got the manga though for my shipping fuel. :P

Spoiler for shipping fuel like this panel <3:
Old 2015-10-03, 09:47   Link #965
silvercover
Romance Expert

mah niggah.

kurumiXmiki for life. riiXyuki also have quite the potential.

instead, the anime forces you to think miki and yuki are a pair while going out of their way to have kurumi and rii have a deeper relationship.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-03, 15:46   Link #966
Harbinger
Squirrel Master

I probably should post this elsewhere... but whatever.

I just read the manga (not all of it, just part of it... I didn't catch up to where the Anime ended). I can see that they mixed a lot of scenes together. I personally enjoy the Anime more for now. The lack of hero dog is... good, I guess (at very least, there's no dog at the moment!)?
Harbinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-02, 22:58   Link #967
Peanutbutter

Just picked up this series (after the end of Gochuumon S2, and incidentally sawing the reference of its last few episodes to this series, and here, there's a 99.9% Rize lookalike with Chino as the MC).

So far, binged up to the end of Ep 8. Will probably finish it today.

Due to my hastiness in finding more about this series, I spoiled myself far too much that what a first-time viewer (curious about more after reading initial spoilers, that lead to me reading more spoilers) should experience.

Regardless, I do feel this is one of the most cleverest use of storyboarding, music, camera angles and directorial decisions I ever seen in a series. All the details, premonitions and revelations are really a sight to behold and I am glad that I picked it up. The psychological aspects of everything is also mindblowing.

Now as I continued my binging (?), just like to say I do hope the girls will have a Good End in the original manga source (Will likely start with the manga after the anime soon). A Bad End will be too tragic.
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-23, 22:51   Link #968
gdpetti

Same here, just watched it this past week, IMO very well crafted. It does make you want to read the manga, which I rarely want to do. I agree that the project is very clever in the production of this anime, which shows how good the manga must be, and after reading this forum thread, I agree with silvercover's comment that
Quote:
"the anime was just a medium for the author to mess around and do other things he wasn't able to do in the manga."
... "notice how prominent the dog and megu-nee is. I mean, I like megu-nee sure and its nice to see more of her, but they realllllyyy want to hammer it to the viewers that "megu-nee was such an awesome and best teacher" just like how taromaru is "the smartest and best dog".
Silvercover has a good point here as this is a common point throughout the anime, but I haven't read the manga yet, so can't compare... overall, I'm not into most moe stuff, though I like most SoL's... and not into zombie stuff for the most part as the entire concept makes no sense in our real world... outside of a few drug addicts that go waaaay over the deep end as a few news stories attest to in the past couple of years... that is zombiesh alright. All of this has to be ignored as usual, so no problem if the story is good, and the combination of these SoL/zombie storylines is done very well.... the attention to detail in the OP/EP that some here have mentioned is interesting, though I only noticed the EP changes sometimes, especially after Megu-nee is gone and she fades out in the EP, same with Kei's character... and though interesting, perhaps it is overkill and gets in the way as another poster said?

... but the dog! Me no likey at all... anime only? makes sense as someone else here said that this looks to be made for the typical anime shonen audience, not a seinen one... so taking the R rated version down to a PG... and add in extra fan service that usually puts the storyline in most animes on hold anyway... How the production team can be so good at the rest of the elements yet fail to come up with a way to do a little fan service more discreetly is hard to understand... all you have to do is not draw attention to it... and that is my problem with the dog... they draw way too much attention to it all the time... and it rarely acts like it's in a nonfriendly environment, something the animals would be reacting to way faster and better than humans would... like others here have said - making it a hero by the end is too much... but I actually liked the ending with the dog... nice scene... cute and perhaps a little doggie moe to send him off with? The dog scenes just got in the way in my opinion, the washing, running off...

Someone here mentioned WTH didn't they shut the doors? Did they feel that secure? Not sure how the manga handled it, but that is a lapse in judgement... usually such tricks are done as a means to push the story along, a sign of writer fatigue or weakness.

Triple R had 4 points but I haven't yet read the manga... but I agree with #1 on the dog... #2 not sure, as doing so worked for me, gave the series an even more disjointed feeling to it, as if they were losing track of time... a feeling expressed later by Kei and near the end by Miki herself in deciding to leave the room in the mall and at the end in school to go to the basement, sooner or later you'll be forced to for food/water or for your sanity.... #3 I would have loved to have seen in the anime, as I was thinking of something like that while watching it, never thinking that there was such a scene in the manga source material... .#4??? Helicopter arc? again, haven't read the manga, don't know what you mean/imply by 'helicopter'... patrol craft looking for survivors?

BUT I was very impressed by this project from the end of the first episode with that closing hook... as it looked like a typical SoL school life girl friend thing... yes, there were a few odd things in the background, but I thought that was a problem with the budget... so didn't think of it until the end... and then you start paying attention in later episodes... great hook though and the smashup of the genres worked well... made it interesting... yes, these anime must have scenes like the pool episode and shopping at the mall for binikis which seemed a weeeee bit out of place given the situation, and sometimes went on too long as they always do, but the production team always brought it back by the end, even if barely in an episode or two... so a few complaints, but they really made this juxtaposition of happy/sad moments and genres effective and easy to recommend, I really liked it.... probably enough to read the manga, which seems to have continued since this anime was made, so perhaps another 12 seasons can be made once enough chapters/volumns are put out? I know on the Wikipedia page that other students and schools are mentioned -- those other ones mentioned in the manual? -- so I would assume the story to continue from there.

Really liked it though I never gave it a thought after seeing the first writeup summary and photo used in the press release... seemed just more of the same kiddie crap... came across it looking up dystopian/post-apocalyptic anime.... good find. Now I'll be interested in reading the manga to see what the production team was working from... though I wonder if Silvercover is right about the writer choosing to mess around some with it? Usually it's not the original writer/mangaka doing that though... which is interesting as well.
gdpetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-10-26, 20:22   Link #969
gdpetti

PS... just finished chapter 30 in the manga, the ending point for the anime... the manga is up to 50 chapters, so a second season would be doable soon, if not already, if they want to recap the helicopter episode ... not that they learned much more from it other than the zombies burn easily.... they had months of supplies in the basement emergency room, so I assume they used that time to prepare for their exit? I agree the helicopter ep should have been included, nice action scene, and the bikini shopping in the mall and swimming pool party scene could have been cut down to the size in the manga... fan service is always overdone, and as the other poster surmised, this anime was given the shonen treatment in that regards... guess the guys in charge just can't help themselves? Otherwise, I think the anime did a better job in showing Yuki's PSTD - memory repression etc... there were a couple of moments in the manga with Megu-nee that should have been put in the anime, with the emergency manual, thoughts on Yuki, her desire to help them, her feeling responsible, wanting to tell them... only not getting the chance soon after that thought...

The anime put all of this in motion though, and that makes use of a more powerful element in storytelling, especially in this situation... IMO anyway... add in the juxtapositioning of images in the background, the colors, the VA work and it really puts meat on the bones. Not much is left out that can't be added to a second season I guess, from the helicopter to the home visit to the other initial survivors in the mall until 'that guy' happened... mirrored later with the shovel girl's situation... sort of.

I would recommend reading/viewing the manga... too bad some of those tidbits weren't included.

PSS... after reading all 50 chaperters released so far... the main change does seem to be the dog... manga handled it better and much, much faster... they really expanded that character, and IMO not in a good way, but not much else was changed.. in a second season, the quick home visit could be done, as no one was there, nothing happened, a non event... and as for the helicopter scene, if the writer is the same as the manga, then it seems that that has been intentionally changed, as those in charge of the helicopter found one of those balloon cards the girls sent out, but in the anime, it was found by a girl in school uniform... was it Kei?... in the manga, Mii thought perhaps she saw her walking unto the school grounds as a zombie as they were getting away.... so that's the major change. Does seem set up for a second season... perhaps a few more chapters are needed... 60? as the current situation remains the same... visit the other safe places... and that corporation is the last... if I understand it right. Manga is getting interesting just now... and most of the 'stupid' stuff can simply be called lack of situational awareness, especially given the isolated situation of the others they encountered.

Last edited by gdpetti; 2016-10-27 at 19:41. Reason: another note of interest
gdpetti is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manga time kirara, read the manga, seinen, slice of life, zombie apocalypse