AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-30, 05:31   Link #41
Clarste
Human

It's important to realize that Keima is just crazy. Trying to attribute his attitude to anything that happened in his past is missing the whole point of the character. He's just a weird guy.
Old 2010-10-30, 08:32   Link #42
mtarzaim

I see Keima like a Light Yagami (Death Note).
A magnificient bastard in a Harem setting.

Except he doesn't try to bend the world to his ideals.
He has chosen to let it to those who are enjoying it, and has built his very own.

This aside, he's a highly intelligent, extremely strongwilled character.
He's just too idealistic to accept the real world, with his lies, hypocrisy and mocked feelings.

He might be the (un)holy fusion between Rorschach (no compromise!), Sheldon Cooper (Mr BetterThanUallTogether) and Gregory House (world sux... and you too!).
Old 2010-10-30, 09:18   Link #43
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

When I saw Ep 4...it's when I finally realize his never-ending passion to dating sims...scary.

He betted his record for a...
Spoiler for Ep4 spoiler kinda:
Old 2010-10-30, 15:39   Link #44
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
When I saw Ep 4...it's when I finally realize his never-ending passion to dating sims...scary.

He betted his record for a...
Spoiler for Ep4 spoiler kinda:
The question is... Did he know about the bug for the game before he bought it? If so it just shows how passionate he is towards his heroines, and how dedicated he is to finally see the ending. Even if its sorta creepy, its also kinda cool in some ways.

I mean... If he bought the game, knowing about the bug and everyone giving up on it, then it would just show that he really wants to finally reach the endings to his heroines no matter what. If he did not know about the bug until he first played it, it would show that he is truly dedicated in his games o.o
Old 2010-10-30, 19:05   Link #45
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The question is... Did he know about the bug for the game before he bought it? If so it just shows how passionate he is towards his heroines, and how dedicated he is to finally see the ending. Even if its sorta creepy, its also kinda cool in some ways.

I mean... If he bought the game, knowing about the bug and everyone giving up on it, then it would just show that he really wants to finally reach the endings to his heroines no matter what. If he did not know about the bug until he first played it, it would show that he is truly dedicated in his games o.o
I think he knew about the bug before he bought it. He talked about how no one had been able to beat the game before (because of the bug), and thus he bought it to find out it it's really that hard.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:50   Link #46
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It's important to realize that Keima is just crazy. Trying to attribute his attitude to anything that happened in his past is missing the whole point of the character. He's just a weird guy.
I'm not saying anything happened in his past. Some chapter with his mom showed that Keima had an obsessive interest in games since he was a baby. What I'm saying is that his weirdness is the fact that he's never had an interest in the real world.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:57   Link #47
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post

He has chosen to let it to those who are enjoying it, and has built his very own.

He's just too idealistic to accept the real world, with his lies, hypocrisy and mocked feelings.

He might be the (un)holy fusion between Rorschach (no compromise!), Sheldon Cooper (Mr BetterThanUallTogether) and Gregory House (world sux... and you too!).
Nah, he ain't nothin like sheldon. I'd rather say he only knows 1 thing well, like the dude from Lie to Me, what's his name again? Dr (Yagami) Lightman
Old 2010-11-01, 19:45   Link #48
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I'm not saying anything happened in his past. Some chapter with his mom showed that Keima had an obsessive interest in games since he was a baby. What I'm saying is that his weirdness is the fact that he's never had an interest in the real world.
If thats true, its not generally the fact that he never had an interest in the real world in the first place. It was just the fact that he was influenced by gaming before he even had a chance to experience the real world (even though he makes those comments about the real world) till Elsie came in.
Old 2010-11-02, 05:10   Link #49
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post

It's actually both.

He knew about how ridiculuously hard that game was that no one has completed it, and even as he finally realizes the problem (the stupid bug), he still persists to finish it.

Wow!
Old 2010-11-08, 00:17   Link #50
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Anybody here watching Ore no Imouto?

If so, what do people think of the idea of how Keima would interact with Kirino (from the Ore no Imouto anime)? I have to admit I've been kind of fascinated lately by the idea of such a crossover.

Both of these characters are majorly into eroges, and it's not hard to see how Kirino might idolize a master eroge player like Keima.

On the other hand, though, Kirino is one of those dreaded "3D Idols" that Keima doesn't like.

It might be interesting to see what would happen if they met in person. Even more interesting, perhaps, if they met in person after Kirino got to know Keima well over the internet from getting eroge advice from him.
Old 2010-11-08, 02:33   Link #51
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I can't think of how Kirino react to male character, or Keima in this case, to say the truth...
She could debate with Keima about eroge, but she's still a million years early (in games) to do so

She may take Elsie home through.
Old 2010-11-08, 09:54   Link #52
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Anybody here watching Ore no Imouto?

If so, what do people think of the idea of how Keima would interact with Kirino (from the Ore no Imouto anime)? I have to admit I've been kind of fascinated lately by the idea of such a crossover.

Both of these characters are majorly into eroges, and it's not hard to see how Kirino might idolize a master eroge player like Keima.

On the other hand, though, Kirino is one of those dreaded "3D Idols" that Keima doesn't like.

It might be interesting to see what would happen if they met in person. Even more interesting, perhaps, if they met in person after Kirino got to know Keima well over the internet from getting eroge advice from him.
Kirino isn't an idol, where'd you get that from?
She's a fashion model, nothing more. Since Keima doesn't read girl's fashion magazines, he'd never know. Even if he knew, I doubt he'd care.

If the two met, Keima would show his usual reaction to 3D girls and completely ignore her
Then, Kirino would look what he's playing there and find it's the latest eroge, and ask him something about it (something she has a problem with). Keima would be quite surprised at first, but then explain just all too happily. After that, the two would easily become best friends. They might even become lovers, if Keima drops his dislike of 3D girls after finding one who actually shares his hobby
Old 2010-11-11, 00:49   Link #53
Kamonichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
I think he knew about the bug before he bought it. He talked about how no one had been able to beat the game before (because of the bug), and thus he bought it to find out it it's really that hard.
I think he bought the game and later learned of the bug. At the very least, the anime shows a flashback of him carrying home the First Release of the game, which I would think means he bought it opening week, if not opening day. He probably bought it first day but didn't play it immediately. I do it all the time with games, but even after learning about the bug, he just kept playing to save the heroine.

I will say, though, that he is sort of the ideal god: someone who has seen enough of people's circumstances to be able to help them no matter what. True, he's only seen enough circumstances in video game-form, and the devil has to make him help the people, but hey, beggars can't be god-choosers.
Old 2010-11-11, 01:05   Link #54
Xacual

Spoiler for Ep 4 Game, stuff from further into the manga I suppose?:

Of course having to capture girls probably eats into his available time.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2010-11-14, 15:01   Link #55
Linkark07
Yokoso Gypsy

He is one of my favorite anime and manga characters. Intelligent, cold, and a gamer till the end of his life, that's what I like of him as a character.
Spoiler for Manga:
Old 2010-11-14, 18:23   Link #56
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamonichan View Post
I think he bought the game and later learned of the bug. At the very least, the anime shows a flashback of him carrying home the First Release of the game, which I would think means he bought it opening week, if not opening day. He probably bought it first day but didn't play it immediately. I do it all the time with games, but even after learning about the bug, he just kept playing to save the heroine.

I will say, though, that he is sort of the ideal god: someone who has seen enough of people's circumstances to be able to help them no matter what. True, he's only seen enough circumstances in video game-form, and the devil has to make him help the people, but hey, beggars can't be god-choosers.
My theory is that the bugged game is a really old game (think Tokimeki memorial). It is released before he is the capturing god (or maybe even before he was born). Thus he didn't beat it on the first day of release. He knows the bugs and still buy and challenge the game because he is the capturing god who won't abandon any heroine.

Keima is the type of person who would buy both version if there are first and second release available.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
Old 2010-11-17, 20:02   Link #57
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
Kirino isn't an idol, where'd you get that from?
She's a fashion model, nothing more. Since Keima doesn't read girl's fashion magazines, he'd never know. Even if he knew, I doubt he'd care.

If the two met, Keima would show his usual reaction to 3D girls and completely ignore her
Then, Kirino would look what he's playing there and find it's the latest eroge, and ask him something about it (something she has a problem with). Keima would be quite surprised at first, but then explain just all too happily. After that, the two would easily become best friends. They might even become lovers, if Keima drops his dislike of 3D girls after finding one who actually shares his hobby
Nice proposition, but Kirino is a closet-otaku, and she only loves sis-con eroge, not unless Keima...somehow was playing sis-con PFP eroge at the time. XD Oh God...Elsie. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
My theory is that the bugged game is a really old game (think Tokimeki memorial). It is released before he is the capturing god (or maybe even before he was born). Thus he didn't beat it on the first day of release. He knows the bugs and still buy and challenge the game because he is the capturing god who won't abandon any heroine.

Keima is the type of person who would buy both version if there are first and second release available.
P.S. He bought the game knowing no one can beat it. Besides, I wonder if he has already finished the game?
Old 2010-11-17, 23:14   Link #58
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Spoiler for Ep 4 Game, stuff from further into the manga I suppose?:

Of course having to capture girls probably eats into his available time.
Either that he was pretty broke at that time to buy the game, or that he was too busy capturing the 2nd escaped soul. Pretty hard to tell, I would have thought that it was because of the constant playing and getting bugs when he got it on release date that kept him distracted. But the game was released for quite awhile, and he only played it for awhile.. So its pretty hard to tell.
Old 2010-11-19, 02:16   Link #59
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtarzaim View Post

Think of him more as a gallant knight of some sort. He's realizing that not only do the girls in the dating sims he plays have stories and secrets that they want to tell people, but girls in real life do too. He seems to have this sense of duty driving him to hear the stories of these troubled girls, and then make them realize that their troubles are only as troubling as they allow them to be.
Old 2010-11-19, 09:50   Link #60
tsunade666

the latest episode of makes me think that the Kami in the anime looks stupid -_-......

and I don't know. I like the voice but the way it cracks jokes every here and their and start shouting..... he doesn't look that awesome.

Tags
characters