AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2005-12-23, 17:05   Link #21
cry
Berry Bunny

thanks a lot!
miwako is really really cute, and they kept her clothes from the manga, that's great ^ i love her voice and mikako's one too^
(i'd like to see gokinjo monogatari anime...)
cry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 11:17   Link #22
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

I'd like to see Neighborhood Stories also ; ; I've searched high and low and couldn't find anything except that it is 50 episodes long lol

I read the manga, well, not ALL of it, but most of it and I really loved it.

I really like how Paradise Kiss ties in the other anime, after reading Neighborhood Stories, it gave more depth to Paradise Kiss for me.

[edit]And here's a freebie avatar I made.. its not that great but I think its cute

[/edit]

Last edited by deathsvengeance; 2005-12-24 at 12:02.
deathsvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 12:34   Link #23
Wellice
.::.Blueberry Pie.::.

Yeah, I know what you mean. Ai sensei's first three manga series are all inter-linked together. We've got Ken from Tenshi linking to Gokinjo Monogatari, and then the link of the whole family thing between Miwako and Mikako. I think it's really clever.

Anyways, about the Gokinjo Monogatari anime. I watched a bit of it when I was little but it's imposible to find now. If only a group could pick it up and sub it. *If they find the raw that is*

Personally I think the Parakiss anime could have been done better. It's all a bit rushed to be honest. I know the manga itself was set in a really short amount of time but it was all very detailed and you can clearly see the characters develop. For example, in the Manga Arashi really hated Hiro and was REALLY pissed off that Miwako saw Hiro without telling him. But the way they showed that feeling was really vague in the anime. Arashi didn't even look surprise that Miwako saw Hiro...

Even though I said that I think it could have been better, I still really like it. It's just the fact that I can see everyone moving that's cool. lol

P.S. Arashi's not as fit as he was in the manga. *Cry*
Wellice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-24, 12:41   Link #24
Srin Tuar
無謀

Comments on ep 11
Spoiler:
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 05:38   Link #25
EricMontreal22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellice
Yeah, I know what you mean. Ai sensei's first three manga series are all inter-linked together. We've got Ken from Tenshi linking to Gokinjo Monogatari, and then the link of the whole family thing between Miwako and Mikako. I think it's really clever.

Anyways, about the Gokinjo Monogatari anime. I watched a bit of it when I was little but it's imposible to find now. If only a group could pick it up and sub it. *If they find the raw that is*
Ya there ar emore ties--there was a side story in vol 5 of Gokinjo about when Mikako was in Jr High and th emain character in the side story had as her tutor a character from Tenshi etc etc.

I have the gokinjo movie (30 mins long) and the Tenshi OAV on DVD from an old fansub and I knwo the first 14 eps of Gokinjo have been done though i can't find them fansubed anywhere. The whole series was just remastered and reissued on DVD in Japan probably to cash in on Yazawa's huge success lately and I'm sitll hoping some digisubber group pics it up

E
EricMontreal22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-25, 10:10   Link #26
Wellice

Yeah, Yazawa is getting pretty darn successful. Not that we weren't expecting it but everything's happing for her now. With the Nana movie and then the Parakiss anime. Now Gokinjo Monogatari and Tenshi are both being re-released in manga form. AND the soon to be Nana anime to be aired in Japan around late 2006. X3 Can't wait.

Really, really hope that a fansub group picks up Gokinjo Monogatari. I really have seached everywhere for it. I faintly remember that it was done in a more Yazawa way. You know, the lanky bodies and the lips. ;D
Old 2005-12-25, 21:07   Link #27
EricMontreal22

I thought Nana was set for April? is it now later this year? ah well-I can't wait--i think I like Nana even more than ParaKiss. I heard it would be ina late night slot so will it be in the noitamina block that ParaKiss and before it Honey and Clover will be in? And will anything directly replace ParaKiss in that slot in Jan?

Ya I'm glad Yazawa is gettign so big. But she is special IMHO--i'm a bit tired of most "school girl" manga/anime yet Gokinjo and even Tenshi her first big hit both are somehow refreshing. While not as "mature" as paraKiss Nana becuase they're aimed at the Ribon younger crowd they still have a depth or something to them that I think is missing from many similar Ribon manga (even compared to Marmalade Kiss from the same period, which I enjoyed a lot, Gokinjo is more advanced I think).

It's nice that the major voice actors for Mikako and th eothers in Gokinjo returned to cameo for the voice roles of the same characters in ParaKiss

Ya gokinjo's anime is very fairhful to themanga character designs (to be fair I think Yazawa's style has changed slightly so that the characters aren't quite as lanky--she was at her most extreme for Gokinjo). When the Xmas rush is gone I can maybe work something out with you for my fansub fo the movie (and Tenshi oav), if you still need it or I can try to create and hsot my first torrent or something. *thinks* but the show deserves to be picked up--I guess it's just about someone paying the money for the box set.

I'd also liek to see a subtitled version fo the live action film based on her excellent supernatural manga Last QUarter that was a hit in Japan last year.

E
Old 2005-12-26, 23:15   Link #28
deathsvengeance
Dreams in Fear

I think you mean Marmelade Boy I loved that show, its a little less mature than Gokinjo and Parakiss, Yazawa's stuff is more advanced in that aspect for sure.
deathsvengeance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 05:22   Link #29
EricMontreal22

Ya--man I shouldn't post after drinking rum and eggnog

(I loved Mar Boy too but ya...)

E
Old 2005-12-27, 12:07   Link #30
wao
OK.

I put this off after Mushishi and Noein on my backlog-catchup list, thinking that it might not tur out so nice after all - since, despite all my harping on about how surprised I was, it still has 2 things going against it for my tastes: fashion (as a central theme), and shoujo.

But I must eat my words until I can't eat them anymore. I didn't think it would be this good.

It's already 5 minuets to 1 am, but I have to say that I was just almost wanting to scream "YES!" at the end of episode 9. After I felt a genuine twang of sadness at the end of episode 8. And at the end of episode 10, I'm kicking W**** for not having any copies of 11. WHERE is it?!?!!?!! AAARGH...

And some pointless seiyuu trivia by the way:
-3 people who popped up in FMA:
Yukari's mother was voiced by Izumi Curtis (FMA)'s seiyuu.
Young Isabella was voiced by Alphonse's seiyuu. AKA Taiki AKA Touko AKA Hotaru...
George's mother was voiced by Al and Ed's own mother...

-2 unusual seiyuus from BECK popped up lately: the eccentric Porche Okite (aka. Saitou, the british music-loving fat swimming dude), and Enapou (aka. Kayo the kogal). They popped up in episode 10 (Noriji) and 9 (school nurse) respectively...
-For the record, Minami Maho from BECK has the same seiyuu as Kaori Asou...
-Young George (what a prick indeed) is voiced by Ash Ketchum's Japanese voice.

Also, episode 10 was storyboarded by Rintaro. That name should be familiar to some.

Aaargh ep 11, ep 11... Come on... I can't comment anymore in the extremely dangerous but plausible event that I get socarried away I forget to sleep.
Old 2005-12-27, 14:30   Link #31
AisuruMirai
箱者

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricMontreal22
Does anyone knwo if the second fansub group have given up doing this series?
They haven't given up on it. ParaKiss is specifically listed as "Active" at F-B. I looked at the AF-F forum & they were taking a long time to find the OP lyrics for some reason. Also, they recently released a whole bunch of Mahou Shoujo Tai episodes, & a new show called (I think) Itsudatte My Santa. F-B is busy w/ other projects too, of course. I get the impression that AF-F doesn't give up on anything, no matter how slow the progress becomes. For instance, I noticed that they are only working on ep11 of a 26-episode series that ended in June b/c they want someone fluent in Latin to properly translate certain parts.

がんばって、みんあ! I covet your subs. I think that someone else mentioned that the IY4E & Open-Sea subs don't suck anymore, but I'd prefer to have one group's subs. Or: Does anyone know how to hack subs to fix the errors myself?

アイスル未来

Edit: HEY! Wao came back! I didn't refresh the page, so it seemed as if it was while I was writing, but actually it was 2 & a half hours ago.

Okaeri, Wao!

Last edited by AisuruMirai; 2005-12-27 at 14:48.
AisuruMirai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-27, 18:05   Link #32
EricMontreal22

Wao great to read you changed your mind. To be fair ParaKiss isn't typical shoujo if you ask me--it's more grown up because it's aimed at an older audience (well older than what shoujo is typically animated). The Noitamina slot is I think an experiment to see if Josei anime will work (Josei or older girl manga in general is one of the last areas where popular titles still are very rarely animated just because traditionally there wasn't a huge audience in that subgenre for anime) and so far seems pretty successful artistically and commercially (ParaKiss and Honey and Clover). I wonder if anything is lined up to immediately follow ParaKiss and if the planed Nana anime is set for the same slot

E
Old 2005-12-27, 19:46   Link #33
Wellice

Quote:

I'd also liek to see a subtitled version fo the live action film based on her excellent supernatural manga Last QUarter that was a hit in Japan last year.

E
I've actully got the mvie myself. I've had it for a long time now but I still haven't finished watching it. It's really different from the manga from what I've seen so far. >. < If you want it you can PM me and I'll see what I can do.

I really want to know if the ending's gonna be similar to the manga. I wasn't really impressed with it to be honest. Yawaza sensei doesn't really leave people hanging off a cliff when she finishes her mangas but I really didn't like that ending. It was appropriate but I wasn't happy.
Old 2005-12-28, 02:10   Link #34
wao
OK.

Well, I've already expressed that I was liking it before I went off, but I still didn't think it was going to get better.

And EricMontreal22 you're right about the difference between shoujo and josei. And the great thing is that this josei doesn't make itself 'more mature' simply by merit of the sex and the older characters. Some of the issues - such as the mother-child relationships and the balancing of dreams/ambitions with reality - may be found in shoujo shows, but such things in this show don't get solved so easily and aren't portrayed as superficial problems.

I've still got that scene of George pulling back Yukari's bag with that "Don't go" expression on his face etched in my mind. I think it's left a big impression behind, and it's changed my view of Yukari and George very much. It certainly had a big impact on me, anyway.

Also, like I've said enough times, I'm really happy with the direction although I can understand some would dislike it. It takes a certain amount of skill/talent to be able to get this feeling of reality and distance just by the arrangement of items in a scene and a certain camera position. But - I wouldn't have believed myself saying this - credit also must go to the original work. The characters play off each other extremely well, and the events, rushed/shortened as they are (there's no choice), still show a well-thought story underneath. And the basis of the scenes, even the layouts in some of them, must've come from the manga.
I don't know why exactly, but that bit in ep... 10? Yukari running to the car and seeing George sleeping in it. I thought that whole scene was brilliant. It said so much without words. It's rare to find such a quietly powerful scene in normal anime, it seems.

I'm going to watch ep 11 soon...
Old 2005-12-28, 02:20   Link #35
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
The Noitamina slot is I think an experiment to see if Josei anime will work (Josei or older girl manga in general is one of the last areas where popular titles still are very rarely animated just because traditionally there wasn't a huge audience in that subgenre for anime) and so far seems pretty successful artistically and commercially (ParaKiss and Honey and Clover). I wonder if anything is lined up to immediately follow ParaKiss and if the planed Nana anime is set for the same slot
I was just aware that Noitamina slot is a prime-time slot, but after checking with mahou's showtime listings:

Paradise Kiss Fall 05 Fuji TV MADHOUSE Friday 12:35AM

I don't think that's primetime. I think the prime reason why josei was only recently animated is because it's probably more cost-effective as a live-action drama. After all, these shows cannot advertise model kits, figurines, doujin games. That's why they really made the effort to actually open up a fashion store.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-28, 02:47   Link #36
wao
OK.

Noitamina was never a prime-time slot, which was why Hachikuro's ratings of over 4% for some episodes was phenomenal for that timeslot; and which is why they've gone on to make a live-action of it and they're planning more shows for Noitamina, from what I hear. If it brings more well-produced, truly enjoyable shows such as this and H&C (with enough variation though!), then I'm all for it.

Didn't anyone take note of the ratings for the show while I was gone? I'm a little too distracted to find them now... but up till ep 6 they were averaging around 3% I think. That's still pretty awesome for an animated show so late in the night. Usually they get around 1%-ish...
Old 2005-12-28, 07:47   Link #37
EricMontreal22

Ya froma ll I've heard they're pleased with the ratings all in all

If anything the budget for recent eps seems better than for early shows so...

E
Old 2005-12-30, 07:31   Link #38
schoko

I just finished ep 5 and i love it.^^

As I had read the manga before I knew that I would like it, so yeah. I did XD

nothing more to say really. except for this: why why why can't I dl this from my school? *sob*

anyway, still love it^^.
schoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 09:08   Link #39
beansprouts
五月天

I had pretty high expectations for Parakiss before the series start, the first few episdoes were kind of disappointing, not that they weren't good, but just not good enough. However, the recent few episodes had been really really good, I am glad to say that I am really enjoying the show right now.

Just watched episode 10, when Yukari first appeared in the dress. I was slightly peeved that the anime didn't show the full version of the dress, probably saving it for the next episode. I don't know much about fashion... but I must say that dress is really, um over the top and costumey.
beansprouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-30, 10:07   Link #40
wao
OK.

Frankly speaking I am a bit disappointed with episode 11, I thought it was not dynamic enough, despite being a Kobayashi-storyboarded episode. I think while I can certainly credit and praise him for some good points about the show, I must admit there have been some problems still - which is all quite normal, it's still one of the better anime out there IMO. And he's still quite young... this is I think the first project of this type that he's done. (I still don't know why they picked him exactly though.)

reading the synopsis for episode 12, it seems like they're going with the manga ending. And while I think it makes a lot of sense and I'd actually like to see it, it seems a little strange because the story was rushed. It had to be, unfortunately. (however, ultimately I think one season must have worked better for the production schedule, etc.) I think even one more episode still could have helped, but I guess there's just some things that can't be helped.
It's not like there was absolutely no clue of it coming - episode 11 gave off a few warning signs, and I guess if you think about it carefully, it's like Garten said:
Spoiler:

But I shouldn't judge until I actually watch the episode.

Tags
drama, noitamina, romance