AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-09-28, 01:41   Link #601
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyovermind
===nitroplus
saya no uta (song of saya)
Heh, definitely an odd one out if the list... ^^;;
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 04:11   Link #602
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
Heh, definitely an odd one out if the list... ^^;;
I played that game in two halfs. The first half made me sick for a whole week (nearly vomitted)... and I stopped playing it. After a while when I picked up the 2nd half, it's not worse than a first class mystery / horror novel.

I heard that someone is translating that game, wish him luck...]

Last edited by luckyovermind; 2006-09-28 at 09:09.
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-28, 11:47   Link #603
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Spoiler for for long quote:
Hmmm...my favourite type of B-games...cry...
I better start learning Japanese
Old 2006-09-29, 19:22   Link #604
Gundam Pilot

I never heard of an Ero-game but Hentai games!? WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gundam Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-29, 19:24   Link #605
arias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Pilot
I never heard of an Ero-game but Hentai games!? WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hear the tissue industry rejoice.
arias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 05:44   Link #606
ansaris
Mikuru-chan get!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmoo
i've discovered that problem, but my laptop wants the installation cd to install the japanese language pack---which i lost.
Changing Language and Regional Settings to Japanese is not really necessary, all that is needed are the Japanese fonts. Some swear by this.. You can probably find the pack torrented somewhere if you can't find your Windows CD.
ansaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 08:11   Link #607
martino
makes no files now

Have any of the "Welcome to Pia Carrot" games been released in english?
Old 2006-09-30, 12:46   Link #608
dont

Quote:
There are, in total, five games in the memories off series, with a few spinoffs as well.
-

ONE ~kagayaku kisetsu e~ (1998)
You play the role of a high school students named Sasaori Kouhei, who on the surface is enjoying high school life by meeting several girls. But deep within in his inner self, you yearn to spend an eternity with your sister, who died several years ago - one in which you blame yourself for her death.
---------------------------------------------------

You see the parallels here? XD
"ONE" is Original A PC ERO GAME FORM the STAFF of KANON,AIR and CLNNAD
dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-30, 13:22   Link #609
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

くそ~~~~! The meteor has landed~~It's a direct impact! (on my wallet >.<) Yukichi-san is down! down!

(Just ignore my inane ramblings of you don't understand it ^^;; )

*cough* Back the main topic, a ton of eroge was released a few hours ago (excluding preorders) and some of the titles out look really promising. Just to name a few on my watch list~

ぽっと -Rondo for Dears-
I fell in love with the character designs on first sight, expecially Asuha <3. While Ankh games have never made a solid impression on me (natsu natsu), Potto looks to be a good production.

魔法、ひとつくださいな (Mahou, hitotsu kudasai na)
Fairly interesting storyline involving magic. The main character comes from a lineage of famous magicians, though he himself sucks at it. (Louise from ZnT? Kazuki from Maburaho?) I seem to be drawn to these type of settings lately ^^;;

PP - Pianissimo
Looks to be a outstanding suspense thriller from the main web intro. Innocent Gray's previous title Cartagra (カルタグラ) is one of the best suspense/murder/thrillers games I've ever played. I have high expectations for this one~ Definately check it out into it of you like murder mysteries!

Balder Bullet Revellion
The highly anticipated Balder Bullet Remake. No description needed. They revamped the ADV portion of the original game, the ACT portion has met with mixed reviews though...

Silvery White ~君と出逢った理由~
Excellent art and character models. The box art just screams buy me ^^;; The storyline looks fairly standard, but with a few twists involving legend/myths and mysterious powers. Reminds me of the 舞-HiME game.

カラフル アクアリウム (Colorful Aquarium)
Debut game from Eufonie. Absolutely love the character designs (too moe~) Story basis is a lighthearted, school comedy with maids ^^ A winning combination indeed!

Last edited by Cloudnine; 2006-09-30 at 15:41.
Old 2006-09-30, 22:20   Link #610
dont

PP - Pianissimo
2 round end, it's bad than caratagura

Balder Bullet Revellion
just play the action part,the story part is not good

Silvery White
one of my friend tell me this game is good,i'm not start yet
dont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 07:15   Link #611
martino
makes no files now

All of them in Japansese, huh...

There don't seem to be any new game released in english though...
Old 2006-10-01, 15:07   Link #612
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
Well, if you're talking about major productions from noteworthy companies (i.e. the types of games that get animated), the amount that get released in English each year (commercially or otherwise) is at or pretty near zero. And even if you broaden your scope to include any ero-game/visual novel releases of any kind (including those where story is decidedly less of a focus), you'd still be lucky if there were one a month (if that). So yeah... basically, until the English market really increases significantly, I think that's simply the way it'll be. And if the abysmal sales at Hirameki are any indicator, it looks like it'll be that way for a while. As usual, the answer is to keep brushing up on your Japanese...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-01, 16:16   Link #613
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Two other games that came out on the 29th. These I'll definitely be getting soon this week~! (・∀・)b

いな☆こい! (Ina☆koi!)
Played the demo and loved it! Excellent art and overall production, especially the OP~ (< grab it here >) The basis of the story looks like your standard school life scenario, but with a bit of an twist involving goddesses (kitsunemimi <3). Sudden cohabitation with a goddess? Only in bishoujo games! ( ´ー`)b

こんな娘がいたら (abbrev. Conboku)
Conbuku is very different from the games Akabeesoft has made in the past. Their last game, Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo is a masterpiece in scriptwriting, rivalling Key in terms of story and character depth. Hopefully the dialogue and script in Conboku will match their previous works (despite following the more standard fare bishoujo style). I have faith though since Akabeesoft rarely ever dissapoints~ ^^
Old 2006-10-02, 09:07   Link #614
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Have any of the "Welcome to Pia Carrot" games been released in english?
I do know someone is translating the first PIA game, the project page this here:
http://www.mattsmessyroom.com/projects.html#pia
It started about half a year ago and is now up to 33% of the script.

Quote:
All of them in Japansese, huh...
Well, can't complain about that... I, too, am "patiently" waiting for the wind a breath of heart english patch, which gipface san is likely to hold that up for another month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudnine
くそ~~~~! The meteor has landed~~It's a direct impact! (on my wallet >.<) Yukichi-san is down! down!
[SIZE="1"]
Man... Your wallet is going to be depleted in no time... I'm starting to worry about you...
luckyovermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 13:12   Link #615
martino
makes no files now

I'm waiting for the Wind patch as well. I even brought the damn game in Japanese...and all I can understand is "konnichi wa"(well, maybe a bit more, but it doesn't make any difference).
Old 2006-10-02, 14:23   Link #616
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
As usual, the answer is to keep brushing up on your Japanese...
No, the answer is to spread awareness of the genre. Sales aren't going to rise out of nowhere.
Quote:
I even brought the damn game
I don't understand why people feel the need to insert an r into the word BOUGHT.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-02, 19:05   Link #617
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dont
PP - Pianissimo
2 round end
I'll try to guess what that means... You cleared the game once, but it was too painful to go through it a second time (for scene/CG collection), so you had to give up... どう?当たってるかな

I played the demo for it and fell in love with the atmosphere (which is something innocent grey is great at, apparantly). I suppose its story might be a possible weakness, which would be fatal for a suspense thriller. Hopefully it can pass my standard.

==========================
For the sake of getting some feedback, I'll paste on a mini review I wrote on ef over at Aquastar.

ef -First Fan Disk-

First of all, this is only a "preview" version of the full game, ef - a fairy tale of the two (which wil be released in two installments, as ef - the first tale and ef - the latter tale). The -First Fan Disk- package includes various bonus goods, such as setting booklets and comics, as well as the main game disk.

The game itself was short (after all, it's only a "preview" of the actual game, the first of which will be released in December), and I mean short. No matter how slow of a reader you are, you'll get through this in less than an hour. Most eroge demos are longer than that. ^^;

Considering that this was only meant to give the gamers "a taste" of what the full game will be like, I'd say minori did a very good job. However, for such a short "game", the 2,500 yen price tag does seem a little expensive, even with the bonus goods.

First of all, and most importantly, the game has amazing visuals. Not only are the CGs beautiful, there are plenty of movements too: eye blinks and mouth movements are a standard, and plenty of variations in character portraits.

One thing minori mentioned in an interview is that they wanted to break the traditional image of a visual novel where a character is usually presented as a tachie (立ち絵, a standing portrait) on screen, placed over the same background image that gets reused all the time. Only once in a while does an original image appear as an "event CG".

Instead, they wanted to go for a game where the visuals remain fresh (as opposed to seeing the same portraits over the same backgrounds over and over again) through methods such as manipulating the camera viewpoint/angles and creating art variations that's unique to every scene. By doing this, minori is hoping to give the game a "cinamatic" feel, as if it's like watching a movie.

The results are quite impressive, even regular talk scenes appeared to look like special events, even though it's really just the result of unique placement of camera viewpoints and character portraits over background images that may change to reflect interactions from the characters.

Not only are the screenplays unique, the characters show quite a bit of animated movements too for a visual novel (eye blinks, mouth movements, occasional body movements). For talking scenes (like the church scene with Yuuko above), you can be tricked into thinking you're watching a super-high quality anime. ^^;

While I'm on the topic of quality, let's talk about the art. Having an innovative idea for visual presentation is great, but the art has to look good too. As you can see from the screenshots, there's no need to worry about that either. The "completion level" (the amount of details placed into the art by an artist before it's declared "done") for the arts in this game is very high. You can't complain with Nanao Naru-san as the character arts/designer either. As for backgrounds, well, I'll let them speak for themselves.

The background scenaries give off quite a strong European look, but some parts are quite Japanese-ish too. It's quite an interesting blend.

As for the sound department, the character voices are all very fitting of their image. Yuuko's cheerful voice was a little surprising at first, because I didn't expect her to be such a bright type, but it felt just right after a while.

The music is the usual blend of instruments, the "daily life" category of tracks are all nicely paced and soothing to the ears. The piano tracks aren't bad either. The violin track in the end was a nice surprise too.

Finally, the all-important story. Honestly, there's not enough here for me to judge yet. After all, this is more like an introductory disk where the main characters from the first arc of the game make their appearances. I got through this in 30 minutes, and nothing spectacular happened in particular.

I will admit though, the concept is very interesting: different main characters with either stories occuring during different episodes, yet, all of them are connected to each other in some ways, ultimating weaving them all together into one single tale. Main characters from one episode may become supporting characters in another episode, while people they're related to one way or another become main character themselves. I suppose what minori is trying to do with ef is to demonstrate the complexity and intricacies of human relationships, not unlike some western TV dramas, I suppose. ^^;

Anyway, that's that. The game has already proven itself worthy in the visual and sound department. If the story is actually any good, then we might have a winner in our hands (provided they can maintain this kind of visual quality throughout the game, which will be hard).

ef -the first tale- will be out in 2 months, I look forward to it. ^^
Sushi-Y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-03, 01:57   Link #618
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
I don't understand why people feel the need to insert an r into the word BOUGHT.
Sorry, it's a typo. It's not like the world has ended...
Old 2006-10-03, 02:11   Link #619
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
*ef*
Looks really good. Backgrounds may even give Prism Ark a run for its money.
Old 2006-10-03, 11:31   Link #620
JarOfMayo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
I played the demo for it and fell in love with the atmosphere (which is something innocent grey is great at, apparantly). I suppose its story might be a possible weakness, which would be fatal for a suspense thriller. Hopefully it can pass my standard.

ef -the first tale- will be out in 2 months, I look forward to it. ^^
Ohhhh yeah same for me Pianoissmo is just something that drew me in so well. And yeah... something about ending the demo on a gorey cliffhanger was making me go huh?

Yes... I await ef too ;-; so well done. I remember I read a review that actually... complained that due to the approach taken, they basically bonked the CG mode from the game lol. Pretty sure its not available in the trial right?
JarOfMayo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel