AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-01-17, 17:22   Link #4261
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Jim Caldwell fired, officially. Now the front office for Indy will be brand new.

Wolfram Alpha are now doing NFL stats.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 19:33   Link #4262
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Jim Caldwell fired, officially. Now the front office for Indy will be brand new.

And throw in the likelyhood of drafting Andrew Luck... Manning's days as a Colt could very well be numbered.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 19:47   Link #4263
Drob_QB7
AYE SIR!

And the Colts are getting closer to becoming a failed franchise.
Drob_QB7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 20:04   Link #4264
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Eh, a good QB can make you better quickly. I should know after seeing the major improvement the Panthers had this season despite having a defense with some players that probably couldn't make an AFL team.

Funny, I remember that this time last year I was cursing up a storm because Luck had decided to stay for another year and the QBs (Newton, Gabbert, Mallet) were suspect. Up two weeks before the draft, nobody knew whether the Panthers were going to draft Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, WR AJ Green, DT Marcel Dareus, or whoever else. When Newton was drafted, the Carolina Panthers forum was so divided, flame wars broke out on almost every thread. Some people wanted Dareus because DT was a big need and it still is. I'm glad Cam was drafted, though. The Buffalo Bills defense was still terrible despite getting Dareus. Not saying he is a bust yet, but the QB position is the most important position on the field.

Now that the QB position is set, we can concentrate on defense this year.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 20:38   Link #4265
monir
cho~ kakkoii

There is no question that Cam Newton is legit. I've seen couple of his regular season game and this guy was ridiculous at the type of throws he consistently made. If he can stay healthy, and stay away from off-season distraction, Panther's future looks bright.

I found this funny:

It's been a while for 49'ers fans, hasn't it?
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 22:26   Link #4266
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post

I found Wolfram Alpha to be very unimpressive in use. The video they have marketing it is certainly cool, but actual effectiveness in use? Low.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 23:22   Link #4267
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post

I found this funny:

It's been a while for 49'ers fans, hasn't it?
Cue hurling...

Oh that's right I have nothing inside of me but a cavern of emptiness and darkness...In my core lies a pit of anguish and crippling pathos so thick to navigate my way out I'd need an ocean of apathy...Apathy unfortunately is what I'm striving for right now, as a taste of that would rival the luminous spectrum of a skittle'd rainbow...I am injured...My flight schedule is grounded, with pepper-like specs coloring my current humanity...
Old 2012-01-17, 23:29   Link #4268
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Cue hurling...

Oh that's right I have nothing inside of me but a cavern of emptiness and darkness...In my core lies a pit of anguish and crippling pathos so thick to navigate my way out I'd need an ocean of apathy...Apathy unfortunately is what I'm striving for right now, as a taste of that would rival the luminous spectrum of a skittle'd rainbow...I am injured...My flight schedule is grounded, with pepper-like specs of coloring my current humanity...
Lol... well, the billboard is at least acknowledging how fearsome of a team the Saints are. No wonder the victory is so sweet for them. The Saints and their fans will be alright for a while as long as Drew Brees is on the helm. You guys will be on top of things again next season.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-17, 23:50   Link #4269
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Cue hurling...

Oh that's right I have nothing inside of me but a cavern of emptiness and darkness...In my core lies a pit of anguish and crippling pathos so thick to navigate my way out I'd need an ocean of apathy...Apathy unfortunately is what I'm striving for right now, as a taste of that would rival the luminous spectrum of a skittle'd rainbow...I am injured...My flight schedule is grounded, with pepper-like specs coloring my current humanity...
Well that's what you get for talking smack all year long. Have fun with your regular season records. 49ers advance. Saints go home. WHO DAT? WE DAT.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 00:02   Link #4270
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Eat it up bro...I would certainty be eating it up at your expense (Probably much better than you just did)...This is the game of trash-talking, and the bitter rewards that follow...I was merely 1:37 away from making your online life a living hell, go figure...We had a f*cking great team, with stars all around, and a style of play so visually enjoyable, it was made for television...I had reason to be proud and talk $hit...I will never get over this loss...I doubt we will ever have a team this good (Certainly not offensively), and I truly believe we were on the cusp of a dynasty had we got past this one game...It's all for not, and that's the NFL...
Old 2012-01-18, 00:37   Link #4271
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
^Eat it up bro...I would certainty be eating it up at your expense (Probably much better than you just did)...This is the game of trash-talking, and the bitter rewards that follow...I was merely 1:37 away from making your online life a living hell, go figure...We had a f*cking great team, with stars all around, and a style of play so visually enjoyable, it was made for television...I had reason to be proud and talk $hit...I will never get over this loss...I doubt we will ever have a team this good (Certainly not offensively), and I truly believe we were on the cusp of a dynasty had we got past this one game...It's all for not, and that's the NFL...
Enjoy The Catch III.

Face it, dome teams are cursed in January when playing outdoors. You guys brought the finesse I'll give you that, but you guys weren't nearly physical enough. Ask Pierre Thomas if the lights have come back on yet. You can wonder all offseason what could have been with your Harlem Globetrotter offense.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。

Last edited by Samari; 2012-01-18 at 01:07.
Old 2012-01-18, 09:12   Link #4272
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I still cringe at that hit Pierre got D:
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 10:03   Link #4273
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Pierre and Chris Ivory were running over people all year, and our two ALL-PRO Guards are the most physical in the game...We were finesse and power, but to the victor goes the spoils...When you win you can just say $hit regardless of it's validity...Them the breaks...

Pierre was killing people all year, even with his limited carries, he just was blown the eff up...It happens...and his injury was a huge factor in us losing this game...6 Turnovers and we still lead in the last minutes..Imagine if we just had 3 or 4, might have been a blowout...What a pity...
Old 2012-01-18, 10:12   Link #4274
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Pierre and Chris Ivory were running over people all year, and our two ALL-PRO Guards are the most physical in the game...We were finesse and power, but to the victor goes the spoils...When you win you can just say $hit regardless of it's validity...Them the breaks...

Pierre was killing people all year, even with his limited carries, he just was blown the eff up...It happens...and his injury was a huge factor in us losing this game...6 Turnovers and we still lead in the last minutes..Imagine if we just had 3 or 4, might have been a blowout...What a pity...
Its not all that impressive and hard to see why considering a year where defenses generally sucked and your Saints trampling a bunch of lowley teams who can't stop an effecient offense. I knew it was only a matter of time before the Saints ran into a good defense with the right formula to beat them.

To be honest though the only "good" defense you played against all year was the Texans (and I guess the Jaguars).
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 10:14   Link #4275
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:

Yeah, but hey hadn't met Willis, Bowman, Smith, and Brooks yet. Number one rushing defense in the NFL for a reason.

Saints didn't have six turnovers either.

Turnovers helped the 49ers, but they were still going to win that game regardless. Seemed like fate. Especially with the way Jenkins and his atrocious tackling continued.

Dome teams in outdoor playoff games = FAIL.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-01-18, 10:57   Link #4276
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Its not all that impressive and hard to see why considering a year where defenses generally sucked and your Saints trampling a bunch of lowley teams who can't stop an effecient offense. I knew it was only a matter of time before the Saints ran into a good defense with the right formula to beat them.

To be honest though the only "good" defense you played against all year was the Texans (and I guess the Jaguars).

We damn near put a 50 Burger on the Giants and they’re arguably playing the best defense in the playoffs right now…The top ranked 49ners D still gave up 32 points…That argument is nil…It’s one thing to be efficient it’s another thing to BLOW PEOPLE OFF THE MAP offensively…So I don’t wanna hear that crap…We played the teams on our schedule, and we utterly destroyed most of them, not just played efficient. I guarantee you the Giants said a prayer to baby Jesus (AKA baby Tebow, aka Jesbow) that they’re playing the niners this week…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari
Turnovers helped the 49ers, but they were still going to win that game regardless. Seemed like fate. Especially with the way Jenkins and his atrocious tackling continued.

Dome teams in outdoor playoff games = FAIL
I give the 49ners O far more credit than the D…We knew their D would be good and capable of making some plays…Thomas, Moore, and Meachem being hurt forced us to play it cautious then we ripped them up as per usual…What I didn’t expect in my wildest dreams was Alex Smith having the poise and accuracy to bring the niners back when their offense was crap the whole 2nd half save for the 2 final drives when it was like Montana was out there…The Saints D had actually played a respectable game given the turnovers, but on those last two drives we disrespected Alex Smith (Which history shows you should do) and we paid the price…You can't put safties on Great Tightends in 1 v1 coverage with the game on the line…That’s why Gregg Williams has another job, because he did the same $hit last year vs. Seattle…
Old 2012-01-18, 12:05   Link #4277
GDB

Quote:
We damn near put a 50 Burger on the Giants and they’re arguably playing the best defense in the playoffs right now…
You have the Ravens and 49ers in the playoffs, and you'd argue the Giants are the best? Are you serious, or just "geauxing" insane?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 12:11   Link #4278
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
We damn near put a 50 Burger on the Giants and they’re arguably playing the best defense in the playoffs right now…The top ranked 49ners D still gave up 32 points…That argument is nil…It’s one thing to be efficient it’s another thing to BLOW PEOPLE OFF THE MAP offensively…So I don’t wanna hear that crap…We played the teams on our schedule, and we utterly destroyed most of them, not just played efficient. I guarantee you the Giants said a prayer to baby Jesus (AKA baby Tebow, aka Jesbow) that they’re playing the niners this week…
32 points, boosted right at the end. Honestly I see teams always finding the will towards the end of games to start putting up points, it happens all the time. So really no surprise that the Saints being who they're started clicking towards the end. The D however did keep the Saints down most of the game and honestly if the 49ers actually had capatalized on all those turnovers, you'd have probably been blown out.

Also you can talk effeciency all you want, but you weren't the only one doing that crap (just better). The Patriots and Packers were also effeciently dominating other teams (at least on the Offense) as well, of course not to the extent of the Saints (probably because the Saints actually have a Defense that can reasonably contribute). But seriously you beat down on a lot of very bad teams, so what? Your offense kicks ass. In this league, where passing seems to trump half the defenses in the league when done well and in a year were defenses sucked more than usual, you can say you dominated all you want, but I personally will never deny the fact that there were plenty of other things that factored into that than just "the Saints were really dominate".

But to each his own, I'd probably be talking a storm about my team as well if they were laying waste to so many teams like yours did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You have the Ravens and 49ers in the playoffs, and you'd argue the Giants are the best? Are you serious, or just "geauxing" insane?
Indeed. Alright, so the Giants are good now, but they were crap until the end of the season (minus a few middle season games).
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-18, 12:31   Link #4279
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:

I give the 49ners O far more credit than the D…We knew their D would be good and capable of making some plays…Thomas, Moore, and Meachem being hurt forced us to play it cautious then we ripped them up as per usual…What I didn’t expect in my wildest dreams was Alex Smith having the poise and accuracy to bring the niners back when their offense was crap the whole 2nd half save for the 2 final drives when it was like Montana was out there…The Saints D had actually played a respectable game given the turnovers, but on those last two drives we disrespected Alex Smith (Which history shows you should do) and we paid the price…You can't put safties on Great Tightends in 1 v1 coverage with the game on the line…That’s why Gregg Williams has another job, because he did the same $hit last year vs. Seattle…
Yeah the 49ers gave up 32 points against a good offense. That is the most they have given up in any game all season long. Even the 2000 Ravens gave up 30 points in a game. And the Giants are not the same team they were when you faced them. So I don't know where you are going with that. They got Justin Tuck and Osi Umenyiora back, two key players.

The defense played well for three and a half quarters. New Orleans was 5/15 on third downs. Saints got two long touchdowns in the final few minutes. If the offense was clicking in the rest of the game, it would have been a blowout for the 49ers. The 49ers offense has bad redzone scoring and they are awful on third downs all season long. That just goes to show you how well the defense plays. They basically had to do double work because of the offensive struggles.

Saints didn't disrespect Alex Smith. They did what they did to any opponent regardless of who it was. Blitz like six or seven guys leaving everyone in one on one coverage or just rush three. That is all Greg Williams does.

New Orleans defense just isn't that great. They had that one "okay" season in 2009 where they got a bunch of turnovers with Sharper in the mix, but once that went out the window, it was all downhill. What impact players do you have? And please don't say Roman Harper, that dude is not that big of a gamebreaker. The game at Seattle where Marshawn Lynch bossed everybody on like a 50 yard just goes to show you the physical element that is missing with the Saints D. Porter got tossed like a rag doll on that run.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-01-18, 15:57   Link #4280
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I'm at work so I'll save the soopa specifics for when I get off, but...

Giants Held Atlanta to 0 points…They also crapped on Greenbay’s killer offense in GB. The Ravens were getting pummeled by Arian Foster and gave up over 100 yards rushing and if it wasn’t for the rookie QB Houston may have took that game just on the running game…And again the 49ners still gave up 32 points and 2 consecutive 80 yard TD drives and would have been the Goats if Allhax Smith didn’t miraculously come through, are yall GEUXING insane? Giants D is playing the best in the playoffs…Teams keep the Saints to under 40 and they throw a party I guess…Cut the cake and celebrate visually great football being over…Harbaugh Bowl and it’s 13-9 final score is gonna be soooo creamy…Enjoy

Tags
american football, sports