AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-06-28, 09:38   Link #41
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Yeah, I find this a little odd since those words are in römaji.

Btw, motokano = 元カノ (abbr), konyakusha = 婚約者

Dunno why they put those words in that way

I'd rather that in English.
Syokool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 13:19   Link #42
uis

I have question to light novel reader.

I wonder imouto from spinoff manga Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru + H (Miharu Misora) appear in light novel ???

Both manga is excellent so far. I will trying to read light novel if i have time anyway.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 13:32   Link #43
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

The only thing I could say is she has a little special (I got that in PD) or so I think. I have this in my to-read list

Spoiler for Shuraba + H:
Old 2012-06-28, 13:46   Link #44
uis

Great so she only appear in special so she not canon even in light novel...

Reading light novel summary, Ai look awesome... i am gonna put in to-read list.

-It is okay if you are weak. I will grab your hand and realize your dream-
uis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-28, 13:50   Link #45
Syokool
Lab. member 009
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post
Don't know, since I haven't read the LN yet.

Last edited by Syokool; 2012-06-28 at 13:57. Reason: nazi grammar or whathever...
Old 2012-07-16, 01:09   Link #46
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Did I mention that chapter 0 + 1 have been translated with chapter 2 being worked on over at Baka Tsuki?

Now to know if it is an spur of the moment thing or the series is actually going to be~come a dedicated project

Shuraba da!

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-07-16 at 02:11.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 02:21   Link #47
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Did I mention that chapter 0 + 1 have been translated with chapter 2 being worked on over at Baka Tsuki?

Now to know if it is an spur of the moment thing or the series is actually going to be~come a dedicated project

Shuraba da!
So someone is pick up the LN and has began translating it? I will check.
Old 2012-07-16, 03:15   Link #48
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by uis View Post

Reading light novel summary, Ai look awesome... i am gonna put in to-read list.
Yeah, she's not cannon. The manga (even the main one) is pretty inferior to the LN, because a number of jokes are lost and the antics not properly presented. I've pretty much gave up on the manga, and I'm never one to read spinoffs with inconsistent characterizations, plotlines, and not scripted by the original author.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 03:34   Link #49
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Yeah, she's not cannon. The manga (even the main one) is pretty inferior to the LN, because a number of jokes are lost and the antics not properly presented. I've pretty much gave up on the manga, and I'm never one to read spinoffs with inconsistent characterizations, plotlines, and not scripted by the original author.

I was going to ask how does manga compare to the LN and how closely it followed it but that's now answered.

That said, probably because I haven't read the original source, but I find the main manga alright despite it being a bit bland. I like the spin-off manga quite a bit more though, however that might have more to do with the better art and larger focus on Masuzu.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-16, 03:44   Link #50
for3ver
The Lost Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
So someone is pick up the LN and has began translating it? I will check.
hmm his right there are updates, and by wildk, although im not quite sure if his planning to just do a few chapters or do the whole series >>

nonetheless~

thanks for teh translations ^^
Old 2012-07-16, 12:45   Link #51
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
I was going to ask how does manga compare to the LN and how closely it followed it but that's now answered.

That said, probably because I haven't read the original source, but I find the main manga alright despite it being a bit bland. I like the spin-off manga quite a bit more though, however that might have more to do with the better art and larger focus on Masuzu.
I only read about 7 or 8 chapters. Plot-wise, it's more or less the same, just some tweaks and cutting off some jokes from the banter between the characters. But from what I heard, there are some bigger changes later, such as Ai and Hime almost simultaneously appearing in the manga. In the novels, Hime debuts in v2 and Ai debuts in v3. Even though Hime is supposedly the 'main' in v2 and Ai for v3, you get plenty of Masuzu in both volumes. And I don't think this series will run very long, at most 10 volumes perhaps?(optimistically speaking).

That being said, I'm not sure when I'll get to read v5. I'm still tackling SAO 10, and next will be Mahouka 6 (I switched the order because SAO is much easier to read). Hmm, then again, maybe I'll read Oreshura first after SAO since it's even easier to read.
Old 2012-07-16, 14:57   Link #52
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
I only read about 7 or 8 chapters. Plot-wise, it's more or less the same, just some tweaks and cutting off some jokes from the banter between the characters. But from what I heard, there are some bigger changes later, such as Ai and Hime almost simultaneously appearing in the manga. In the novels, Hime debuts in v2 and Ai debuts in v3.
Well, Ai is more like Cameos rather than an actual introduction. The manga is past the part where...

Spoiler:

And we still don't know her name nor grade nor anything; they have only been abusing her as a cameo. In fact, in the tankoubon release she even showed up before Hime, but didn't have any speaking role, she was just eyeing the club from the shadows. She'll probably only get a formal introduction and interactions with the cast when it's her turn; they are probably only trying to add more realism to "the disciple committee is getting in the way" thing

Spoiler:

About the adaptations, well; it's like the most normal thing for them to cut off the humor. In fact I feel that pretty much every adaptation that I follow shafts like 50% of the jokes, specially if they have no relation with the plot and stuff. More than anything, that's just because LN are simply too massive for other medias. Heck, Papaki even got a full season dedicated to a single volume and they freaked cut some content off

And lastly, the +H manga art is definitely not superior to the main series nor the LN. Characters age looks more advanced than in the other versions, and "that's cool", but the artist just has these quality down moments that are completely hideous. I mentally think that everyone is Rubber Soul and I leave it that (and yes, I had to go off with a Jojo reference )
Old 2012-07-16, 17:14   Link #53
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
I only read about 7 or 8 chapters. Plot-wise, it's more or less the same, just some tweaks and cutting off some jokes from the banter between the characters. But from what I heard, there are some bigger changes later, such as Ai and Hime almost simultaneously appearing in the manga. In the novels, Hime debuts in v2 and Ai debuts in v3. Even though Hime is supposedly the 'main' in v2 and Ai for v3, you get plenty of Masuzu in both volumes.
Would the rearrangement really effect the plot that much? I don't it should stops events concerning either character to change from the LN, assuming that those events run independent of each other ofcourse.

Quote:
And I don't think this series will run very long, at most 10 volumes perhaps?(optimistically speaking).
Just to be clear your talking about the LN right?

Quote:
That being said, I'm not sure when I'll get to read v5. I'm still tackling SAO 10, and next will be Mahouka 6 (I switched the order because SAO is much easier to read). Hmm, then again, maybe I'll read Oreshura first after SAO since it's even easier to read.
If the Mahouka manga is anything to go by I don't blame you. lol

Quote:
About the adaptations, well; it's like the most normal thing for them to cut off the humor. In fact I feel that pretty much every adaptation that I follow shafts like 50% of the jokes, specially if they have no relation with the plot and stuff. More than anything, that's just because LN are simply too massive for other medias. Heck, Papaki even got a full season dedicated to a single volume and they freaked cut some content off
Interesting, I wonder if this might explain why Nisio Isin's mangas are often so wordy. I guess habits are hard to change even when you move into a new medium.

Quote:
And lastly, the +H manga art is definitely not superior to the main series nor the LN. Characters age looks more advanced than in the other versions, and "that's cool", but the artist just has these quality down moments that are completely hideous. I mentally think that everyone is Rubber Soul and I leave it that (and yes, I had to go off with a Jojo reference )
True, but I feel the characters have too little detail to their physical features in the main manga.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-20, 02:51   Link #54
larethian

Got the book. Accidentally read the last 2 pages
Spoiler for v5 ending:
Old 2012-07-20, 06:39   Link #55
sky black swordman

Quote:
Spoiler for v5 ending:
Quite curious the "Accidentally" part.
But lets leave that aside for now . So its out huh, but we knew it was going to get someday. Still its a little soon for that
Question how did it happen or who did it.
Old 2012-07-20, 09:36   Link #56
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Spoiler for v5 ending:
"Accidentally" as in you dove face straight to the end to see if there it was some soul crushing "to be continued" moment?

Well.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-20, 14:20   Link #57
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

This title was promoted to full project over at Baka-tsuki (and thus, I jump from joy).

Right now no new chapter has been translated but some of the old chapters have been touched up.

edit :

Chapter 3 updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidou Eita
Ahead of here, lies black--
Me : * nods approvingly *

Last edited by Okashira; 2012-08-20 at 18:42.
Okashira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-20, 19:45   Link #58
Mentar
Banned

This is awesome news! Looking forward to more Shuraba!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 23:35   Link #59
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

The illustrations for LN 5 are up over at Baka-tsuki. I'm not even close to browsing through that volume, but if we go for the chapter list, each heroine has a long dedicated chapter each.

Of course my true reason for posting is this....

Spoiler:

And this....

Spoiler:
Old 2012-08-30, 00:15   Link #60
larethian

Quote:
"Accidentally" as in you dove face straight to the end to see if there it was some soul crushing "to be continued" moment?

Well.
Spoiler:
I wanted to read the afterword, and saw the last 2 pages accidentally while flipping.

Quote:
The illustrations for LN 5 are up over at Baka-tsuki. I'm not even close to browsing through that volume, but if we go for the chapter list, each heroine has a long dedicated chapter each.

Of course my true reason for posting is this....

Spoiler:

And this....

Spoiler:
If you noticed, the last setup was with Masuzu. You know, best for the last.

Tags
club, harem, romance, school life, shounen