AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

View Poll Results: Little Busters - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 8 13.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 27.87%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 19.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 14.75%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 4.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 9.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 6.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.64%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.64%
Voters: 61. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-13, 21:26   Link #61
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Don't blame Komari's VA just because she's the only actress returned from voicing the VN. She did her best, and she's just human.

But anyways, I expect J.C.Staff to improve as they move on to later episodes!
Oh, I'm totally not blaming the VA. I actually think her voice fits Komari perfectly. It's just that in this episode, there are some parts that are a little off and can be executed better. But that's probably just me.

I of course expect better things to come from this anime. Still clinging to high hopes

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2012-11-13, 21:55   Link #62
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
As you know we had an "execution" thread in the general anime section and this is a great example of where me not liking the way something was executed completety lowers my enjoyement of what is an interesting concept,because a girl forgetting her brother to forget his death is definatly an interesting concept.
What you say is true for key dramas as well as a whole lot of fiction,it's the staff's job to deliver the story in a way that makes it easier for the audience to accept to more or less suspend disbelief.I'm not going to go into details about everything but there's one point I want to adress.

I can't say anything about Lukeman1884 but Kanon had expressed how much trouble buying into Yanase Natsumi's performance as Komari and it seems to me that how critical someone is of this arc depends on how critical they are of Yanase Natsumi's performance.

On my part it's honestly one of my most disliked performance I've ever heard in anime,and I'm not saying this on a whim,I've really honestly tried remembering when I had such an allergic reaction to a voice acting performance and there's nearly none.So really,going from there this arc was a lost cause for me,it really shattered any will of suspension of disbelief I had,and when that happens anything "unrealistic" that I might have been willing to oberlook just jumps out and I start being critical of them.

Of course I'm not going to put all my blame on her for me disliking this episode but she definitely had a big part in it.It's pretty telling that the parts of the episode I enjoyed the most such as the little busters gang helping Riki out,were the ones where Komari wasn't on screen.I feel those that enjoyed the episode more than I did are people that weren't allergic to Yanase Natsumi as Komari as I was.
I get that Komari is a polarizing character, and that her voice is part of the reason why.

Honestly, it reminds me of...

Spoiler for Clannad and Kanon comparisons:

Doing Komari's arc first was probably the right way to go. Some of the future arcs will probably be less polarizing.
Old 2012-11-13, 22:09   Link #63
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I'm starting to get a sadistic brain.

Seeing Komari cower like a little puppy with a destroyed look on her face when Riki confronts her...

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-11-14, 00:15   Link #64
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post

Seeing Komari cower like a little puppy with a destroyed look on her face when Riki confronts her...

Arty
Oh please, don't share your ideas to the doujin artists! Oh wait, they already did that...
Old 2012-11-16, 09:09   Link #65
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post

Arty
I wonder if the VN continued over that and.......

@Ben I want that. lol.
Old 2012-11-17, 23:30   Link #66
Hoticehunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I get that Komari is a polarizing character, and that her voice is part of the reason why.

Doing Komari's arc first was probably the right way to go. Some of the future arcs will probably be less polarizing.
I'm not sure you want to put a polarizing arc in as your first major arc, scare away half the viewers who end up not liking the arc

I was never a huge fan of Komari, she's just... too sugary sweet, and her voice is kind of annoying. Also, her story hits this weird "uncanny valley for stories" for me where it's like, I just can't buy it. It's too farfetched while being in the almost realistic zone, so it makes me focus on how dumb the plot device is instead of letting me just accept it.

The rest of the routes I really liked though, so there's still hope for anime only people that may not have liked Komari's route
Old 2012-11-18, 08:58   Link #67
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

just watch this ep and...

trainwreck, trainwreck.

dropped, dropped for real now.

I was defend J.C. Staff when they announced to be the studio but this is just too much, they didn't use their best staff for this, not the best animation staff and not the best creative staff. all their best staff are all working on Sakurasou.

everything is all over the place, and the scene which was suppose to be moving is not compelling or moving at all. It really feel like they are taking the script straight from the VN since it it feel it could be good VN script but not good for anime at all. I still haven't feel how close the little buster is, the genius girl seem too close for a little interaction they have, everyone else too, their friendship feel really forced.

this is now one of the worst anime I ever watched, gigantic trainwreck.

1/10.
Old 2012-11-20, 01:29   Link #68
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ Six out of six. Looks like Little Busters is still on it when it comes to scaring away its viewers.

That said, I feel like I want to punch Tatsuya in the face. Instead of teaching his younger sister on how to live life happily, he decided that Komari should also face the dark truth of life at a young age. He did not know that he basically destroyed poor Komari's childhood through his grim bedtime stories.

And it's nice for Kyousuke to pass the torch to Riki as the "only one who can save Komari". Although the gang has been used to being led by Kyousuke in their missions, the leader of the Little Busters proves that there's a time when he must step down and let someone else do the job.

Honestly, the first six episodes feel like a complete series to me.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2012-11-25, 01:07   Link #69
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Wut.

This episode was impossible to take seriously, what with the super rushed pacing, and everyone feeling bad for someone they just made. And what's with the Komariservice; I guess I never expected her to have boobs of that size. In any case, blah.

A lot of people toss a cat at Key for being too slow to start up their main stories, but this is an issue of why they do that. With this, starting the plot thread so early means that we're expected to feel sorry for someone we barely know, and this 2 parter just umm didn't do anything. "I'm happy... I'm sad... I'm happy" What?

It's the same problems that plagued Kanon 2002 and Angel Beats.

4/10; Sorry Komari, you were not the favored one by the writers it seems.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2012-11-30, 00:20   Link #70
RandomAvatarFan

I've been a fan of Key's works since KyoAni's Air came out. I've never played one of their VNs, but I always enjoyed the stories. As was mentioned earlier, there was a fairy-tale like magic mixed into characters set in the real world, and usually, there was a tear or more coming out at the end of the arc.

Little Busters! was going to be awesome. I had this feeling about since the VN came out. A group of friends who had been together since childhood now are trying to do everything they can before they graduate. The anime came out at just the right time that this was hitting very close to home for me.

Little Busters does seem to work in a similar manner as KyoAni's adaptations: "Here's everybody, but for now, we're going to solve this girl's problems." In fact, Air only had one intro episode before it delved right into Kano's arc.

I don't like Komari at all.

It was mentioned that Fuuko from Clannad was a polarizing character, and I see it, but her arc was one my favorites, and I loved her role in After Story. I hate seeing people say: " oh she's just a moe blob" but honestly, as far as Komari goes, I want to say those same exact words: "Komari is an annoying moeblob"

But honestly, I didn't feel anything for Komari. In fact, I don't feel anything for most characters. Mostly I think the lot of them are just there so we're not hearing the same voice.

Other than that, I noticed that when people are complaining they're all complaining about the same thing, so I don't really have much to add.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
Old 2012-12-04, 09:49   Link #71
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
I've been a fan of Key's works since KyoAni's Air came out. I've never played one of their VNs, but I always enjoyed the stories. As was mentioned earlier, there was a fairy-tale like magic mixed into characters set in the real world, and usually, there was a tear or more coming out at the end of the arc.

Little Busters! was going to be awesome. I had this feeling about since the VN came out. A group of friends who had been together since childhood now are trying to do everything they can before they graduate. The anime came out at just the right time that this was hitting very close to home for me.

Little Busters does seem to work in a similar manner as KyoAni's adaptations: "Here's everybody, but for now, we're going to solve this girl's problems." In fact, Air only had one intro episode before it delved right into Kano's arc.

I don't like Komari at all.

It was mentioned that Fuuko from Clannad was a polarizing character, and I see it, but her arc was one my favorites, and I loved her role in After Story. I hate seeing people say: " oh she's just a moe blob" but honestly, as far as Komari goes, I want to say those same exact words: "Komari is an annoying moeblob"

But honestly, I didn't feel anything for Komari. In fact, I don't feel anything for most characters. Mostly I think the lot of them are just there so we're not hearing the same voice.

Other than that, I noticed that when people are complaining they're all complaining about the same thing, so I don't really have much to add.
You're being cruel to Komari.

I like her. She's the happy-go-lucky girl who always gives a smile on everyone. Besides, I think we will see more of her in sooner episodes, maybe up to the final, perhaps? (I mean, a Rin x Komari is brewing... and I intend to get it.)
Old 2012-12-11, 08:28   Link #72
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

I'm one of the VN players, and I feel I have to chip in to balance the mood: I thought this episode was acceptable. I noticed a few different touches to Komari's route that I liked.

It's a shame the arc had to be rushed in three episodes, but with only 26 episodes to deal with every girl's route and the baseball game - it really can't be helped, I guess.

Oh man, it's so nice to hear Song for Friends ~instrumental~ again.
Old 2012-12-19, 15:43   Link #73
RandomAvatarFan

I was not being intentionally cruel. I guess I made the same mistake by trying to rush in an answer.

I feel there was something off about the pacing so far, and it feels like nobody has gotten any characterization. Any sort of thing that make any of these characters actual characters doesn't seem to have gotten through.

I felt really disconnected to Komari- and all the characters- going into her arc, and a connection was never made during it. If there was one more episode, I might have been able to develop that connection.

It's a shame though. I get it, the adaptations can only fit so much in the time limits. The source has more material. I understand. It can be rationalized, but that doesn't really make it any more enjoyable.

I'm not giving up on it, because I really think it has potential to become something amazing, but what I've seen though is not sitting well with me.

Without love this picture cannot be seen.
Old 2013-04-06, 10:56   Link #74
s07195
However,

Well, not too sure what to vote for this episode. I thought it was quite good, despite the not so good build-up. I thought sorry for Komari, and thought that accepting reality was a good solution... but my feelings of empathy all but vanished with that really rushed conclusion. Just... really not the best conclusion to an episode.