AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Aquarion Series > Past Aquarion Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-13, 10:26   Link #2641
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
About Mikono and spidey sense: it just her power of connection(she felt it even with Cayenne).
I still don't buy it, Cayenne wasn't in another dimension/on another world. If it were, its a pretty ridiculous scale for her power.

That said, another peculiar thing this episode, is that Zessica gets her vision when Mykage starts to take over (?) Kagura. (That is what Mykage did, wasn't it? He stopped his arms and ability to fight so that he'd get beaten physically and mentally as he hung in the air helpless. Interestingly enough, it looks like he was standing atop a dimensional gate.) The timing with Zessica may have been utterly random (though peculiarly convenient that she'd be next to a mirror in that same instant... and I still think its got to be an external force messing with her because its also very convenient for what Zessica wants) but it still raises a few questions. (And again she sees it in a mirror, not in her mind.)

I'm really going with Through the Looking Glass here, the mirror is a key into both *truth* and *another world*. With Mykage standing atop what looks like a dimensional portal, fueling Kagura, and giving Zessica the tools to undermine Amata's and Mikono's connection seems like a believable tactic. (So, if this pans out, it may well turn out as predicted (though not quite exactly the same) that Zessica will inadvertently betray her side by questioning Amata/Mikono on what she saw in the mirror.)
Old 2012-03-13, 10:31   Link #2642
miketyson

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
This is kind of weird. From Mikono's words it was obvious that she wanted to apologize Kagura, but if that's what Amata said then it is in fact the exact opposite (look at that object marker). Weird, I'll take a look at it when I get home...
Yeah, I'm not able to re-check right now, but I'm pretty confident about my transcription, if not my interpretation. The only way to square the two sentiments is it being, sigh, some kind of misunderstanding (she forgives him, and she's sorry about the whole thing...)...which actually would be fairly in-character for Mikono, come to think of it: quick to get upset, slow to apologize.

Vena: yeah, the way this episode is set up leaves the door open for the "Kagura is confused about who Mikono is (and Mykage doesn't know or doesn't care)". EG: Zessica is the real Sylphie, but her Mikono-jealous is clouding her mind, and somehow this confusion transfers back to Kagura...and, again, Mykage either doesn't know or doesn't care. But other than noting the possibility is there I think I'm done speculating until next week.

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-03-13 at 10:34. Reason: added response to Vena
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 10:36   Link #2643
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

Though, the OP gives it away slightly. Amata's wings when he's in Aquarion, his wings are golden. While Kagura's wings are red.

It might just be that the two are pretty much Apollo, but I think, Amata's wings, or Amata represents the light, while Kagura, and his wings represent darkness. Like Ying and Yang. I think those two represent the darknesss, and the light to Apollo's/Apollonius' soul.

But then again, now that I think about it. Apollonius and Celianne could have also been reincarnated once more, along with Apollo and Sylvie, and thus we have the 4 Kagura, Amata, Mikono and Zessica. But this is just a theory of mine.

By the way though, we also have Shrade to think about. Kagura described him as having the same scent as "that woman" There is something about Shrade. He's a guy who's shrouded in mystery. But....if Mykage isn't Touma, could it be possible that it might be Shrade?
LastOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 10:39   Link #2644
pingva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I still don't buy it, Cayenne wasn't in another dimension/on another world. If it were, its a pretty ridiculous scale for her power.

That said, another peculiar thing this episode, is that Zessica gets her vision when Mykage starts to take over (?) Kagura. (That is what Mykage did, wasn't it? He stopped his arms and ability to fight so that he'd get beaten physically and mentally as he hung in the air helpless. Interestingly enough, it looks like he was standing atop a dimensional gate.) The timing with Zessica may have been utterly random (though peculiarly convenient that she'd be next to a mirror in that same instant... and I still think its got to be an external force messing with her because its also very convenient for what Zessica wants) but it still raises a few questions. (And again she sees it in a mirror, not in her mind.)

I'm really going with Through the Looking Glass here, the mirror is a key into both *truth* and *another world*. With Mykage standing atop what looks like a dimensional portal, fueling Kagura, and giving Zessica the tools to undermine Amata's and Mikono's connection seems like a believable tactic. (So, if this pans out, it may well turn out as predicted (though not quite exactly the same) that Zessica will inadvertently betray her side by questioning Amata/Mikono on what she saw in the mirror.)

Mykage's control lasted till Kagura's hands were glowing red, the 2nd time he just moved a bit his robot, the other times everything was Kagura's.
Rena managed to see the same vision as Silvia and Apollo, so it's normal that Zessica saw the same and that's why I'm thinking she might be Rena's reincarnation.
As I've mentioned when you give someone the power of connection to the person who aren't even aware of it and doesn't now how it works, you get some ridiculous things.

About Shrade, Kagura's comment says that he is Sirius.
pingva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 10:53   Link #2645
dark44

i think shrade well defect from deva the op say that he is the only with altear people and i think his weak body cause altear people cant live on deva for long time cause it is parelle world thats may be the cause why they cant come and live on deva
dark44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 10:55   Link #2646
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Vena: yeah, the way this episode is set up leaves the door open for the "Kagura is confused about who Mikono is (and Mykage doesn't know or doesn't care)". EG: Zessica is the real Sylphie, but her Mikono-jealous is clouding her mind, and somehow this confusion transfers back to Kagura...and, again, Mykage either doesn't know or doesn't care. But other than noting the possibility is there I think I'm done speculating until next week.
I don't think there's any real basis on which Zessica might be Sylvie, its too out of the blue at this point for my tastes. We spent half the show not so much as alluding to the point with anything concrete, spent the whole time focusing on Mikono and Kagura, and now we change it? Meh. (I also wouldn't say that Kagura is confused about who is Mikono, she's his woman, though Mykage may have twisted the details. That's been true since the first episode before Zessica even cared for Amata or was jealous of Mikono... so the idea that her feelings are clouding anything makes no sense from Kagura's point of view as he's always been after Mikono for himself with no eye on anyone else.) Mykage, Fudo, and Aquarion (and Kagura) would all have been wrong if Mikono/Kagura aren't who we think they are.

Aquarion: Forbidden Lovers
Fudo: Forbidden Meeting
Mykage: Reawaken the Forbidden Lovers (and he does care about who Mikono/Kagura are, since his wording makes it seem that he needs the Forbidden Pair to make Genesis)

All three times its been about Mikono/Kagura, so for it to be wrong would require that our two know-it-alls are wrong which I don't buy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pingva View Post
Mykage's control lasted till Kagura's hands were glowing red, the 2nd time he just moved a bit his robot, the other times everything was Kagura's.
Rena managed to see the same vision as Silvia and Apollo, so it's normal that Zessica saw the same and that's why I'm thinking she might be Rena's reincarnation.
As I've mentioned when you give someone the power of connection to the person who aren't even aware of it and doesn't now how it works, you get some ridiculous things.

About Shrade, Kagura's comment says that he is Sirius.
We have no idea who *that* woman is for Shrade, it might even be Alicia.

Mykage's control was when Kagura's hand started to glow or so it seemed, otherwise why would Kagura stop fighting? It seemed to me that Mykage took control to truly crush his spirit and mind by making him utterly helpless to reach Mikono.
Old 2012-03-13, 11:05   Link #2647
LastOrder
Om nom nom nom
*Artist

You know, aside from it all. Besides those two having the solar wings. I have a feeling it won't be Kagura to awaken the sleeping Aquarion. I think we might be in for a real twist later on.

I have a feeling, it's going to be Amata.

Amata in his desperate attempt to save Mikono, because if Kagura brings her back with him, there are chances she's the new eve, and all hell will break loose, not only for Kagura but for Amata too.

It might just be that Mikono may bring herself to love the both of them, and we get those two teaming up to save Mikono in the end.
LastOrder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 11:16   Link #2648
Aoi Toori
KISEKI da yo!!

finally sub is out
and oh wow mykage you're evil! I really don't know what to say anymore, the possibility is infinite now seeing kagura also has solar wing, and the flashback/vision... can't wait for next week!
Aoi Toori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 11:56   Link #2649
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastOrder View Post
It might just be that Mikono may bring herself to love the both of them, and we get those two teaming up to save Mikono in the end.
Actually, that's pretty close to how I envision my revised True End...
Spoiler for ending predictions:
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 12:11   Link #2650
mayumi

i have been saying it too many times but the relfection in the mirror zessica is blind. she can not see the real zessica. same way the reflection in the mirror mikono also has her eyes closed. i just need one more scene infront of the mirror to confirm that mikono in the mirror always has her eyes closed otherwise blind.
mayumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 12:35   Link #2651
ookamigirl

Guess their first Eve didn't turn out well in the end. Poor girl.
Kagura really is a wild thing... He snapped.
In the end it wasn't really his fault, he just got kinda brainwashed.
Interesting episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 12:52   Link #2652
Meltyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuul View Post
Rewatching the episode, it's funny to see how Andy is always right. He puts Cayenne to shame.

He was right on the fact it was a cute girl that was filling his holes.

He got Yunoha's backstory mostly right.

He was able o guess Jin's real name.

And last, he had been warning Amata on his being possibly Ntred if he didn't make a move on Mikono soon enough. Which has great chance of happening with yandere Kagura coming.

This dude is a fucking genius.
Pretty much will be the next Fudo.
One who knows all.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 15:00   Link #2653
kuromitsu

Quote:
Yeah, I'm not able to re-check right now, but I'm pretty confident about my transcription, if not my interpretation. The only way to square the two sentiments is it being, sigh, some kind of misunderstanding (she forgives him, and she's sorry about the whole thing...)...which actually would be fairly in-character for Mikono, come to think of it: quick to get upset, slow to apologize..
I checked the scene and yep, Amata was wondering why Mikono thought she should forgive Kagura. Wtf. I looked around on the other side and Japanese viewers seem to be puzzled as well, so it's not just us... I guess it's either a mistake or a set-up for something. Maybe.
Old 2012-03-13, 15:03   Link #2654
miketyson

Quote:
I checked the scene and yep, Amata was wondering why Mikono thought she should forgive Kagura. Wtf. I looked around on the other side and Japanese viewers seem to be puzzled as well, so it's not just us... I guess it's either a mistake or a set-up for something. Maybe.
Yeah, in case you missed my second comment a bit back, Mikono uses both "forgive" and "apologize" in ep6, too. So it's not coming out of nowhere, it's just a surprising twist (and points to Mikono's potentially being an eternal misunderstander-of-things, which somehow seems increasingly apt the more I see of her).

Link to previous post.

Last edited by miketyson; 2012-03-13 at 15:04. Reason: added link
Old 2012-03-13, 15:38   Link #2655
kuromitsu

Quote:
Yeah, in case you missed my second comment a bit back, Mikono uses both "forgive" and "apologize" in ep6, too. So it's not coming out of nowhere, it's just a surprising twist (and points to Mikono's potentially being an eternal misunderstander-of-things, which somehow seems increasingly apt the more I see of her).

Link to previous post.
Ah, I missed that. But.... no, I don't think that's the case, especially given the context and everything. That "yurushite" is not ambiguous at all, well, not if they don't want to be really awkward grammatically and stylistically.
Old 2012-03-13, 15:57   Link #2656
miketyson

Quote:
Ah, I missed that. But.... no, I don't think that's the case, especially given the context and everything. That "yurushite" is not ambiguous at all, well, not if they don't want to be really awkward grammatically and stylistically.
Yeah, in context I'd agree, and the fact that even the Japanese viewers feel similarly says a lot here, but at the same time here we are, Amata has seemingly gone with the weird interpretation, so . Maybe something of a failed attempt at being clever?
Old 2012-03-13, 16:22   Link #2657
kuromitsu

Quote:
Yeah, in context I'd agree, and the fact that even the Japanese viewers feel similarly says a lot here, but at the same time here we are, Amata has seemingly gone with the weird interpretation, so . Maybe something of a failed attempt at being clever?
Maybe... I think it was just a mistake that somehow slipped by during QC, but I guess we'll see.

By the way, the wonders of the internet: Amata alicia. Pretty, huh?
(Also, turns out "amata" means "beloved" (fem.) in Italian.)

Also, just playing with the characters, the Amata-Mikono-Kagura trio may (or may not - I'm just having fun trying to come up with kanji for them) have a sort of "heavenly" theme going on:
Amata 天  - heaven
Mikono 巫女 - shrine maiden
Kagura 神楽 - a ritual dance done by shrine maidens
plus there's Mykage who may or may not be 御影 "divine spirit/ghost/somethingalongthoselines".

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-03-13 at 16:48.
Old 2012-03-13, 17:54   Link #2658
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Hmmm, it's the same as with the first series, Aquarion does it best when it's being silly and entertaining, once the hard stuff hits it starts to get tense and stressful for everyone (including the viewers).

That said however, now that I've actually watched the episode myself after two days, it doesn't really seem all that serious as the last few discussions were about. I mean sure it's more serious than the last four episodes, but it still didn't forsake some of it's lighter moments like the beginning with Amata/Mikono/Zessica/Mix/Andy and of course more Jin/Yunoha... Plus it does confirm alot of theories for me- like Kagura really is a royal dick for shooting at the city and risking the lives of civilians in his hormonal rage.

Next week's preview, Mikono and Zessica found one of the hole digging brothers' tunnel ?!
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 19:22   Link #2659
Arya

Ok, I'm writing it just because kuromitsu unwillingly remembered me my first post in this thread. It is not something relevant. Anyways back then I noted how writers worked hard to imply the romance between Amata and Mikono, first for the Amata italian meaning, beloved, second for the location they put them in, Venice(-like), city of lovers (it is common knowledge, or not?) and third for let them take a ride on a gondola, that usually is something really romantic that you should do with your girlfriend. Local legends tells that you should share the ride only with your soul-mate or that kissing under the bridges will grant eternal love.
The more famous legend tells about kissing at sunset on a gondola under the bridge of sighs, most famous bridge of Venice. It should grant eternal love. The name of the bridge, that connects to the prisons, is given from the sighs of the prisoners viewing Venice (and her beauty) for the last time.
So we have the lovers and we have the prisoner (who's not sighing, that for sure ), what we lack is the bridge.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-13, 19:33   Link #2660
Ypocaramel

Ah but Venice has only been tested for a little more than 1500 years, whereas A/S has been going on for 24,000

Heh couldn't help making that wisecrack. Good catch though.
Ypocaramel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, science fiction