AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-06, 01:04   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Accel World - Character Discussion - Kuroyukihime

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Kuroyukihime related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Accel World fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2012-07-06, 18:17   Link #2
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Ponytails turn me on, but a long black is fine too.
Old 2012-07-06, 19:07   Link #3
Dr. Casey

She is indeed one sexy bitch, too bad she's not born until I'm in my mid-40s. Her sadistic yandere edge is nice, too. I nominate "Red is a fitting color for you. I wish I could hang you from a lightpole and use you to stop traffic" (Paraphrased, the actual line is better) for best anime quote of 2012.
Old 2012-07-06, 23:38   Link #4
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

She's prolly created as a pun to snowwhite because she's the direct opposite to snow white, even down to the name.
Old 2012-07-06, 23:56   Link #5
Miraluka
Banned

She lives up to her nickname, interesting girl, I wonder what her real name could be? .___.
Old 2012-07-07, 00:51   Link #6
Seihai
スマイリウム

I want to hug her forever. Her legs are sexy and she is aware of their sexiness, too. And she actually changes hairstyles. Her fingers are delicate as well, it shot an arrow through my heart when she pointed at Haru when they sat at the same table in episode 1. I like her personality, too. She has an elitistic and ambitious nature to her that would make me want to be her underling. Yet she can be quite honest or at least obvious about her feelings without being tsun. And she plays zombie games. Etc.

Let me join the dark side, too.
Old 2012-07-07, 01:16   Link #7
ranchan13

Snow Black is my anime Crush until at least 2025
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
Old 2012-07-09, 14:59   Link #8
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Oh my god this character. People are about to witness something that almost never happens, so here goes. This chick just flat out owns. I love her whole design (smoking hot and that's not something I normally attribute to anime character designs even though a lot of them are made to be that way), but what I really like about is her personality that is kind of sly and confident, and that you can tell she's always calculating things in her head. That and she's kind of got the heart of a lion and is not just another pretty face.

She desires ultimate victory and conquest in a way that kind of reminds me of Reinhard Von Lohengramm and like him she is slowly building a team of capable subordinates around her (who she clearly values) in order to succeed in that plan. Yet like Reinhard she's not a selfish or uncaring person despite having a lot of power and the willingness to act as a tyrant and seems to have a strong sense of justice. That's why to me the incident with the Red King is kind of like her Westerland. It's something she clearly regrets, the one moment where her desire for victory overcame all her other high minded values and she did something that shakes her to her very core whenever she's forced to revisit it.

It's really like she's been designed to be the perfect female anime character for me in many ways as well as a really complex one too. Can't think of many other that are as interesting that I've seen in a while and frankly ever and I'm starting to get a real sense that after this is all said and done I might have a new addition to my all time favorite female characters list.
Old 2012-07-10, 18:45   Link #9
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Kaioshin - I agree. She's an extremely well-rounded character that balances a lot of different qualities off nicely.
Old 2012-07-11, 12:19   Link #10
novalysis

KYH is a character with alot of development put behind her. I cannot even begin to conceive how she might have been like before entering the Accel World.

I wonder whether she has spent enough time in the Accel World, that mentally speaking, she's old enough to be Haruyuki's mother!
Old 2012-07-14, 23:49   Link #11
redflame

I'm actually interested in Kuroyukihime's past. It seems mysterious.. I'd like to see/read some stuff about when she first became a burst linker, how she got stronger, etc.
Old 2012-07-17, 14:09   Link #12
tsunade666

I want to know more about her background.

The trio friends family are shown or at least introduce in the show but KYH is complete mystery and even her name isn't revealed.
Old 2012-07-18, 14:50   Link #13
Awrya
U mad?

This is just how her setting works, in the first few episodes even other students call her KYH.
My guess is the author will leave it as it is (for now), at the end of episode 5 she told Haru her name, indicating and emphasizing that Haru is a 'special' person to her.
Most likely we will get her name when Haru&KYH start 'officially' dating with KYH asking Haru to call her by her name (continuation from hospital), or we will never know.

Though I hope as well the author will introduce some of KYH's family members.

Spoiler for not knowing name:
Old 2012-07-18, 20:17   Link #14
churchblue
Banned

KYH may have someone in the family that used to work the Technical Committee of Acceleration.
Old 2012-07-21, 01:09   Link #15
supermegasonic

she needs a shorter name stat. i dont think i would ever be able to spell her name correctly.
Old 2012-07-21, 02:31   Link #16
Enishi

KYH has a pretty design, avatar, and background… which is black.
Old 2012-07-22, 14:54   Link #17
EccentricSwordser

Ah, complete Fannon that KYH's parents are Kirito and Asuna.
We need a whole spin off that is more on KYH's past.
Old 2012-07-22, 14:57   Link #18
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricSwordser View Post
Ah, complete Fannon that KYH's parents are Kirito and Asuna.
.. that's been more or less proven wrong.
Old 2012-07-23, 09:36   Link #19
Enishi

I do like the design of her eyes! They’re amazing! ;-)
Old 2012-07-23, 11:37   Link #20
churchblue
Banned

We still know very little about her family.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters