AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-16, 11:27   Link #81
SimplyEd
Claytard

LOL Tempest^^

That sounds just as attractive as a "Claywatch" subthread^^
Old 2007-06-16, 17:07   Link #82
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Very amusing. Not going to get its own thread though. Claymore has one of the highest signal:noise ratios on AnimeSuki Forums and I'd like to keep it that way. Unfortunately as funny as you were, I know that there are ten or twenty times as many who only think that they are funny. It quickly becomes hard to find the funny amongst all the comedians who consider the existence of that thread as a challenge whose siren song they must fall to.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-16, 17:43   Link #83
SimplyEd
Claytard

Yeah, i agree. Comedy should only be used to lighten up the mood, when everything seems a bit stiff and heavy-handed.
Apart from that..i think we got all bases covered, as far as threads are concerned.
Old 2007-06-16, 18:55   Link #84
Negativedark
Proud Yuma Lover.

Or of course to kill time waiting for next months chapeter. He He He.... We have definetly been very silly in there.
Old 2007-06-17, 01:27   Link #85
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Too true...comedy's a tricky thing to begin with - even more tricky with a serious anime like this. That and people have different ideas about what is 'funny' and what isn't.

That and I was up late last night and decided to watch all the 'Shimigami Cup Golden' specials until I finally fell asleep. ^^ Maybe I'll keep the idea going but make them into little fanficclets or something and post them there. If that's okay...
Old 2007-06-18, 03:51   Link #86
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Too true...comedy's a tricky thing to begin with - even more tricky with a serious anime like this. That and people have different ideas about what is 'funny' and what isn't.

That and I was up late last night and decided to watch all the 'Shimigami Cup Golden' specials until I finally fell asleep. ^^ Maybe I'll keep the idea going but make them into little fanficclets or something and post them there. If that's okay...
I agree that the fanfiction thread is the best place for such writing.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-06-19, 11:08   Link #87
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
highest signal:noise ratios
What does that mean?

oh can we have the Ep12 thread yet?
Old 2007-06-20, 01:12   Link #88
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

I think we've saturated new thread ideas...maybe, who made up those symbols on who's number 1 to 47 and how each Claymore became synomymous with her own symbol...
Old 2007-06-21, 23:52   Link #89
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Spoiler for Japanese Manga:
Old 2007-06-25, 21:17   Link #90
GundamZZ
残念美人

It takes a lot of time to contribute to the compare and contrast thread.
Spoiler:

I like to see the thread about personality analysis.
Old 2007-07-05, 03:01   Link #91
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

How bout' the "I hate Raki" thread?
Old 2007-07-05, 06:32   Link #92
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

While it is almost worth it in the faint hope it will drain out the pointless Raki hate posts from other threads where it is getting tiresome, I doubt it will really do that job and I cannot see any advantage to having a hate thread.

Old 2007-07-05, 11:23   Link #93
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

How about a Saimoe 2007 thread for Claymore Characters.

Just letting people when the voting begins and what characters are up for voting. It would also keep the Claymore discussion form the Main Saimoe page.

Edit: Offical voting has begin for round of the prelims - Including Riful(Riffle) and Helen.
Old 2007-07-05, 15:57   Link #94
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Ug. Saimoe time again? Last year saimoe caused a lot of garbage in many forums and threads until we limited it to a single thread in General Anime. I expect that we will do the same thing this year.

Old 2007-07-06, 17:50   Link #95
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

I have a request...for a watcher/ORg thread and what makes them tick.
Old 2007-07-07, 02:50   Link #96
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

This was brought up a little while ago. It was decided that it would be best to create a broader topic, The world of Claymore, and discuss the Organization there. With the dearth of discussion about the Organization since then, I cannot see creating an entire thread just for that one element.

Please discuss the Organization and MIBs in: The world of Claymore

Old 2007-07-07, 14:42   Link #97
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

Here's one...Favorite "event".

Events in both the manga and anime (separate, maybe?) that shocked you and maybe changed your initial perception of your favorite character and future story arcs...it could also include fight scenes.

examples: Irene showing up alive and saving Clare's behind, Teresa getting her head cut off or maybe Clare shoving her tongue down Raki's mouth (lucky brat)...
Old 2007-07-10, 14:41   Link #98
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I really have become a huge fan of Claymore, and thankfully I have already read all of the manga to the latest issue.

What I want to request to the mods is the inclusion of a thread that quite describes and explains thoroughly the dynamics and history that follows between Clare and Raki.

After watching 14 anime episode plus all of the manga, I have built up some interesting ideas on my head. Of course, this idea will be strictly adhered to the observations I have made from the manga.

And it will also pay important comparisons as to Clare's lifestyle with Teresa.

The mods can keep eye to make discussion as informative and non-farfetch'd and keeping it as less spoilerful as possible.

I have really good theories on what I believe Yagi-sensei has hinted either implicitly or explicitly about those two.
Old 2007-07-11, 00:08   Link #99
hollywoodlou
from Hollywood CA

In that case, I want to request a thread that will make sure Raki DOES NOT HAVE a thread...
Old 2007-07-11, 01:32   Link #100
guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I really have become a huge fan of Claymore, and thankfully I have already read all of the manga to the latest issue.

What I want to request to the mods is the inclusion of a thread that quite describes and explains thoroughly the dynamics and history that follows between Clare and Raki.

After watching 14 anime episode plus all of the manga, I have built up some interesting ideas on my head. Of course, this idea will be strictly adhered to the observations I have made from the manga.

And it will also pay important comparisons as to Clare's lifestyle with Teresa.

The mods can keep eye to make discussion as informative and non-farfetch'd and keeping it as less spoilerful as possible.

I have really good theories on what I believe Yagi-sensei has hinted either implicitly or explicitly about those two.
How about just a thread for relationships of any kind between all characters? Seriously, I can rant on forever how terrible Raki is but I am sure nobody wants to hear that now. To be fair, it should be a thread for all, not just Raki and Claire. It would be an obvious flame bait.

Last edited by guest; 2007-07-11 at 06:39. Reason: forgot to mention this
Closed Thread