Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-04, 01:41   Link #221
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowii View Post
well according to pirateking Cruz was not in the prototype manga, so maybe he and the others will be in later storylines, unless they go with the sacrifice life to save world approach
Well I hope it doesn't comes to that point since, it's hard to accept new characters when old ones grew on you alot.
Old 2009-09-04, 05:29   Link #222
pirateking

Lets not speculate too much into the future. Just because they were not shown or mentioned in vol 0 doesn't mean they are dead. We just have to wait and see how the manga progresses.

Though having the idea of Cruz sacrificing his life in the finale would make him a true hero, since most of the anime watchers are bitching about his wimpiness. As long as Blade and Eve survived, I probably won't miss Cruz so much, but I WILL miss Yamada-ko chan.
pirateking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 06:49   Link #223
arkhangelsk

The way these stories are constructed, Cruz is almost certain not to die. Among the main protagonists it is probably Blade that will go out first in the good old Sacrifice fashion.

Cruz is the sort that, once all this is over, will live someplace quiet. Why would he get involved in anything else barring the most bizarre coincidences?
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 09:37   Link #224
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

As long as Cruz doesn't get any fragment powers Iam A-Ok from what is happening now in the manga.
Old 2009-09-04, 10:17   Link #225
pirateking

how ironic to know that episode 10 is taking place at the same town where Cruz and co. are in the current manga raw.
Old 2009-09-04, 10:21   Link #226
shadowii

Quote:
Originally Posted by pirateking View Post
how ironic to know that episode 10 is taking place at the same town where Cruz and co. are in the current manga raw.
speaking about that, the town may be a good place for seto and/or solva to show up again.
shadowii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-04, 10:27   Link #227
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Hey your right about that! Solva is a member of that town which could mean or possible next chapter one or more characters might show up!
Old 2009-09-04, 10:42   Link #228
pirateking

If Hatfield could own Mio and Rin easily, what makes Seto and Solva had a chance at him? Solva's magnetic powers is gonna be useless against his rain ability while Seto's gravity might not do much damage since Hatfield overcame Rin's air pressure powers

Still believing Aruka would intervene.

Last edited by pirateking; 2009-09-04 at 11:25.
Old 2009-09-04, 10:51   Link #229
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Let's just say trowing BIG things at a person can be an advantage, or probably Solva or Seto might trow a cement mixer and concrete Hatfield mustache once and for all. If they're or one of them are gonna be in the next chapter.
Old 2009-09-04, 11:31   Link #230
shadowii

Quote:
If Hatfield could own Mio and Rin easily, what makes Seto and Solva had a chance at him? Solva's magnetic powers is gonna be useless against his rain ability while Seto's gravity might not do much damage since Hatfield overcame Rin's air pressure powers

Still believing Aruka would intervene.

I think Seto's gravity could help, besides if she fixed that sword then we could have: hatfields hat gets sliced up.... then his body.

Solva's vicious she could make metal rain on Hatfield (there's plenty around thanks to the machine girl).

Also this could be Eve's comeback if Mio needs healing.

As for Aruka it is possible. But it is also possible that she blew that hole expecting Cruz to run away like a coward, leave the others to die, and remind her why she hated him enough to try to kill him in the first place (and then go to finish the job) It wouldnt be too different from how she tricked him into leaving her.

Dont get me wrong I would prefer those two resolving their differences and reconciling. But in these situations in anime/manga the ending is typically the "bad" sibling being killed by the "good" one.

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-09-05 at 19:04.
Old 2009-09-05, 09:07   Link #231
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ok here's the deal next chapter.

-possible returning characters
-Eve fully healed and ready to kick ass
-Seto or Solva or both since that's their town
-Someone that can surprise us
-Nee-chan will help.... =/
Old 2009-09-05, 10:43   Link #232
pirateking

Not possible for Eve to intervene because Disk said her wounds require at least 1 week+ to heal up and she didn't know where Cruz head to, how can she help? Cruz spend 3 days in the killer girls academy, unless they spend 4 days+ to reach the town.

Though Momiji or Seto or Solva or any other unexpected helper to fight against Hatfield would be nice. Maybe even Saten would come since he loves to interfere in fights. Or maybe Cruz's luck finally runs out and gets kidnapped by Simeon, then the protagonist switch back to Blade??
Old 2009-09-05, 10:52   Link #233
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Or maybe Cruz's luck finally runs out and gets kidnapped by Simeon, then the protagonist switch back to Blade??
That would be awesome. More lolicon priest the better on my part and some Adam Blade fans part.

Probably if ever the walk to town was 4 days Eve might be able to fight, if that's the time skip.

Ok who votes Needless to have a video game say I.

"I"
Old 2009-09-05, 12:28   Link #234
shadowii

Quote:
Not possible for Eve to intervene because Disk said her wounds require at least 1 week+ to heal up and she didn't know where Cruz head to, how can she help? Cruz spend 3 days in the killer girls academy, unless they spend 4 days+ to reach the town.

Though Momiji or Seto or Solva or any other unexpected helper to fight against Hatfield would be nice. Maybe even Saten would come since he loves to interfere in fights. Or maybe Cruz's luck finally runs out and gets kidnapped by Simeon, then the protagonist switch back to Blade??
good idea in the long run but i think its too soon for that. Also I think Cruz will probably find Blade before being caught.
I just dont think we'll be seeing aruka giving Cruz anymore help (if that was help)
What did disk say about Aruka's actions (besides that she couldnt scan her presence)
All i really know is that i really want the next chapter to come out.
eighteen or so more days to go

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-09-05 at 20:41.
Old 2009-09-05, 20:48   Link #235
arkhangelsk

I'm still hoping for the author to rule that they can solve this problem by themselves - the last sentence implies we'll be seeing some kind of comeback in the next chapter, the enemy is not set to be THAT hopelessly strong, and while most authors wind up having to use the usual cheats in the endgame if he has to burn them on this little sideshow on the path what is he going to do for the end?

BTW, neither Seto and Solva are really "members" of that little village. Solva was back then a baddie exploiting them, and Seto was just visiting with Blade. Though I have to agree if the author goes Reinforcement they are the likely candidates.

It might be Momiji, but really he's not a strong character as depicted by anything, and neither of his attacks having a high indice of efficiency. Hatfield can fight him using what he is already shown to have.

Besides, as I already said, this author likes to deploy reinforcements early and already did. If he really wanted Solva, Seto, Momiji, or anyone else to show up, they would already be there - Hatfield is strong enough that he can write it to be a tough fight regardless so there's no need to sink to the Last Minute Cavalry pit.

As for Aruka and Saten ... well, Aruka I've gone over previously, but to summarize, whatever their inner thoughts I don't think either is ready for a full blown defection, and I don't see how anything other than them taking actions to that extreme can break the current pinch. Aruka, in dismissing herself on grounds of non-necessity and then quietly blowing a hole had probably already made the greatest possible commitment in that direction.

Let's hope the scanners area bit quicker on the uptake this round - only 14-15 days to go in that case...
Old 2009-09-05, 21:15   Link #236
shadowii

I honestly dont see how they can solve it themselves at this rate, one thing ive noticed about Needless is that a lot of times (not always) the fights are something like card games. They keep pulling out better cards (attacks, new players etc) and the end is when all the cards are used up with one side stronger than the other. Both sides seem to have used up their secrets and Hatfield right now has the better hand. So either someone pulls out something new like you said before you think might happen with Mio. Or someone new is going to have to intervene.

Spoiler for needless:

Last edited by shadowii; 2009-09-06 at 00:09.
Old 2009-09-06, 01:34   Link #237
arkhangelsk

Quote:
I honestly dont see how they can solve it themselves at this rate, one thing ive noticed about Needless is that a lot of times (not always) the fights are something like card games. They keep pulling out better cards (attacks, new players etc) and the end is when all the cards are used up with one side stronger than the other. Both sides seem to have used up their secrets and Hatfield right now has the better hand. So either someone pulls out something new like you said before you think might happen with Mio. Or someone new is going to have to intervene.
Quite frankly, I like my idea on a subjective level, but thanks to her positioning, I don't really think it is going to happen. Characters of her relative stature in a manga's pantheon DON'T get such privileges - they are reserved for senior protagonists. Much as we all hate that possibility Cruz would get a fragment before she gets an upgrade...

Anyway, it depends on how the author draws the Damage Decision, which he'll have to make in Ch71. Realistically, of course, Mio should have been disabled by what happened, and Rin somewhere close. In which case he'll HAVE to bring in something new. But then again, as others have pointed out, people have been rather badly hurt and still retained combat capability throughout this series, so he can easily rule the other way too. Somehow I think the latter is much more likely.

If you assume they'll be combat capable next chapter, and "God" doesn't dig himself in deeper by improving Hatfield's "hand", as I see it his hand is not decisively superior. He can be surprised, suppressed and threatened, though by pulling new cards from his sleeve he had been able to dig himself back out so far. As Cruz said back in Vol 5, a Needless shouldn't be bringing out new tricks left and right unless he has no choice. Combine this with the whole point of this arc, which is Cruz Growth, and it is obvious the hand would be improved tactically with Cruz's brain, similar to how he does it at the end of Vol4 and Vol5. Using deux ex machina would kill the effect.

Spoiler for needless Ch63:

And since it is in Japanese Wiki, I don't think spoiler tags are needed to say that Setsuna is 4 and Kuchinashi is 7 in the squad. No one seems to know Mio's number, though.
Old 2009-09-06, 09:08   Link #238
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Ohhh...Eve please get up already!

Spoiler for Eve & Cruz:
Old 2009-09-06, 09:59   Link #239
shadowii

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Ohhh...Eve please get up already!

Spoiler for Eve & Cruz:
there she is again the butterfly bell girl.
and wow, that means those two have been around since the begining
Old 2009-09-06, 11:25   Link #240
Plant42

Quote:
there she is again the butterfly bell girl.
and wow, that means those two have been around since the beginning
Her name is Clochette. She is a character from Drama CD "Reversal Brain", her fragment is "Reversal Brain".
Plant42 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, seinen