AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-11, 02:48   Link #501
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
*face palm

Just watched the sub...

*massage head

God, my head hurts after watching.... What is this again? I got many questions that I think will be answered ridiculously.....

I can't say anything else except the butt. A whole advance technology made inside a small house. What a joke....

I'll stomach one more episode... This anime gives me the creeps.... I think I know whats coming...

I was hoping that a kind of romance will save this but if "that" kind of romance spurts here then goodbye...

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-01-11 at 03:09.
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 02:49   Link #502
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
What about Rei? Isn't she one of the mains too?
Only four girls are confirmed to wear the palette suit. Rei and even Momo are potantial users.
dark998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 03:03   Link #503
Aesthetic Shampoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
A whole advance technology made inside a small house. What a joke....
The Grandpa was outcast because of the accident 7 years ago, they think he caused it or something. This also strikes me as unfair, he invents the solution to solving worldwide energy crises and he doesn't even get enough to give his granddaughter money for a train ride
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 03:17   Link #504
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I can't say anything else except the butt. A whole advance technology made inside a small house. What a joke....
Mad scientists/geniuses making game-breaking technologies inside insconspicuous homes is such an old and widespread trope that your surprise for it is actually quite surprising.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

(Alright Tony Stark isn't exactly inconspicuous, but still. He even made his first armor in a cave. With a box of scraps )

Quote:
I'll stomach one more episode... This anime gives me the creeps.... I think I know whats coming...
What do you think is coming?

Am I perhaps missing something here? All I saw was your traditional magical girl/superhero show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssTEss View Post
The Grandpa was outcast because of the accident 7 years ago, they think he caused it or something. This also strikes me as unfair, he invents the solution to solving worldwide energy crises and he doesn't even get enough to give his granddaughter money for a train ride
I think the implication is that they do have the money to spend, but that the Professor is spending them on all his gadgets and inventions, which is why Momo blamed him for their poorness. I mean, how else would you explain him having an armored bunker in the house along with all that nice tech?

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-01-11 at 06:06. Reason: hid the large image instead an image tag...
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 03:22   Link #505
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Mad scientists/geniuses making game-breaking technologies inside insconspicuous homes is such an old and widespread trope that your surprise for it is actually quite surprising.
Hahaha, LOL, if her Grandpa has just the same wealth like that guy... Come to think of it.. Ironman is a one hell of a millionaire. Compare that to the old man's , his steamer and his hut... You can't even build an Atomic bomb under a hut....

Quote:
What do you think is coming?

Am I perhaps missing something here?
You know magical girls... without men... I know you know what I mean...
Old 2013-01-11, 03:26   Link #506
Sol Falling

Wow. I've been waiting on this one forever but that first episode still blew me away. Absolutely awesome introduction. I love the feel-good themes about science and friendship too.

Apparently the scriptwriter for this series is pretty notorious so there's plenty of room for this to turn cliche, I guess. But for the moment I am completely impressed with this anime. Wonderful start.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 03:29   Link #507
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hahaha, LOL, if her Grandpa has just the same wealth like that guy... Come to think of it.. Ironman is a one hell of a millionaire. Compare that to the old man's , his steamer and his hut... You can't even build an Atomic bomb under a hut....
If you have the proper materials, you can actually. In fact, it isn't that difficult as long as you know the principles behind how to make a 'simple' gun-type fission bomb, and all the components can be crafted using commercially-available tools and equipment. It's getting the necessary weapons-grade nuclear fuel that's the problem.

Also, I'd hardly describe their home as a "hut". It's an average Japanese Tatami-mat house, but with a bunker underneath. You'd be hard-pressed to miss all those steel sliding doors now, not to mention the fact that it has a second floor.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2013-01-11, 03:36   Link #508
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
If you have the proper materials, you can actually. In fact, it isn't that difficult as long as you know the principles behind how to make a 'simple' gun-type fission bomb, and all the components can be crafted using commercially-available tools and equipment. It's getting the necessary weapons-grade nuclear fuel that's the problem.

Also, I'd hardly describe their home as a "hut". It's an average Japanese Tatami-mat house, but with a bunker underneath. You'd be hard-pressed to miss all those steel sliding doors now, not to mention the fact that it has a second floor.
Just imagine the technology... Such space and equipment wouldn't be enough especially compressing an Majorette's armor suit inside on a key. I could here Ironman saying WTF?
Old 2013-01-11, 04:25   Link #509
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

I really wonder how much guys were disappointed that there's no nude transformation. I know that you guys like those, since all b-baka guys like ecchi.
Old 2013-01-11, 04:26   Link #510
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
I really wonder how much guys were disappointed that there's no nude transformation. I know that you guys like those, since all b-baka guys like ecchi.
Nudity is no problem... Its "that" thing that bothers me...
Old 2013-01-11, 04:30   Link #511
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Oh hey you can count all the underwear shots with just one hand.

Well that was a a fast and explosive first episode. I'm more curious if this is going to be a solo job or a team-based one like SW.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 04:38   Link #512
Fiemma
Fiamma

I disappointed. The series all about moe girls yuri fantasy
Old 2013-01-11, 04:40   Link #513
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiemma View Post
I disappointed. The series all about moe girls yuri fantasy
Damn that is what I'm scared about..

Images

Last edited by NoemiChan; 2013-01-11 at 05:07.
Old 2013-01-11, 04:41   Link #514
Dr. Casey

Quote:
I can't say anything else except the butt. A whole advance technology made inside a small house. What a joke...
I'm pretty sure the series is supposed to take place in the fairly distant future, not 2013 (I almost wrote 2012 there, lols), so that explains why such advanced technology is created so easily. As a futurist, I very much like the idea of a more or less perfect world where technology has made everyone's lives as easy and convenient as can be.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 04:43   Link #515
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
I'm pretty sure the series is supposed to take place in the fairly distant future, not 2013 (I almost wrote 2012 there, lols), so that explains why such advanced technology is created so easily. As a futurist, I very much like the idea of a more or less perfect world where technology has made everyone's lives as easy and convenient as can be.
No suit could fit inside a key.....
Old 2013-01-11, 05:13   Link #516
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post

Well that was a a fast and explosive first episode. I'm more curious if this is going to be a solo job or a team-based one like SW.
I'll let the promotional pics do the talking:

Images
Might count as spoilers... not that they were hidden in the previous pages.

Quote:
No suit could fit inside a key.....
The premise may be based on over-tech, but from what we've seen Vivid Red Operation is still very much a Magical Girl title - you even have your token animal mascot character who grants the girl her powers in the form of the Professor!

Having a token transformation item like this that grants a suit out of nowhere is nothing unusual for Henshin heroes like these, whether it be Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Precure, Sailor Moon etc.

Old 2013-01-11, 05:15   Link #517
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:

Having a token transformation item like this that grants a suit out of nowhere is nothing unusual for Henshin heroes like these, whether it be Kamen Rider, Super Sentai, Precure, Sailor Moon etc.
Anyway.. is this sci fi or fantasy or both,,,,
Old 2013-01-11, 05:18   Link #518
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Anyway.. is this sci fi or fantasy or both,,,,
I'd argue semantics and say that sci-fi is a subset of fantasy, but for the sake of this discussion this show is pretty much soft sci-fi bordering on magic. How else do you take into account the Professor suddenly becoming a stuffed animal mascot?

For shows like this, you just have to accept conventions like these as part & parcel of the entire package.

Old 2013-01-11, 05:22   Link #519
NoemiChan
Banned

Quote:
I'd argue semantics and say that sci-fi is a subset of fantasy, but for the sake of this discussion this show is pretty much soft sci-fi bordering on magic. How else do you take into account the Professor suddenly becoming a stuffed animal mascot?

For shows like this, you just have to accept conventions like these as part & parcel of the entire package.
Magical Girl can't really stick out with pure science alone.
Old 2013-01-11, 05:24   Link #520
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

What about... Magical Science Girl?

I mean if you could have Science Ninja Team Gatchaman then...
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishoujo, comedy, ecchi, science fiction