AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-07-09, 21:50   Link #601
pampz21
ShipCore

so was it the soul of the regret was the one that move on or was it his pysical body?

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 22:00   Link #602
GrimJack

it is being worked on again, apparently the translation of the last page was wrong so we may get better details of what happens
Old 2013-07-09, 22:16   Link #603
alviam099

Eh? I never thought there'd be a next chapter. Wonder who put those new rumors, congrats to Niiya, lucky shit.

alviam099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-09, 23:19   Link #604
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well, the last part was pretty vague, so we need the epilogue for this one. Teichi was running UP to the roof wasn't he? But when he sees Yuuko again, she's standing by the school gate? Something is up here.
Old 2013-07-10, 00:32   Link #605
Micromancer
>_>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Well, the last part was pretty vague, so we need the epilogue for this one. Teichi was running UP to the roof wasn't he? But when he sees Yuuko again, she's standing by the school gate? Something is up here.
he's running 'down' imo...
Micromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-10, 00:56   Link #606
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well that was.....strange. So did she get a new body or Niya joined her in the afterlife?
Old 2013-07-10, 01:28   Link #607
Seitsuki
Onee!

Oh yes. Yes. Yes. **** yes. THANK YOU! NO REGRETS!!!
Old 2013-07-10, 01:29   Link #608
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Well that was.....strange. So did she get a new body or Niya joined her in the afterlife?
You are looking at it from the wrong angle. Basically, if she is forgotten, she has to "leave" and can't return, but as long as she is remembered she can "be here". The manga went on more than once on how Yuuko was kind of a manifestation of people's impressions, and "she can't come to be" without those impressions (ghost stories).

In any event I'm betting that the 7th ghost story is going to be a "misunderstanding" like most of the others, and that Niiya wasn't actually taken to the spirit world or something After all that doesn't make sense with the concept of ghost that this story has (they have nothing to do with the underworld). I have to say that Niiya & Yuuko writing the last ghost story was something that crossed my mind back as "would be nice" when Kiirie told her own version of the 7th one.

Of course the final interpretation of everything is riding in the epilogue (which I'm guessing is going to be a fanservice episode with little happenings).
Old 2013-07-10, 07:25   Link #609
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
In any event I'm betting that the 7th ghost story is going to be a "misunderstanding" like most of the others, and that Niiya wasn't actually taken to the spirit world or something After all that doesn't make sense with the concept of ghost that this story has (they have nothing to do with the underworld). I have to say that Niiya & Yuuko writing the last ghost story was something that crossed my mind back as "would be nice" when Kiirie told her own version of the 7th one.

Of course the final interpretation of everything is riding in the epilogue (which I'm guessing is going to be a fanservice episode with little happenings).
I think the 7th mystery has to be ambiguous, or it wouldn't be a good mystery. That's why it was made to look like Teiichi eloped with Yuuko for good - did Yuuko become real to the point where everyone could see her leaving with Teiichi, or did Teiichi somehow join her in the spirit world?
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 03:46   Link #610
jrkong

Anyone notice Niiya being spirited away was completely foreshadowed by Kirie when they first met?
jrkong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 15:21   Link #611
CBredbeard
Banned

So basically she did end up killing him.
CBredbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 15:58   Link #612
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBredbeard View Post
So basically she did end up killing him.
So romantic isn't it? xD
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 16:09   Link #613
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
So romantic isn't it? xD
Yeah. I mean, you've got a ghost girl that was robbed of her life by the one she wanted to protect the most, a ghost girl that is pretty much the same as any living girl right down to #1 and #2 and possibly even a girl's special. Considering how awful her existence has been, she really deserves nothing less than a second chance at living her life.

Maybe it wouldn't be so terrible if I hadn't seen the anime ahead of time, but the difference is incredible. Yoko in the anime tells him "let me go and forget" Yoko in the manga outright kills him and drags him down to the underworld. One Yoko is very strong, kind, and beautiful. The other is a selfish, murdering bitch.
Old 2013-08-09, 17:24   Link #614
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Yeah. I mean, you've got a ghost girl that was robbed of her life by the one she wanted to protect the most, a ghost girl that is pretty much the same as any living girl right down to #1 and #2 and possibly even a girl's special. Considering how awful her existence has been, she really deserves nothing less than a second chance at living her life.

Maybe it wouldn't be so terrible if I hadn't seen the anime ahead of time, but the difference is incredible. Yoko in the anime tells him "let me go and forget" Yoko in the manga outright kills him and drags him down to the underworld. One Yoko is very strong, kind, and beautiful. The other is a selfish, murdering bitch.
Wow...dude, I was joking.

Yuuko in the anime did a fake out and came back, bringing the status quo back to normal.
Yuuko in the manga simply ended up spiriting away Teiichi but it was his own choice to go with her because he loved her. She didn't murder him, she took him with her to be in their own little world and become another myth in the school.
Old 2013-08-09, 18:07   Link #615
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Wow...dude, I was joking.

Yuuko in the anime did a fake out and came back, bringing the status quo back to normal.
Yuuko in the manga simply ended up spiriting away Teiichi but it was his own choice to go with her because he loved her. She didn't murder him, she took him with her to be in their own little world and become another myth in the school.
She did murder him. She could have rejected him and spared him his life. She didn't. And whether you like the fact that she returned or not, you have to appreciate the fact that she was trying to break it off, do the responsible and reasonable thing, the right thing, and offer him some comfort and peace of mind at the end.

In the manga, she. Freakin'. Killed. Him. If she loved him, she wouldn't have let him kill himself. And that's precisely what he did. Now they're both burning in hell.

Last edited by CBredbeard; 2013-08-09 at 18:25.
Old 2013-08-09, 18:35   Link #616
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
She did murder him. She could have rejected him and spared him his life. She didn't. And whether you like the fact that she returned or not, you have to appreciate the fact that she was trying to break it off, do the responsible and reasonable thing, the right thing, and offer him some comfort and peace of mind at the end.

In the manga, she. Freakin'. Killed. Him. If she loved him, she wouldn't have let him kill himself. And that's precisely what he did. Now they're both burning in hell.
You are putting in Black or White in this situation. In hindsight yes, she took Niiya's spirit thus leaving his material body behind. If she choose not to take Niiya, no one knows for certain, but most would believe deep depression for a good part of Niiya's life or he could take matters in his own hands and commit suicide. There are always two sides of the story here, you cannot just condemn the entire thing with a single part.

Also, remember the difference of cultures here. Western Europe and the U.S. have different views of death compared with most Eastern Asian countries. They believe there is no such thing as death and there is a cycle and the only thing that matters is the spirit, not the material body. As l0ong as the spirit is all good, then it is okay. I am Buddhism, so that is why I am not so critical of this.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 18:55   Link #617
CBredbeard
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
You are putting in Black or White in this situation. In hindsight yes, she took Niiya's spirit thus leaving his material body behind. If she choose not to take Niiya, no one knows for certain, but most would believe deep depression for a good part of Niiya's life or he could take matters in his own hands and commit suicide. There are always two sides of the story here, you cannot just condemn the entire thing with a single part.

Also, remember the difference of cultures here. Western Europe and the U.S. have different views of death compared with most Eastern Asian countries. They believe there is no such thing as death and there is a cycle and the only thing that matters is the spirit, not the material body. As l0ong as the spirit is all good, then it is okay. I am Buddhism, so that is why I am not so critical of this.
Oh, so they don't have a problem with murder in Japan. It all makes sense now.
Old 2013-08-09, 18:56   Link #618
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Burning in hell...right...that's cute.

Anyway, I'm not even gonna bother anymore...just gonna say that it was what he wanted and that's that xD
Old 2013-08-09, 19:30   Link #619
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
You schould read the definition of what murder is before using it in context with the end of this manga.

Niiya wanted it, it was his own wish to be with her in afterlife or wherever they are at the moment. He is Happy, she is happy.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-09, 20:30   Link #620
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Was there any Malice aforethought in this situation? Was it premeditated? Is this a situation where it is covered by the law? Was there any intent to kill here?

Which Government Class did you take?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, romance, school life, shounen, supernatural