AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Little Busters

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-06, 20:28   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

Little Busters - Voice Actor Appreciation & Discussion

The purpose of this thread is to discuss, critique and idolize the Voice Actor cast of Little Busters. Please remember that the discussion should center on their performances as professional voice actors and not on the show content (which can be discussed in the various Episode threads). Please remember this simple rule when critiquing a VA's performance or reading another forum member's critique:
  • Don't take it personally.
    In other words, you’re free to disagree with another person’s opinion, but don’t flame them if they offer a well written and well thought out analysis that differs from your own opinion. Keep it civil.

• Voice Actors are human.
    Yes, it’s true. They’re human. Therefore, don’t just indiscriminately rip them and their work apart as if they’re inorganic objects. You don’t have to praise them non-stop, but be thoughtful in your criticism.
This thread might duplicate some discussion in the Episode threads, but it can also serve to demystify various VA roles, disseminate VA information (VA Bios, VA photos, etc) and provide cast information of various types as well as discussion about performances.
Old 2012-10-06, 20:43   Link #2
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Well I might as well start.

My thoughts on Sasasasawa Sasasagami are... her voice sounds too deep, and sounds too Ojou-sama.

Arty

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Old 2012-10-06, 21:13   Link #3
Balzac
Assistant Professor

One thing I'm waiting to see on this thread are people's reactions to a certain sugary sweet individual's voice...considering I personally disliked it (being painfully familiar with the VA) and had to warm up to it over the course of the game.
Old 2012-10-06, 21:30   Link #4
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Tamiyasu Tomoe (Rin):
Nickname Tammy, Bust. Raised by a single mother. Found her mom's risque novels when she was young. Named her self Tamiyasu Tomoe after her childhood classmate whom she always admired. Has her own band. (Imaginary) fanclub: Tamiyasu-tai. Fetish: boobs.

Wakabayashi Naomi (Kud):
Nickname Yakochan, Bu-chan, Buta-Gorilla, Kame-bazooka, V3, Gamer. Used the name Suzuta Miyako during the pre-anime days. Never showed her face for the pictures they took during each radio show session. Did concert lives and live radio shows in full body furry costumes. Got drunk multiple times on air. (Imaginary) fanclub: Kuma-tissue-(k)night. Fetish: tents in pants.

Midorikawa Hikaru (Kyousuke):
Nickname Hirori kara birori. Is a Gundam. Fetish: loli.
Old 2012-10-06, 21:36   Link #5
supermegasonic

Kyousuke voice was bad@$$, good choice to use Midorikawa Hikaru
Old 2012-10-06, 21:42   Link #6
Burden

I still think Horie's voice is too feminine even for a character like Riki, but I'll wait to see how he handles the role. I must admit I had some passive dissonance after hearing her voice remind me of past roles. D:
Old 2012-10-06, 23:26   Link #7
Shinguji
Constantly Lurking

I felt Horie Yui's voice didn't quite fit at first, but definitely grew on me as the episode went on. The only time it felt a bit too feminine was during the flashback (reminds me of Hanyuu ), but I guess that can't be helped.

It was nice to hear Midorikawa announce "Mission Start!" again. Love his work as Kyousuke. Same goes for Masato and Kengo's VAs. I can't wait to hear the "kinniku kinniku!" (I hope they include at least one scene with the "Play with Masato" segments) and "MAAAAAAAAN"s.
Old 2012-10-06, 23:43   Link #8
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

Riki's new voice will grow on me, but I really liked Sasami's new voice, it just fits!
Old 2012-10-07, 20:05   Link #9
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Text-to-speech software with Tamiyasu Tomoe's voice.
Old 2012-10-07, 21:44   Link #10
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Text-to-speech software with Tamiyasu Tomoe's voice.
...if only... if only there was an English version...
Old 2012-10-08, 09:33   Link #11
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

Riki sounds like a trap to me no matter how many times I try to cope with the voice. Horie Yui is my favorite VA and really loved almost all her roles and I'm positive that she'll do a great job with Riki. But...

He's already too feminine, adding Horie Yui's "whistling" voice will keep dragging him more and more towards the trap field...
Old 2012-10-08, 09:52   Link #12
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rengemaru View Post
Riki sounds like a trap to me no matter how many times I try to cope with the voice. Horie Yui is my favorite VA and really loved almost all her roles and I'm positive that she'll do a great job with Riki. But...

He's already too feminine, adding Horie Yui's "whistling" voice will keep dragging him more and more towards the trap field...
I think that's a complement. Just look at danbooru... so many genderbent Riki pics.
Old 2012-10-08, 10:00   Link #13
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

I'm just going to go out and say that there might be a reason why his voice was too feminine in the VN and in the actual anime.

Arty

Old 2012-10-08, 10:08   Link #14
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
I'm just going to go out and say that there might be a reason why his voice was too feminine in the VN and in the actual anime.

Arty
Wait, really?
Old 2012-10-08, 10:16   Link #15
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

He's obviously not as "big" as Masato, Kengo... and Brosuke is older. Plus his body LOOKS like a girl's.

If you put a big manly voice in that body everyone will be screaming bloody murder.

Arty

Old 2012-10-08, 11:24   Link #16
sona-nyl
Actually an Alligator

The only problem with Hocchan as Riki for me is that she sounds like Hocchan. It isn't even about him sounding like a girl or a boy its just that I can hear that its Hocchan and I'm so used to her doing girls.

I actually thought her work was pretty great otherwise.
Old 2012-10-09, 04:26   Link #17
Mcfart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
He's obviously not as "big" as Masato, Kengo... and Brosuke is older. Plus his body LOOKS like a girl's.

If you put a big manly voice in that body everyone will be screaming bloody murder.

Arty
Wait what? That's not a great reason considering that Tomaya and that guy from Kanon had similer builds yet sounded more masculine (though Kanon's VA was WAY too manly for a high school student). There were still better options .
Old 2012-10-09, 05:02   Link #18
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Kanon's VA was Tomokazu Sugita, what do you expect?

The only other option for Riki I could think of now is maybe KugiRie, since she did voice Alphonse.

But I think Hocchan is doing an OK job so far. It's been five years now so I'm not sure, but I think Riki's tone didn't sound too different than from the novels either. Riki was indeed supposed to sound like a girl anyways.
Old 2012-10-09, 05:31   Link #19
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

I think he sounds an awful lot like the original Riki, I honestly have no problems with it since I loved Tamiyasu's Riki and I think I'll grow to love Horie's.

He sounds too girly? Please, he's meant to =w=
People will get over it soon enough.

I'm just worried about Mio's new voice. I hope it lives up to standard.
Old 2012-10-09, 05:39   Link #20
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspirety View Post
I think he sounds an awful lot like the original Riki, I honestly have no problems with it since I loved Tamiyasu's Riki and I think I'll grow to love Horie's.

He sounds too girly? Please, he's meant to =w=
People will get over it soon enough.

I'm just worried about Mio's new voice. I hope it lives up to standard.
Yeah, considering what the story has in store for Mio, I'm sure I'm more worried about that.

...IMO Horie Yui's acting is fine. Riki was MEANT to be feminine. Because Mio says so.
Closed Thread