AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier: Sayonara no Tsubasa Movie Rating
Perfect 10 40 42.11%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 33 34.74%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 12.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 5.26%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-31, 13:43   Link #2921
Aqua Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post

Now, if only Michael had survived the series and the meeting of chibi-Sheryl and chibi-Alto were canon in the series, I could give the clear edge to the series over the movies, but those two factors weigh heavily on my mind...
Agreed, add a full/semi-full confession to Sheryl and series would be perfect, as I hated series ending, when everything pointed to Sheryl x Alto. I even thought that at the end of series, Alto would kill Ranka after their dialogue where Ranka would beg to kill her as she was now an enemy.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:44   Link #2922
magnuskn

Oh, btw., was it as crystal clear in the movie that the Vajra queen folded out before the beam spam from the fleet of Quarters hit or did they edit that in for the DVD/BD release? Because I can't imagine someone overlooking that, unless he had a severe case of Ranka goggles on during that scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Knight View Post
Agreed, add a full/semi-full confession to Sheryl and series would be perfect, as I hated series ending, when everything pointed to Sheryl x Alto. I even thought that at the end of series, Alto would kill Ranka after their dialogue where Ranka would beg to kill her as she was now an enemy.
Even while I was raging for years about the writers not giving the audience the proper conclusion as the gods of good storytelling mandated it, I think it was pretty clear that there was no fricking way in hell that Ranka was going to be able to pry Sheryl and Alto apart anymore. Because, as many faults as series!Ranka had, malicious homewrecker didn't seem to be among them.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:46   Link #2923
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yot-chan View Post
Yes. Deeply weird.

But how did you feel about the medley?
I don't even remember most anything of it. And I've watched the movie three times, already...

Now, I still have the TV series medley (both versions, actually) on most of my playlists. Am I the only one?

Old 2011-10-31, 13:48   Link #2924
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Oh, btw., was it as crystal clear in the movie that the Vajra queen folded out before the beam spam from the fleet of Quarters hit or did they edit that in for the DVD/BD release? Because I can't imagine someone overlooking that, unless he had a severe case of Ranka goggles on during that scene.
Its pretty clear to me. Personally, I think the Vajra queen caused a small bend of space/time that slowed time, then simply folded. I took that scene literally, and it wouldn't be too far fetched, considering the Vajra are able to warp reality to a significant degree. After all, thats just interacting with fold.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:54   Link #2925
Aqua Knight

I wonder where will Alto teleport, and he has no helmet on him
I hope there's atmosphere there where Vajra Queen folded.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:54   Link #2926
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Its pretty clear to me. Personally, I think the Vajra queen caused a small bend of space/time that slowed time, then simply folded. I took that scene literally, and it wouldn't be too far fetched, considering the Vajra are able to warp reality to a significant degree. After all, thats just interacting with fold.

- Tak
Yeah, I can't see it in any other way that the Vajra folded out.

Quote:
I wonder where will Alto teleport, and he has no helmet on him
I hope there's atmosphere there where Vajra Queen folded.
That little green Vajra was able to make a bubble to save Sheryl and Ozma, I'm sure their queen would be clever enough to do that for Alto too.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:55   Link #2927
KNIGHTMAREGUNDAM

[QUOTE=magnuskn;3834545]Oh, btw., was it as crystal clear in the movie that the Vajra queen folded out before the beam spam from the fleet of Quarters hit or did they edit that in for the DVD/BD release? Because I can't imagine someone overlooking that, unless he had a severe case of Ranka goggles on during that scene.QUOTE]

Crystal clear and plain to see. She folded out, portals closed like half a second before the beams reached her. Impossible not to see that. I noticed that the first time I saw the movie and I notice it again when I rewatched the movie.

Someone please post snapshots of that scene.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:55   Link #2928
magnuskn

Quote:

- Tak
Ah, I flubbed, I meant "was it as clear in the movie theater as it was on the DVD/BD release?". Because I remember someone telling us that it was like totally difficult to tell what happened, even after multiple viewings, instead of being, y'know, literally absolutely impossible to miss that the Vajra queen had folded before the beams hit.

Unless your mission is to inflict as much emotional turmoil as you can, of course.
Old 2011-10-31, 13:58   Link #2929
Tak

Quote:
Because I remember someone telling us that it was like totally difficult to tell what happened, even after multiple viewings, instead of being, y'know, literally absolutely impossible to miss that the Vajra queen had folded before the beams hit.
Eh, I think that was just 1 person.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:01   Link #2930
magnuskn

Quote:

- Tak
Oh, I know. But I had to ask, because I don't want to think the worst of someone without at least making sure that there wasn't some change between the two versions.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:01   Link #2931
Aqua Knight

Conversation here is very lively
Old 2011-10-31, 14:03   Link #2932
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Ah, I flubbed, I meant "was it as clear in the movie theater as it was on the DVD/BD release?". Because I remember someone telling us that it was like totally difficult to tell what happened, even after multiple viewings, instead of being, y'know, literally absolutely impossible to miss that the Vajra queen had folded before the beams hit.

Unless your mission is to inflict as much emotional turmoil as you can, of course.
I'm sorry, you were saying something about passive-aggressive douchebags...?

If you're sincerely asking, I'll answer. If you're just trying to be a dick, I won't.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:04   Link #2933
Tak

Quote:
Conversation here is very lively
If you were here during the airing of Gundam Seed Destiny...

Quote:

If you're sincerely asking, I'll answer. If you're just trying to be a dick, I won't.
Well, I am not sure who Maggy was referring to, but I certainly wasn't referring to you.

- Tak

Old 2011-10-31, 14:08   Link #2934
magnuskn

Quote:

Well, since apparently saying things directly is a good way to get posts deleted...

But, yeah, what gives between your portrayal and what was actually in the movie?
Old 2011-10-31, 14:19   Link #2935
Thess

Quote:
Though I bet the next Macross series would combine both elements of the series & the movie, like they always do.
I think that too.

The Nyan Nyan clips seemed to combine a bit of both (Ranka looked like her movie version. TV series Ranka often dressed too lolicon, but her movie version had a better wardrobe)? I brought this up earlier (I think?), like Flashback combined DYRL and the tv series.

I hope that... Michel is "officially" alive.

Quote:

- Tak
Well, if Kawamori needed to have this question addressed in the (alleged) interview, it wasn't just one person. It's easy to miss stuff like this when you're pumped in a movie theater, guys.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Old 2011-10-31, 14:22   Link #2936
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
Well, since apparently saying things directly is a good way to get posts deleted...

But, yeah, what gives between your portrayal and what was actually in the movie?
I like how you're making it out that I'm the ONLY one who had that view. Please remember that there was an entire theater full of sobbing teenage girls, and enough people apparently (according to that admittedly not-quite-believable-by-my-standards interview) asked Kawamori about it that he felt the need to address the issue.

But hey...you don't really want an answer, you just want to attack me.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:25   Link #2937
magnuskn

Quote:
I like how you're making it out that I'm the ONLY one who had that view. Please remember that there was an entire theater full of sobbing teenage girls, and enough people apparently (according to that admittedly not-quite-believable-by-my-standards interview) asked Kawamori about it that he felt the need to address the issue.

But hey...you don't really want an answer, you just want to attack me.
It just seems very unlikely that everybody missed this. I mean, it's not even close, there are one or two seconds between the Vajra queen disappearing and the beams hitting. I can't fathom that all the people could have had a two second blackout.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:32   Link #2938
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Quote:
It just seems very unlikely that everybody missed this. I mean, it's not even close, there are one or two seconds between the Vajra queen disappearing and the beams hitting. I can't fathom that all the people could have had a two second blackout.
Then let me refresh your memory...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...17#post3505717

Not ALL the spoilers came from me, after all.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:44   Link #2939
magnuskn

Quote:
Then let me refresh your memory...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...17#post3505717

Not ALL the spoilers came from me, after all.
The "I don't know why people are saying that the Vajra queen folded, I didn't see it at all" surely did in the weeks thereafter.
Old 2011-10-31, 14:48   Link #2940
Tak

Is this where I use Beto voice and go: Guys... get a room?

- Tak

Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, movie, romance, science fiction, song