AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-09, 22:06   Link #21
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

I am just saying what I think at the time, I really want to know how is for real.
Old 2013-02-17, 19:33   Link #22
Sunder the Gold

Here's something I forgot to add:

In a Duel, one combatant can offer his opponent the option of a Free-For-All. If the opponent accepts, then any members of the gallery can join the battle.

When this happens, the time limit does not reset, but both combatants return to full HP and zero SP. However, the mental effects of any pain suffered from severe injuries does not vanish, so one of the opponents might still be incapacitated.

In a Free-For-All, there are no teams. Presumably the Burst Linker with the most HP remaining at the end is considered the winner, with all losers forfeiting Burst Points to the him based on their own individual levels versus his level.

The gallery watching Cyan Pile's first fight with Dusk Taker (which turned into a Free-For-All) only had Silver Crow and Lime Bell in the gallery, so only they could join the fight.

This is not to be taken as a sign that Cyan Pile is unpopular. (Or symptomatic of Dusk Taker being a virtual unknown.) After all, Black Lotus likely has all of her legion members marked for gallery viewing.

Rather, the duel took place within the Umesato Middle School network, cut off from the global web. No matter who else was following Cyan Pile's fights, they could not observe.

Cyan Pile specifically invited all of the gallery members for his battle in the hospital's closed network... Though come to think of it, I'm not sure why this should have worked, or why he did it. He meant to challenge Black Lotus while she was helpless, but that would just reveal him as a traitor, right?

It's unknown whether or not Burst Linkers in other challenge zones are capable of watching duels in different zones if all parties are connected to the global network.

But Kuroyuki did not observe Silver Crow's duel with Ash Roller outside of their territory, so I'm guessing that there very much IS some kind of range limit.
Old 2013-02-19, 08:09   Link #23
Sunder the Gold

Oh, and it's not just Black Lotus. In the light novels, Silver Crow can also see his opponent's level in duels. The first time he fights Dusk Taker, he sees Taker's level is 5.
Old 2013-02-19, 11:34   Link #24
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

You forgot to include that this was done by opening up a separate window during the battle (as far as the anime is concerned anyway).
Old 2013-02-19, 13:06   Link #25
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
You forgot to include that this was done by opening up a separate window during the battle (as far as the anime is concerned anyway).
A good point!

In the anime, if one has the time to spare in the middle of a duel, they can open up a status window to learn more about their enemy. Unfortunately, this was almost completely useless when Silver Crow did it!

It shows the name of the opponent, as well as their level and a full-body picture.

Learning about their level is very helpful, and the picture can reveal their color to someone who doesn't recognize the English word. It can also show their equipment.

In Dusk Taker's case, it shows both of the Enhanced Armaments that Taker had equipped at the time, rather than his default state of nothing. So it's possible to hide items from that picture.

The screen also shows how many Burst Points the subject has, and their number of Wins, Losses and Draws. But for some reason, all of these read as "Non-Disclosure" for Dusk Taker.

It's possible that "Non-Disclosure" is a privacy setting Burst Linkers can choose, though it seems unlikely.

More likely, it's another advantage of using the BIC to access the global net while leaving the Nuero-Linker disconnected. One not only avoids the Matching List, but likewise cannot have such information read.

But that doesn't make sense either. The part of the Brain Burst program which exists independently of each copy installed into Neuro-Linkers already records and stores a lot of information. Your win/loss/draw record ought to be part of that, and especially your Burst Points.

The system bothers to remember what level you are and what equipment you're currently using, so forgetting the other information doesn't seem likely.

The final option is that all such information is naturally blocked for a combatant inside a duel, but in that case there would be no point in showing those information fields in the window at all. So it's the least likely explanation.

From a meta-perspective, of course, the animators might have simply done that to make Noumi seem more mysterious. Certainly, only Dusk Taker's Level came up in the lightnovel version of this scene, and there was no extra window required to see that.

I feel that I've seen another status window before, other than Taker's or Crow's, and that it revealed someone's normal and special moves, but that could just be a false memory on my part.

Anyone remember that?
Old 2013-02-20, 10:17   Link #26
Sunder the Gold

Another rule:

It is not possible to transfer "initial equipment"-type Enhanced Armaments through duels or on the Unlimited Neutral Field. Two Burst Linkers must be Direct Link connected in the real world to affect such a transfer in the Accelerated one.

Sky Raker could not transfer her Gale Thruster to Silver Crow without Fuuko establishing a Direct Link with Haruyuki. He could not transfer it back without doing the same.

This is not an obstacle for Dusk Taker's Demonic Commandeer, as he attempted to steal the Pile Driver in his final battle despite having no Direct Link to Takumu. His stealing power supercedes that limitation.

However, there was also no Direct Link between Sulphur Pot and Crimson Kingbolt, nor between Kingbolt and Black Lotus, yet the Mystic Reins were capable of trading hands between the three of them.

This is our first solid clue that Initial Equipment like Sky Raker's Gale Thruster are not as easy to lose (or steal) as other sorts of items.

First, Sulphur Pot lost his grip on the Mystic Reins, and then Black Lotus slashed them apart. This reduced it back to a standby item card, which can presumably be easily gifted to other Duel Avatars in the Accelerated World.

Sky Raker did not offer Silver Crow that option, even though -- if it were possible at all-- Silver Crow could later return the favor and allow her to beat the Thruster off of him.

Since there's no way the Mystic Reins are an initial equipment, this suggests that initial equipment has some form of ownership protection that other sorts of items do not enjoy.
Old 2013-02-23, 12:17   Link #27
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunder the Gold View Post
It's possible that "Non-Disclosure" is a privacy setting Burst Linkers can choose, though it seems unlikely.
I find it strange that you fail to provide any evidence to back this up, come up with another theory and then proceed to disprove it.
Old 2013-02-23, 15:34   Link #28
Sunder the Gold

Quote:
I find it strange that you fail to provide any evidence to back this up, come up with another theory and then proceed to disprove it.
Stream-of-consciousness writing. New ideas come to me as I write, and as I see the facts laid out on the table, new theories are formed and old ones discarded.

Many times, I play my own devil's advocate.

No, I can't provide evidence about whether there is or isn't a privacy option to hide your Burst Point total.

Still, how many Burst Linkers would be stupid enough to advertise that information? It's like posting on Facebook the exact amount of money you carry in your pockets or earn for a salary.

Even if most Burst Linkers aren't savvy enough to foresee a problem with this, it would very quickly become commonly shared wisdom that it's better to hide such information. After that, only the truly arrogant and/or powerful would dare to leave such information available to scrutiny.

I think Brain Burst is too well-designed to include a feature which will almost never come into play.

If you can only rarely open up your opponent's information screen in the middle of a duel and recieve any information on their Burst Points or success rates, then the programer wouldn't bother giving you the option in the first place.
Old 2013-02-23, 20:38   Link #29
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

With all of the legions, with the exception of Auroral Oval and Crypto Cosmic Circus having known second-in-commands, it isn't too far-fetched to think that legions have a heirarchy system that is customised to however the Legion Master wants it. If that's the case, then perhaps Legion members get classified according to the various ranks the Legion Master allocates them. It would also provide an incentive for members to stay in the Legion so they can continually increase in rank, which perhaps confers a bit of power over other members. This would make extremely large legions much easier to manage. Higher-ranking members, the Legion Master himself or/and the Parent might be able to see the non-disclosure stats. This would explain how Leonidz knew that Cyan Pile was low on points and act accordingly.
Old 2013-02-23, 21:18   Link #30
Sunder the Gold

I really wasn't sure where you were going with this; if it was a rebuttal to my last reply or some new and unrelated idea you wanted to share.

Quote:
With all of the legions, with the exception of Auroral Oval and Crypto Cosmic Circus having known second-in-commands
Blue Knight has the metallic Blade sisters. He might have a higher-ranked second in command, but so far they seem to the only ones filling the role.

Spoiler for Off-topic:

Quote:
it isn't too far-fetched to think that legions have a heirarchy system that is customised to however the Legion Master wants it. If that's the case, then perhaps Legion members get classified according to the various ranks the Legion Master allocates them. It would also provide an incentive for members to stay in the Legion so they can continually increase in rank, which perhaps confers a bit of power over other members. This would make extremely large legions much easier to manage. Higher-ranking members, the Legion Master himself or/and the Parent might be able to see the non-disclosure stats. This would explain how Leonidz knew that Cyan Pile was low on points and act accordingly.
With the exception of one detail, I see nothing to object to in any of this. It seems so plausible that you kind of figure it must be so.

The exception is the idea that the non-disclosed stats on Dusk Taker's screen would only be available to a small number of people. Again, if it's not going to be available to an opponent (and the vast majority of opponents, at that), why even allude to the information? Why show it just to hide it?

If that information is only available to a select and private group of people, they probably have the power to check that information any time they Accelerate, whether or not the subject is dueling them or even just on the matching list.

As for Cyan Pile, his treatment doesn't necessarily require that anyone knows exactly how many points he has. The more experienced members could probably tell just from his desperate, point-hungry behavior, combined with the fact that for all of the points he collects, he doesn't seem to be behaving any more calmy or leveling up. He's grabbing and grabbing and still acting as desperately as if he doesn't have enough points to spare on a few losses.

That would be my guess. But at the same time, there are signs that may indicate certain members of the Blue Legion (or the whole legion) actually know who Takumu is in real life. Including whether or not he drops out of kendo tournaments. Which means they might be aware of him using Acceleration excessively in kendo, which might be against Leonidz charter rules, just like in Nega Nebulous.
Old 2013-03-04, 14:32   Link #31
Sunder the Gold

So, finally bit the bullet and read the translated bits of Volume 6, seeing as how I already know in a rough sense what will happen in Volume 5.

Turns out that Gallery Members are afforded maxed out running and jumping ability; even if they can't break through walls to keep following the action, they can at least easily leap to the top of buildings and roof-hop to keep up with battles out in the open.

This handily explains why most (if not all) of the Gallery Members we've seen have been gathered on roof tops, despite spectators entering duel fields from their exact locations in the real world.

Speaking of spectators, even Incarnate Skills cannot inflict damage upon them, as they have no HP to lose. It might still be possible to affect them with skills like Memory Leak... but then again, it might not.

More on spectators: If both duelists agree, chosen spectators can be ejected from the gallery. This is useful for dealing with irritating spectators, but can also be used to weed out those Duel Avatars that neither party wants to face in a Battle Royale.

Alternatively, if the duelists and most spectators want a Battle Royale, then all spectators must accept. If any spectator does not accept and does not voluntarily leave, both duelists can kick that person out to get on with the free-for-all battle.
Old 2013-03-19, 16:07   Link #32
Sunder the Gold

Remember how I brought up the Opponent Status window?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqKbtA6ih0Q

Right there. Ash Roller calls up the same window against Silver Crow that Crow calls up for Dusk Taker. Except all of Crow's data is displayed: 00/00/00 record, and 99 Burst Points.
Old 2013-07-28, 10:37   Link #33
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

V11.4 has been half-translated, half-summarised in my own Google Doc. Before I sleep and forget though, I just want to lay out what it explains:

Moves in AW fall into Special Moves (kanji written as Killer Ability) and Normal Moves.

Special Moves are termed «Active Skills», which consume the special gauge in gulps, and their effect is immediately apparent on the target. The target typically excludes your own avatar.

Normal Moves may be termed «Passive Skills» and further subdivided into two subcategories.

The first of which is described as 'perpetually active.' They don't require the avatar's special gauge to be filled or partially filled to be used. Cyan Pile's stinging attack (shooting his stake a metre) and Lotus' skill «Terminate Sword» fall here.

The second is described as 'limited activation.' They do require special gauge to consume for as long as they're in use, i.e 'sipping' the special gauge, but they're not active all the time. (Hence the difference between 'perpetual' and 'limited') Aviation, Vertical Wall Climb, and Raker's Boost Jump, activating her Gale Thruster, are such 'limited activation' skills.

This 'limited activation' skill type is distinct from Special Moves even though they both consume the Gauge. V11.4-wise, Flash Blink isn't an example given, but it still falls within Special Move / Active Skill since Falcon can only teleport as far as his whole Gauge allows his teleportation to go.
Old 2013-07-28, 13:17   Link #34
Sunder the Gold

But the Gale Thruster expressly didn't use the Special Gauge.

Not unless Boost Jump is an ability of Sky Raker's that Crow didn't get in the trade.
Old 2013-07-29, 01:05   Link #35
Shiyumi

Boost Jump is a 'limited activation' skill, and Gale Thruster run on its internal fuel. Most distinct feature between Special Moves and 'limited activation' skill is the fist require voice command and the latter isn't.
Old 2013-07-29, 06:12   Link #36
HasuMasu
*Artist

I'm reminded of this picture.

Images
Volume 11
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-07-29, 06:28   Link #37
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

It is indeed the volume illustration for that chapter. The problem is how the text explaining it is summarised into the illustration.
Old 2013-07-30, 19:24   Link #38
InfinityDragonGod

I was just wondering. Is it possible to equip more than one Enhanced Armament?
Especially without using the Incarnate System.
Old 2013-07-31, 02:16   Link #39
Tusjecht
Anomaly / 矛盾存在

It is. Chrome Falcon equipped both The Destiny and Star Caster. Dusk Taker too had his bolt clippers and tentacles, later swapping out the former for the Pyro Dealer.
Old 2013-07-31, 10:22   Link #40
InfinityDragonGod

I see thanks for answering.
But is equipping two really the limit?
Closed Thread