Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-02-09, 04:19   Link #61
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirch
Instead of telling people to shut up or to stop watching the show why isn't the topic open to discussion about these particular problems.
I assume that the question was intended rhetorically, but there is an actual answer. Whenever someone complains about these episodes, their complaint is viewed in light of this being a filler story. Hence, people who enjoy the episode are just hearing, "Yap-filler-yap-filler-yap-yap," and tune out any actual criticism since it seems to be complaints simply because it is filler. Even worse, they are often right since many people really do automatically grade the episode much harsher as a result of the filler issue.

If this episode had been in the manga, these complaints would be a lot more muted and people would focus more on the postives. You'd be hearing a lot more about the fun school stuff and comedy, as well as less about the bad plotting. Many people - but not all people - really do judge filler differently.

As a result of this, anyone who likes this arc easily gets their back up about the unfair inequity in the criticisms.

With both sides getting bent out of shape over the filler issue, we'll have to try extra hard to keep the topic open to discussion about particular problems.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2006-02-09, 06:00   Link #62
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

I like this new arc. There have been some really funny moments and the plot is alright. And finally a badguy that I can dislike. Aizen, Tousen and Gin is too freakin´awesome to dislike.
(Sometimes I had to remind myself that Aizen is supposed to be the badguy)

But I keep having this feeling that they will have a happy ending for those three that is kidnapping everybody. I want them to be pounded into the ground and feel the bitter taste of loosing.

(But I doubt reactions would be all too positive if they let Ichigo and company kick a little girls ass... But the other two should be approved targets. )

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-02-09, 07:46   Link #63
Takishi

Boring episode, this new arc is really bad. Jokes are really tasteless, everything is so childish, please don't tell me that you all enjoyed this arc, i won't believe you :]

Something tells me that after next week special we will get another filler arc!!!
Old 2006-02-09, 07:47   Link #64
ShinigamiRukia
Ketchup Drinker

Send a message via MSN to ShinigamiRukia
Its awsome they show SoiFong =^0^= I hope she gets a bigger role maybe.

Thanks mangalowres for the avatar ^^
Thanks vandakiara
for the sig. ^^
Old 2006-02-09, 08:00   Link #65
Last_Hope
System/Web developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takishi
Boring episode, this new arc is really bad. Jokes are really tasteless, everything is so childish, please don't tell me that you all enjoyed this arc, i won't believe you :]

Something tells me that after next week special we will get another filler arc!!!
I wouldn´t mind some more fillers (or original story) after this arc which I´m enjoying. Since... (I haven´t read the manga but I suppose I should call this a minor manga spoiler)

Spoiler:

Want to know who did this kickass sig? Just click it!
Old 2006-02-09, 10:04   Link #66
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Regardless of everyone's negative comments for this arc, I actually enjoy these games.

The intruders want to play with the minds of our heroes to doubt about themselves, to confuse them, to expose their frailties and weaknesses, and to wear them down.

This psychological taxing endeavor makes for an effective strategy approach.
Most of the negative comments are coming from the poeple who are saying they are enjoying the fillers. They are telling people to shut up, saying the given reasons behind why the filler might not be good are stupid, implying people shouldn't post if the views aren't positive which pretty much tells you that these people only want to read/tolerate opinion which agree with their general view.

If you (not Guido in general) see it as annoying as how some of the comments are extremely negative then you should also be able to see how some of the positive comments sound so extemely positive which can also be annoying. Yet, no one is telling you to shut up, or stop posting, or that your reasonings for liking the fillers are dumb.

Guido mentions the mod souls approach is putting a lot of psychological stress to the Ichigo and the gang which makes the filler arc enjoyable. That the mind are games intended to wear and tear our heroes mentally, but these kind of situations aren't anything new in Bleach.

Recall, how Rukia was being taken to the execution ground. She made her peace as she was ready to die and then, Gin appeared in front of her. He told her he could free her if she wished to live. As she started contemplating when she was shown a ray of hope, Gin tells her he was lying.

Then you have Ichigo who pretty much throw way the everyday norm to shoulder the burden of a Shinigami when the situation demanded his sisters needed to be saved from the hollow who was holding them hostages. I'm talking about the first episode. Wasn't that psychologically taxing? Or when Ichigo was told he would become a hollow after a certain amount of time unless he could do something about it. Or the time when Hinamori got stabbed by the person she admired the most and the first question she asked was something incredulous like "what is it?" with a dumbfounded expression on her face. The question she asked wasn't "why". Last time we heard she had yet to recover and not only from physical injury.

The psychology card has been played many many times in Bleach to portray a moment or a situation. It just that the aspect of those psychological moment had been executed really well. In fillers, things are pretty much repetitive where the heroes seem not be given any choice but not to play those games, which pretty much indicates that the writers are struggling to come up with a solid convincing story without too much holes. And when the story isn't that engaging one tends to notice all the other aspect of a series such as animation, drawing, music, etc. All the comments about animation and drawing aren't being Bleach's standard are on target as well. Bottom line is that if there are some extremely negative comments then there are also some extremely positive comments about these fillers.
Old 2006-02-09, 11:16   Link #67
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Well... I thought the animation got better
And I didn't mind those episodes either. I can't say for sure whether this arc was good or not, I have to see the end first, but up to now, I'm ok. I had to watch the whole DB to hate it and even when I realised it just kills my time, I was still watching it. It had its nice moments but it was ultimately flawed.
Like Shuffle. I liked Shuffle up to ep 20, ep 21 ruined the whole series for me and I'm not going to watch it again ever, but I did download the next 3 episodes, just to have an opinion.
Anyway, it's a matter of personal taste. I may think the animation was ok while most people seem to have a different idea about this episode. So, I'll continue to enjoy the show for now, unless they pull an "Asa"
Old 2006-02-09, 13:54   Link #68
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Most of the negative comments are coming from the poeple who are saying they are enjoying the fillers. They are telling people to shut up, saying the given reasons behind why the filler might not be good are stupid, implying people shouldn't post if the views aren't positive which pretty much tells you that these people only want to read/tolerate opinion which agree with their general view.

If you (not Guido in general) see it as annoying as how some of the comments are extremely negative then you should also be able to see how some of the positive comments sound so extemely positive which can also be annoying. Yet, no one is telling you to shut up, or stop posting, or that your reasonings for liking the fillers are dumb.
Best post in this thread.

It's a little bit weird when people come to a forum and expect everyone to agree with everyone, or rather, when they expect everyone to agree with them.
Old 2006-02-09, 14:23   Link #69
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Some may see this arc as great and some may see it as horrible but why get angry at some people's opinions?
Because this thread has turned into nothing but a filler basher thread. I'd just like to come hear and discuss it as a normal episode(which it is, to me at least)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takishi
We're not trying to prove anything to you
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E.
Best post in this thread.

It's a little bit weird when people come to a forum and expect everyone to agree with everyone, or rather, when they expect everyone to agree with them.
Pay more attention. This whole thread is turning into nothing but a filler bash because you ppl think more badly of it for that fact, not treating it like a normal episode(which it is).

Go ahead and have negative comments, but do it without basing it all on filler bashing.
Old 2006-02-09, 14:30   Link #70
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I think the chief complaints come down to this.

Animation, while it has taken hits in some places, has overall kept a good quality.

Story, People don't like to think and the lack of mindless powaaa up! and sword fighting confuses and scares them.
Old 2006-02-09, 14:35   Link #71
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Mmmmmmmmm ... More fillers please, no anime can ever be completely perfected without fillers.. Oo man who is the creative soul who made this episode ? They must keep him / her / it locked up so his /her / its creativity wont leak away..

Oo man soo creative... can't wait for the next amazing episode of random storyline with super annoying characters.. I m going to sit here till next tuesday.. Yup that is what I am going to do.. Wait here in front of my monitor for the next bleach episode...

Oo man this reminds a lot of how Naruto suddenly became a lot more interesting with its fillers.. It became too intense that people stopped watching it..
Old 2006-02-09, 14:41   Link #72
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sannin
Mmmmmmmmm ... More fillers please, no anime can ever be completely perfected without fillers.. Oo man who is the creative soul who made this episode ? They must keep him / her / it locked up so his /her / its creativity wont leak away..

Oo man soo creative... can't wait for the next amazing episode of random storyline with super annoying characters.. I m going to sit here till next tuesday.. Yup that is what I am going to do.. Wait here in front of my monitor for the next bleach episode...

Oo man this reminds a lot of how Naruto suddenly became a lot more interesting with its fillers.. It became too intense that people stopped watching it..

Like Super Powaaa!s, the spirit world and sword fighting are original.
Old 2006-02-09, 14:43   Link #73
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewanderer
Pay more attention. This whole thread is turning into nothing but a filler bash because you ppl think more badly of it for that fact, not treating it like a normal episode(which it is).

Go ahead and have negative comments, but do it without basing it all on filler bashing.
Please pay more attention when quoting other people's post. I never said anything negative about this episode (or the whole filler arc for that matter). I simply agree with monir about how both negative and positive comments should be allowed.
Old 2006-02-09, 14:44   Link #74
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Sannin

You completely missed the point of my last post...
Old 2006-02-09, 15:00   Link #75
Ero-Sannin

Send a message via MSN to Ero-Sannin
Quote:
You completely missed the point of my last post...
I don't usually bother reading posts, I just read a few and then reply. And I do not usually read posts that are more than half a page long.

In other words, I post here to say what I thought of this episode.
Old 2006-02-09, 15:01   Link #76
Sirch

Quote:
Because this thread has turned into nothing but a filler basher thread. I'd just like to come hear and discuss it as a normal episode(which it is, to me at least)

We're not trying to prove anything to you

It has become a filler basher thread because these episodes are obviously below the typical quality of the bleach norm. Some may be judging the episodes harshly just because they arent in the manga but that still doesn't change the fact that these episodes have their glaring problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by As i said before:
Even if this wasn't a filler arc the problems would still remain and would be brought up. Such as the predictability, glaring leaps in logic, sub-par animation, and frustration some viewers are experiencing.
You can't just ignore people's numerous complaints and chalk it up to people not liking it simply because it isn't in the manga.
Old 2006-02-09, 16:00   Link #77
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Quote:
It has become a filler basher thread because these episodes are obviously below the typical quality of the bleach norm. Some may be judging the episodes harshly just because they arent in the manga but that still doesn't change the fact that these episodes have their glaring problems.
It's only obvious to you ppl that pay way too much attention to unimportant details, and you're talking like doing that is normal for all of us, which it isn't.

If we didn't hear you guys point out those things all the time, we wouldn't notice much difference, because the differences aren't that noticable, and most cirtainly not important. If you're gonna complain about something, complain about something real.
Old 2006-02-09, 17:40   Link #78
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Yeah and I'm glad (proud even) cause if it wasn't for me and a few others every random veiwer of this thread would think BLEACH isn't worth watching right now and by default would have to listen to the psuedo-arrogance of manga-only readers who b!tch about it being filler, but ya never hear them b!tch when Soul Society arc had filler-galore...Oh you think the head-captain melting his nipples off for 20mins while Kyōraku and others watched wasn't filler?? Oh you think Tetsuzaemon Iba sipping sake and "shooting the breeze" with Ikkaku while I'm looking at my BS Player time-code knowing I'm only gonna see 1 minute of Byakuya vs. Ichigo fight ain't filler?? Get a clue all of you...

As for this weeks episode it was good...I was engaged...I gotta admit they got me...I thought for sure Chad was the red-herring...So the imposter had to be Ichigo (anybody else felt like that?)...I was kinda pi$$ed because I pride myself on solving stuff...Ichigo walking around, being somewhat level-headed and controlling most of (if not all) of the action had me believing he was traitor....I thought he was purposely wasting time off the clock...I also thought the fact his real body was placed at the school was another indicator pointing to Ichigo...Oh well even wingdarkness is wrong every millenia ..l

I also like the high-school comedy aspect of the show (which is exactly how the series began)...I mi$$ed it during 1000k jog that was SS...the cool background music during the kooky scene between IchixRenji was great...I pumped-up my headphones and laffed at it a few times...I'm fine with what's going on right now(Last time I checked when I'm laffing, I'm enjoying myself)...My anticipation for them to actually fight these characters are high (eventhough i know it'll be 3 or 4 eps away)...We haven't even sniffed the main boss yet...So please manga-readers stop watching so this forum can be filled with optimism and not degenrate the way the Naruto forum has...

These current BLEACH episodes have entertained me and that has to mean something...Looking forward to how it shapes up...
Old 2006-02-09, 18:30   Link #79
coooltoool

I wish they would have stopped making bleach till the manga got ahead more then countinue making it. Some people say we would like the fillers if it were part of the manga. Wrong if these fillers were part of the manga i wold have lost intrest in it along time ago. I whatched many anime sereis, i know i good one when i see it. After whatching so many great anime u start to understand more and get alittle more picky in what u whatch. But for you young people or people who havent seen much You guys are easily entertained so anything they throw at you, you will like. but u will change when u get older . but for us experianced whatchers we know a good story when we see one. Reason I dont like Fillers is they have to tweak the original story around to fit the fillers. but if u guys enjoy the fillers thats good. There not worth my time, thats what happens when u whatch so much movies/series in your time, its all been there done that heh so u get alittle picky. So all in all if you dont like the fillers just stop whatching. And that girls laugh really getting anoying
Old 2006-02-09, 18:58   Link #80
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
But for you young people or people who havent seen much You guys are easily entertained so anything they throw at you, you will like. but u will change when u get older . but for us experianced whatchers we know a good story when we see one.
meh...What you are saying is pure conjecture (Younger viewers?!?! How do you know any of this?!?!)...I've probably watched more anime than you have and still find nothing overtly wrong about this arc...I'm extremely picky and seldom watch series unless I research them first...I watch series like GITS and FMA to engage my mind...I watch shows like BLEACH to engage my fun, shonen side...Watch those blanket-statements, they tend to suffocate the person that uses them...If I was 14 I woulda enjoyed this episode the same if I was 24...

...So by your standard I'm not an experienced anime watcher because I enjoyed a kooky episode that was funny and entertaining to me...My God, please do a search on all posts made by wingdarkness...The similcons don't make your post any more tolerable ...