AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

View Poll Results: Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - Episode 55 Rating
Perfect 10 30 53.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 32.14%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 5.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.79%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-08, 02:44   Link #81
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Wonder if you will still be able to say that after the following episodes
If I sympathise with him then I might change my mind. But the preview looks awesome: a fight between Wrath and Lin/Greed. It looks like Wrath's win though... am I right? (find out in next episode)

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-05-08, 06:35   Link #82
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grey View Post
They're not obviously his enemies yet. Bradley knows that his train was blown up and a coup is happening. Sure, there's a chance Al might know something, but taking control of his country is more important than trying to confront the guy who is pure armor.
I would also add a theory for revenge since he is Wrath after all. And remember that at the time of the explosion Alphonse was being held captive by Pride so he probably wouldn't have been able to blow the train up and as such not worthy to go after when those apparently responsible for it were just up ahead taking his country away and turning his wife against him.

And of course we shouldn't leave out the "theory" that is was just a filler scene and no one though this question might turn up because of it
Old 2010-05-08, 22:06   Link #83
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I would also add a theory for revenge since he is Wrath after all.
Wrath intent on revenge, eh? I don't know. Bradley is usually surprisingly calm for being Wrath. Sort of like Lust, who never really acted that lustful, and Pride who doesn't have a really big ego. But Gluttony, Greed, and Sloth.... They're the more extreme side.
Old 2010-05-08, 22:47   Link #84
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
If I sympathise with him then I might change my mind. But the preview looks awesome: a fight between Wrath and Lin/Greed. It looks like Wrath's win though... am I right? (find out in next episode)
You odn't know half of the story
Old 2010-05-08, 22:55   Link #85
GaimeGuy

Quote:
Wrath intent on revenge, eh? I don't know. Bradley is usually surprisingly calm for being Wrath. Sort of like Lust, who never really acted that lustful, and Pride who doesn't have a really big ego. But Gluttony, Greed, and Sloth.... They're the more extreme side.
you haven't been paying attention. :P

He ate his own brother
Old 2010-05-08, 23:53   Link #86
Vicious108

FMA is a shounen manga, it'd have been kinda hard for Lust to act truly lustful. She seduced and used Havoc with her feminine charms, that's good enough IMO.
Old 2010-05-08, 23:57   Link #87
GaimeGuy

and wrath is battle hungry, with a subdued rage
Old 2010-05-09, 01:38   Link #88
Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
FMA is a shounen manga, it'd have been kinda hard for Lust to act truly lustful. She seduced and used Havoc with her feminine charms, that's good enough IMO.
Haha, true enough about the shounen manga bit! And I doubt her sex life would have had much relevance to the story anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaimeGuy View Post
and wrath is battle hungry, with a subdued rage
Hmm, maybe. But if it's subdued, then it's not really enough to classify as a "sin" I think. I mean, if he has a temper then he seems to keep really good control of it. Then again, naming them after the "sins" doesn't mean they literally embody those sins, so it's probably fine.
Old 2010-05-09, 03:36   Link #89
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Haha, true enough about the shounen manga bit! And I doubt her sex life would have had much relevance to the story anyways.

Hmm, maybe. But if it's subdued, then it's not really enough to classify as a "sin" I think. I mean, if he has a temper then he seems to keep really good control of it. Then again, naming them after the "sins" doesn't mean they literally embody those sins, so it's probably fine.
I think his sin has been...muted by his partial humanity. As has been noted previously, he's only got the one soul anyway, so it's possible that his innate wrath has been lessened because of that as well... Notice how Greed appears to be slightly less greedy as Greedling than he was as Greed 1.0.

Wrath does have a fair amount of wrath. Remember how he was angry at Elecia's crying at Hughes' funeral. I think he just channels it well. He has to keep a fairly steady head about himself as ruler of the country, after all... His Eye may assist him in that as well. Rather than being in a constant blind rage, he's just in a constant rage... ^_^
Old 2010-05-09, 09:35   Link #90
Slave0fLife
O_O

HOLY S**T!!! Where is episode 56 thread? Just watched the episode and want to comment.
Old 2010-05-09, 10:40   Link #91
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slave0fLife View Post
HOLY S**T!!! Where is episode 56 thread? Just watched the episode and want to comment.
Right!? ^_^