AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-ON! The Movie - Rating
Perfect 10 44 51.76%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 24 28.24%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.94%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.71%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.18%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-24, 01:16   Link #341
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Movie only character.. like... MIO's BOYFRIEND !!! Yeah... that'll work.
Old 2011-02-24, 01:27   Link #342
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Nooooo that wouldn't work at all, not that don't support that... well.. I would be pretty heart broken Its just that all the Otakus in japan would be enraged, they would cause Arson, and just torch down every theater thats playing that film. This would happen all of over japan causing japan to be high terrorist alert. Massive panic,depression, and anger would occur. Suicide counts would increase by ten fold in just 30 minutes of the films release. This would cause japan to go into a Major Depression. Massive anarchy would spread. Kyoto Studios would be destroyed by an angry mob, and all the staff members (and there familys) of Kyoto Studios would be targeted as enemy's of the state,........................, but.. lets put to perspective the fans would hate that character just as much (possibly more then) all the angry people that hate Justin Beiber ...put together

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-02-24 at 01:39.
Old 2011-02-24, 02:14   Link #343
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
WHAAAT!??! o_O

i-if that happens, i'm going to commit suicide!!! Or in a lesser degree, I'm going to rage,very hard, killing every staff of the show.

LOL.

ok,i'm going to specify. the movie-only character/s should be girls. period. XDD

But man,i almost had a heart attack at that.DX
Old 2011-02-24, 02:16   Link #344
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
all the angry people that hate Justin Beiber ...put together
Damn, that would cause World War III.

I agree, keep the males out (well, we do see a few male teachers.)! Wait, I'm male...:isperplexed:
Old 2011-02-24, 04:04   Link #345
Stefkov

If I remember rightly wasn't there an OVA in the first season where they played at a Live House?
There wasn't much slice of life in that except the New Years party they had. Perhaps the movie will be something similar or they'll have the band that they got to know at that Live House invite them to another gig.
Old 2011-02-24, 04:33   Link #346
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefkov View Post
If I remember rightly wasn't there an OVA in the first season where they played at a Live House?
There wasn't much slice of life in that except the New Years party they had. Perhaps the movie will be something similar or they'll have the band that they got to know at that Live House invite them to another gig.
Yeah, they'll have to find some way to have HTT perform in the movie. I can't imagine they'd do a feature film and not have concert scenes.
Old 2011-02-24, 06:31   Link #347
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Boyfriends are strictly off limits!! For any of the girls! That would be the most heart breaking terrible thing that I have ever seen in the entire world!!! And I would probably go into a short rage and kill the VA that played the boy character.
All in good fun though
Old 2011-02-24, 07:26   Link #348
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
Boyfriends are strictly off limits!! For any of the girls! That would be the most heart breaking terrible thing that I have ever seen in the entire world!!! And I would probably go into a short rage and kill the VA that played the boy character.

THIS.

XDD

male love-interests aren't allowed!! >=(

that aside, i like the idea of nodoka getting a boyfriend.XDD
Old 2011-02-24, 10:58   Link #349
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

"No! They can't have boyfriends, or substantive character development that might change the operating dynamic of the HTT we know and love! They just can't!" Sentiment like that is why, I suspect, KyoAni decided to not rock the boat by making a college/musical career movie about K-On! Such a movie would deeply upset the fanbase, who'd then post videos of themselves on Nico burning their K-On! merchandise. Unless they go all alternate-universe (which, in anime, is always possible) on us, I can't see how a movie set in their high school days could be anything but a safe "milk the cash cow while Kakifly makes more source material" kind of thing.

I bet, if the movie were 90 minutes long, it would be broken down thusly: 75 minutes of the girls slacking off, drinking tea, eating cake, and committing general acts of moe. Fifteen minutes will be related to music. Of that, five will be Mio or Azusa noting that maybe they should get some practice in; five will be Yui being Yui; and there will be five minutes of actual music . . . of which, three will come from the opening and closing credits. Since it's set in high school, I'm predicting it will end up being like a really long episode of the anime.
Old 2011-02-24, 13:35   Link #350
Procrastinator_CA
Laborus Tardis

Quote:
Movie only character.. like... RITSU's BOYFRIEND !!! Yeah... that'll work.
Corrected. And no, the 'boyfriend' won't be a movie-only character.
Old 2011-02-24, 19:49   Link #351
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Procrastinator_CA View Post
Corrected. And no, the 'boyfriend' won't be a movie-only character.
NOOOOO!!!!!

i'm fine with it though if this 'boyfriend' of ritsu would merely be used to make 'someone' insanely jealous. XDD

ah, makes me want to see the OVA now since i'm kinda depressed with a certain character in another show. T__T
Old 2011-02-24, 20:13   Link #352
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Well... ya see... when the girls were stalking Sawako and talking boyfriends and Yui goes "MIO !! congradulations !!" ... Well... her denial was so... over the top unconvincing... So yeah... it's possible.
Old 2011-02-25, 06:40   Link #353
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Well... ya see... when the girls were stalking Sawako and talking boyfriends and Yui goes "MIO !! congradulations !!" ... Well... her denial was so... over the top unconvincing... So yeah... it's possible.
that might be true BUT her actions would contradict her infamous line, MEN ARE ANIMALS! i say, she might be simply embarrassed about such thing when yui mentioned about BFs.

but i doubt mio's getting one. XD
Old 2011-02-25, 12:36   Link #354
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
that might be true BUT her actions would contradict her infamous line, MEN ARE ANIMALS!
Heh, you don't actually think she seriously believes that, do you? It was said in a moment of desparation and frustration at Ritsu's behavior, that's all. (Not that I believe that Mio has a secret boyfriend, either...)
Old 2011-02-25, 12:45   Link #355
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Somewhat disappointed it's not post-HS material. I think the second season ended that chapter in their lives with enough bang and pizzaz worthy of an actual concert.
MASSIVELY disappointed it isn't post-HS .... even the period between HS and college would have been fine.

And yeah, my temper towards "dumbass otaku who need to be in therapy" is shortening as they get between me and possible excellent story writing.
Old 2011-02-25, 13:17   Link #356
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
MASSIVELY disappointed it isn't post-HS .... even the period between HS and college would have been fine.

And yeah, my temper towards "dumbass otaku who need to be in therapy" is shortening as they get between me and possible excellent story writing.
I'd still like to keep the possibility of a season 3 open, with the girls actually doing college. Though I can't be sure till I've actually seen a page, Kakifly sees to be going in that direction if he's continuing where he left off. If not, then I seriously question how he intends to keep the story from going stale. And no, I don't think focusing on the 'new' LMC is a good idea. I'm a big fan of the franchise, but even I have my limits.

Besides, how many times would the story have to restart with other girls before fans get the idea and stop reading/watching (whichever applies)?

I'd prefer a story where they go through college together as both friends and a band, end up in going 'pro', try to score a record deal and actually start paving the (long) road to actual stardom.
Old 2011-02-26, 08:07   Link #357
bokchoy

They were pretty good at creating drama and sentiment, just like episode 9 of K-On! and episode 24 of K-On!! And I was hoping for a really good ending to the series with a budokan concert or something TT_TT

-Tsumugi Kotobuki (K-On! Episode 7)

Old 2011-02-26, 12:39   Link #358
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokchoy View Post
They were pretty good at creating drama and sentiment, just like episode 9 of K-On! and episode 24 of K-On!!
...That was supposed to be Drama? I thought they were comedy scenes
Old 2011-02-27, 07:46   Link #359
bokchoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Kyon View Post
...That was supposed to be Drama? I thought they were comedy scenes
The first extra episode from season one got pretty dark and mysterious for a bit actually...don't doubt kyoani in creating drama

-Tsumugi Kotobuki (K-On! Episode 7)

Old 2011-02-27, 08:27   Link #360
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokchoy View Post
The first extra episode from season one got pretty dark and mysterious for a bit actually...
It did...?
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, slice of life